Auto Archive and IMAP

Auto-archive does not work properly with IMAP accounts.

I have multiple folder in an IMAP account. I have set every
folder to archive when messages are a month old but nothing
seems to happen.

I have changed the view on one of the folders so I can see
the created, modified and received dates. I have many
messages where all three dates are before 7/2/2004  and
even if I manually tell it to archive all message before
7/4/2004 nothing happens.

Is there a way to fix this or can someone confirm this is a
bug rather than some configuration problem?

Ian.
0
anonymous (74721)

Retrieving Archived e-mail
Thanks in advance for your help: I recently switched laptops and archived my email inbox and sent items for easier transfer. I have tried to both open and import the archieved items back into outlook, but without any success. Any advice? What happens when you try? Do you get an error message? What version(s) of Outlook? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Matt Stevens" <shojin@mindspring...

Auto response from an account set up in my public folder
I have created and access to another e-mail account in my public folder that is for my employees email me with request and concerns. This is in my regular Outlook account. I am trying to create an auto response to answer the senders that the info was received and I will contact them. How can I do this? Thanks right click on the public folder and choose properties, administration tab, folder assistant. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe...

Auto Complete Days of Week
MS Word 2007 only auto completes days of the week part time. Why is this? For instance in this example 'Tuesday and Wednesday' MS completed Tuesday but not Wednesday. This happens all the time and would like to fix this. Hi, marlee73, In my case, they do autocomplete, but you have to type more characters of Wednesday than of Tuesday. Is this the only autocomplete issue you're having, or do you have more examples? -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "marlee73" <marlee73@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Auto Parts
Did any one or any company adapt MS RMS to the auto parts? Auto parts retailers have specific needs. Each part is usually linked to a specific car model: Make, Model, year ...etc. And they need to lookup based on the above criteria. All I could find is that it is possible to implement RMS to autoparts but no one has done it. Way to complacated. there are a few big guys that do it and RMS can't compeate. One reason is that they are also hooked up to suppliers and parts are ordered that way also they can check to see if they have stock. More work then you want. Also some parts work...

Auto Updating a field in Contacts, based on changes done in Accoun
Hi! Can anybody tell me how I can get teh "Releationship Type" on Contacts to reflect the value on the "Releationship type" on the parent account? I have some workflow routines, but that is not enough. I.E: a sales representative set an account from value "prospect" to value "Customer" in the "Relationship Type", then all associated Contacts to that Account should been updated (but they are not). How can I manage to get this functionality? One way would be to use a Post Callout to process the update. You need ot be careful though as t...

How do I cancel Auto Forward
I need to cancel an autoforward rule in outlook. I can not find the rule in rules and alerts. What type of email account? Did you configure it on the server? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use? http://forums.slipstick.com/sh...

I need to ARCHIVE a Calendar in Public Folder in Exchange 2003.
My company has a Calendar set up in Public Folders. (Exchange 2003) The Calendar goes back to 2002. I would like to ARCHIVE it to .....say....Jan of 2005. And if ARCHIVING is not available, even deleting everything before that date may be ok. I have tried the FILE...ARCHIVE routine from within Outlook, but this does not work. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Jim On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 06:06:01 -0700, Jim Kelege <JimKelege@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My company has a Calendar set up in Public Folders. (Exchange 2003) >The Calendar goes back to 2002. >I would like...

Save File Dialog auto change file extension
Hi All, I am using the file dialog to obtain a proposed archive file name from the user. I would like to have this feature: when the user select different filter (different file type) the extention of the file name should be automatically changed to the select type, for example the original file name is abc.ini, when the user change fitler to *.log, the filename is then changed to abc.log. How can I achieve this? many thanks in advance. Timmy mdk wrote: > Hi All, > > I am using the file dialog to obtain a proposed archive file > name from the user. I would like to have this...

Archiving then retrieving selected amount of data
We are considering archiving our records into Access. I've already made a test table, then run a query to extract 5 fields. It is intended that people will query the table by selecting one record, then displaying say the next 500 records and not necessarily from the first record. I'd like to do this via a query so that it can be exported to Excel. Also, can I create a box on a form so the user can select how many records he/she would like to see, before the query is run? Thanks in advance, A Beginner. Example... fld1 fld2 fld3 fld4 AutoNumb 1828585...

archiving emails
For QA purpose I want to archive all emails received on a particuliar project with other files related to that project. I put the received emails into a project folder I have then exported that folder to projects main folder, for transfer to a CD. This creates a single pst file with all the relavent emailsin it. The problem is searching and retriving a relavent email, I cant open the the pst file, ithought outlook would do this. Any help or is there a better way of keeping records of emails If the file is on a CD, it is read only. Outlook requires Read/Write access to the .pst file....

Archive Data
I am using MSMoney 04 and I will have to upgrade soon. My current file is large (4 disks to backup). What are the Pros and Cons of using Money's Archive feature? How will it affect upgrading? How will it affect reports? Such as Net Worth Over Time? Having tried archiving, there are no pros and many cons. It basically does not work as you probably expect. Not much reduction in file size and no speed gain. There is absolutely no reason to archive that I can find and I certainly would not consider it. And archiving destroys your ability to access old data in reports. Don't k...

Auto-Email remittance stub and overflow on all EFT transactions
We need auto-email functionality to generate an email with the remittance information (just like the checkstub). The vendor record or the EFT vendor card could hold the email address. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesss...

Archiving of Email
Hi I am working in an Exchange 2003 environment, my clients use Outlook 2003. Whenever I try to perform an archive of old emails, the structure is exported, however no emails are being extracted. Its not the date I am selecting either, that is valid. Am I doing something wrong, has anyone ever experienced this issue? I followed the steps in this article, http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011216101033.aspx Thanks Which date did you check? Outlook almost always uses the Modified date of an item as the criteria for archiving, since it's usually the most recent date a...

Auto Delivery of emails
have a customer who is obtaining emails from another user in his company. Spoke to both users. Neither does not recall how this occurred. The first user "had" an assistant who 'did something' so that when he and she were at a conference had his emails forwarded to the second but his secretary died recently and he does not know what she did. I checked his outlook for delegation....none. I checked his mailbox on exchange for Delivery Options and none exists...yet, the other user still gets the first users mail forwarded....all his emails. The first user "gets&q...

If main heading is selected, sub headings auto-selected
I have a spreadsheet that lists a bunch of topics, and subtopics. I want to set up a formula or something so when one of the main topics is selected, all the subtopics are automatically selected. I'm thinking this will probably require a macro, or maybe hidden columns or something, so the formula will not be lost if a sub topic's box is 'selected'. I need to have a few different people choose which topics they want searched. Most of these main topics have subtopics. So, to make it easier for them, I want to set up something so when they put an 'X' in the main topic&#...

Archive error
The error is: "Error while archiving folder "Calendar" in store "Personal Folders". The file .../archive.pst is not a personal folders file." I thought it might be a problem with the length of the path but can't seem to fix that even if this is the case. Even when I replace the travelled-to path with an 8.3 one, next time I open O2K it's been converted to an LFN. So can't tell if this would fix it. Whenever I have issues when opening files/folders in this and other Office programs, the 8.3 trick usu. does the job (i.e., if path to default template...

Excel 2007 missing data using auto filter
I have activated my DATA - Filter. It is not displaying all different types of items within the column. I have about 1600 rows of data. Not all rows have an entry. The first data I am missing appears on row 504. I have tried reformat the cells to make sure they are general formatting. Any thoughts? Hi Eth, Something I try is to do a drag/copy of the cell above it (or one that I know that has data that is recognized) so it copies its formatting, then rewriting the proper number back into that cell. If that works then it is probably a formatting issue. Squeaky ...

Auto update a date field when a checkbox is ticked
Hi All Does anyone know how I can automatically populate a data/time field when a check box is ticked? This needs to be at record level. thanks Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Get Identity Values of Multi-row insert by using OUTPUT Clause http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/03c8104d-7deb-425e-beb5-dd4f996da99f/get-identity-values-of-mu.aspx If you mean when the check box receives a check (rather than when it is cleared), in the check box After Update event: If Me.CheckBoxName = True Then Me.SomeField = Now() End If If you want th...

Overlapping time (X) axis labels with auto axis options
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. I have created a Scatter chart with straight lines and markers. My data source consists of 100 rows of evenly spaced data points (one column for the time the date/time the data points were taken, and a second column for the actual data points. While I always have 100 evenly spaced data points, these data points can span anywhere from just a few minutes to several hours. For this reason, I have the axis options for my X (time value) axis set to Auto for the Min, Max, Major Unit, and Minor Unit. The problem I am having is that when my data only covers a sho...

IMAP : replied AND deleted messages
Hi all ! I am a new (happy) user of IMAP. I understand the way deletion works (messages are first marked for deletion but stay on the server, and are only deleted if I purge the folder) but I have a little problem : Messages that have been answered (I don't know whether there is a "replied" flag or not) that I delete are not displayed with a strike-through line. This is confusing, because I can't rely on the display to know which messages have been deleted / moved. I forgot the most important : Outlook 2000 + SR1a + SP3 Thanks a lot for you help on this problem ! Arn...

auto height
I have merged cells across the bottom of a worksheet for a comment area. I have formatted the text to wrap. How do I get the area to auto format the height? I want to be able to see the full comment area at a glance. I saw an explanation once, didn't really understand it and can't locate it to try and decipher. It said something about BTW code. I would appreciate simple directions. Thank you!! You can Autofit rows with merged cells only by using VBA. One of the many drawbacks to using merged cells. If you want to go that route............... See google search t...

OE auto open message
OE is auto opening my messages in a panel on the bottom even though I don't have that option checked. The message doesn't show being open but it must be if it shows on the bottom panel when it is hi-lighted. Isn't that dangerous regarding viruses? tamster52 <tamster52@comcast.net> wrote: > OE is auto opening my messages in a panel on the bottom > even though I don't have that option checked. The message > doesn't show being open but it must be if it shows on the > bottom panel when it is hi-lighted. Isn't that dangerous > regarding viruses? A...

Auto enter email address
I have 2 computers at home with Outlook 2007. On one as you start to type an email address in the TO, CC or BCC box the names will pop up if they are in the address book. The other one will not. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Bob Heideloff Hi Bob, this site should help: "AutoComplete" http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/CH010496931033.aspx Maybe it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange (Vista Ready): Public ShareFolder Synchronize Outlook between PC and Notebook: Public SyncTool http://www.publicshareware.com "Bob Heideloff" <bheideloff...

deleted items on imap account
Hello, When an e-mail is deleted in an Outlook IMAP account, the message is still displayed in the inbox with a line through it. Is there any way to set the function, so that when a message is deleted, it actually is moved to the Deleted Items folder like in a POP3 account? Many Thanks No, the IMAP protocol has a different model of deletion than other types of mail. You'll need to go to Edit -> Purge Deleted Messages to actually delete the messages. You can use Tools -> Customize to add this command to your toolbar to make it easier (that's what I do). -- Jeff Steph...

amalgamating archive files
I have several archive files and I'd like to combine them into a single one. Is there a way to do this? Thanks. Howie ...