attachment formats

Occassionaly I receive emails that contain file
attachments and the file name of the attachment appears in
the body of the message in the format of
<<filename.doc>>.  The attachment also appears at the
bottom of the message as an icon.

How is the format of enclosing the filename within these
tags accomplished?

thanks,

Rick
0
rborst (1)

Copying Conditional Formatting #3
I know how to use the Painter brush to copy the format but I have roughly 3,000 lines to do this to therefore I don't want to copy and paste either because I loose my current number in there. Is there a was to do this in large chunks? Thanks! Stacey Hi, Stacey. Use Copy on a cell that has the format you want, then highlight the range you want to contain this formatting. Click on Edit>Paste Special and select Formats from the choice box that opens. Now, ONLY your format will be pasted into the cells, leaving your data unchanged. HTH Info about the Format Painter. Double-cl...

paste multi format data(CF_TEXT, CF_ENHMETAFILE) to MS Word
Hi Group, I managed to put multi format data into clipboard, ie, CF_TEXT and CF_ENHMETAFILE. When I paste it into notepad.exe, it's text; when I paste it to paint.exe, it's a bitmap, everything seems OK. When I paste it to MS Word, it's always text. But if I copy some text and bitmap inside Word and paste it on Word, there is a drop down box which let me choose the source format or destination format of text only. I want Word can read all my format and choose if paste as TEXT or Bitmap, is that possible? I have a recollection that the order of the items in the clipboard ...

Send the attachment without ZIP format compression.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Where is the default setting to remove the .ZIP format when sending any type of attachment. I send a .doc, .jpeg, etc and Entourage AUTOMATICALLY ADDS THE .ZIP TO THE FILE EXTENSION. VERY ANNOYING AS MOST RECEIVERS CANNOT OPEN THE ATTACHMENTS. On 2010-04-12 19:52:34 -0400, sunsyl@officeformac.com said: > Where is the default setting to remove the .ZIP format when sending any > type of attachment. I send a .doc, .jpeg, etc and Entourage > AUTOMATICALLY ADDS THE .ZIP TO THE FILE EXTENSION. It's in the preferen...

Automatic picture formatting available ?
Hello everybody, I did a search on this and couldn't find anything so here goes... I capture and paste alot of images into excel from the clipboard. Once pasted i have to select "Format Picture" function in order to get the size so that the pasted picture actually fits the excel cells. Is there anyway to make the pasted pictures automatically size themselfes to the cells ? Or perhaps set a default setting in the "Size" tab in "Format Picture" so that pasted pictures always gets the same size without me being forced to write them in explicitly everytime ...

conditional format -- if not a date, then highlight cell
How do I enter a conditional format to highlight the cell if it's not a valid date? I tried "formula is": =if(not isdate(C10)) <>if(isdate(C10)) Your help would be greatly appreciated!! I think I'd put some data validation on the field to ensure that it's a date as well. -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "laavista" wrote: > How do I enter a conditional format to highlight the cell if it's not a valid > date? > > I tried "formula is": > > =if(not isdate(C10)) > <>if(isdate(C10)) > ...

date and time formating in one cell
I have the following date/time stamps in one cell: 20031229152357 20031230150834 20031230150834 etc... As you can tell, the date is yyyy\m\d and time is h:mm:ss The problem I have is the numbers appear exactly as above. My question is how do I get the respective date and time to show up in the cells? Right now, I am only getting the "##############" to show in the cells. Thanks for your help, Kurt Kurt, Are you not inputting this data as time, that is 29/12/2003 -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email a...

OL2000 Attachment Security
Just decided to try the SR updates which I have been avoiding due to lack of flexibility with attachments. Have all SR updates installed. Made reg. changes, HKEY...\Office\9.0\Outlook\Security, string value-Level1Remove, mod. with [ .exe;.com ], restart. It still blocks attachments. How can I fix this? Trying not to have to uninstall updates. Win. xp pro, office2000. Did you follow the directions here:? http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and fi...

How do I open attached jpgs
Out of the blue, Outlook 2007 won't let me open attached jpg files, whereas it has previously. I have auto updates installed. OS is Vista Home Premium. When I try to open an attached jpg file, the message I now get is: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Morton See the following http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Mor...

Attachments Outlook express 6 & Outlook 2002
I have 2 users one of each using the above. Both send and receive attachments. When the Outlook 2002 user sends the Outlook Express 6 user an attachment, he receives the mail but not the attachment. When the same mail is sent to myself an Outlook 2002 user I receive the attachment. When I forward it on the Outlook Express user, he does not get the attachment. If I first save the attachment and then send it directly from me an outlook 2002 user, the express user gets the attachment! Both donot have problems sending or receiving attachments from anyone else. Can anyone help, please? ...

Outlook filtering fails on html formated email
When an email arrives containing words for medical stuff I neither need nor want, my email filter fails to intercept admail that is formated HTML. Viewing the source code reveals that the ad writer has imbeded superfluous code between letters to thwart the filter. For example: 'Visit the online pharmacy for ...' becomes Visi&#116; &#116;h&#101; O&#110;li&#110;&#101; Ph<gclxctkdhszmop>arma<gdubhlmpmkxmwie>cy for yo&#117 Embeded in the html is an actual address 'xxxx@genericforless.com/blah' but somehow Outlook fails to catch thi...

attachments not received or in winmail
For some reason people do not always receiving my attachments or they are receiving attachments in a unreadable winmail.dat format. any ideas? i'm using outlook 2000. jane <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > For some reason people do not always receiving my > attachments or they are receiving attachments in a > unreadable winmail.dat format. any ideas? i'm using > outlook 2000. Don't use Rich Text, which is specific to Outlook. Use plain text or HTML format. -- Brian Tillman All... I have a similiar issue. We are using Exchange 2000, SP3....

How do I save an excel spreadsheet in pdf format (Office 2002)
I've done this before, but in a different environment. Not sure if I've forgotten how, or if it's not supported in this version. Thanks It has never been supported although there are add-ins that install printer drivers that will save as PDF primopdf is a free one then adobe acrobat (not the reader) has of course this and Office 12 will have it built in -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Shaundee" <Shaundee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F09C8D8-1F35-491B-8A4C-781E57C35D53@microsoft.com... > I've done this b...

Attachments in Outlook Express
I'm using Outlook Express 6 as my email client. when I download emails from my hotmail account into OE, I can see the attachments in greyscale (they're there but vague) and I am unable to access them - clicking on them does nothing to open them. Any Hints? ...

Trouble with downloading attachments
Just recently I have been unable to download email attachments that require word. I have Office 2007. When I download a mail attachment (any mail, Yahoo etc, not just Outlook) I get a File conversion message pop up. It doesn't matter what I click on, nothing opens, well it does but you can't read it. This never used to happen. ...

How to change the default datetime format for Windows Server 2003
As per the topic, I need to know how to change the default or the master datetime format for Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition. My problem is as such. One of my applications is working under the IIS, and thus getting the date and time from it. The IIS is running under local system and does not change the date time when I change if for the logged in user. Not even when I'm logged in as local administrator. My program take in dd/MM/yyyy but however it seems like the server is always default to M/d/yyyy or MM/dd/yyyy. So, how can i change the default setting so that it...

Unable to open one or more attachments
Hello, im hoping someone can help me, im running exchange 5.5 sp3 on Nt4 sp6 and clients are having problems when using outlook (97,98,2000 and XP) when trying to open emails with attachments, when they are actually opening the email that has an attachment, (not the attachment itself) outlook is reporting a "unable to open one or more attachments" and the body of the message appears but it doesnt seem to have the attachment there, if they then proceed to close and open the email a few times, the attachment appears without the error message. This is happening at different s...

xls worksheet formatting a single cell
I am trying to copy and paste info from one cell to another. My original cell has 50 words in it and when you look at the cell, only a work or two is dosplayed. When I double click on this cell it displays the entire text - which is good. My problem is when I copy info to a blank cell, the entire text displays across my worksheet and will not hide as my original cell. How do I format the cell that I am copying into to look like the original cell. Archer Format>cells>alignment and select text wrap, will keep it from overflowing, it will expand row size, I guess the reason it d...

Cells with Validation lists attached
How can I indictate that a cell has a valaidation list attached to it without having to select the cell...so that if someone views the xls they can tell which cells have a validation list associated without having to actually select the individual cells? edit/goto special, validation, then give it a color...? Bob Umlas excel MVP "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49AFC808-DE74-4E39-9978-893352BE288E@microsoft.com... > How can I indictate that a cell has a valaidation list attached to it without > having to select the cell...so that if som...

How do I disable automatic date formatting in excel?
I am importing data into Excel which contains codes. Some of the codes are similar to dates (ex. 4feb1) and they are automatically converted. I need the codes to remain as is. Import it as text Regards, Peo Sjoblom "tcuneio" wrote: > I am importing data into Excel which contains codes. Some of the codes are > similar to dates (ex. 4feb1) and they are automatically converted. I need > the codes to remain as is. I will see if I can control this. I'm importing data directly from AutoCAD and am not sure that I can control this. If I can't, is there no o...

Can't move e-mails with attachments
Outlook will not allow some users to move messages out of their Inbox into other folders. These messages all have attachments on them. This does not happen to all users. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? I would very much appreciate you help. Thanx ...

Exchange 2003 blocking attachments
Our exchange server is blocking attachments with .mbd .exe .com. Is there a way to allow certain attachments through the system? mike Is it the Exchange Server or the Outlook settings? See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;ES;829982 -- Denis McDowell [MSFT] "mike vincelli" <mvincelli@suhsd.net> wrote in message news:182e01c441ca$3fc1a0f0$3501280a@phx.gbl... > Our exchange server is blocking attachments > with .mbd .exe .com. Is there a way to allow certain > attachments through the system? > > mike Denis, The link you posted is for the...

Formatting lines between data points in a line chart
I have a simple line chart which graphs data over a 3-year timeframe. Between each of the years, I would like there to be a gap in the line. In my previous version of Excel, I was able to do this by choosing "None" for the formatting of the line between the datapoints. In my current version of Excel (Excel 2002, XP operating system), if I choose "none" it simply charts a line between 2 non-contiguous months. For example, if I remove the line between December 2004 and January 2005, Excel 2002 will simply graph the line between December 2004 and February 2005. Any...

conditional format 04-15-10
Hi, I want the color of the text in cell B1 to change depending on the value in cell A1 How can this be done? I know I can do it with conditionale format for the cell itself but not for another one. Thanks JP Try this. Assume you want B1 text to change colour when the value in A1 is 5, select B1 and go to conditional formatting. In the condition, select 'Formula is' then in the empty space, type =A1=5 choose the font colour that you want. "Jean-Paul" wrote: > Hi, > > I want the color of the text in cell B1 to change depending on th...

How can 2010 open 2007 format?
I am using Publisher 2010, but I need to open a project that was created in 2003/2007; can 2010 do that? Because when I open the project in 2010 the formatting is totally messed up. 2010 is still in Beta I believe...ask in the beta newsgroup maybe they would have some input. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "BJRCollins" <BJRCollins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5014D46-AC6F-4248-91C0-A2294CE04027@microsoft.com... > I am using Publisher 2010, but I need to open a project that was created >...

"conditional formatting" "#values"
I have a formula that works fine but... some of the cells show #values, what i would like to do is conditional formatting them to white font if = #values. Any pointers? many thanks Try this: Select the cells to be impacted (I'll assume A1:A10, with A1 as the active cell) From the Excel main menu: <format><conditional formatting> Condition_1 Formula is: =ISERROR(A1) Click the [Formatting] button.....set the White font....Click the [OK] buttons. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "Dewi..." wrote: > I have a formula that works fine bu...