attachment help

Hi,

1) How do I unblock attchments in outlook 2003? I think
its  aregistry setting somewhere. I would like to add a
few file formats to the list of safe files.

2) I have a lot of folders and subfolders where I
organise my email in outlook. I would like to stop
outlook opening these folders every time I have a new
message in them? Any ideas would help.

Thanks

Rad
..

0
anonymous (74717)

Stop posting the same message around all the newsgroups over and over again.
This is not a chat!
Also posting to all the newsgroups one by one is not a nice thing to do.
Simply address you posting to more then one newsgroup if relevant.

Your question is answered in the outlook.general newsgroup

--
Roady [MVP]
www.sparnaaij.net
"rad1" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> 1) How do I unblock attchments in outlook 2003? I think
> its  aregistry setting somewhere. I would like to add a
> few file formats to the list of safe files.
>
> 2) I have a lot of folders and subfolders where I
> organise my email in outlook. I would like to stop
> outlook opening these folders every time I have a new
> message in them? Any ideas would help.
>
> Thanks
>
> Rad
> .

0
Roady

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

Printing

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

Help #6
I don't have publisher but someone send me a pub file Someone could translate this file in an other extension? Thank you Send it to me, I will convert it to PDF or if you need to edit the file, I will convert it to Word, but you will lose the formatting. The choice is yours. gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Niclaus" <MNiclaus@hotmail.fr> wrote in message news:OBG7Byd7FHA.472@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I don't have publisher but someone send me a pub file &...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

How to Find the Message that contained The Attachment of a Known File-Name.
Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003 to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name? I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one mailbox. Regards, AndyH If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility server-side. From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though. "AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au&g...

Excel Help #9
I have Office 2003 including Excel. I click on Help and search for "pivot" (I want help on creating a pivot table) and one of the matches is "Creating and Formatting a Pivot Table" but when I click on that it opens or downloads a file (type *.cbl) which appears to be some type of INI file. How do I actually get help? Wayne Wayne I have Excel 2003 with Office 2003 Professional Edition. When I type "pivot" in Help, I get 30 returns.......none of which are "Creating and Formatting a Pivot Table". Same edition? Some intermediate step I missed? Gord ...

Oulook 2000 Blocking Attachments! Reposted
Hi ONG, I am running Ms-Outlook 2000 Service pack 3, on a Windows pro 2000 Service pack 4. Standalone machine. Recently my mail client has been blocking my email attachments, i have received two replies from the newsgroup describing Level1 security in Outlook, also a link to a site containing all the releative information regarding the subject. But no matter what i try Outlook still wont allow the access to the attachment. I created the new Key and the necessary String Value, i have even tried to use the ( . ) character before the file ext, also i have tried it without the ( .) character, no...

attachments do not forward
I want to forward e-mails which come to me with attachments. I want these attachments to forward along with the message and they do not. How can I make this happen? Is there a setting to enable this? ...

Access 2003
I maintain an equipment inventory database in Access 2003 with just a handful of tables and several regular queries. Each piece of equipment has a unique 6-digit asset tag, and that field is the primary key. No two records can have the same asset tag. Periodically equipment gets replaced, and I am looking for a way to do the following when replacing multiple pieces of equipment. 1. Multiple asset tags would be entered into a form or table. Their corresponding records would be found in TABLE-1 2. Certain fields of the records found would be appended to TABLE-2 showing them as having been repla...

HELP
When i'm on Outlook, how can i know which user account i use? but when i start Microsoft CRM, i know which user i am because i must log in! Could you tell me, what is the problem? I wish you understand what i said Thanks to reply ------=_NextPart_0001_42E90E06 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi and thanks for posting your question. When you launch Outlook, it will use the credentials that you use to log on to the computer. This will be a domain account, not a local machine account. When Outlook is launched for the first time, it will create a profile fo...

Editing attachments in Outlook XP
If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in the email? Has anyone ever seen it not save the edits at all? It may be in a secure folder under the Temporary Internet Folder as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296115 "DonnaC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052d01c3be9b$44ebd3a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make > edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in > the email? > Has anyone ever seen it...

attachments.......
Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. Thanks, Crank down the internal message size limits to a value that makes sense to you. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:03:07 -0500, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I >am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. > > >Thanks, > > ...

Have to scroll to see full list of attachments in Outlook 2007?
A colleague of mine keeps sending me HTML emails in Outlook with multiple attachments, but the full list of attachments does not appear all at once on the screen. There is a scroll bar on the FAR right next to the attachments, and you have to scroll down through the list of attachments to see all of the attachments (I can send a screen shot to better explain this). So for example, if an email has four attachments, I only see the first three on the screen, and then I have to scroll down to see the fourth attachment. This is very confusing as I can easily "miss" an attach...

print out messages with list of attachments
Hello there, when printing out a message/email in full, how do I get outlook t print the list of attachments? Cheers, Wi ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com found it in the newsgroups :-) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821840 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Help I can receive but not send
Hi, I've been trying to sort out my email for days and, having managed to send once, I just can't seem to make it happen anymore. I get the following message : Task 'mail.uniquecharm.co.uk - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: ?30 authentication required - "Your email could not be sent. To fix this you must make a simple change to your email (known as SMTP authentication). For advice visit www.btyahoo.com/smtp"' ...

Help with a macro 03-03-10
This is what I have so far. It comes up with an error 1004 message as soon as I put the connection to the second worksheet to paste the information... I dont understand :-( Any help much appreciated! Sub Wombat() Sheets("1").Cells(3, 12).Select x = 3 y = 24 Do Until Cells(x, 12).Value = "END" If Cells(x, 12).Value <> "" Then Cells(x, 12).Copy Sheets("2").Cells(y, 1).Select ActiveSheet.Paste ...

remove attachment on reply
Some how I have set my outlook to save the replying email as an atachment and I would prefer it just be in the text form like before. Apparently I changed something or hit something that did this and I wold like to fix it. To delete attachments from messages in Outlook: Double-click on the desired message to open it in its own window. Click on the attachment you want to remove with the right mouse button. Select Remove from the menu. Close the message window. Click OK in the Do you want to save changes? dialog. calender, items, reaccuring, wrote: >Some how I have set my...

.xls attachment
Hi, can anyone help me? I'm quite new to the whole computer/techno life and have been trying for over 2 hours to find what I want! A friend has sent an e-mail with an attachment which has a .xls file extension. However I try, I am unable to open the attachment. I've downloaded various software at 'my machine's' recommendation including a works conversion thing for Word but still no luck. I hope it's something really simple which can be sorted by someone with a bit of a clue but I'm starting to get tied up in knots. I wouldn't mind but the attachment soun...

Nedd help to run this script on all DBs
I'm struggling to get this script to run on all DBs. It runs on a single DB just fine. Tried sp_msforeachdb but can't get the syntax quite right when using it in conjunction with @sql. Any ideas please. Thanks very much - SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER OFF DECLARE @sql VARCHAR(4000) SET @sql = " set nocount on create table #TABLE_SPACE_WORK ( TABLE_NAME sysname not null , TABLE_ROWS numeric(18,0) not null , RESERVED varchar(50) not null , DATA varchar(50) not null , INDEX_SIZE varchar(50) not null , UNUSED varchar(50) not null , ) create table #TAB...

Creating an Outlook 2007 macro that attaches a signature to new me
Hi, I'm new to macro creation and have several questions. I created code that adds a random signature to an open message window. Now I need to find a way to execute this code every time the user creates a new message window (new message, reply, forward). How can this be done? Following up on this I need to know what I can do with the macro code to "install" it within several Outlook 2007 instances. 1) See the NewInspector event. 2) http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=28 -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories:...

Outlooks Attachments
when i attach any attachments in a new e-mail they attach in the writing plane and thus cant be opened by my friends. If i reply the attachments go in the right place - on the subject bar. HELP PLEASE!! change your message format to plain text or html, you're using RTF right now. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outl...

Sort of Validation Help
Hi I was wondering if it was possible to do the following:The person entering data into the table has to enter very importantdata, therefore i was wondering if on entering the data maybe a boxpops up asking the user to enter it again, and if data matches then itenters sucessfully into the table however if not an error messageappears.If not is there any other way because i want to minimize human error!!Many thanks in advance. On Mar 11, 2:03 pm, essseeproducti...@hotmail.co.uk wrote:> Hi I was wondering if it was possible to do the following:> The person entering data into the table has t...

Tracking Tab Help
I am re-posting this as I have not received a solution. It appears I am not the only one with this issue. Can any one help? "semler3" <semler3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:9C7A0D06-66A9-4982-87F3-0D1AD2AF0256@microsoft.com... >I am sending emails with "request delivery receipt". I AM receiving > conformation emails that the mail was sent, however I want to keep track > in the sent items folder. Outlook help tells me to click on the "tracking tab" > but I can't find such a thing. Please help! "Patr...