Attachment Size #2

Hi !

Is it possible to block the adding of attachments in an=20
outlook client ? Or block the adding for attachments that=20
are bigger than 2 MB for example ? Can i get an error=20
Message or something ? (I think about an GPO or Registry=20
change or something else....)

I have Users around here with Pop3 Outlook 2000 and=20
Outlook 2003 Clients. The Problem is that some of them are=20
trying to send Mails with Attachments with 300 (three=20
hundred!!) MB or something else like that.... Because they=20
don=B4t look an the size of their attachments.

So the Mail is going through our WAN over 64kb Lines to=20
the Mailserver (Exchange2000) an then it go back to the=20
User=B4s Workstation or Laptop with the Message on it that=20
it=B4s too big....

I want to stop that on the Client directly if possible to=20
save time (cause it lasts very long to transfer forth and=20
back), space (on the mailbox/mailserver) and my nerves=20
(cause i explained them 1000 times to look at the size)...

Any assistance is very wellcome

Light
..

0
anonymous (74722)

Sending and Receiving Error #2
About 70% of the time when Outlook 2000 is initially opened an error message (0x80042108) comes up saying can't connect to POP server. If you close a few times and reopen then you connect. Very Irritating. By the way I do not have Norton installed. And it happens both at my office and home computers which both used the same Outlook disk for install. ...

Averaging #2
I have a column with monthly volumes, but occasionally there will be a day or two were no volume is entered. I need to find the average of the last 4 volumes entered. Please see attachment. The volume for June-05 should be the average of 1692.6, 1532.9, 1761.5 and 1787.9. Is there a formula that will find the most recent 4 volumes and average them. Thanks for any help you can give. :cool: +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Question.pdf | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?posti...

Template auto adjust when content size change
Hi, can I draw up a template and insert a graphic in excel whereby when the graphic size is changed, the template will auto adjust for print out in A4 paper ? If no, any idea which MS software should I be using ? ...

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

Is it possible to create and publish Outlook Custom Form through VBA #2
Hi All, I have created COM-Addin for Outlook in VB. But there are lot of limitations in VBScript like to handle all events(other than click event) of controls(ListView,Textbox) on outlook custom form. Can we handle these events using VBA so that i can distribute that application? Or Is it possible to create and publish that form through VB.? Thanks, You can certainly create your own VB forms that will give you a full set of events but you cannot extend the events that you receive in a form's controls from an addin. You would still only get Click and that would be fired in the VBScrip...

Printing

dialog size varies
It seems that my dialog scales with the fontsize setting for the desktop. Is it possible to keep it a consistent size? ...

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

Size Matters
I hope this got your attention. ;-) I do not have any SIZE restrictions on either my MTA or my IMC yet email over a certain SIZE does not go thru. Testing reveals that only email under 3MB goes through. (This is Outlook size, which has a smaller MB footprint when compared to the size at the destination email addresses). Where is the SIZE limit set or is this being filtered by my ISP? What is the "normal" SIZE? Mail (not male) SIZE that is. Another annoying phenomena is that I do not receive an NDR when a large email goes out. It just goes into "La LA Land" On o...

Year-old graphs in Excel #2
Hi, I'm trying to view some graphs that were made in Excel a year ago. When I open a file, it's like looking at a blank page. The correct names are on the tabs, but the sheet is completely white. Any suggestions? Denise - That's what charts look like that don't have any data ranges assigned. Click on Source Data on the Chart menu. Is anything indicated there? Click on the series tabs. Are there any series in the list? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Denise wrote: &...

receiving mail #2
half my incoming mail goes directtly to the deleted items folder. Why? Thank you. BERNIE <BERNIE75@OPTONLINE.NET> wrote: > half my incoming mail goes directtly to the deleted items folder. > Why? Because you have something in Outlook (a rule, perhaps) telling Outlook to delete the messages or you have a third-party application that is doing it. -- Brian Tillman ...

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

add multiple labels sizes to word as an new producer
Hi all, is there a way to add multiple labelformats to word. Its easy to add 1 new size but if you have 200 sizes and want to add this to word and make is distributable then it is not working. for word 97 and word 2000 this was not a problem We did it by regfile editing see below: is there a way to add multiple label sizes to word 2007 ? for example by using database or xml... reagards, Geert REGEDIT4 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Word\Custom Labels] "costum 0102"=hex:1d,03,56,00,00,00,6d,00,57,00,6b,08,00,00,b2,04,00,00,37,02,\ 00,0...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

Oulook 2000 Blocking Attachments! Reposted
Hi ONG, I am running Ms-Outlook 2000 Service pack 3, on a Windows pro 2000 Service pack 4. Standalone machine. Recently my mail client has been blocking my email attachments, i have received two replies from the newsgroup describing Level1 security in Outlook, also a link to a site containing all the releative information regarding the subject. But no matter what i try Outlook still wont allow the access to the attachment. I created the new Key and the necessary String Value, i have even tried to use the ( . ) character before the file ext, also i have tried it without the ( .) character, no...

How to Find the Message that contained The Attachment of a Known File-Name.
Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003 to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name? I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one mailbox. Regards, AndyH If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility server-side. From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though. "AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au&g...

attachments do not forward
I want to forward e-mails which come to me with attachments. I want these attachments to forward along with the message and they do not. How can I make this happen? Is there a setting to enable this? ...

Meeting room booking conflicts in Exchange 2000 \ Outlook XP problem #2
Hi, We have a Citrix based Windows 2000 domain, running Exchange 2000 server and Outlook XP client. Meeting rooms are booked in our organistaion through an Outlook calendar (one for each room). This is done in the following way: The user creates a new appointment in Outlook The 'add others' buttons is depressed. Users are invited via the address books 'required' and 'optional' buttons, while the room is selected through the 'resources' buttons. The user pres...

Editing attachments in Outlook XP
If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in the email? Has anyone ever seen it not save the edits at all? It may be in a secure folder under the Temporary Internet Folder as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296115 "DonnaC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052d01c3be9b$44ebd3a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make > edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in > the email? > Has anyone ever seen it...

attachments.......
Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. Thanks, Crank down the internal message size limits to a value that makes sense to you. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:03:07 -0500, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I >am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. > > >Thanks, > > ...

How to hide form from grid 2 to 4
I have a form that I’m using as main form menu, I need three different portions to be able to hide and view. I know how to hide acDetail section, Heared or footer but do not know how to hide a potion of the form only, i.e.: on detail section hide form from grid 2 to 4. Any help, tip or comment is greatly appreciated, Adnan hi Adnan, Adnan wrote: > I have a form that I’m using as main form menu, I need three different > portions to be able to hide and view. I know how to hide acDetail section, > Heared or footer but do not know how to hide a potion of the form only, i.e.: >...

Have to scroll to see full list of attachments in Outlook 2007?
A colleague of mine keeps sending me HTML emails in Outlook with multiple attachments, but the full list of attachments does not appear all at once on the screen. There is a scroll bar on the FAR right next to the attachments, and you have to scroll down through the list of attachments to see all of the attachments (I can send a screen shot to better explain this). So for example, if an email has four attachments, I only see the first three on the screen, and then I have to scroll down to see the fourth attachment. This is very confusing as I can easily "miss" an attach...

print out messages with list of attachments
Hello there, when printing out a message/email in full, how do I get outlook t print the list of attachments? Cheers, Wi ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com found it in the newsgroups :-) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821840 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

remove attachment on reply
Some how I have set my outlook to save the replying email as an atachment and I would prefer it just be in the text form like before. Apparently I changed something or hit something that did this and I wold like to fix it. To delete attachments from messages in Outlook: Double-click on the desired message to open it in its own window. Click on the attachment you want to remove with the right mouse button. Select Remove from the menu. Close the message window. Click OK in the Do you want to save changes? dialog. calender, items, reaccuring, wrote: >Some how I have set my...

.xls attachment
Hi, can anyone help me? I'm quite new to the whole computer/techno life and have been trying for over 2 hours to find what I want! A friend has sent an e-mail with an attachment which has a .xls file extension. However I try, I am unable to open the attachment. I've downloaded various software at 'my machine's' recommendation including a works conversion thing for Word but still no luck. I hope it's something really simple which can be sorted by someone with a bit of a clue but I'm starting to get tied up in knots. I wouldn't mind but the attachment soun...