Attachment problems #2

When someone in our office sends an e-mail from their Mac
with an attachment(e.g. a jpeg file) those of us with PC's
can't open it.  However, if one of us with a PC can access
the file, we can attach the file and send to everyone (and
they can open it).  What's going on?
0
anonymous (74717)

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

Averaging #2
I have a column with monthly volumes, but occasionally there will be a day or two were no volume is entered. I need to find the average of the last 4 volumes entered. Please see attachment. The volume for June-05 should be the average of 1692.6, 1532.9, 1761.5 and 1787.9. Is there a formula that will find the most recent 4 volumes and average them. Thanks for any help you can give. :cool: +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Question.pdf | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?posti...

Is it possible to create and publish Outlook Custom Form through VBA #2
Hi All, I have created COM-Addin for Outlook in VB. But there are lot of limitations in VBScript like to handle all events(other than click event) of controls(ListView,Textbox) on outlook custom form. Can we handle these events using VBA so that i can distribute that application? Or Is it possible to create and publish that form through VB.? Thanks, You can certainly create your own VB forms that will give you a full set of events but you cannot extend the events that you receive in a form's controls from an addin. You would still only get Click and that would be fired in the VBScrip...

screen resolution => vertical graph title problems
Hi, I have faced a problem caused by screen resolution. I have compaq n 7010, which has a screen 1280x800 pixels. This resolution makes me problems with the vertical axes titles i excel graphs, it just cut off the last part of the title. If I chang the screen resolution to 1024x768 the problem is fixed but this is no appropriate resolution that is why it is impossible to work with it. I will be grateful if anyone has a solution for the mentioned problem. bartel -- bartel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bartelj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.c...

Printing

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

exchange 5.5 problem #7
i have a client with a mid-sized exchange 5.5 setup. ive pushed forever to upgrade to no avail. so 5.5 is what im stuck with here. problem is lately the outgoing queue will have upwards of 50,000 messages in it, all originating from foreign ip addresses. it seems no matter what we do we cant get this server to stop acting as an open relay... any suggestions? On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:46:39 GMT, <jjd228@NOSPAMoptonline.net> wrote: >i have a client with a mid-sized exchange 5.5 setup. ive pushed forever to >upgrade to no avail. so 5.5 is what im stuck with here. problem is late...

receiving mail #2
half my incoming mail goes directtly to the deleted items folder. Why? Thank you. BERNIE <BERNIE75@OPTONLINE.NET> wrote: > half my incoming mail goes directtly to the deleted items folder. > Why? Because you have something in Outlook (a rule, perhaps) telling Outlook to delete the messages or you have a third-party application that is doing it. -- Brian Tillman ...

Year-old graphs in Excel #2
Hi, I'm trying to view some graphs that were made in Excel a year ago. When I open a file, it's like looking at a blank page. The correct names are on the tabs, but the sheet is completely white. Any suggestions? Denise - That's what charts look like that don't have any data ranges assigned. Click on Source Data on the Chart menu. Is anything indicated there? Click on the series tabs. Are there any series in the list? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Denise wrote: &...

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

Outlook v7
There seems to be a problem with my Outlookv7 - whenever I retrieve email, they are sent to Junk mail folder, and not the InBox. What could be causing this? Thanks for any insights. Charliec Hard to tell with this level of details. Verify your Junk E-mail settings in; Tools-> Options...-> button Junk E-mail... Also check if you have any rules configured which might cause this; Tools-> Rules and Alerts... If you have a 3rd party Junk Email filter installed, also check the settings for that. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Out...

resizing problem with group boxes
hi, i have a dialog based application that has group box controls in it. the group box controls have edit boxes in them. the problem is that when i resize the dialog box, i also resize the group box and all the edit boxes within it. the resizing takes place fine. however the edit controls in the group box get resized twice once with the group box and the next time when done for each edit control. this is causing unnecessary flickering. can any of u guys give me some solutions? regards, kevin You are suggesting that Group Box controls have edit controls "in them". This relationship...

How to Find the Message that contained The Attachment of a Known File-Name.
Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003 to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name? I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one mailbox. Regards, AndyH If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility server-side. From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though. "AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au&g...

Problem with TLS (smtp) on E2k3.
Our server smtp logs shows an incoming connection from a site with just STARTTLS (cs-method) and 220 (sc-status)... It seems a few such sites can't send email to us because of the TLS configuration. I've searched around and can't find any reference to sharing the smtp config to allow both normal smtp and TLS (secure) email connection. Any advice will be appreciated... rgds, - ron Oh yes, also, it shows a 503 status after the 220 status... "Ronnie Corny" <ronniecorny@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23TklBN4VGHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Our server ...

Oulook 2000 Blocking Attachments! Reposted
Hi ONG, I am running Ms-Outlook 2000 Service pack 3, on a Windows pro 2000 Service pack 4. Standalone machine. Recently my mail client has been blocking my email attachments, i have received two replies from the newsgroup describing Level1 security in Outlook, also a link to a site containing all the releative information regarding the subject. But no matter what i try Outlook still wont allow the access to the attachment. I created the new Key and the necessary String Value, i have even tried to use the ( . ) character before the file ext, also i have tried it without the ( .) character, no...

attachments do not forward
I want to forward e-mails which come to me with attachments. I want these attachments to forward along with the message and they do not. How can I make this happen? Is there a setting to enable this? ...

Problem with Outlook 2002
I just installed SP3, and now, whenever I start a new message or repply to a message, I get a prompt asking my permission to allow another program to access my Outlook contacts. I use MS Word 2002 as my email editor, and when I disable Word, the annoying Yes/No prompt goes away. But I want to be able to use Word within Outlook without this prompt. Any ideas? Scott <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just installed SP3, and now, whenever I start a new > message or repply to a message, I get a prompt asking my > permission to allow another program to access my...

Add-in problem
On trying to create the first email message each time after starting Outlook 2007, I get the following message: The Add-inn "FaxExtension" (C:\Windows\System32\fxsext32.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in. After clicking the OK button on the messsage everything works fine. I have looked at the Add-ins in Outllook (Tools>Trust Center>Add-ins) but don't see this add-in, nor can I find the fxsext32.dll in the System32 folder. I had tried ...

Editing attachments in Outlook XP
If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in the email? Has anyone ever seen it not save the edits at all? It may be in a secure folder under the Temporary Internet Folder as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296115 "DonnaC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052d01c3be9b$44ebd3a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make > edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in > the email? > Has anyone ever seen it...

Meeting room booking conflicts in Exchange 2000 \ Outlook XP problem #2
Hi, We have a Citrix based Windows 2000 domain, running Exchange 2000 server and Outlook XP client. Meeting rooms are booked in our organistaion through an Outlook calendar (one for each room). This is done in the following way: The user creates a new appointment in Outlook The 'add others' buttons is depressed. Users are invited via the address books 'required' and 'optional' buttons, while the room is selected through the 'resources' buttons. The user pres...

Hyperlink Problems
When clicking on a hyperlink, the following error message appears: "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." This is a stand alone pc operating xp - no system administrator. Help! ...

highlight cells in 2 columns that don't match cells in 2 other columns
Hello, I need to update my department's building and room # spreadsheet to match another department's building and room # spreadsheet. The other department's data is considered the correct one. I've merged the data from both spreadsheets into one containing four columns. I would like compare my data in columns 1 & 2 (shown below) to the correct data in columns 3 & 4 and highlight cells in columns 1 & 2 that don't match any of the cells in columns 3 & 4. Using the example below, two sets of cells should be highlighted in columns 1 & 2 because they do...

attachments.......
Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. Thanks, Crank down the internal message size limits to a value that makes sense to you. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:03:07 -0500, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I >am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. > > >Thanks, > > ...

Have to scroll to see full list of attachments in Outlook 2007?
A colleague of mine keeps sending me HTML emails in Outlook with multiple attachments, but the full list of attachments does not appear all at once on the screen. There is a scroll bar on the FAR right next to the attachments, and you have to scroll down through the list of attachments to see all of the attachments (I can send a screen shot to better explain this). So for example, if an email has four attachments, I only see the first three on the screen, and then I have to scroll down to see the fourth attachment. This is very confusing as I can easily "miss" an attach...