Attachment error opening Word in Outlook

Error of : The document name or path is not valid.  Try
these suggestions:

* Check the file permissions fo rthe document or drive.
*Use the File Open dialog box to locate the document.

The file does eventually open after three error boxes pop
up.  It is not an HTML file or anything listed on the
knowledgebase.  Anyone have any ideas?  If not, probably
will reinstall office 2000.
0
anonymous (74719)

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

Sending and Receiving Error #2
About 70% of the time when Outlook 2000 is initially opened an error message (0x80042108) comes up saying can't connect to POP server. If you close a few times and reopen then you connect. Very Irritating. By the way I do not have Norton installed. And it happens both at my office and home computers which both used the same Outlook disk for install. ...

ERROR #946
Hi guys Any idea as to why i would be getting this error intermitendly, only one register in the database, and the dongle is installed and goes into POS first but this error persists. Thanks in advance Stephen Zwarts IMMIX Solutions ...

Outlook express closes when switching between users?
Hi, When I switch between users on Outlook Express...it just closes down and I cannot relaunch it unless I reboot? I have Windows XP Home, HP PC and I updated all the IE and Outlook things that the tech people told me to...still it does this about every 4th time I switch between users...any assistance is apprecaited. Thanks! Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=Internet...

cacls: Error 1304: Error writing to file
Hello, I'd like to execute the following on a Windows Xp Pro computer in a domain and want to make it won't "break" any other files on system: cacls "c:\Documents and Settings\All Users" /T /E /C /G administrators:F Issue: Photoshop was already installed on a computer but it may have received an updated, etc and whenever it executes the automatic photoshop installaiton/update it reports: Error 1304. Error writing to file: C:\Program Foles\Common FIles\Adobe\PDFL\5.0\FOnts\ZY____.PFB. Verify that you have access to that directory. I wene to the Adobe s...

Printing

Exchange 2000 MSExchangeAL Error Event ID 8331
Hello All, I am just getting an error that goes something like this... I have found some information with this error for 2003 but nothing for 2000. I just finished trying to re-apply post sp3 update and cycled the box. Can anyone help with this error on exchange 2000??? Bob Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: Address List Synchronization Event ID: 8331 Date: 5/24/2006 Time: 11:32:13 PM User: N/A Computer: MAIL Description: The service threw an unexpected exception which was caught at m:\dsa\src\lra\abv_dg\lservagent.cpp(4664) For more information, click h...

Matrix Error
In RMS 2.0 my matrix feature doesn't work. After setting up the matrix and going to click ok, I receive a null error 94, I believe, and RMS crashes forcing me to restart. Currently, I cant use the feature therefore I am having to input individual codes for each similar item. Does anyone have any suggestinos as to what might cause this? Thanks in advance. ...

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

Make Outlook Express default mail server
I have been using Outlook Express and like it fine. I updated virus protection and clicked to have Outlook as my default mail server--not realizing that Outlook and Outlook Express were different. How can I get Outlook Express back as default? -- Kathy Salem, OR Control Panel->Internet Options->Programs tab. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, ktfern asked: | I have bee...

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

Creating a simple form in Outlook 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C3FAEF.C4CC0AA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can someone walk me through how I would set up a simple form in Outlook, = that when sent, the form would be in active visual mode when received by = a recipient? I don't find the help very helpful. I.e.... how about as an example it would ask the question "What day = would be best for you:". To the right of that I would like a simple drop = down menu that would have the choices Monday to ...

Error in CString
Hi, I have a VS2003 C++ project that I converted into VS2005 (automatic) and I got bunch of error during linking (no errors in compling) with lib files, as I traced the linked libraries I found out that, some of that are linked in VC 2.0 and those libs are no longer in use, so I decided to refactor the project. So I started the main project (MDC DLL) and started adding the required C++ and h files in to the project. When I build my basic project with only main modules I got almost 170 errors with following description error C2440: 'type cast' : cannot convert from 'CString' t...

add multiple labels sizes to word as an new producer
Hi all, is there a way to add multiple labelformats to word. Its easy to add 1 new size but if you have 200 sizes and want to add this to word and make is distributable then it is not working. for word 97 and word 2000 this was not a problem We did it by regfile editing see below: is there a way to add multiple label sizes to word 2007 ? for example by using database or xml... reagards, Geert REGEDIT4 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Word\Custom Labels] "costum 0102"=hex:1d,03,56,00,00,00,6d,00,57,00,6b,08,00,00,b2,04,00,00,37,02,\ 00,0...

Open a report in a different mdb
If this is possible, how would I do it using "DoCmd.OpenReport"? Dim appAccess As Access.Application Set appAccess = New Access.Application appAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase "C:\Folder\File.mdb" appAccess.DoCmd.OpenReport "NameOfReport" Once you're done with the report, you need appAccess.CloseCurrentDatabase appAccess.Quit Set appAccess = Nothing -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JimP" <j_pockmire@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ZeGdnVeYY9Vbz...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

Editing in Microsoft Word -- Update on Norton Antivirus Conflict
Many of you have shared my experience of having to disable script blocking in Norton Antivirus to be able to use the "Edit in Microsoft Word". Over the weekend, for a variety of reasons, I upgraded to the 2004 edition of Norton Antivirus (from one that was several years old) and, lo and behold, I've been able to edit Publisher files in Word without having to disable script blocking. This is by no means a plug for upgrading NAV, and I understand that a lot of people don't like the program, but I thought the group might be interested. Sibyl The reason we dislike intently N...

Oulook 2000 Blocking Attachments! Reposted
Hi ONG, I am running Ms-Outlook 2000 Service pack 3, on a Windows pro 2000 Service pack 4. Standalone machine. Recently my mail client has been blocking my email attachments, i have received two replies from the newsgroup describing Level1 security in Outlook, also a link to a site containing all the releative information regarding the subject. But no matter what i try Outlook still wont allow the access to the attachment. I created the new Key and the necessary String Value, i have even tried to use the ( . ) character before the file ext, also i have tried it without the ( .) character, no...

How to Find the Message that contained The Attachment of a Known File-Name.
Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003 to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name? I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one mailbox. Regards, AndyH If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility server-side. From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though. "AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au&g...

Toobars don't stay open
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Even though I have selected three toolbars (they show check marks), no toolbars appear when I start up Word. I have to View, Toolbars, Standard (turn off) and then View, Toolbars, Standard to get it to appear. How can I get it so that my toolbars are there when I start up Word? This is very frustrating! Are they all Docked at the top of the document window? Click the oblong button at the right end of the Title Bar. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones Office:Mac MVP <David17@officeformac.com> wrote in message news:59b75...

error on outlook express #3
when I send messages in outlook express like letters and small attachments it work fine , but when sending attachments like videos I get the message (Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'toot tone', Account: +++++++++++++++, Server: ++++++++++++, Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F) Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supp...

MAPILab NNTP for Outlook
Does this program work with Putlook 2007? Is it any good? Does it work as well as Outlook Expess? http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/nntp/ Cheers. ss. I doubt very much if even the Outlook gurus have tried that yet, but you might ask the question in an Outlook newsgroup to see if someone knows: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook.Calendaring news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook.configuration news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook.Contacts news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outl...

opening a Microsoft PowerPoint Slideshow
my 2003 Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer will open the slides but will not access the music. how do i access the music? How did you receive the PowerPoint presentation? Via email? Perhaps the person sending the presentation to you did not embed the music. The creator of the presentation must make sure that audio file is a .wav in order to embed it in your ppt. Sandy "robert" wrote: > my 2003 Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer will open the slides but will not access > the music. how do i access the music? ...

attachments do not forward
I want to forward e-mails which come to me with attachments. I want these attachments to forward along with the message and they do not. How can I make this happen? Is there a setting to enable this? ...

HELP
When i'm on Outlook, how can i know which user account i use? but when i start Microsoft CRM, i know which user i am because i must log in! Could you tell me, what is the problem? I wish you understand what i said Thanks to reply ------=_NextPart_0001_42E90E06 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi and thanks for posting your question. When you launch Outlook, it will use the credentials that you use to log on to the computer. This will be a domain account, not a local machine account. When Outlook is launched for the first time, it will create a profile fo...