Attachments and messages remain open.

I have one user experiencing this problem in Outlook 07 Sp1. She'll open an
attachment or an Outlook mail Message saved on the network -- and the first
time she opens it, it'll open fine. Then she closes it by clicking the 'X',
and it's no longer visible. However, then if she tries to open it again,
forward the message, or anyone else tries to open the file on the network --
it claims that she still has the file open.

Any thoughts on the issue causing this?

Thanks

0
CJensen (1)

I cant send messages
Hi I have windows live mail and have recently reformatted the hard drive for an unrelated problem. I connected back onto the net and an receiving emails ok but i cant send any. Here is the error message: The host 'mail.bigpond.com ' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'deal or no deal' Server: 'mail.bigpond.com ' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 11004 I have triple checked the writing in the accounts and cannot see that i have wri...

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

Printing

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

Open a report in a different mdb
If this is possible, how would I do it using "DoCmd.OpenReport"? Dim appAccess As Access.Application Set appAccess = New Access.Application appAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase "C:\Folder\File.mdb" appAccess.DoCmd.OpenReport "NameOfReport" Once you're done with the report, you need appAccess.CloseCurrentDatabase appAccess.Quit Set appAccess = Nothing -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JimP" <j_pockmire@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ZeGdnVeYY9Vbz...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

Oulook 2000 Blocking Attachments! Reposted
Hi ONG, I am running Ms-Outlook 2000 Service pack 3, on a Windows pro 2000 Service pack 4. Standalone machine. Recently my mail client has been blocking my email attachments, i have received two replies from the newsgroup describing Level1 security in Outlook, also a link to a site containing all the releative information regarding the subject. But no matter what i try Outlook still wont allow the access to the attachment. I created the new Key and the necessary String Value, i have even tried to use the ( . ) character before the file ext, also i have tried it without the ( .) character, no...

Disabling dialog key messages
I have a MFC app with a window included in a frame, used for displaying a DirectX9 window. I'd like,when the user focuses on the Dx9 window, using keys for whatever,to prevent dialog boxes belonging to the app. from retrieving those events.And to enable it once the user focuses no more on the DX9 window but on the main app where the MFC dialog boex and whatever are. What can I do for that? ...

How to Find the Message that contained The Attachment of a Known File-Name.
Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003 to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name? I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one mailbox. Regards, AndyH If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility server-side. From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though. "AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au&g...

opening a Microsoft PowerPoint Slideshow
my 2003 Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer will open the slides but will not access the music. how do i access the music? How did you receive the PowerPoint presentation? Via email? Perhaps the person sending the presentation to you did not embed the music. The creator of the presentation must make sure that audio file is a .wav in order to embed it in your ppt. Sandy "robert" wrote: > my 2003 Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer will open the slides but will not access > the music. how do i access the music? ...

attachments do not forward
I want to forward e-mails which come to me with attachments. I want these attachments to forward along with the message and they do not. How can I make this happen? Is there a setting to enable this? ...

Workbooks.open is not working
Hi, can anyone open my eyes on this strange problem: I need to open a workbook on the fly to be able to read data from it via VBA. This piece of code is working while on a button called via click: Sub Schaltfl=E4che2_KlickenSieAuf() Workbooks.Open ("C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\name\Desktop \Prototyp fuer Michael\Test2.xlsm") End Sub This piece is NOT working in a VBA module called with the formula update in a cell : Public Function Dateiopen() Dim temp As Workbook Set temp =3D Workbooks.Open("C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\name \Desktop\...

Editing attachments in Outlook XP
If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in the email? Has anyone ever seen it not save the edits at all? It may be in a secure folder under the Temporary Internet Folder as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296115 "DonnaC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052d01c3be9b$44ebd3a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make > edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in > the email? > Has anyone ever seen it...

Outlook 2003 deleting messages from server but not delivering them
I just started using Outlook 2003 and am experiencing several issues that MS Support (naturally) claims to be the responsibility of my POP server or the ISP. Since I host my own mail server using ADSL, there is no ISP. The application is called Vpop3 and I've been using it for years with no problems, such as described below. Support refused to provide me with ANY evidence to substantiate their assertion and simply said, "we have internal technotes" and "I checked with senior techs...they all say the problems your having are because of a protocol issue with your mail server&...

download images at the open of an .xls sheet
Hello to all (I apologize for my english, but I am italian). I have a question. Well ... I have a .xls sheet (a price-list) in which the various rows are description of items. Then description in in colum C are the description of the items and in the colum D there are the images. line). I want to make sure that when I open the xls sheet, instead of figures, that I have change with an hyperlink (for example www.ditta.it/fig.54), automatically is connected to the Internet and it appear relative picture in the cell. Or instead of connecting to the internet, it find the picture in a dicre...

attachments.......
Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. Thanks, Crank down the internal message size limits to a value that makes sense to you. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:03:07 -0500, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I >am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. > > >Thanks, > > ...

Have to scroll to see full list of attachments in Outlook 2007?
A colleague of mine keeps sending me HTML emails in Outlook with multiple attachments, but the full list of attachments does not appear all at once on the screen. There is a scroll bar on the FAR right next to the attachments, and you have to scroll down through the list of attachments to see all of the attachments (I can send a screen shot to better explain this). So for example, if an email has four attachments, I only see the first three on the screen, and then I have to scroll down to see the fourth attachment. This is very confusing as I can easily "miss" an attach...

Closing workbook open as CSV
I open a CSV file in Excel, Copy two columns of data, paste the data into another workbook and then I want to cloes the CSV file without getting a prompt about saving the data to the clipboard. I am using Application.ActiveWindow.Close (False) to close the file but I'm still getting the prompt to save the data. Is there another command I should use? Thanks, Sam First, I don't go through the Windows collection. I just close the workbook. Dim CSVWkbk as workbook 'other code here 'open the csv file Workbooks.Open Filename:="somepath\somename.csv&quo...

print out messages with list of attachments
Hello there, when printing out a message/email in full, how do I get outlook t print the list of attachments? Cheers, Wi ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com found it in the newsgroups :-) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821840 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Autoarchive folders remain connected
In previous version of outlook when the autoarchive was done the archive folder was automaticly removed when the archive completed. Now when autoarchive run, and this is under Outlook 2003, the archive folder remain. Is there a way to set the same behavior as before or do we have to live with the archive folders showing? MAM <MAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In previous version of outlook when the autoarchive was done the > archive folder was automaticly removed when the archive completed. > Now when autoarchive run, and this is under Outlook 2003, the archive > ...

remove attachment on reply
Some how I have set my outlook to save the replying email as an atachment and I would prefer it just be in the text form like before. Apparently I changed something or hit something that did this and I wold like to fix it. To delete attachments from messages in Outlook: Double-click on the desired message to open it in its own window. Click on the attachment you want to remove with the right mouse button. Select Remove from the menu. Close the message window. Click OK in the Do you want to save changes? dialog. calender, items, reaccuring, wrote: >Some how I have set my...

.xls attachment
Hi, can anyone help me? I'm quite new to the whole computer/techno life and have been trying for over 2 hours to find what I want! A friend has sent an e-mail with an attachment which has a .xls file extension. However I try, I am unable to open the attachment. I've downloaded various software at 'my machine's' recommendation including a works conversion thing for Word but still no luck. I hope it's something really simple which can be sorted by someone with a bit of a clue but I'm starting to get tied up in knots. I wouldn't mind but the attachment soun...

Message stuck in Outbox #13
Hi There, Outlook 2003 - Win XP Pro SP2 - POP3 email only We have messages getting stuck in the Outbox and the recipient is getting them like 30 times. This seems to be happening only with messages with attachments. We have tried SCNPST and the behavior is still there. We also renamed the pst, created a new one then imported all items same results. Antivirus and AntiSpyware report no problems. Any ideas what to try next? Thank you, Bob "Robert Serna" <bob_oso@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:een$t3yuGHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi There, > > Outlook...

Possible Bug in Sales Open Order Report
In Sales Open Order Report (SOP), an order (ORD) that was partially shipped and the remaining qty actually cancelled will still appear in the report with a « Qty Remaining » (to ship) equal to zero (0), until it is voided or deleted. If “Qty Remaining” (to ship) equal zero, then it should not appear in that report and should not require to be voided or deleted. ...