Authentication when opening intranet pages from Outlook

I have an intranet asp application that sends emails that contain a link to
an intranet page.  I have a case where one user is forced to login to the
windows domain when he clicks on the link, even though he is within the
firewall & his Outlook security settings specify automatic login with the
current name & password.  This doesn't happen with any other users (unless
they go through the firewall).  The site is also recorded in the trusted
sites section.

Any ideas?

0
AndrewJ (1)

Portfolio Default Page
When I open my Portfolio I would like for my custom page to open ( be the default page ). How to I make my Custom page my default page. Also, sometimes when I open my Portfolio it may display currency other than $-most often the Euro & Ph. I have the $ as the default currency. How do I get the $ to show each time? Thanks, Jamedare In microsoft.public.money, Jamedare wrote: > When I open my Portfolio I would like for my custom page >to open ( be the default page ). How to I make my Custom >page my default page. Your choices for what you see when you start Money are a...

CRM for Outlook
CRm is working fine, sync is no problem. But when i try to access the folders offline i get permission denied. i found some artikels which said that i have to change 2 digits to 0, but the problem is still not solved. Can someone help me? ----------------- CRM per Outlook klappt gut. Auch beim Sync werden keine Fehler angezeigt. Versuche ich aber offline einen Ordner zu �ffnen, so erhalte ich die Meldung "Zugriff Verweigert" Ich habe ein Paar beitr�ge gefunden, wo man in der Registry 2 Digits auf 0 setzen soll, was aber nicht geholfen hat. Weis da jemand noch weiter?? Gru� Thomas ...

Cannot send internal mail using outlook
Good morning to everyone, I hope you can help me with this problem: I am unable to send emails to anyone over the same domain using outlook 2000. Let me try to ilustrate this: aaa@domain.com can't send mails to bbb@domain.com using outlook. If aaa@domain.com sends mail to bbb@domain.com using the webmail page it has no problems. However, aaa@domain.com can send mails to asd@another.domain.com using outlook normally. The mail server is on our ISP. I have no idea where to start searching anything... I guess my ISP is innocent, since I can send mail over the webmail page to my domain a...

how do i setup excel to use separate instances for each file open.
Whenever I open a document in MS Word, it 'acts' like a new program for each file open. This is relevant because I have mulitple monitors and can have two or more active documents and see them side by side. Excel however opens each file into one program and does not allow simultaneous viewing of more than one book/sheet/etc... Is there an option embedded somewhere that will allow this?..or what?... I'm open to suggestions. uhh...I figured it out... Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications "roomi" wrote: > Whenever I open a document in MS Word, it '...

Open in Form view, limit access to design view,shift key to open.
I have a data base that opens directly into a FORM that looks similar to - but is not a switchboard. It requires that you hold down the shift key, when clicking to open the folder to access the design view and do any build. How did she set this up? mcjohn wrote: > I have a data base that opens directly into a FORM that looks similar > to - but is not a switchboard. It requires that you hold down the > shift key, when clicking to open the folder to access the design view > and do any build. How did she set this up? She probably spent some time in the hlep file. Tools -...

Outlook in a memory stick
Has anyone tried to install Outlook (2007) in a memory stick? Can I then use my mail in an any computer including netcafes, while I'm travelling? "Tallaaja" <x@y.zz> wrote: >Has anyone tried to install Outlook (2007) in a memory stick? Can I then use >my mail in an any computer including netcafes, while I'm travelling? Probably won't work. Setup an easy way to copy your .PST file from the home computer to your notebook (using the memory stick as the go-between) before you leave. You'll also have to setup a way to copy that file back to the home c...

how do I keep the date received in outlook?
I need to have the date when I received the e-mail. Outlook shows the date received for yesterday and I assume it will for today, but on messages received prior to that--subsequent days it shows, "None." How do I keep the date received displayed to show when I received it? It isn't in the message. Where are these messages coming from? I haven't seen that issue in Outlook before since all my messages keep their received date "tech nana" <tech nana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:244C421E-C737-4CC3-8711-04B064A8847B@microsoft.com... &g...

OWA - SSL
Hi I have a problem with OWA, SSL.... can you help me.... let me tell you exactly what I did: I have FE/BE server... both windows 2003 Enterprise sever SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP1 FE: Srv2 192.168.0.2 BE: Srv1 192.168.0.1 The BE server (Srv1) is CA root and DNS : mail A 192.168.0.2 mail MX mail.domain.com srv2 A 192.168.0.2 srv1 A 192.168.0.1 NS: srv1.domain.com CA: certificate Autority: srv1.domain.com mail.domain.com Issued To mail.domain.com Issued By mail.domain.com Exchange mail server url for internal and ext...

Open a excel workbook always on the same sheet
I want to have a excel workbook open up everytime on a particular sheet. This is irrespective of which sheet i had last accessed and saved the file. However, when i reopen the file anytime, it must open up on sheet 1 (for e.g.) Can anyone help plz regards Nikhil Use the Workbook_Open() event to deal with this. You can use a command like Worksheets(1).Activate or Worksheets("name on sheet tab").Activate The code has to go into the 'ThisWorkbook' object's code module. Open the workbook and press [Alt]+[F11] to open the VB Editor. Press [Ctrl]+[R] ...

program doesnt open....at ALL!
Sometimes when I go to open the outlook program (2000), the program completely refuses to open. I try opening through several means. task manager, toolbar shortcut, etc. and the result is the same. sometimes, after i repeatedly click on the toolbar shortcut (approx 20-30 times) the program responds. usually opening up around 10 differnet windows. othertimes, after i patiently wait - 20-30 min or so, the program finally just opens itself! has this happened /does this happen to anyone else and what is the probelm associated with this? thx in advance for the help js ...

crm 3.0 : authentication error
Hi, I get the authentication error prompt for each user having the same login username in the internal domain than in the CRM domain. Passwords are not the same in each domain, and there seems to be some kind of automatic authentication while loading the page in IE. Is there any setting, which could help me prevent this ? thanks, @ntonio By default, the IIS web site allowed anonymous connections. I disabled them, allowing only integrated authentication. It now works fine! @ntonio ...

Neswreader in Outlook 2003...
Hello, I am trying to enable the newsgroup reader in Outlook 2003 but I having difficulty. I am running WinXP Pro with service pack 2 installed. I've also installed all required updates for WinXP Pro and Office 2003. I've read the following from Microsoft Office Outlook help: The first time you use the newsreader, you must add the News command to the Go menu. 1.. Add the News command to the Go menu. How? 1.. On the Standard toolbar (toolbar: A bar with buttons and options that you use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, press ALT and then SHIFT+F10.), click the To...

Outlook - Exchange Rule ?
We are currently using Outlook 2000 SP3 with Exchange 2000 Standard SP3 on a W2k SP4 server. To work around the 16 gig limitation of the Information Store, I want to create a rule within Outlook to move emails messages older than 6 months to a user public folder within Exchange. The idea would be similar to the way auto-archiving works except I don't want the email to be archived in a pst file. Through the rules wizard I can move emails to a specific folder based on dates range, but these dates are static. Is there any way to either adjust a rule to work with the current date (i.e. 'al...

dbx files. How to open?
I wanted to look at a dbx file and do not now what programme is associated with it in order to open the file? Blair "bm" <Darroch@aol.com> wrote in message news:%23JTZhB4iKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I wanted to look at a dbx file and do not now what programme is associated with >it in order to open the file? > Blair > http://www.insideoe.com/files/store.htm#userfiles If you want to see/read/save any messages without using OE: http://www.mitec.cz/mailview.html -- Brian A. Sesko Conflicts start where information lacks. http://bas...

Lotus Notes users do not see my Outlook signature correct
My signature looks perfekt in Outlook 2003 and XP versions. But when the signature is received by Notes users, the background pictures are missing and the table text is moved to the right. I have searched IBM web sites and forums for any Best Practices when designing HTML for Lotus Notes, but found no solution to the problem. Has anyone experience with html that are presented correct in Notes ? Thanks -- Jesper Frier www.jesperfrier.com Is there a Lotus notes forum available? They would have the best answer, not an Outlook group. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replie...

Money 2002 no longer opens
I recently reinstalled Windows XP. Instead of installing the entire Works Suite 2002, I only installed a few individual components separately. Money 2002 worked fine for a while, but for the past week or so it refuses to open. Instead I get a window with the following message: "Cannot display the End User License Agreement which must be displayed and accepted before you can use the application. To display the agreement, reinstall the application." I have reinstalled the application several times and I've now uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times as well. ...

copied from web page to excel sheet and cant remove from sheet
copied info from web page and pasted onto excel sheet and cant remove contents copied from excel sheet . seems like it is not directly on the sheet. You copied a picture -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "mitch" <mitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5170B629-1F41-4359-A230-13038AFB1BDB@microsoft.com... > copied info from web page and pasted onto excel sheet and cant remove > contents copied from excel sheet . seems like it is not directly on the > sheet. On 5/4/2010 9:31 AM, mitch wrote: ...

stop excel 2002 from opening a new workbook each time a new spreadsheet is opened
I can not figure out how to just have one instance of excel opened and then open a new spreadsheet and not have it open a new workbook and fill up my start bar with multiple instances of excel Can anyone help me out with this I would like to just be able to open excel and have only one instance of excel in the start bar even if I start a new workbook or open other exsisting workbooks I am using excel 2002 (XP) with windows XP pro Thanks in advance If you have "Windows in Taskbar" selected under Tools, Options, View it may look like multiple instances. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Outlook contact photos (JSF)
When I attempt to add a photo to a contact in Outlook 2003, it takes forever for Outlook to step through the directories for me to find the photo location. This also happens when I attempt to add an attachment, and it seems to only happen in Outlook. Any ideas on this? Thanks in advance Joe Joseph Ferraro, you wrote on Mon, 13 Mar 2006 06:43:38 -0500: > When I attempt to add a photo to a contact in Outlook 2003, it takes forever > for Outlook to step through the directories for me to find the photo > location. This also happens when I attempt to add an attachment, and it...

Authentication failed
I recently canceled my high speed internet and am using a personal WiFi. I am no longer using my comcast. email address, which I would use Outlook to read. I get a pop up that says "Authentication failed for s.newhouse@comcast.net" "The server responded: invalid user name/password". I went into 'tools' and deleted the comcast account and still get the message. How do I make it stop? I am using XP. Thank you! On Wed, 19 May 2010 20:24:01 -0700, MacknKeagsMom <MacknKeagsMom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently canceled my high s...

msvcr80.dll is missing error on Outlook 2007 installation
I am trying to upgrade to Office 2007 from 2003. I was able to download the software and it installed ok except for Outlook. The program opened briefly and I saw my folders had been imported to Outlook 2007 but I was given a message that the file msvcr80.dll was missing and the program stopped running. I was unable to get it to run at all with the same error message each time I tried it. On the initial install, I also got the message that “rtfhtml.dll is missing” as well. I tried installing those two files to windows>system 32 and windows>system directories but it...

Active Directory contacts not showing up in outlook
Hi, i'm having 2 funky issues. A) I'm creating some contacts in the Active Directory tree for my domain, they dont show up in Outlook 2003 when I click on the "From" box no matter what I do. B) That brings me to my second question.. How to I grant people permission to send email as mail enabled contacts as opposed to mailbox enabled users. I know how to grant people permission to send email as mailbox enabled users, thats fairly straight forward. Thanks in advance if anyone knows, its exchange 2003 by the way. -Drew See comments below: "Drew Weaver" &...

Outlook 2003 Startup Problem #2
I'm running Office 2003 on an XP box fully patched. I cannot launch Outlook 2003. Recieve an error: "Failed to start correctly last time...would you like to start in safe mode?" Either YorN response produces an Outlook error "Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close..." The error report looks like this: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: msmapi32.dll ModVer: 11.0.6361.0 ModStamp:40da1177 fDebug: 0 Offset: 00026d3d I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire Office 2003 suite and r...

Impossible add user, authentication error!!!
Good morning all, I've just setup microsoft crm 3.0. When I attempt to add a user, I receive an error "Impossible add user through wizard contact support" how I can resolve? Thanks. ...

Opening folders on incoming mail
When receiving mail stored in designated folders, how do you automatically open the folder. Folders having unread mail should automatically open. Does anyone know how to set this feature up? >When receiving mail stored in designated folders, how do >you automatically open the folder. You don't. Outlook doesn't have that feature. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. ...