Attaching an e-mail into an e-mail

Our boss likes for us to draft her e-mails to be sent out.  We type and
attach the e-mail she wants, send it to her and all she has to do is open it
up, make her changes and hit send.  This used to work w/ 2000 but w/ 2003 it
does not.  Any suggestions?
0
Hope (4)

can you be a bit more specific, what is it that isnt working now ??

Regards
Davidt

"Hope" wrote:

> Our boss likes for us to draft her e-mails to be sent out.  We type and
> attach the e-mail she wants, send it to her and all she has to do is open it
> up, make her changes and hit send.  This used to work w/ 2000 but w/ 2003 it
> does not.  Any suggestions?

Gather mail from ISP and redistribute to the concerned user
Hello I have Small Business Server 2000 and outlook client 2003. Until recently we were looking our e-mails directely at the ISP through the webmail. Today we would like to collect the e-mails and distribute them to the company users. I have set up everything to send e-mail for the different user and it works. I then used the Pop connector provided with exchange. I can gather the e-mails at the ISP but then they do not appear in the emails boxes (they are disappearing in a "nowhere SBS space"). I can not find what is wrong in my setup. Can somebody help me in this matter ? Best ...

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

Printing

Make Outlook Express default mail server
I have been using Outlook Express and like it fine. I updated virus protection and clicked to have Outlook as my default mail server--not realizing that Outlook and Outlook Express were different. How can I get Outlook Express back as default? -- Kathy Salem, OR Control Panel->Internet Options->Programs tab. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, ktfern asked: | I have bee...

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

receiving mail #2
half my incoming mail goes directtly to the deleted items folder. Why? Thank you. BERNIE <BERNIE75@OPTONLINE.NET> wrote: > half my incoming mail goes directtly to the deleted items folder. > Why? Because you have something in Outlook (a rule, perhaps) telling Outlook to delete the messages or you have a third-party application that is doing it. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook 2003 Unread Mail Folder
I accidentally erased the Unread Mail folder ... how do I get it back? ...

pasting mailing lists into windows vista mail
I have a very long excel spreadsheet with email address in one column. With the older outlook product I was always able to cut and paste the column into the TO field and send mass emailings. Now that I am using winmail I get an error when I try to do this: CHECK NAMES: no matches found ........ I have a clunky work around-I have added semicolins to each email address in the excel sheet but this of course is not a useful permanent fix. Can someone tell me how to turn off the "check names" feature or if this is not possible, how winmail can be used with excel to send...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

Oulook 2000 Blocking Attachments! Reposted
Hi ONG, I am running Ms-Outlook 2000 Service pack 3, on a Windows pro 2000 Service pack 4. Standalone machine. Recently my mail client has been blocking my email attachments, i have received two replies from the newsgroup describing Level1 security in Outlook, also a link to a site containing all the releative information regarding the subject. But no matter what i try Outlook still wont allow the access to the attachment. I created the new Key and the necessary String Value, i have even tried to use the ( . ) character before the file ext, also i have tried it without the ( .) character, no...

How to Find the Message that contained The Attachment of a Known File-Name.
Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003 to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name? I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one mailbox. Regards, AndyH If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility server-side. From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though. "AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au&g...

Recover deleted mail folders
I hard-deleted one mail folder and its subfolders from Outlook 2002. Is there a way to recover them? Try the following; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "31club" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:146a01c47bce$8f0c8ba0$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I hard-deleted one mail folder and its subfolders from > Outlook 2002. Is there a way t...

attachments do not forward
I want to forward e-mails which come to me with attachments. I want these attachments to forward along with the message and they do not. How can I make this happen? Is there a setting to enable this? ...

Junk Mail Doubles Up
For some strange reason all my in-box messages are also sent to my Junk Mail folder. That means I get ALL my emails twice and constantly have to empty the junk mail. It isn't acting as a filter. I can't find any buttons to eliminate this. Any suggestions? Which Anti Virus are you using to scan your incoming and outgoing emails = ?? --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "jakenchuck" <jakenchuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:9A0FC335-0972-4805-8C09-...

Editing attachments in Outlook XP
If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in the email? Has anyone ever seen it not save the edits at all? It may be in a secure folder under the Temporary Internet Folder as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296115 "DonnaC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052d01c3be9b$44ebd3a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make > edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in > the email? > Has anyone ever seen it...

E-mail Management software
If anyone is interested in testing a release candidate of e-mail management software to manage PSTs, Exchange Mailboxes or Exchange Public Folders, please feel free to download an evaluation version of MADSolutions E-mail Management Server 2006 at: http://www.MADSolutions.com/ES/Main.htm We look forward to hearing your feedback. Sincerely, MADSolutions Partnering Team Partnering@MADSolutions.com ...

Outlook 97
I need a tip / Utility for a way (registry hack) to set Outlook 97 to automatically empty deleted mail by leaving Outlook 97. I know the EmptyTrash key for Outlook 9.0/10.0, but how it works in Outlook 97?? I haven't used OL97 in a gazillion years, but I know in later versions there's an option to automatically empty the deleted items folder on exit - check in tools | options? Sorry I don't have the program here to check. Thomas Schuy wrote: > I need a tip / Utility for a way (registry hack) to set > Outlook 97 to automatically empty deleted mail by leaving > Outlook 9...

attachments.......
Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. Thanks, Crank down the internal message size limits to a value that makes sense to you. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:03:07 -0500, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I >am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. > > >Thanks, > > ...

Have to scroll to see full list of attachments in Outlook 2007?
A colleague of mine keeps sending me HTML emails in Outlook with multiple attachments, but the full list of attachments does not appear all at once on the screen. There is a scroll bar on the FAR right next to the attachments, and you have to scroll down through the list of attachments to see all of the attachments (I can send a screen shot to better explain this). So for example, if an email has four attachments, I only see the first three on the screen, and then I have to scroll down to see the fourth attachment. This is very confusing as I can easily "miss" an attach...

print out messages with list of attachments
Hello there, when printing out a message/email in full, how do I get outlook t print the list of attachments? Cheers, Wi ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com found it in the newsgroups :-) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821840 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

some inbound mails get stopped at Exchange IMS server
Hello, I hope someone can help me understand this dilema. My environment: . A relay (running Sendmail on Linux) sits on DMZ, called RELAY1 . A MS exchange 5.5 IMS server, called SERVER1 . A MS exchange 5.5 mailbox server called SERVER2 Automatically generated emails from a website are sent to our users after they filled out information at the website. The problem is that my users don't received the mail. I investigated and saw that although the message entered our relay RELAY1, then SERVER1, it didn't get delivered to the mailbox server SERVER2. When I did a "Mess...

remove attachment on reply
Some how I have set my outlook to save the replying email as an atachment and I would prefer it just be in the text form like before. Apparently I changed something or hit something that did this and I wold like to fix it. To delete attachments from messages in Outlook: Double-click on the desired message to open it in its own window. Click on the attachment you want to remove with the right mouse button. Select Remove from the menu. Close the message window. Click OK in the Do you want to save changes? dialog. calender, items, reaccuring, wrote: >Some how I have set my...

.xls attachment
Hi, can anyone help me? I'm quite new to the whole computer/techno life and have been trying for over 2 hours to find what I want! A friend has sent an e-mail with an attachment which has a .xls file extension. However I try, I am unable to open the attachment. I've downloaded various software at 'my machine's' recommendation including a works conversion thing for Word but still no luck. I hope it's something really simple which can be sorted by someone with a bit of a clue but I'm starting to get tied up in knots. I wouldn't mind but the attachment soun...

windows mail error 07-11-10
I just recently had a error opening mail - one or more parts could not be displayed, then after ok, there is an error opening this message, not enough memory to display. I went with the previous help and removed my norton 2009 virus protection, saved my email folders, and did removal of procedure of registory and files in mail foder. Upon reboot have same issue, the welcome to windows mail will not open also. I have vista 64 SP2. Any help to correct mail program problem appreciated. Did you run the Norton crud removal utility? http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgen...