attachment formats

Occassionaly I receive emails that contain file
attachments and the file name of the attachment appears in
the body of the message in the format of
<<filename.doc>>.  The attachment also appears at the
bottom of the message as an icon.

How is the format of enclosing the filename within these
tags accomplished?

thanks,

Rick
0
rborst (1)

Negative Number Format () Not available
Hi Folks, I do not have the negative number format using parenthesis (55 available in excel. I have gone to my regional settings and change the number type to ( ) but I still don't get the option. Anybody have any other fixes besides using custom formats? Thanks in advance/ Ma -- MAX25 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MAX258's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=153 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47601 Maybe.... Windows start button|settings|control panel|regional set...

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

Printing

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

Oulook 2000 Blocking Attachments! Reposted
Hi ONG, I am running Ms-Outlook 2000 Service pack 3, on a Windows pro 2000 Service pack 4. Standalone machine. Recently my mail client has been blocking my email attachments, i have received two replies from the newsgroup describing Level1 security in Outlook, also a link to a site containing all the releative information regarding the subject. But no matter what i try Outlook still wont allow the access to the attachment. I created the new Key and the necessary String Value, i have even tried to use the ( . ) character before the file ext, also i have tried it without the ( .) character, no...

how to format a 12 mo. calender and gant chart to track projects
i am trying to format a 12 month calender and gant chart to track projects. On Sat, 19 Apr 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Jeff Dugan <Jeff@Dugan.?.microsoft.com.invalid> said: >i am trying to format a 12 month calender and gant chart to track projects. The most important columns to have are "Task name", then "Task start date" and "Length of task in days". Create a stacked bar chart and format the "task start date" bar to be invisible. The "length of task in days" bar will then be floating in the middle of the chart. Re...

How to Find the Message that contained The Attachment of a Known File-Name.
Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003 to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name? I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one mailbox. Regards, AndyH If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility server-side. From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though. "AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au&g...

attachments do not forward
I want to forward e-mails which come to me with attachments. I want these attachments to forward along with the message and they do not. How can I make this happen? Is there a setting to enable this? ...

formatting zip codes
I use Office XP and keep running into the same problem. When I export addresses from my database (FileMaker Pro) into Excel, the first zero in the zip codes never appears. So I use the format Cells, special, zip code option. The zero now appears in Excel, however, when I mail merge this in Word (in order to make labels, envelopes, form letters, etc.) the first zeros in the zip codes disappear again-- they do not appear in the merged Word document! What is going on? The only way I can get the zeros to remain in the merged Word document is by manually going through the Excel sheet ...

The receipt format is totally different from the preview
My printer is EPSON TM88III and I installed the OPOS driver. The receipt printed has a different font and layout from the one in the receipt preview, e.g., in the preview the "Sales Receipt" is in a white box with black border while in the receipt it is in a black box. How can I solve this problem? Thank you! -- Nothing Is this all because of the OPOS driver? -- Nothing "NothingMuch" wrote: > My printer is EPSON TM88III and I installed the OPOS driver. The receipt > printed has a different font and layout from the one in the receipt preview, > e.g., in...

Editing attachments in Outlook XP
If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in the email? Has anyone ever seen it not save the edits at all? It may be in a secure folder under the Temporary Internet Folder as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296115 "DonnaC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052d01c3be9b$44ebd3a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make > edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in > the email? > Has anyone ever seen it...

Conditional Formatting #72

attachments.......
Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. Thanks, Crank down the internal message size limits to a value that makes sense to you. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:03:07 -0500, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I >am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. > > >Thanks, > > ...

number format #8
How can I get 1 to show up as 01 yet still be considered a number? I can only get it to show up as 01 by changing the format to text. I want a list like this: 01 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 etc, going no higher than 99 (which if that were the case I'd want 001). Thanks. Go to Format cells and Custom and in the Type: type 00 or for how many numbers you want to fill. Stopher Glenn wrote: > How can I get 1 to show up as 01 yet still be considered a number? I can > only get it to show up as 01 by changing the format to text. > > I want a list like this: > > ...

Have to scroll to see full list of attachments in Outlook 2007?
A colleague of mine keeps sending me HTML emails in Outlook with multiple attachments, but the full list of attachments does not appear all at once on the screen. There is a scroll bar on the FAR right next to the attachments, and you have to scroll down through the list of attachments to see all of the attachments (I can send a screen shot to better explain this). So for example, if an email has four attachments, I only see the first three on the screen, and then I have to scroll down to see the fourth attachment. This is very confusing as I can easily "miss" an attach...

Hindi Number format
Is ther an equivalent in Access for a for a number format available in Excel .NumberFormat = "[$-2000000]#0,000.00" So that I can have Hindi numerals in a reports. when I use Numeral shapes to context or system or National it is not giving me the desired result. I want to display the numbers in Hindi format regardless of the system language settings. How I can apply this in a Report so that the field will be formated using the above way? Thanks ...

Export Chart in Vector Format
That's a tough one! I am trying to copy a chart from Excel to CorelDraw and process it but without success. I know how to export as bmp, tiff, jpg etc, but I don't want an image. I want the vectors (boxes, lines, curves, text etc) so that I can process them in a vector application such as CorelDraw. I tried to export in wmf and emf (which is something that Excel does not do by itself - you need to do it through powerpoint) but these formats are not imported completely in CorelDraw. Usually I just get a couple of objects (eg. the background of the chart), without axes, column...

print out messages with list of attachments
Hello there, when printing out a message/email in full, how do I get outlook t print the list of attachments? Cheers, Wi ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com found it in the newsgroups :-) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821840 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

remove attachment on reply
Some how I have set my outlook to save the replying email as an atachment and I would prefer it just be in the text form like before. Apparently I changed something or hit something that did this and I wold like to fix it. To delete attachments from messages in Outlook: Double-click on the desired message to open it in its own window. Click on the attachment you want to remove with the right mouse button. Select Remove from the menu. Close the message window. Click OK in the Do you want to save changes? dialog. calender, items, reaccuring, wrote: >Some how I have set my...

.xls attachment
Hi, can anyone help me? I'm quite new to the whole computer/techno life and have been trying for over 2 hours to find what I want! A friend has sent an e-mail with an attachment which has a .xls file extension. However I try, I am unable to open the attachment. I've downloaded various software at 'my machine's' recommendation including a works conversion thing for Word but still no luck. I hope it's something really simple which can be sorted by someone with a bit of a clue but I'm starting to get tied up in knots. I wouldn't mind but the attachment soun...

Format changes to header and footer
Is it possible to apply a formatting change (i.e. indents & spacing) to the footers of ALL SECTIONS of a sectioned document at the same time, without screwing up the rest of the document? Doing it one section at a time is a bit tedious. I suppose I should have checked it when I started the document, but we know what they say about hindsight.... It can be done with the use of a macro such as: Dim i As Long, j As Long, k As Long With ActiveDocument For i = 1 To .Sections.Count For j = 1 To .Sections(i).Footers.Count With .Sections(i).Footers(j).Ra...

Creating an Outlook 2007 macro that attaches a signature to new me
Hi, I'm new to macro creation and have several questions. I created code that adds a random signature to an open message window. Now I need to find a way to execute this code every time the user creates a new message window (new message, reply, forward). How can this be done? Following up on this I need to know what I can do with the macro code to "install" it within several Outlook 2007 instances. 1) See the NewInspector event. 2) http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=28 -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories:...

Outlooks Attachments
when i attach any attachments in a new e-mail they attach in the writing plane and thus cant be opened by my friends. If i reply the attachments go in the right place - on the subject bar. HELP PLEASE!! change your message format to plain text or html, you're using RTF right now. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outl...