Attach file vs insert file

I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2,
Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email
(adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the
file into the body of the email.

Any suggestions?

0
speaker910 (16)

TOP wrote:
> I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2,
> Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email
> (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the
> file into the body of the email.
>
> Any suggestions?

Your user is using Rich text for the email format - change it to plain
text or html....
0
gbplinux (1141)
3/16/2007 5:55:49 PM
Change the message format from rich text to HTML or plain text.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"TOP" <speaker910@hotmail.com> wrote in message =
>I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 =
SP2,=20
> Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the =
email=20
> (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting =
the=20
> file into the body of the email.
>=20
> Any suggestions?
>=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

insert a row in a protected sheet
hello out there, does anyone know in excel. how do insert a row in a protected sheet without unprotecting the sheet. i have a document where i do not want the formula to be touched in no way form or fashion but i would like my users to constantly add or delete information as they occur and the only way to do this is by inserting or deleting a row to enter information. thanking you all in advance for your continued help. thank you, rennoyinc ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! Free Support at http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/ ** Which versio...

Printing

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

insert pictures
in PPT 2007 when I insert pictures the pictures come sized small and do not cover the whlole slide area or the place holder any idea why?? Thanx as always Well, how many pixels do the pictures have? -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "afdmello" <afdmello@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eLGS5A9ALHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > in PPT 2007 when I in...

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

Oulook 2000 Blocking Attachments! Reposted
Hi ONG, I am running Ms-Outlook 2000 Service pack 3, on a Windows pro 2000 Service pack 4. Standalone machine. Recently my mail client has been blocking my email attachments, i have received two replies from the newsgroup describing Level1 security in Outlook, also a link to a site containing all the releative information regarding the subject. But no matter what i try Outlook still wont allow the access to the attachment. I created the new Key and the necessary String Value, i have even tried to use the ( . ) character before the file ext, also i have tried it without the ( .) character, no...

How to Find the Message that contained The Attachment of a Known File-Name.
Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003 to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name? I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one mailbox. Regards, AndyH If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility server-side. From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though. "AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au&g...

Lotus 123 files
Hi everyone, I'm trying to open a Lotus 123 file in Excel 2002, that a person emailed to me as an attachment. I get the following message: "Cannot open Lotus 123 file." Does anyone know if Excel 2002 can open Lotus 123 files? If so, is there a conversion utility? Thanks in advance, Joe If you know someone with a recent version of 1-2-3 you can ask him or her to open the .123 file and save it in .WK4 format or .XLS format for you. Otherwise I think your only option is to get Conversions Plus from www.dataviz.com. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP Thanks Jim >-----Original M...

attachments do not forward
I want to forward e-mails which come to me with attachments. I want these attachments to forward along with the message and they do not. How can I make this happen? Is there a setting to enable this? ...

Editing attachments in Outlook XP
If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in the email? Has anyone ever seen it not save the edits at all? It may be in a secure folder under the Temporary Internet Folder as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296115 "DonnaC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052d01c3be9b$44ebd3a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make > edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in > the email? > Has anyone ever seen it...

Printing a pdf file
If I create a document at home using Publisher 2007 with a specific font style, and go to work and try to print it there when the Publisher 2007 installed at work does not have the same font I have at home, will it change my font style, and if so, can I save it as a pdf file and still be able to print it at work without having the font style changed at work. I prefer the font style I have at home, but I have to use the work printer which prints huge posters. Thank you for any help you can give me. Or, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can accomplish this? Glory If you (or a...

attachments.......
Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. Thanks, Crank down the internal message size limits to a value that makes sense to you. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:03:07 -0500, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I >am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. > > >Thanks, > > ...

print out messages with list of attachments
Hello there, when printing out a message/email in full, how do I get outlook t print the list of attachments? Cheers, Wi ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com found it in the newsgroups :-) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821840 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

File storage
Where and how are the files stored in the crm database for a note attachment, I need to download the file for a certain event and save it in a folder on machine without the download dialog box appearing. is it the version column of annotationbase where i only see binary,how do i query database in this case ,I am unable to do through the howto method of downloading ...

Have to scroll to see full list of attachments in Outlook 2007?
A colleague of mine keeps sending me HTML emails in Outlook with multiple attachments, but the full list of attachments does not appear all at once on the screen. There is a scroll bar on the FAR right next to the attachments, and you have to scroll down through the list of attachments to see all of the attachments (I can send a screen shot to better explain this). So for example, if an email has four attachments, I only see the first three on the screen, and then I have to scroll down to see the fourth attachment. This is very confusing as I can easily "miss" an attach...

enter time into file for a time sheet
how can I enter the time automatically into a cell. perhaps a macro. hilte the cell and hit your macro or enter? I want to round the time to the nearest 1/4 hour. I also want to be able to override the automatic function The quick way to enter current time is Ctrl plus the colon (date is Ctrl plus semi-colon) but this doesn't round to the nearest 15 minutes. I think there is an add-in that would do that as a worksheet function. Here is a subroutine that might do what you want: Sub RndToQtrHr() Dim currMin As Long Dim M As Long Dim plusHour As Boolean currMin = Minute(Time) plusHour = ...

Backup program that doesn't change the file structure
Not sure if anyone or myself asked this before but I'm looking for a backup program that will copy and update modified files to another location without putting them in some proprietary file format. ntbackup from XP makes some file called .bkf and other programs seem to create their own type of files. If I have 300 files in 22 folders that I'm backing up from drive C: I want to see 300 files in 22 folders in the backup location after its done. Is this even possible? Basically a mirror of the existing data. "Gary Gary" <blah@blah.blah> wro...

Organization of files
In the next several weeks, I expect to complete my first windows application, built primarily with C++ in MFC. I will have hundreds of image files across various categories by subject matter, and probably several thousand small, compressed audio files organized in a number of ways. By nature and profession, I am very organized. But I need help in understanding what factors to consider in regard to using multiple folders in my release directory, and how to decide what resource files to possibly include in the exe itself. Is there such a thing as too many files in one directory? Is i...

remove attachment on reply
Some how I have set my outlook to save the replying email as an atachment and I would prefer it just be in the text form like before. Apparently I changed something or hit something that did this and I wold like to fix it. To delete attachments from messages in Outlook: Double-click on the desired message to open it in its own window. Click on the attachment you want to remove with the right mouse button. Select Remove from the menu. Close the message window. Click OK in the Do you want to save changes? dialog. calender, items, reaccuring, wrote: >Some how I have set my...

.xls attachment
Hi, can anyone help me? I'm quite new to the whole computer/techno life and have been trying for over 2 hours to find what I want! A friend has sent an e-mail with an attachment which has a .xls file extension. However I try, I am unable to open the attachment. I've downloaded various software at 'my machine's' recommendation including a works conversion thing for Word but still no luck. I hope it's something really simple which can be sorted by someone with a bit of a clue but I'm starting to get tied up in knots. I wouldn't mind but the attachment soun...

imap VS persoanl sent items folder
My emails sent from my 'imap' account are copied to the sent items folder in the personal folder. Why they are not copied to the sent items folder of the 'imap' folder? exciter <t24680@hotmail.com> wrote: > My emails sent from my 'imap' account > are copied to the sent items folder in the personal folder. > Why they are not copied to the sent items folder of the > 'imap' folder? Sent Items are always stored in the delivery location's Sent Items folder. If you want Sent Items stored in an IMAP folder, you have to use a rule to copy t...

Bulk Extract Embedded Files
Word 2003 on XP Is there a way to extract embedded files all in one go? Like the image file extraction process described in http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm but for embedded files? Many thanks DeanH Found the following for extracting embedded word files. Haven't tried it though. Sub ExtractFiles() ' ' ExtractFiles Macro ' ' Dim shape As InlineShape Dim folderName As String Dim a As Document folderName = Replace(ThisDocument.Name, ".", "_") MkDir folderName For Each shape In ThisDocument.InlineShapes ...

Outlooks Attachments
when i attach any attachments in a new e-mail they attach in the writing plane and thus cant be opened by my friends. If i reply the attachments go in the right place - on the subject bar. HELP PLEASE!! change your message format to plain text or html, you're using RTF right now. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outl...