Attaching an open email message to another message

Hello,

If I have opened a message (call it message-1) by some means (say from
some desktop search application) and i'm composing another message
(say, message-2), is there some easy way to attach message-1 to
message-2?  Currently, the only way I know of doing this is to find the
Outlook folder where message-1 lives, hunt for message-1 there, and
then drag it into message-2.  If I already have message-1 opened, is
there some shortcut to getting it into message-2?

Thanks!

No, whether message-1 is open or not has nothing to do with how you =
attach it to message-2.

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"B Mat" <ben.mathew@gmail.com> wrote in message =
> Hello,
>=20
> If I have opened a message (call it message-1) by some means (say from
> some desktop search application) and i'm composing another message
> (say, message-2), is there some easy way to attach message-1 to
> message-2?  Currently, the only way I know of doing this is to find =
the
> Outlook folder where message-1 lives, hunt for message-1 there, and
> then drag it into message-2.  If I already have message-1 opened, is
> there some shortcut to getting it into message-2?
>=20
> Thanks!

0
suemvp (4038)
2/28/2006 8:32:43 PM
Thanks, Sue.

A feature request for the future would be to have some icon in the
window displaying
message-1 that can be dragged into message-2, so message-1 can be
easily attached.
(Similar to how the IE icon can be dragged from the address bar of
Internet Explorer to
create shortcuts.)

Anyone at Microsoft listening?

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> No, whether message-1 is open or not has nothing to do with how you attach it to message-2.
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>    Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>      http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm
>    and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>      Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>      http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>

> "B Mat" <ben.mathew@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141158211.666581.269490@t39g2000cwt.googlegroups.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > If I have opened a message (call it message-1) by some means (say from
> > some desktop search application) and i'm composing another message
> > (say, message-2), is there some easy way to attach message-1 to
> > message-2?  Currently, the only way I know of doing this is to find the
> > Outlook folder where message-1 lives, hunt for message-1 there, and
> > then drag it into message-2.  If I already have message-1 opened, is
> > there some shortcut to getting it into message-2?
> >
> > Thanks!

I cant send messages
Hi I have windows live mail and have recently reformatted the hard drive for an unrelated problem. I connected back onto the net and an receiving emails ok but i cant send any. Here is the error message: The host 'mail.bigpond.com ' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'deal or no deal' Server: 'mail.bigpond.com ' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 11004 I have triple checked the writing in the accounts and cannot see that i have wri...

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

Printing

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

Open a report in a different mdb
If this is possible, how would I do it using "DoCmd.OpenReport"? Dim appAccess As Access.Application Set appAccess = New Access.Application appAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase "C:\Folder\File.mdb" appAccess.DoCmd.OpenReport "NameOfReport" Once you're done with the report, you need appAccess.CloseCurrentDatabase appAccess.Quit Set appAccess = Nothing -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JimP" <j_pockmire@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ZeGdnVeYY9Vbz...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

Disabling dialog key messages
I have a MFC app with a window included in a frame, used for displaying a DirectX9 window. I'd like,when the user focuses on the Dx9 window, using keys for whatever,to prevent dialog boxes belonging to the app. from retrieving those events.And to enable it once the user focuses no more on the DX9 window but on the main app where the MFC dialog boex and whatever are. What can I do for that? ...

spellcheck dots in email signature
How do I get rid of the dots that appear under some words in my email signature? Turn off Person Names Smart Tags. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, castle asked: | How do I get rid of the dots that appear under some words in my email | signature? ...

Oulook 2000 Blocking Attachments! Reposted
Hi ONG, I am running Ms-Outlook 2000 Service pack 3, on a Windows pro 2000 Service pack 4. Standalone machine. Recently my mail client has been blocking my email attachments, i have received two replies from the newsgroup describing Level1 security in Outlook, also a link to a site containing all the releative information regarding the subject. But no matter what i try Outlook still wont allow the access to the attachment. I created the new Key and the necessary String Value, i have even tried to use the ( . ) character before the file ext, also i have tried it without the ( .) character, no...

Outlook v7
There seems to be a problem with my Outlookv7 - whenever I retrieve email, they are sent to Junk mail folder, and not the InBox. What could be causing this? Thanks for any insights. Charliec Hard to tell with this level of details. Verify your Junk E-mail settings in; Tools-> Options...-> button Junk E-mail... Also check if you have any rules configured which might cause this; Tools-> Rules and Alerts... If you have a 3rd party Junk Email filter installed, also check the settings for that. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Out...

How to Find the Message that contained The Attachment of a Known File-Name.
Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003 to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name? I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one mailbox. Regards, AndyH If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility server-side. From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though. "AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au&g...

Toobars don't stay open
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Even though I have selected three toolbars (they show check marks), no toolbars appear when I start up Word. I have to View, Toolbars, Standard (turn off) and then View, Toolbars, Standard to get it to appear. How can I get it so that my toolbars are there when I start up Word? This is very frustrating! Are they all Docked at the top of the document window? Click the oblong button at the right end of the Title Bar. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones Office:Mac MVP <David17@officeformac.com> wrote in message news:59b75...

attachments do not forward
I want to forward e-mails which come to me with attachments. I want these attachments to forward along with the message and they do not. How can I make this happen? Is there a setting to enable this? ...

opening a Microsoft PowerPoint Slideshow
my 2003 Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer will open the slides but will not access the music. how do i access the music? How did you receive the PowerPoint presentation? Via email? Perhaps the person sending the presentation to you did not embed the music. The creator of the presentation must make sure that audio file is a .wav in order to embed it in your ppt. Sandy "robert" wrote: > my 2003 Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer will open the slides but will not access > the music. how do i access the music? ...

Outlook 2003 deleting messages from server but not delivering them
I just started using Outlook 2003 and am experiencing several issues that MS Support (naturally) claims to be the responsibility of my POP server or the ISP. Since I host my own mail server using ADSL, there is no ISP. The application is called Vpop3 and I've been using it for years with no problems, such as described below. Support refused to provide me with ANY evidence to substantiate their assertion and simply said, "we have internal technotes" and "I checked with senior techs...they all say the problems your having are because of a protocol issue with your mail server&...

Workbooks.open is not working
Hi, can anyone open my eyes on this strange problem: I need to open a workbook on the fly to be able to read data from it via VBA. This piece of code is working while on a button called via click: Sub Schaltfl=E4che2_KlickenSieAuf() Workbooks.Open ("C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\name\Desktop \Prototyp fuer Michael\Test2.xlsm") End Sub This piece is NOT working in a VBA module called with the formula update in a cell : Public Function Dateiopen() Dim temp As Workbook Set temp =3D Workbooks.Open("C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\name \Desktop\...

Editing attachments in Outlook XP
If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in the email? Has anyone ever seen it not save the edits at all? It may be in a secure folder under the Temporary Internet Folder as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296115 "DonnaC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052d01c3be9b$44ebd3a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make > edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in > the email? > Has anyone ever seen it...

download images at the open of an .xls sheet
Hello to all (I apologize for my english, but I am italian). I have a question. Well ... I have a .xls sheet (a price-list) in which the various rows are description of items. Then description in in colum C are the description of the items and in the colum D there are the images. line). I want to make sure that when I open the xls sheet, instead of figures, that I have change with an hyperlink (for example www.ditta.it/fig.54), automatically is connected to the Internet and it appear relative picture in the cell. Or instead of connecting to the internet, it find the picture in a dicre...

Filling an email with html
Hi How can I fill a new email with content from an html file? Thanks Regards John, you wrote on Sat, 14 Jan 2006 23:04:22 -0000: > How can I fill a new email with content from an html file? Create a new html-mail. Then go to Insert | File. Select the html-file and click on the little arrow right hand the "Insert" Button and select "Insert as text". -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Am Sat, 14 Jan 2006 23:04:22 -0000 schrieb John: You need to read the file�s content first. Sample: Public Function ReadFile(sPath As String) As String On Error GoTo AUSGANG ...

Logging in as administrator from another AD login
Sometimes I need to login as admin from my workstation, but since logins are based on AD and I'm not logged in as the admin, I can't get to admin from my Windows session. I've tried http://admin@mscrm but that does not work. I also cannot find any way to do a "run-as" on an IE shortcut. I know that I could add admin to my user account, but that seems like an inelegant solution and is not really in line with best security practices. Any ideas out there? Thanks - Daniel change you IE security settings to prompt you for user and password. Then, when you hit ...

attachments.......
Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. Thanks, Crank down the internal message size limits to a value that makes sense to you. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:03:07 -0500, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I >am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. > > >Thanks, > > ...

Have to scroll to see full list of attachments in Outlook 2007?
A colleague of mine keeps sending me HTML emails in Outlook with multiple attachments, but the full list of attachments does not appear all at once on the screen. There is a scroll bar on the FAR right next to the attachments, and you have to scroll down through the list of attachments to see all of the attachments (I can send a screen shot to better explain this). So for example, if an email has four attachments, I only see the first three on the screen, and then I have to scroll down to see the fourth attachment. This is very confusing as I can easily "miss" an attach...

Invisable Emails
Ok, I have an issue that I can not seem to find an answer for. Me and my wife installed Office Enterprise 2007 on a computer that had Office XP on it. As far as we can tell the install worked like it should, but we are having an issue with the Outlook program. When I start Outlook on my side, it has imported all the contacts that I had and all the emails that I had received up until the install. I have made sure that my email account information was correct and it is and I can see it send and receive like it should, but here is the issue. When it downloads the emails to my Outlook, ...

Restrict email transmission
I need to restrict an incoming account from reaching specific parties. I have gone to each user and setup a rule to delete email from an outside party. I would block it completely but one of the users need to recieve email from this person. The rule does not seem to be configure server side but client only. Is there away to make sure the rule in on the exchange 2003 server. Users, I setup the rule for, are getting the email when they go through webmail. Exchange 2003 enterprise, outlook 2000 and 2003. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Sender-Recipient-Filtering.html -- John Oliver, Jr...