Attachments with Mail Merge

I am trying to implement a system using the mail merge
facility of Outlook.  While I can create the text of the
messages OK, and can do all the generation to email or
whatever, I am having problems with attachments to emails.

I want to be able to create a form email letter, then
attach files to all merged emails as they are sent.  There
is no obvious option to do this in the email merge
procedure.

I tried to embed an object of the attached file into the
form letter.  The resulting email did not include the
embedded object.

The next step was to send the same form letter as an
attachment during the mail merge process.  This worked,
however it does not provide the opportunity for a short
messsage to the receiver, without having to double click
on an object.

Any ideas?

Please respond directly, I will not be tracking this forum
closely.

Cheers
Paul

0
paul220 (2)

Mail merge has never supported attachments. You'd need third party software.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Paul Cripwell" <paul@jpcripwell.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to implement a system using the mail merge
> facility of Outlook.  While I can create the text of the
> messages OK, and can do all the generation to email or
> whatever, I am having problems with attachments to emails.
>
> I want to be able to create a form email letter, then
> attach files to all merged emails as they are sent.  There
> is no obvious option to do this in the email merge
> procedure.
>
> I tried to embed an object of the attached file into the
> form letter.  The resulting email did not include the
> embedded object.
>
> The next step was to send the same form letter as an
> attachment during the mail merge process.  This worked,
> however it does not provide the opportunity for a short
> messsage to the receiver, without having to double click
> on an object.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Please respond directly, I will not be tracking this forum
> closely.
>
> Cheers
> Paul

0
russval (3097)

Mailing Lists
I've asked this question before and indeed received an answer..but for me the non-geeky type, it was complete gibberish... How can I create / use mailing lists that will allow me to send out e-mails IN BULK, but each of the recipients will ONLY see their name...and not, at least overtly, know they are part of a mailing list of several... I need some good hearted soul to hold my hand and walk me through the various steps.... feel free to e-mail me ...dstanyon@durhamregion.com Thanks There are a few ways. Here's my favourite but which one will be your favourite depends on your ...

Received attachments all have .TXT
I have been using Outlook 98 under Windows 98SE for several years without problems. I recently bought a new computer. I installed Windows XP Pro and then installed all of my other software, including Outlook 98. Ever since I put Outlook 98 on the new system I have been experiencing a problem I haven't been able to resolve. On every e-mail I receive that has an attachment, the attachment shows up with a .TXT extension regardless of the program that generated it. The orginating program's extension is there (such as .doc or .pdf) but an additional .txt extension is appended...

attachment dowloads
I am using xp and outlook 2003. I am unable to show .jpg or .gif files in the body of the email. Is this a problem with Outlook or with me? Bruce & Marg <bridger61@sympatico.ca> wrote: > I am using xp and outlook 2003. I am unable to show .jpg or .gif > files in the body of the email. Is this a problem with Outlook or > with me? No need to ask more than once. -- Brian Tillman ...

Tracking Attachment File Names #2
Tracking Attachment File Names I posted the following to this group in May last year but didn't get a nibble. I'll try again in the hope that someone has crossed a bridge or two in the mean time: Why is Outlook 2003 so reluctant to expose details of attachments to the user? I would like to be able to search for, view, and print a report that targets the file names of attachments. The attachment file name only appears on a printed message if the message is formatted as plain text. Even then, the file name is only fully displayed if it is not too long to fit in the space allocated. ...

losing attachments
When sending a file-as an attachment to an outlook email-to a client the client gets the e-mail with no attachment. This client is the only person this happens to. Other people with in my workgroup and domain can send to her with out issue. I've checked the firewall, the virus protection software, and the outlook application but can not find anything wrong. For what its worth I am using office 200 on a winxp pro box connecting to the internet on a fractional T1 line. GMW and the recipient is using what mail client? the reason that I ask is that if you are sending in Rich Text Form...

Sending Email from two mail accounts
Hy, pretty newbie question, but here goes. I have two email accounts. Retrieving them both using pop connector to my mailbox. Now, i need to be able to reply to both accounts, but it seems that it will always use the default email address sent on the mailbox propertiers. Is there an option where I can select which "from" mail to choose, like in Outlook (using ISP mail accounts). Cheers Not natively, but you could try this third-party software: http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml -- Regards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer "MiguelA" <MiguelA@discuss...

Making labels using mail merge, only half are printing
Ok I've made some labels using mail merge with excel as the data source and when I try to print one label repeatedly on one page it prints 8 copies no problem. However, when I try to use the multiple pages per sheet I get 4 different labels on the left side and instead of labels on the right side, I get 4 text messages on the other side saying "page setup scan". How can I print 8 different labels on one page ? I'm lost on what to do at this point please help. What label number are you using? Is there more than one label on your publication screen? -- Mary Sauer http...

2 users receive the same e-mail
Hi all ! I just have a "small" problem. I have 250 users in my org. Periodically, one of these users receive an automatic e-mail from one of our customers. What is strange is that another user receives this e-mail too but he isn't present in any field (to, cc, bcc). If I have a look at the logs in System Manager, I can see that this e-mail is sent to User1 but not to User2. In Outlook on the User1 PC there's no rule. I asked my provider and he tell me the same, just one mail is sent to User1. One more thing, this kind of e-mail is sent everyday to User1 but User2 doesn&...

Deleting e-mail attachments
How do I delete attachments from my e-mails in Windows Mail? It's real easy in Lotus Notes. Basically, you don't. One workaround is to click Reply, then resave the = message, but the headers will be changed. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Bernie " <bmpasternack@att.net> wrote in message = news:eA0hK9w8KHA.4600@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How do I delete attachments from my e-mails in Windows Mail? It's = real easy=20 > in Lotus Notes.=20 > You would have to save...

missing e-mails
I have a user who insists he's lost all his e-mail....I think he deleted them.....I am still new to exchange server 2003 and am not quite sure how to retrive them for him. He is running outlook 2003. How do I re-populate his inbox and personal folders from the excg server end? Thanks, George if you have DIR configured, you should be able to assist him recovering the email via Outlook's "recovered deleted items"... "George" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a2c601c44e25$bd5be810$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a user who insis...

attachments won't attach
Since I downloaded SP2, attachments show up as an icon in the body of the email, not below the subject line. When the mail is received there is no attachment. ...

Certain mails going to bad mail folder no error other than 0x80004005
Got SBS with Exchange 2003, ISA 2004 - all updated to latest SP's. Most of our mail has started going to the bad mail folder, initially thought it was something to do with attachments, we also have GFI Mail Essentials, Mail Security and Mail Archiving installed - disabled those to no avail. Most of the mail is ending up in the bad mail folder with a BDR report with the above string in. (I had to re-enable the bad mail folder after the SP update to see what was going on - although that doesnt help). My ISP says their server is relaying everything to ours okay, they have no exchange expe...

Outlook Express Attachments
I can receive attachments and see then on incoming emails, but can't click to open or save. Anyone had this problem? Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329570 OLEXP: Using Virus Protection Features in OLEXP 6 (OE removed access to the unsafe attachments in your email) http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291387 The articles will tell you to go to 'Tools|Options|Security' and remove the checkmark from the fourth box down, the one labeled "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potential...

OWA attachments #6
Hi- We have Exchange 2k3 SP2. When opening an attachment in OWA, a pop up window appears asking for authentication again. This issue doesn't happen if the attachment is a .pdf (it just opens), it only seems to happen w/ Word or Excel docs. Any ideas? Thanks! Hi, pls see this kb http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839948/en-us -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Glen" <Glen@discussions.microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D:0DFF4A5E-5455-4ED9-8531-29C3C8E7FBFD@microsoft.com... > Hi- > > We have Exchange 2k3 SP2. When opening an attachment in OWA, a pop up > window > appears asking ...

Not Receiving mail reply
Hello, I have a problem. Two users can send e-mail from CRMand this process is OK, but the answers from this mail not come to CRM. This mails answers is in exchange but not come to CRM. Any idea that i have to do? Thanks. are you using exchange router and it is CRM 4.0? check the event log on where you have router installed. ------ Aamir Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ Hello my version is 3.0 and I using e-mail router. I will see the event log. Thanks for your help. "Aamir Bashir" wrote: > are you using exchange router and it is CRM 4.0? > check the even...

Sendig e-mails with attachments erros out
Running Office Xp. Whe I try to send a new e-mail with a few Excel attachments to several people I get an error message and can't send the e-mail. I have to copy from the e-mail to a new message then I'm able to send. Nay clue? I have seen this several times and onlyy with Excel as the attachments. Thanks, Jay Gonzalez And what is the error? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Save Embedded Pictures in Their Original Format -Create an Office XP CD slipstrea...

Outloook Attachments
In outlook 2003 I am not able to save an attachment that I made changes to without creating a new name. In older versions I simply saved changes in the file that was attached to the message. The help section says to 1)On the Tools menu, click Options. 2)Click Security. 3)Select the Read-only recommended check box, and then click OK. 4)Click Save. But the check box is not present. Is there a way to make an attached file not read only so I can save changes and keep the changed file attached to the message. ...

Blocked attachments in Outlook XP
How can I configure Outlook XP to report a received attachment as Level 2, not Level 1. That is, I want to decide whether it is safe to accept the attachment, rather than have Outlook automatically delete it. Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "keith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:098001c39df5$32e9d740$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How can I configure Outlook XP to report a received > attachment as Level 2, not Level 1. That is, I want to > decide whether it is safe to accept the attachment, r...

Outlook is deleting incoming mail within seconds
When I recive messages, Outlook automatically deletes the last message. I suppose it is some kind of virus, even though I am using a virus-programme Stefan Are you sure you do not have some kind of filter view set? I ask because if it is only the last item, it may be that if your preview pane is set to mark something as "read" after 5 seconds and if you have a "View" filter to show only unread messages it would appear to "disappear". To check your view settings: Open Outlook Select the Inbox folder Select VIEW from the menu Select CURRENT VIEW Select MESSAGE...

Move the Attach button
When I open a new window and create and e-mail, The Attach file button is next to the send button. There are times that I go to attach a file, and hit the send button by mistake. Does anyone know how to move this attach file button? Version of Outlook? If you can't remove it you can create a rule to hold mail for 1 min before sending - this will give you time to open it from the outbox. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:da...

Sending As Attachment Doesn't Include updates
I have a user who uses publisher 2003 to produce his departments calendar. When he makes a change to this file he saves the file and then sends the file again as an attachment to the appropriate staff via outlook. The problem is The Newly Saved file is not sent. The previous version is sent. To send the recently saved version, he has to close Publisher and then reopen the file to send as an attachment. Is this by Design in publisher or is there a fix for this problem. Thanks for your assistance! ...

Unblock attachments? Help me !!!!
I need step by step ionstructions on how to allow .exe files to come through attachments on my email. These files are sent here to my house by me. I cannot download the progs because Outlook is not letting them through. Please help!! Shaun <wood_brokers@comcast.net> wrote: > I need step by step ionstructions on how to allow .exe > files to come through attachments on my email. These > files are sent here to my house by me. I cannot download > the progs because Outlook is not letting them through. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Insert Attachment to RTF Formatted E-mail
When I insert an attachment to an e-mail formatted in rich text format, Oulook 2002 drops the attachment into the body of the message. But with text and html e-mails, Outlook behaves the way I expect - putting the attachment into a separate field area in the header. I guess this has to be this way? Thanks Yes. That's just the way it is. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Barry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:046601c39ff5$6b53be00$a101280a@phx.gbl... When I insert an attachment to an e-mail formatted in rich text format, Oulook 2002 dr...

Email message with Word or Excel file attached
Hi everyone and thanks for any help you can offer. One of you guys always seems to have the answer I need. I'm running XP Pro and Office 2007. I have my email set up in Outlook so that when I create a new blank message it already has my signature block in the document. When I'm working in Word or Excel and want to send the file I'm working as an email attachment, I go to the MS button, select Send as an attachment and it opens a blank Email message with the file already attached. Great - except the email message does not have my default signature block. Is...

Publisher Newsletter mail merge
We have a news letter that I am trying to mail merge and print through Publisher (2002). It is on tabloid extra paper (11 x 17), so when printing the newsletter there are 4 pages..pages 1 and 4 are on the back and pages 2 and 3 are on the inside. Due to the paper size, we have to print in manual feed. We print the inside first (pages 2 & 3). When we do a "test run" without any mail merge information and print pages 1 & 4, everything works fine. When I add the mail merge information and print, then one page prints correctly, but the next page "swaps" p...