Auto configure outlook for exchange users

We use roaming profiles, along with outlook 2002 and
exchange 2000.  Is there a way to auto configure outlook
for the users, instead of having to do them all
individually?

Many many thanks, I really need help with this.
0
tombell1 (1)

There is a way to do it using GPO's and scripts.  But I
use Scriptlogic logon scripts to configure the users
profiles and settings for everything including Outlook.
www.scriptlogic.com

:-)

0
cibertek (1)

Importing Outlook Messages into Outlook Express
I previously used Outlook 2000 on an old PC and now have a new PC using Outlook Express 6. I saved some of my old Outlook .msg files and Outlook mailbox.pab file on my new PC, but have not been able to "import" the Outlook files into Outlook Express. My Office 2000 CD is damaged and I have no way of installing Outlook on my new PC. Is there a way of opening or importing my Outlook files with Outlook Express? Appreciate the help, David ...

Can not customize Outlook today
We have installed outlook 2000 on everyone's pc. We do not use exchange server. We are using Ipswitch's IMail server. When a user clicks on Customize Outlook Today it does not go to any screen that allows for customization. Nothing happens. Does this feature need to be turned on somewhere or does it have to have Exchange Server to work? Thanks in advance, Paul Ivaska The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx...

Auto Filter problem

unable to see messages in outlook 2003
after setting up outlook on vista machine i am unable to see messages in inbox or any of the personal folders, despite successful download from mail server. have also checked filters. i had plenty of issues during setting up outlook with 2007 version & with setting up mail data folders, but it finally worked. any assistance will be appreciated. -- mahim http://forums.slipstick.com "mahim" <mahim.45jx5y@invalid> wrote in message news:mahim.45jx5y@invalid... > after setting up outlook on vista machine i am unable to see messages in > inbox o...

Auto-Editing

Imail to Outlook 2003
Hi all: I have an Imail server which I'm taking offline, I can see folders on the Imail system but I can't seem to get them off so I can put it on Outlook. For example: uder Inbox there are folders, but they don't download to Outlook when I'm running in either Pop3 mode of IMAP I have tried posting with iMail, but they are useless!!! That's why I'm taking it offline and going to Exchange (eventually) Thanks, Bob J ...

handwriting mail sent from Outlook 2003 to Outlook Express 6
After creating handwriting mail by Tablet PC Outlook 2003 (word 2003 is selected as mail editor) it was sent to my mail account and I have received in four clients. O and OE in the same Tablet PC from whrere original handwriting was sent, another O and OE installed in the different ordinary XP PC. I intended O: as Outlook 2003, OE: as Outlook Express 6. Every OE is unchecked "Read all messages in plain text" and "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" Also I have set my mail account could be received by these four client...

Outlook 2000 Hangs
Is there an issue with Outlook 2k and Exhange 2k3? One of my user send a 8 megs email message to everyone. Outlook hangs when they tried to open it. But I have 5 users using Outlook 2003 did not have any problem. Please Advice, TIA Hangs for how long? Remember that with Outlook 2000 (unless you've specified to work Offline), none of your e-mail is stored locally, so you are opening that 8mb message across the network. I'd expect some lag. Outlook 2003 uses cached mode by default, so the message would be stored locally and that is what they would be opening. Other than that, ...

Outlook database structure
Hello, Can someone tell me where I can find a description of the outloo database tables? I mean which fields, datatype, etc etc ... especially want the table in which the accounts are kept. thx ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com found it, if anyone needs it ... http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnout98/html/olexcoutlk.as ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View a...

MS CRM 3.0 + Outlook
Hi,I installed MS CRM 3.0 customer for outlook but I found under small Microsoft CRM in outlook that Deleted items how one adds the module of the CRM under this menu. Thanck You. Hi Ahmed, You can drag a folder from 'the small microsoft crm menu' to the favourits (the upper left corner of outlook). This way you can easily access microsoft crm folders you frequently use! Hope this helps, Best regards, Merijn van Mourik http://crmerijn.blogspot.com "ahmed" wrote: > Hi,I installed MS CRM 3.0 customer for outlook but I found under small > Microsoft CRM in outloo...

Create new Database and Configure Synchronization
Hi all, I would like to create a new database/table to save information on the Oppurtunity -> Competitor/Partner form to the local MSDE when a user is offline. When the user goes online again, I would like to set up the replication so that the data (Competitor/Partner information) stored locally on the MSDE is synched back to the CRM Database (in which case I think I'll have to add a new database/table to the CRM Datastore as well, since it does not have the table I want). Is something that can be done? If yes, anyone have any ideas of how to go about it? Thank you in advance. Defin...

Unable to Forward Meeting Requests to users on Exchange 2003
I am finally migrating my users from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. This past weekend I changed my bridgehead server to a new Exchange 2003 SP2 Server I also migrated about 500 out of 4000 users to new Exchange 2003 SP2 servers. Now when users try to forward any meeting requests using either Outlook XP or Outlook 2003 they get an undeliverable message stating that they do not have permission to send to the message. This only happens when they are either forwarding meeting request to someone outside the office and it is routing through the new bridgehead server or to a user that is on one ...

Auto-Calculate

Evaluating Anti-Spam/Virus Appliance
I'm evaluating an IronPort anti-spam/virus filtering appliance. I would like to have the appliance not only filter inbound e-mail but outbound as well. What is the correct method of configuring Exchange 2000 to route all outbound e-mail through the appliance? Not familiar with the Ironport but you can use the SMTP connector in Exchange to smarthost everything though the Ironport which would then receive the email and would need configuring. "Marks70" <Marks70@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:494E28FE-31B8-43F8-8CA1-B1396833917E@microsoft.com... > ...

"From Field" Problem in outlook 2003
When connecting to another users profile that has "Send As" enabled on its and changing back to my profile i now receive the "From" field when replying to a message (that was not there before) on my profile with my name in it. if i try to send a message with my name in the from field i do not have permissions. i think this is a caching problem has anyone seen this problem? ...

PDF attachments w/ Outlook 2003
One of our computers running Office 2003 will not open received pdf attachments. It generates an error saying that the specified file cannot be found. Sometimes it refuses to open the file at all, and sometimes it generates the error then goes on to open the file. It does not do this with any other type of file. I have done the detect and repair operation multiple times on this computer, and it has not helped. This computer was initially running Office XP, but was upgraded to Office 2003. Office XP was uninstalled before installing 2003. The computer has had this error since 2003 was in...

auto copy self

Exchange Attributes missing from 2000 DC Controller
Hi guys, I have two questions that I am sure I shoudl know the answers to but thought I would get a quicker response from newsgroups than my memory; We have a windows 2000 domain that has been upgraded to windows 2003 schema but has no 2003 Domain Controlllers. There is one 2003 member server that is running Exchange 2003. 1: We can only modify/ view the Exchange attributes of active directory on the 2003 member servers active directory. Is there anyway of upgrading the active directory managers on the 2000 domain controllers to show the exchange attributes? 2: Where can I get the re...

registry for outlook options
Excuse me, can everyone know what's the exact registry position for the functions? i'm using a outlook 2000. Under Tools > Options > Mail. there is a button Use "word editor as a text editor". it can be used before. but currently, it's disabled and dim. i can't change its options. how can i make it active undim and enable it. i know it may need to change the registry. Many Thanks, DDT taitamhk@yahoo.com.hk Do you have Word 2000 installed? Other versions of Word won't work as e-mail editor for Outlook 2000. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Re...

how do I sync outlook with ATT yahoo mail?
I am trying to use outlook now for my email and sync it with att yahoo mail. It appears messages sent are appearing in my outlook inbox but not in my att yahoo inbox so I can view them from other computers. I also have a palm treo 750 I had set up to view all messages that now isnt workin right with the outlook. you need to make sure that you leave messages on server. Click on Tools, E-Mail accounts, then go to change this accounbt and then click on More Settings. then under the Advanced tab is where you check the box to leave messages on server. I set it to delete them after a numbe...

Outlook 2003 Font Size Changes FONT size=+0 in HTML Code
I have a user who has random parts of some of his emails go up in font size (10-12) for a paragraph or so and then back to normal. I cannot find the cause but notice in the HTML of the email each section of problem text has <FONT size=+0> somewhere in it. The only solution I could find was to create a Blank stationery for him to use but that doesn't seem to have resolved this problem. If any one has any information on this I would be really grateful. Cheers Dave In received messages or when composing? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Config...

Outlook News and Outlook Mail
I have just switched to Outlook for Email and created a shortcut to Outlook Newsreader in the Outlook Shortcuts. I have folders that I created in Outlook Express when I used it for Email and News and I imported them to Outlook. When I use either Mail or News, I have the same named folders, but they reside in different locations. Is there a way to redirect either Outlook or Outlook Express so that they will share the same file folder location so that all saved files, whether Email or News, would be stored in the same place? Ken ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message pos...

Outlook 2003 permission error. Anyone?
I have created several rules to permanently delete mail. It was fine for a few days. Now I am getting the following pop up box: "Rules in Error Rule: Prescriptions (example of many) You don't have the appropriate permission to perform this operation." It does this on all of my permanently delete rules. All of my other rules run fine. I'm running XP and am logged in as Administrator. Security settings are default, except I changed Restricted Zones from High to Med. I checked Google groups. It appears others have experienced this. Evidently it was an issue in Beta too, but ...

When opening MS Outlook 2002 a window opens asking for network server?
Office XP Professional When I open MS Outlook a window opens up that is titled Microsoft LDAP Directory It asks for a server name, user name etc. This is a stand alone computer. Not on a network. Is there anyway of stopping this window from opening up each time I start Outlook? Thank You for your time Barry Barry, Your Outlook is configured to use an LDAP server for some reason. To remove the settings for an LDAP server, goto: 1) Tools 2) Email-Accounts Once in the Email-Accts window you will see four radio buttons(2 for E-mail and 2 for Directory) Click on the button next ...