attachments on Outlook Express #2

The attachments on my incoming email are shadowed out and
I can't open them.  How can I get the attachments to open?

0
anonymous (74725)

Here is a link to an article that explains how to disable the security
feature that blocks attachments,
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;329570.

I hope this information is helpful.

Robert Findlay
Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup
Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications

--------------------
>From: "HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Sender: "HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Subject: attachments on Outlook Express
>Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 04:14:13 -0700
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
>
>The attachments on my incoming email are shadowed out and
>I can't open them.  How can I get the attachments to open?

0
RFINDLAY (147)

Averaging #2
I have a column with monthly volumes, but occasionally there will be a day or two were no volume is entered. I need to find the average of the last 4 volumes entered. Please see attachment. The volume for June-05 should be the average of 1692.6, 1532.9, 1761.5 and 1787.9. Is there a formula that will find the most recent 4 volumes and average them. Thanks for any help you can give. :cool: +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Question.pdf | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?posti...

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

Outlook 2003 and RPC
I just converted from Outlook 2002 to 2003 but when I open 2003 it will not connect ot the Exchange Server. It gives me an error saying that RPC is not configured properly. It worked fine under 2002. I am connecting through my local network which is running SBS 2000. Any ideas Found the answer from Diane Poremsky in anoher inquiry Thanks >-----Original Message----- >I just converted from Outlook 2002 to 2003 but when I open >2003 it will not connect ot the Exchange Server. It gives >me an error saying that RPC is not configured properly. >It worked fine under 200...

Printing

receiving mail #2
half my incoming mail goes directtly to the deleted items folder. Why? Thank you. BERNIE <BERNIE75@OPTONLINE.NET> wrote: > half my incoming mail goes directtly to the deleted items folder. > Why? Because you have something in Outlook (a rule, perhaps) telling Outlook to delete the messages or you have a third-party application that is doing it. -- Brian Tillman ...

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

Make Outlook Express default mail server
I have been using Outlook Express and like it fine. I updated virus protection and clicked to have Outlook as my default mail server--not realizing that Outlook and Outlook Express were different. How can I get Outlook Express back as default? -- Kathy Salem, OR Control Panel->Internet Options->Programs tab. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, ktfern asked: | I have bee...

DTS on Exchange 2003 and Out 2002; if I run MSEXTMZ on Exch mailbox server, do I need to run Outlook tool on client?
If I understand correctly, there is an Exchange Time Zone Update tool (MSEXTMZ.exe). I should run this one against the Exchange mailbox servers. If I run the MSEXTMZ.exe too on Exchange, I no longer need to execute the Outlook update tool on my Out 2002 and Out 2003 clients?! From reading the info below, that's my understanding: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930879/ About the Exchange tool After you install the DST updates for Microsoft Windows and for Exchange Server, all old appointments that occur during the DST change periods will be incorrectly displayed as occurring one hour ...

Outlook very very slow
Suddenly Outlook 2000 takes a long time to load and any emails take a very long time to open. I've sent myself test emails with nothing more than a word but I have to wait quite a while before they open. I can't think of anything that changed or might have caused this program to crawl. I uninstalled Outlook and then installed it again but have the same problem. Any ideas? If you have Norton AV there is an acknowledged problem with a recent update Other than that try the repair option David "Celia Falzone" <cfalzone@inu.net> wrote in message news:e8HyC8l1DHA.832...

microsoft outlook -- hang -- freezeing up
my microsoft outlook is hanging up and will not let me access my emails nor will it let me delete or send emails. I have done a system restore and still not fixed.........help.... Terri Need more info... What version of Outlook? Do you get an error? If so, what is it? Do you just get the Outlook Splash screen? Does Outlook ever open? What Operating System (OS) do you use? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61a501c42e14$8bea53b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... my microsoft outlook is hanging up and will not let me access my emails ...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

How to Find the Message that contained The Attachment of a Known File-Name.
Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003 to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name? I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one mailbox. Regards, AndyH If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility server-side. From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though. "AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au&g...

Outlook v7
There seems to be a problem with my Outlookv7 - whenever I retrieve email, they are sent to Junk mail folder, and not the InBox. What could be causing this? Thanks for any insights. Charliec Hard to tell with this level of details. Verify your Junk E-mail settings in; Tools-> Options...-> button Junk E-mail... Also check if you have any rules configured which might cause this; Tools-> Rules and Alerts... If you have a 3rd party Junk Email filter installed, also check the settings for that. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Out...

outlook rules #19
I create & use multiple folders and rules to re- direct/delete email extensively. Since Q2 I've had annoying & recurring instances where by the rules I create are not executed properly. Example: a new rule > send mail from XYZ@com.com > folder A. The first few times this is carried out fine then the mail is sent to the deleted folder. I then create a duplicate rule or edit the rules. I have had as many as 3 duplicate rules, all indicting the same action and still XYZ's mail is deleted. Some rules seem to work and some don't. Are you using the "stop proce...

Connection to Outlook server has been lost
Some users are losing contact with server for several minutes before reconnecting. No data loss in MS apps, but accounting software drops connection with database and is unable to reconnect causing users to reboot PC to reconnect to accounts database. Message : Event 26 Connection to outlook server has been lost. Outlook will restore the connection when possible. Server : SBS 2000 Clients : WinXP running Outlook 2003 ...

Oulook 2000 Blocking Attachments! Reposted
Hi ONG, I am running Ms-Outlook 2000 Service pack 3, on a Windows pro 2000 Service pack 4. Standalone machine. Recently my mail client has been blocking my email attachments, i have received two replies from the newsgroup describing Level1 security in Outlook, also a link to a site containing all the releative information regarding the subject. But no matter what i try Outlook still wont allow the access to the attachment. I created the new Key and the necessary String Value, i have even tried to use the ( . ) character before the file ext, also i have tried it without the ( .) character, no...

attachments do not forward
I want to forward e-mails which come to me with attachments. I want these attachments to forward along with the message and they do not. How can I make this happen? Is there a setting to enable this? ...

MAPILab NNTP for Outlook
Does this program work with Putlook 2007? Is it any good? Does it work as well as Outlook Expess? http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/nntp/ Cheers. ss. I doubt very much if even the Outlook gurus have tried that yet, but you might ask the question in an Outlook newsgroup to see if someone knows: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook.Calendaring news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook.configuration news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook.Contacts news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outl...

Problem with Outlook 2002
I just installed SP3, and now, whenever I start a new message or repply to a message, I get a prompt asking my permission to allow another program to access my Outlook contacts. I use MS Word 2002 as my email editor, and when I disable Word, the annoying Yes/No prompt goes away. But I want to be able to use Word within Outlook without this prompt. Any ideas? Scott <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just installed SP3, and now, whenever I start a new > message or repply to a message, I get a prompt asking my > permission to allow another program to access my...

Editing attachments in Outlook XP
If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in the email? Has anyone ever seen it not save the edits at all? It may be in a secure folder under the Temporary Internet Folder as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296115 "DonnaC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052d01c3be9b$44ebd3a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make > edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in > the email? > Has anyone ever seen it...

Meeting room booking conflicts in Exchange 2000 \ Outlook XP problem #2
Hi, We have a Citrix based Windows 2000 domain, running Exchange 2000 server and Outlook XP client. Meeting rooms are booked in our organistaion through an Outlook calendar (one for each room). This is done in the following way: The user creates a new appointment in Outlook The 'add others' buttons is depressed. Users are invited via the address books 'required' and 'optional' buttons, while the room is selected through the 'resources' buttons. The user pres...

Outlook 97
I need a tip / Utility for a way (registry hack) to set Outlook 97 to automatically empty deleted mail by leaving Outlook 97. I know the EmptyTrash key for Outlook 9.0/10.0, but how it works in Outlook 97?? I haven't used OL97 in a gazillion years, but I know in later versions there's an option to automatically empty the deleted items folder on exit - check in tools | options? Sorry I don't have the program here to check. Thomas Schuy wrote: > I need a tip / Utility for a way (registry hack) to set > Outlook 97 to automatically empty deleted mail by leaving > Outlook 9...

attachments.......
Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. Thanks, Crank down the internal message size limits to a value that makes sense to you. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:03:07 -0500, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I >am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. > > >Thanks, > > ...

Have to scroll to see full list of attachments in Outlook 2007?
A colleague of mine keeps sending me HTML emails in Outlook with multiple attachments, but the full list of attachments does not appear all at once on the screen. There is a scroll bar on the FAR right next to the attachments, and you have to scroll down through the list of attachments to see all of the attachments (I can send a screen shot to better explain this). So for example, if an email has four attachments, I only see the first three on the screen, and then I have to scroll down to see the fourth attachment. This is very confusing as I can easily "miss" an attach...