Attach to ACT contact(s) ? on opening of Outlook

I get the following error when I start Outlook,  How can
I get rid of it? I have opened ACT(contact manager)and it
still appears.

Error is:   You must run ACT at least once before you can
use this feature.

Version is 2002 with sp-2

Thanks

Bill
0
anonymous (74717)

Outlook express closes when switching between users?
Hi, When I switch between users on Outlook Express...it just closes down and I cannot relaunch it unless I reboot? I have Windows XP Home, HP PC and I updated all the IE and Outlook things that the tech people told me to...still it does this about every 4th time I switch between users...any assistance is apprecaited. Thanks! Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=Internet...

How can I erase contacts in TO bar
Hi All, When I writte the first letter in TO bar, a few possibilities of contacts is appearing... how can I erase some of them, that were wrong, to aboid any other confusion? I mean, something like when you delete explorer history... then... How can I erase this history contacts?? Thks a lot for your help When the contact pops-up, highlight it with your arrow keys on your keyboard and press Delete. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msout...

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

Printing

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

Make Outlook Express default mail server
I have been using Outlook Express and like it fine. I updated virus protection and clicked to have Outlook as my default mail server--not realizing that Outlook and Outlook Express were different. How can I get Outlook Express back as default? -- Kathy Salem, OR Control Panel->Internet Options->Programs tab. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, ktfern asked: | I have bee...

DTS on Exchange 2003 and Out 2002; if I run MSEXTMZ on Exch mailbox server, do I need to run Outlook tool on client?
If I understand correctly, there is an Exchange Time Zone Update tool (MSEXTMZ.exe). I should run this one against the Exchange mailbox servers. If I run the MSEXTMZ.exe too on Exchange, I no longer need to execute the Outlook update tool on my Out 2002 and Out 2003 clients?! From reading the info below, that's my understanding: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930879/ About the Exchange tool After you install the DST updates for Microsoft Windows and for Exchange Server, all old appointments that occur during the DST change periods will be incorrectly displayed as occurring one hour ...

Open Sharepoint in Windows (7) Explorer?
Hi, In Windows XP I'm able to open Sharepoint directories in my Windows Explorer. Is this possible Windows 7? Abel Yes, it is possible and perhaps coincidentally, works for me. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 08/02/10 09:02, Abel MacAdam wrote: > Hi, > > In Windows XP I'm able to open Sharepoint directories in my Windows > Explorer. Is this possible Windows 7? > > Abel ...

Outlook very very slow
Suddenly Outlook 2000 takes a long time to load and any emails take a very long time to open. I've sent myself test emails with nothing more than a word but I have to wait quite a while before they open. I can't think of anything that changed or might have caused this program to crawl. I uninstalled Outlook and then installed it again but have the same problem. Any ideas? If you have Norton AV there is an acknowledged problem with a recent update Other than that try the repair option David "Celia Falzone" <cfalzone@inu.net> wrote in message news:e8HyC8l1DHA.832...

Public Folders Contacts.
Microsoft Exchange 2003 Server Standard Edition We use our public folders as a costumer base and we have about 15,000 contact. We noticed that when doing searches by using the conventianal "Find" button located in the outlook 2003 toolbar, the search would be painfully slow and the CPU usage on the server would sky rocket for about 2 minutes. After many months of waiting, we received a solution from Microsoft located below. Now the conventional way of doing serches works like a charm, conversely we now encounter an additional problem. The advanced find feature (Which we use ...

Open a report in a different mdb
If this is possible, how would I do it using "DoCmd.OpenReport"? Dim appAccess As Access.Application Set appAccess = New Access.Application appAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase "C:\Folder\File.mdb" appAccess.DoCmd.OpenReport "NameOfReport" Once you're done with the report, you need appAccess.CloseCurrentDatabase appAccess.Quit Set appAccess = Nothing -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JimP" <j_pockmire@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ZeGdnVeYY9Vbz...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

Oulook 2000 Blocking Attachments! Reposted
Hi ONG, I am running Ms-Outlook 2000 Service pack 3, on a Windows pro 2000 Service pack 4. Standalone machine. Recently my mail client has been blocking my email attachments, i have received two replies from the newsgroup describing Level1 security in Outlook, also a link to a site containing all the releative information regarding the subject. But no matter what i try Outlook still wont allow the access to the attachment. I created the new Key and the necessary String Value, i have even tried to use the ( . ) character before the file ext, also i have tried it without the ( .) character, no...

How to Find the Message that contained The Attachment of a Known File-Name.
Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003 to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name? I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one mailbox. Regards, AndyH If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility server-side. From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though. "AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au&g...

MAPILab NNTP for Outlook
Does this program work with Putlook 2007? Is it any good? Does it work as well as Outlook Expess? http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/nntp/ Cheers. ss. I doubt very much if even the Outlook gurus have tried that yet, but you might ask the question in an Outlook newsgroup to see if someone knows: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook.Calendaring news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook.configuration news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook.Contacts news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outl...

opening a Microsoft PowerPoint Slideshow
my 2003 Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer will open the slides but will not access the music. how do i access the music? How did you receive the PowerPoint presentation? Via email? Perhaps the person sending the presentation to you did not embed the music. The creator of the presentation must make sure that audio file is a .wav in order to embed it in your ppt. Sandy "robert" wrote: > my 2003 Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer will open the slides but will not access > the music. how do i access the music? ...

attachments do not forward
I want to forward e-mails which come to me with attachments. I want these attachments to forward along with the message and they do not. How can I make this happen? Is there a setting to enable this? ...

Outlook 2003 deleting messages from server but not delivering them
I just started using Outlook 2003 and am experiencing several issues that MS Support (naturally) claims to be the responsibility of my POP server or the ISP. Since I host my own mail server using ADSL, there is no ISP. The application is called Vpop3 and I've been using it for years with no problems, such as described below. Support refused to provide me with ANY evidence to substantiate their assertion and simply said, "we have internal technotes" and "I checked with senior techs...they all say the problems your having are because of a protocol issue with your mail server&...

HELP
When i'm on Outlook, how can i know which user account i use? but when i start Microsoft CRM, i know which user i am because i must log in! Could you tell me, what is the problem? I wish you understand what i said Thanks to reply ------=_NextPart_0001_42E90E06 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi and thanks for posting your question. When you launch Outlook, it will use the credentials that you use to log on to the computer. This will be a domain account, not a local machine account. When Outlook is launched for the first time, it will create a profile fo...

Workbooks.open is not working
Hi, can anyone open my eyes on this strange problem: I need to open a workbook on the fly to be able to read data from it via VBA. This piece of code is working while on a button called via click: Sub Schaltfl=E4che2_KlickenSieAuf() Workbooks.Open ("C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\name\Desktop \Prototyp fuer Michael\Test2.xlsm") End Sub This piece is NOT working in a VBA module called with the formula update in a cell : Public Function Dateiopen() Dim temp As Workbook Set temp =3D Workbooks.Open("C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\name \Desktop\...

Meeting room booking conflicts in Exchange 2000 \ Outlook XP problem #2
Hi, We have a Citrix based Windows 2000 domain, running Exchange 2000 server and Outlook XP client. Meeting rooms are booked in our organistaion through an Outlook calendar (one for each room). This is done in the following way: The user creates a new appointment in Outlook The 'add others' buttons is depressed. Users are invited via the address books 'required' and 'optional' buttons, while the room is selected through the 'resources' buttons. The user pres...

Editing attachments in Outlook XP
If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in the email? Has anyone ever seen it not save the edits at all? It may be in a secure folder under the Temporary Internet Folder as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296115 "DonnaC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052d01c3be9b$44ebd3a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make > edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in > the email? > Has anyone ever seen it...

download images at the open of an .xls sheet
Hello to all (I apologize for my english, but I am italian). I have a question. Well ... I have a .xls sheet (a price-list) in which the various rows are description of items. Then description in in colum C are the description of the items and in the colum D there are the images. line). I want to make sure that when I open the xls sheet, instead of figures, that I have change with an hyperlink (for example www.ditta.it/fig.54), automatically is connected to the Internet and it appear relative picture in the cell. Or instead of connecting to the internet, it find the picture in a dicre...

Where's Pegterm.exe?
Hello, My intention is to add a terminal programm (executable pegterm.exe) to the image. I checked the "Terminal emulator" catalog item and rebuilt the solution. But, there's no pegterm.exe included in my image. How can I solve this? Thanks in advance. 1) Check the sysgen variable in sysgensettings.out file in the following dir. \WINCE600\OSDesigns\<your osdesign>\<your osdesign>\Wince600\<BSP name_archtecture name> 2) Check the pegterm.exe in ce.bib in your OSDesign release folder. if it is there then check it in your device's \wi...