Assign a task from a Public Folder to another user

Hello,

I am trying to organize a large scale tasks tickler system where
everyone can view the master task list and where senior managers can
can assign tasks to subordinates.

My first approach was to create the task folder in a public folder.
Much to my dismay there doesn't seem to be any way to assign the task
to another user and still monitor the task in the master public folder
task list.  First there was no "assign task" command on the toolbar.
After adding the "assign task" icon I discovered that the task was
added to my personal task list vice the master task list.

My next approach was to create a dedicated master task list as a new
task list in my profile and give senior manager authority to edit and
everyone else authority to view.  Again to my dismay the tracking and
status defualts to my personnal task list vice the new task folder I
created.

I am thinking my only option is to try to creat a new profile called
Command Task List and try to use it to assign and track task.  I
suppose I would have to assign deletates just like in my own personal
folder.

Questions:  Can a Public Folder task list be configure such that
persons with the right permissions can assign tasks and those task are
tracked and monitored in the Public Folder task list?

Is there a better way?

Thanks

0
gmaxey1 (27)

In native Outlook (ie without add-ins) the only way I have found that works
is to make a new Mailbox (we call it Project Team X) and then make Tasks
from there.  All team members (if you set the permissions right) can see
each others' work that relates to the project.  When new Tasks are made they
must be assigned from Project Team X to the actual user who will do the
work!

Show the Tasks folder in the Detailed list view and add the Owner field to
show who's working on each Task.

Judy Gleeson  - MVP Outlook
Acorn Training and Consulting
Canberra, Australia

see what Outlook training can do to improve productivity:
www.acorntraining.com.au/pdfdocs/ProductivITwithOutlook.pps

www.acorntraining.com.au/productivit.htm

"Greg" <gmaxey@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to organize a large scale tasks tickler system where
> everyone can view the master task list and where senior managers can
> can assign tasks to subordinates.
>
> My first approach was to create the task folder in a public folder.
> Much to my dismay there doesn't seem to be any way to assign the task
> to another user and still monitor the task in the master public folder
> task list.  First there was no "assign task" command on the toolbar.
> After adding the "assign task" icon I discovered that the task was
> added to my personal task list vice the master task list.
>
> My next approach was to create a dedicated master task list as a new
> task list in my profile and give senior manager authority to edit and
> everyone else authority to view.  Again to my dismay the tracking and
> status defualts to my personnal task list vice the new task folder I
> created.
>
> I am thinking my only option is to try to creat a new profile called
> Command Task List and try to use it to assign and track task.  I
> suppose I would have to assign deletates just like in my own personal
> folder.
>
> Questions:  Can a Public Folder task list be configure such that
> persons with the right permissions can assign tasks and those task are
> tracked and monitored in the Public Folder task list?
>
> Is there a better way?
>
> Thanks

0
judy (62)
9/1/2005 4:58:24 AM
Judy

Thanks, I will see if the NMCI network folks will let me do this.

Greg.

0
gmaxey1 (27)

Limitation / performance of search folders in Outlook 2003 ?
Hi!! Exists any limitation with the fearch folders in Outlook 2003? something like the 32 K rule limitation? whats about the performance with the fearch folder? (I heard it's slow when you work with a Microsoft Exchange 2003 Server!?) regards, gicio ...

Outlook 2003: How to show multiple task lists?
Does anyone know if it is possible to show multiple task lists (i.e. a personal list and a work-related list) side by side in the task list view by default? It's simple in the calendar to show two calendars simultaneously, and it seems completely ridiculous not to include the same functionality in the task list view. Any help would be appreciated. No, but you can use the right click on the additional task list you want to display and select "Open in new window" - then resize your windows to show them side by side. Why would one want to show task lists in the same way as cal...

assign a shortcut key in access
I want to assign a shortcut key in a form like when a user presses CTRL+S a code should run like Go To Control combo1 and me.combo1.dropdwon any way to do this? You need to yous the AutoKeys macro. Here's a very good explanation of how to do that! http://www22.brinkster.com/accessory/macros/002.shtml -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200707/1 missinglinq via AccessMonster.com wrote: > You need to yous the AutoKeys macro. Here&...

Assigning values from a sheet to an array
Can anyone explain why I get a runtime error with the code below.MANY THANKS! Option Explicit Option Base 1 Sub testing3() Dim Vt() As Double Dim j As Long Dim i As Long ReDim Preserve Vt(1 To 40) For i = 1 To 40 j = Int(Rnd() * 1100) Vt(i) = Worksheets("data").Cells(1, j) Next i End Sub ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Because j is greater than 256, the maximum number of columns in Excel. Alan Beban Ann...

Public Folder Send As Permissions for Security DL on Exch 2000 SP3
Hi, I want to be able to allow my Mail Enabled Security Groups the permission to do a 'send as' from a mail-enabled public folder. I have done this successfully with a user account, but for administration's sake I'd like to be able to do this by a group instead. When I remove the user permissions and add in a Security Group that includes that user, I cannot do the same function. There hasn't been much on the Internet about it so I'm wondering if I am an isolated case versus a design function or bug. Please help! Server: Exchange 2000 SP3 Build 6249.4 Client...

task input panel
My Task Input Panel is missing on the To-Do Bar. It shows my tasks...but the input area is missing. You mean the "Type a new task" line? Right click on the top column and choose Custom...-> Other Settings...-> enable: Show "new item" row. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "L White" <L White@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Can't Add or disable a user
I am using CRM 4.0 and I have run into an issue when I am trying to add a new user. I get the standard "An Error has occured" error message. I enabled the trace log and it says something about an invalid value for a parameter called sddlForm. I have no idea what it is talking about. I have copied the trace information below. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. [2009-09-23 08:54:38.1] Process: w3wp |Organization:8be46f53-4e3e-4c01-b75e-8c9f092b27f0 |Thread: 1 |Category: Platform |User: ea97457f-c303-4425-917a-6b2e117b0228 |Level: Error | MessageProcessor.Execute &...

Created Timesheets Display "Non-Clickable" tasks
Hello. In My Timesheet, tasks are supposed to be “clickable” and the user should be able to drill down to the details. We have noticed that for some projects, they are not able to do so anymore for timesheets created in the past. Non clickable tasks are in a powder blue color, clickable tasks are in a dark blue color and will look like a hyperlink. Can someone explain why this is and how to correct the situation? Also, can submnitted and approved time within My Tasks be removed? The task history shows that the resource submitted something, but the history shows a blank li...

Can't Synch folders in Outlook 2003
I have a user using Outlook 2003 and trying to synch his Exchange 2000 mailbox to a laptop for the first time. Prior to the laptop, the user had a desktop so he never used offline folders. His mailbox is around 1.9GB in size. He is not able to synch the folders and keeps getting the message below. With some troubleshooting, we determined that its just related to this user. We are consistently getting the same error message either right from the start, or partly through the synch process. If anyone has any clue as to what could be causing this, I would really appreciate it. 11:51:36 S...

No "Assign Macro"
In the Excel help files it indicates that you can execute a pre-recorded macro from a command button. It states to first record the macro, then create the button, then right click on the button to get the shortcut menu and choose Assign Macro. I have tried this in both Excel 97 and Excel 2002 and in both cases I do not have any such item as "Assign Macro". Am I missing something If not by this elusive shortcut menu item, how can I assign the pre recorded macro through code? Aaron, It may be that your working with a command button from the "Control Toolbox" instead of...

Recurring Task Problem
I've set up a recurring Task in Project to reflect our daily sync meeting, 1 hour a day for 4 months. The pertinent details are below: Duration: 1hr Recurrence Pattern: Daily, Every 1 workday Range of Recurrence: Start: Thu 1/7/10, End by: Fri 5/7/10 Calendar: Standard, Scheduling ignores resource calendars The problem is that each person invited to this morning meeting is now assigned 689h of Work time from this task alone. On the advice of another person on this board, I set each meeting to Fixed Duration of 1hr each, but this had no effect on the 689 hours. Can anyon...

Shorcut to Public Calendar "Access is Denied" (Syntax?)
Hello, I am trying to create a link to our public calendar. When I run "outlook:Public Folders\All Public Folders\Staff" Outlook opens but then I get: Internet Explorer Script Error Line: 298 Char: 1 Error: Access is denied URL: outlook:Public Folders\All Public Folders\Staff -or- If I use the command: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\outlook.exe" /select outlook:Public Folders\All Public Folders\Staff I get a dialog box that says: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to display the selected folder or item. Is there a problem with the way I'm...

Public Folder woes with Outlook 2003
I am having a problem seeing Public Folders while using Outlook 2003. There are no problems when using Outlooks 2000 or XP. Here's the scenario. I have 3 exchange servers (ServerA, ServerB, ServerC), all running Exchange 2000 SP3. ServerA was the first server in the domain. The public folders are set up to replicate to all servers. The users who have mailboxes on ServerA can see the Public Folders using all editions of Outlook, including 2003. The users who have mailboxes on ServerB & ServerC can see the Pubic Folder tree but cannot view any items within. The error message states th...

Serial Numbers auto assigned
S/N are being auto assigned when the SOP Setup Options DO NOT have "auto-assign serial numbers" marked. We do NOT want to use a separate fulfillment process. Up until a few months ago, everything was fine. Now, when a PO item, assigned to a sales line item comes in, the s/n is autoassigned. How can I get this to go back the way it was? Below is the way we have had our SOP set up for eight years - why has it changed? Set-up>SOP>ORDER Allocate by: Doc/Batch X Transfer Order to BO / Transfer Order to Invoice Options: X Allow repeating documents _ Use Separate Fulfil...

I am unable to use some of the Quick Publications
I am using XP and Publisher 2000. When I try to open some of the Quick Publications and use the wizard I can see the selected item flash on the screen then it defaults to a blank sheet and the following message appears. Publisher cannot complete the operation I have tried the detect and repair procedure several times now and still cannot get to the available publications. The following article addresses the Clip Gallery, it also has information about the Pubwiz Folder. It wouldn't hurt to replace the Pubwiz, follow the instructions in the article. PUB2000: Error Messa...

Users not on global address book
I have had some problems with users not being added to the global address book. I have gone in and checked their accounts to make sure they didn't have the option of hide from address book checked. It also happens on some contacts. Some times if I delete them and add them back in, it works ok but lately I have had 4 that I just can't get to come up. Any ideas? Harry Poorman hpoorman@psu.edu Are you using Outlook 2003 Cached Mode clients? (Typically resolved by regenerating Offline Address Book and having clients download the complete OAB). http://www.exchangepedia.com/blog/...

How do I get the files to show up on task bar individually?
I used to have each file that I open up show up in the task bar. Somehow I turned that off and would like to turn it back on. Anyone know how to do this? Tools / Options / View / Windows In Taskbar HTH, Gary Brown >-----Original Message----- >I used to have each file that I open up show up in the task bar. Somehow I >turned that off and would like to turn it back on. Anyone know how to do >this? >. > ...

No Assigned Licenses
We have a total of 5 licenses. However only three users can access the CRM applications. If any other user tries to access the application we get an error message stating No Assigned Licenses Any suggestions? Thanks. Matthew You have to actually go assign the users licenses with the CRM, Log in to CRM as administrator, Click Settings from the Left menu, Click Business Unit Settings, Click users, Click the user you want to assign a license to, then from the popup click license from the left menu, Click Manage Licenses and add a license to that user. Just to warn you do not remove the l...

Public Folder Directory Name Attribute
Can you edit the directory name attribute of a public folder in Exchange 2003? ...

Reminder for synchronized tasks
Hi, when i create a task in CRM and synch my desktop client, the task is listed in outlook. Well, but there is no reminder for that kind of tasks! We have the same problem, when assigning task to other CRM-users and here it is absolutely necessary! Is this normal behaviour of the system? Can anyone help me? Michael I've seen where every task synced to Outlook from CRM has a reminder of 8 AM, but I haven't seen a case of no reminder. Does this always happen for you? -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Mi...

How to restore Archived files/folder in Outlook 2003?
I wish to read some old E-mail that has been archived and after reading the MS help on the subject, I am not sure how to best do this, I don't wish to permanently restore all the previous e-mail or damage the present list. TIA Peter S. Then you can't. There is no "read acrchive" feature. You have to import the archive. "LPS-AU" <lps_softw@westnet.com.au> wrote in message news:%23rb4KrMVIHA.4140@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I wish to read some old E-mail that has been archived and after reading the >MS help on the subject, I am not sure how to be...

How to copy documents using links from excel to web folder
Hi All, We have a web application containing documents and each document has its own link. An excel sheet is having all document names and their links as separate columns. Now, the requirement is to copy all the documents using their links from excel to a particular folder in the web application. I would like to know what all are the possible solutions of this requirement? Or if there is any script available to do this, it would be great. Many Thanks, Atiya. Guys, Can anyone help me with this please? Thanks, Atiya. "Naaz" wrote: > Hi All, > ...

Exchange Task Permission Help
I would like to know if it possible to have a "Task Administrator". Basically I would like to have a mailbox or taskbox named "TaskBox" which I could create and assign Tasks with, but I need to be able to edit the Tasks once created.... Currently I can create tasks, but I cannot edit them at all. So I'm stuck in a bind... Any suggestions greatly appreciated!! Thanks!! -chad ...

Outlook 2007 Inbox Folder Missing
User is running Server 2003 and Office 2007. When he launches Outlook 2007 he has no "Inbox" in his "All Mail Items" list, which is under Mailbox - User Name. Using OWA it doesn't show up there either. He can get to it by launching Outlook and going to the "Outlook Today" page and clicking on "Inbox". He can send and receive. Any ideas? <rwright142@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1192554314.689256.121850@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com... Hello rwright142, > User is running Server 2003 and Office 2007. When he launches Outlook &g...

How to move directories from public folders to file systems
We need to move directories & their contents from within the public folders out to the file system? Is there a quick and easy way to move the directory and contents? Moving each file is time consuming. Thanks The M drive can be helpful in this case. But before you enable it be aware that this is highly discouraged by MS due to risk of store corruption. If you do use the M drive limit yourself to COPY operations do not MOVE or DELETE stuff. Leave DELETE to Outlook or OWA. Ok if you still want to use the M drive. You will probably need to re-enable the mapping. If something goes wro...