attachment question #2

Hi every1...
just had a question about attachments in outlook 2000
when i attach a file is it possible to have this msg appear in each
email that has a attachment? the msg is (See attached file:
filename.ext)
my friend using lotus notes has it generated automatically.. just
wondering if outlook had this option.

Thanks for your help

~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/
~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/

any 1? ;)

~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/
~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/

Sending and Receiving Error #2
About 70% of the time when Outlook 2000 is initially opened an error message (0x80042108) comes up saying can't connect to POP server. If you close a few times and reopen then you connect. Very Irritating. By the way I do not have Norton installed. And it happens both at my office and home computers which both used the same Outlook disk for install. ...

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

Averaging #2
I have a column with monthly volumes, but occasionally there will be a day or two were no volume is entered. I need to find the average of the last 4 volumes entered. Please see attachment. The volume for June-05 should be the average of 1692.6, 1532.9, 1761.5 and 1787.9. Is there a formula that will find the most recent 4 volumes and average them. Thanks for any help you can give. :cool: +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Question.pdf | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?posti...

Printing

Questions before deploying the crm 1.2 system
Hello! We have been reviewing the documentation before deploying the MS CRM 1.2. We have a couple of oquestions: 1. When we install the crm will the CRM installation upgrade or in any way modify the Active directory schema? 2. Why are the Exchange router installed? 3. How many users can you run on a single CRM server? (I know that it is dependent on the HW) an example would be nice! Regards Niclas Lundstrom, Product Manager ...

how to chart question
Hi. I have some data about failures. the log file is like this (but really much longer): app1 03/04/2006 08:51 app2 03/04/2006 09:42 app1 03/04/2006 18:33 app3 03/05/2006 00:14 app1 03/05/2006 00:21 app2 03/05/2006 01:52 app1 03/06/2006 02:51 app3 03/06/2006 08:54 I would like to create some charts but don't know how. ex: app 3/4 3/5 3/6 app1 x x x app2 x app3 x ========================================= can someone point me in the correct direction? I'm guessing I'll have to group the data somehow. I have lots of data, so I...

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

receiving mail #2
half my incoming mail goes directtly to the deleted items folder. Why? Thank you. BERNIE <BERNIE75@OPTONLINE.NET> wrote: > half my incoming mail goes directtly to the deleted items folder. > Why? Because you have something in Outlook (a rule, perhaps) telling Outlook to delete the messages or you have a third-party application that is doing it. -- Brian Tillman ...

Year-old graphs in Excel #2
Hi, I'm trying to view some graphs that were made in Excel a year ago. When I open a file, it's like looking at a blank page. The correct names are on the tabs, but the sheet is completely white. Any suggestions? Denise - That's what charts look like that don't have any data ranges assigned. Click on Source Data on the Chart menu. Is anything indicated there? Click on the series tabs. Are there any series in the list? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Denise wrote: &...

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

Newbie question with Excel Hyperlinks
I know you can hyperlink to an image, but is there a way to change the software that opens the image.? Thanks in advance -- Greg Eshleman ETEMCO 1370 Arcadia Rd Lancaster, PA 17601 717-393-9653 EXT. 15 717-299-9430 FAX On Sep 12, 2:46 pm, "GE" <geshlema at etemco dot net> wrote: > I know you can hyperlink to an image, but is there a way to change the > software that opens the image.? > > Thanks in advance > > -- > Greg Eshleman > ETEMCO > 1370 Arcadia Rd > Lancaster, PA 17601 > 717-393-9653 EXT. 15 > 717-299-9430 FAX I think you wou...

Data Type Question
I have two table tbl_Repairers and tbl_Job_Details related on a one to many on RepairerID field. tbl_Repairers RepairerID - Autonumber - Primary Key RepName - Text tbl_Job_Details RepairerID - Number - LookUp on RepName. <Other Fields> When I set up a query using the RepairerID field from the tbl_Job_Details, the values in the field show as text but if I want to run a query on one repairer e.g. "AT" then I get a data mismatch. If the criteria is entered as '1' then I get the results I want. How can I adjust the query such that if I want to see al...

Oulook 2000 Blocking Attachments! Reposted
Hi ONG, I am running Ms-Outlook 2000 Service pack 3, on a Windows pro 2000 Service pack 4. Standalone machine. Recently my mail client has been blocking my email attachments, i have received two replies from the newsgroup describing Level1 security in Outlook, also a link to a site containing all the releative information regarding the subject. But no matter what i try Outlook still wont allow the access to the attachment. I created the new Key and the necessary String Value, i have even tried to use the ( . ) character before the file ext, also i have tried it without the ( .) character, no...

directory structure xsl transformation question
I really have 2 questions regarding the following xml snippet. The xml is a directory representation. <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?> <FileSystem> <Row> <ID>1</ID> <Name>Root</Name> <Directory>Root</Directory> <Dir>true</Dir> <ParentID>0</ParentID> </Row> <Row> <ID>2</ID> <Name>c:\temp\boot\windowsapplication1\bin</Name> <Directory>c:\temp\boot\windowsapplication1\bin</Directory> <Dir>true<...

How to Find the Message that contained The Attachment of a Known File-Name.
Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003 to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name? I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one mailbox. Regards, AndyH If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility server-side. From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though. "AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au&g...

attachments do not forward
I want to forward e-mails which come to me with attachments. I want these attachments to forward along with the message and they do not. How can I make this happen? Is there a setting to enable this? ...

Meeting room booking conflicts in Exchange 2000 \ Outlook XP problem #2
Hi, We have a Citrix based Windows 2000 domain, running Exchange 2000 server and Outlook XP client. Meeting rooms are booked in our organistaion through an Outlook calendar (one for each room). This is done in the following way: The user creates a new appointment in Outlook The 'add others' buttons is depressed. Users are invited via the address books 'required' and 'optional' buttons, while the room is selected through the 'resources' buttons. The user pres...

Editing attachments in Outlook XP
If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in the email? Has anyone ever seen it not save the edits at all? It may be in a secure folder under the Temporary Internet Folder as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296115 "DonnaC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052d01c3be9b$44ebd3a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make > edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in > the email? > Has anyone ever seen it...

Million Dollar Question, How to Recover oversized PST
I know this has been answered many a times, but can anyone help me retrive my mails from Outlook 2000 which is there in a oversized PST (2.06 GB)Please help me, i have tried repairing and opening it in Outlook 2003 and also importing to a new pst. nothing works. Thanks in advance Swaroop There is some information here http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm with links to a crop tool, be warned though that data will be lost "Swaroop" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a25c01c44e12$9bd26010$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I know this has been ...

attachments.......
Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. Thanks, Crank down the internal message size limits to a value that makes sense to you. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:03:07 -0500, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I >am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. > > >Thanks, > > ...

Newbie Multiple domain Question
Current setup: @abc.com domain A @efg.com domain B Domain A has a two-way trasitive trust with Domain B Domain A and B have tree root level trust Domain A has all the exchange servers Domain B will use Domains A's exchange mailstore Domain B can create users and specify what servers mailstore there mailbox will reside in; however when looking at that mailstore after a user has been created users mailbox does not exsist. Any suggestions on where to start? Thanks, T On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:17:01 -0700, Tony <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Current setup: >@abc.com d...

Have to scroll to see full list of attachments in Outlook 2007?
A colleague of mine keeps sending me HTML emails in Outlook with multiple attachments, but the full list of attachments does not appear all at once on the screen. There is a scroll bar on the FAR right next to the attachments, and you have to scroll down through the list of attachments to see all of the attachments (I can send a screen shot to better explain this). So for example, if an email has four attachments, I only see the first three on the screen, and then I have to scroll down to see the fourth attachment. This is very confusing as I can easily "miss" an attach...

Newbie questions
Hi there After many years of using Outlook express I am locking at moving over to Outlook. What I am about to ask has probable been asked a thousand times on the group, but I'm new here so I'm sorry. I am using Outlook 2000 I have run Outlook for the first time and said yes to the default directory where the files are held, thinking that I would be able to change it after like in express, but I can't see how, where or how do I change this directory? I have a main pc and a notebook, don't know if this can be done but can I sync the data between the 2 systems? If ...

vlookup question #3
My wife owns a t-shirt company and I'm trying to help her write a spreadsheet that will calculate price per shirt printed using a vlookup formula. The table has 10 rows of quantities in the left column and 6 colums of colors 1-6 across the top row. As long as I only use one vlookup (for a one sided print job) it works perfectly. Where I'm getting stuck is when I try to add a second vlookup for the number of colors to be printed on the back of each shirt. As long as I have a quantity of 1 to 6 it works fine. It's when the value is 0 or blank that something is going very wrong. Th...