Assiging Tasks via the POP mailboxes under Outlook 2002 & 2003

Hi,

We've been trying to assign Tasks to each other (2 people)
via POP Mailboxes.

The assigning seems fine, but when a TRask is assigned
back and forward several times we both end up with
multiple Tasks... the most recently Accepted one, plus
ealier versions which remain as "Waiting Response from
Assignee".

What are we missing?

ps. I did read in these discussions that we both need to
have RTF format selected which we both do have.
0
anonymous (74718)

Sharing tasks, group task list
I have a team of account people who assign tasks to a production team. I want to create a shared task list that I (and others) can assign tasks to my team that also updates me when progress on the tasks has been made (ex. marked complete). I know I can do this from my personal task list, but is there a way to have a shared task list where items can be assigned and will also be updated through exchange? Public folders maybe...? Using Outlook 2003 on exchange server. Thanks! Chris Set up a shared Mailbox and make Tasks there, Assign them to team members. In that Tasks folder, show t...

How do i set up a Yahoo Outlook Account
I am new to Outlook and i just got the Teacher/Student edition 2003. Is there a way i can link my yahoo account so it will show up on Outlook? is it a paid account or one of the free web-based accounts? if paid, yes, set it up as a pop account - the server information is in yahoo help. if you have the free account type, no. You'd need to use a 3rd party proxy to grab mail. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/SERVICES/online.htm has a list of apps that can be used. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visu...

Permissions on Mailbox
I have a mailbox that needs to be accessed by multiple agents, running two domains, on the domain that the server resides there are no issues agents can add mailbox and view with no issues. What i would like to do is set the account to not be able to change permissions. Is this possible or not and if so how is this done? There is a permission to change permissions. Revoke it or deny explicitly for this account... Regards, Boris "bertmon" <bertmon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72A46B8D-8B9B-4798-8410-C31EDEE94AD1@microsoft.com... > I have a mailbox...

Outlook Macro using SendKeys in OL2007...
Hi, We have a macro that worked great until installed with OL2007. It sends some keys to a custom form to check a few checkboxes, etc. We did add it to the toolbar so we could click it, but it doesn't send the keys any longer. Any ideas? Thanks, Alan http://www.sadevelopment.com Partition Boot Manager and Large Drive Tools utilities! SendKeys is never a good programming solution. In this case, the = keystrokes are probably different. But you really you should be setting = property values using the Outlook object model instead.=20 FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for gene...

Open a reassign task that i originally assign?
Why can't i open a task that i originally assign to a person and was reassign to me. It comes in my mail but i can't open it. I can't even delete it. So i have to drag it to my spam folder. Is there a way i can open a reassign task so i can finish it and complete it? If the person it was assigned to declined it, it would be yours again. Microsoft don't expect the person to accept it, then assign it back to you. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "laresmojica" <laresmojica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36330F24-9A94-4FD1-AC4...

restore outlook popup messages
I closed the outlook popup messages on a users machine yesterday. How can I restore them. Joel Weienr wrote: > I closed the outlook popup messages on a users machine > yesterday. How can I restore them. And what did these "popup messages" say? When did they popup? Were these only for HTML-formatted e-mails and the user foolishly configured Outlook to use the Internet security zone instead of the Restricted Sites security zone (which should be at its High setting)? Are you asking about the new mail alert window? -- _______________________________________________________...

Backing Up Personal Folder in Outlook
I've visited numerous websites regarding backing up my Outlook information (I have Outlook 2002), and they all reference a .pst file. I have searched my computer's entire hard drive, and there is no .pst file on it. I also did as one website suggested and right-clicked on "Outlook Today," then left-clicked on "Properties," then clicked on "Advanced," and the file path and name to which the .pst file is SUPPOSEDLY being saved does not exist (it was C:\Documents and Settings\Robert Burns\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst)...

Outlook add-in?
We are currently using Timesheets and importing into My Tasks. We'll be looking shortly into deploying the Pseudo Tied Mode to streamline the process. Is anyone out there using Timesheets / My Tasks in conjunction with the Outlook Add-In? It was buggy early on (corrupted multi-node outline codes). Are there any trade offs to using it relative to the whole Timesheet/ My Tasks feature/function? We are using 0 hour tasks in some projects to emulate the old "Administrative Projects" that were found in MS Project Server 2003. Any issue with those types of project en...

Outlook 97 with multiple accounts
How do I, setup Outlook 97 under Win XP with 3 e-mail accounts. Each person has there own e-mail address with my ISP service. Everytime I open Outlook under the new persons, Outlook shuts down, producing and error(outlook.exe). thanks in advance Ed ...

Filtering tasks
Hey all, I'm using Outlook 2000 for keeping my todo list, and I have three categories: personal, business, and today. I've realized you can't sort by categories (?!?!!?), and it is a pain to keep going to the options and switching the filter options. So I was hoping I could make three different views (by perhaps making three different tasks icons in the shortcut bar or something) so that each view could be filtered to just the category. Is that possible? thanks Dave how about grouping by categories - you can collapse and expand groups. "Dave" <dlinsa...

Where did word count go in Outlook 2007?
There used to be a feature under Tools that allowed you to count the characters in a highlighted portion of text (similar to the len= formula in Excel). Does anyone know if this is doable in Outlook 2007? Yes, its on the Spelling button at the end of the message ribbon. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRI...

Outlook will not open after clicking Icon
Hello I seem to have mysteriously lost my Outlook connection. When I click on the icon, the hourglass appears for a few seconds, then goes away. Any ideas? Alex Does Outlook start in safe mode? (start | run | type: outlook.exe /safe | ok button) If Outlook 2000 (part of Office 2000), are any of the other applications just quitting right after launch? "Alex" <almo67sf@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:04e401c34fde$df626f10$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hello > > I seem to have mysteriously lost my Outlook connection. > When I click on the icon, the hourglass appea...

Q: Can you migrate from GW Archive to EXCH mailbox?
Hi, As title - I need a quick answer to the Q please - Can you migrate a Groupwise 5.5 Archive into Exchange 5.5 mailbox? We have some to do. The Exchange Migration Wizard seems to work with GW Domains only so is there another tool? Thanks, Elliot ...

Outlook 2000 Customize Today
When I press on the customize outlook today button nothing is happening? I need to customize my outlook today. >-----Original Message----- >When I press on the customize outlook today button nothing >is happening? I need to customize my outlook today. >. >I am experiencing this too....any ideas? Visit: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=820575 for an explanation. >-----Original Message----- >When I press on the customize outlook today button nothing >is happening? I need to customize my outlook today. >. > ...

Task request problem
just put in new computor Dell /XP /Office Pro 03 outlook can not open task requests sent from others When trying to open there is a "cant open this item" error or operation failed:an object could not be found all other computors (outlook 00) can open these. I can send a task request that they can open Any help? Thanks Steveo ...

Creating Outbound Call Camapign and Assiging to end user
I have only just started to use MS CRM 3. I have purchased MS Press 'Working with MS CRM 3' but can't find a resolve for my problem. I am trying to create an outbound campaign for our sales reps to call a selection of of customers with an offer. I create a campaign, create activities for phone call, attach a marketing list previously selected. Set the status to launch. When our sales people log they can see the campaign in there list of activities but the status for them is set to pending. What I was hoping for was when the sales person logged in they would see a list of ca...

unable to connect to Exchange Server via Outlook 2003
I upgraded to Outlook 2003 from Outlook 2000 and can no longer connect to my office Exchange Server (through a VPN). I get a message that the server is unavailable and an error number: 0x8004011D. Everything was working just fine via Outlook 2000. Note: I've seen similar posts and the suggested action was to create a new mail profile. However, I can't "Check Names" for the new profile until I'm successfully connected via Outlook (a Catch 22). Any suggestions? Thanks! - Mike I am having the same problem except I don't have a Microsoft Exchange Server. I need ...

outlook 2002&office 2000
i have outlook 2002 and office 2000 i have been unable to choose word as my email editor because it tells me both outlook and office verisons must match. is there someway around this compatibility problems? (other than upgrading office to 2002?) any assistance or suggestions you can offer would be most appreciated. pamela Tools, options, mail format. N "pamela" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0cae01c3d541$9c2a1520$a601280a@phx.gbl... > i have outlook 2002 and office 2000 > i have been unable to choose word as my email editor > beca...

Monitor tasks
Hi everyone Does anyone have any spreadsheet suggestions that can be used for monitoring tasks in excel? I am looking for something that will flag when tasks are due etc conditional formatting etc I have ms project however i am using excel as a high level to manage multiple ms projects. You would probably need to automate MS Project from Excel. You might want to ask this question in a MS Project newsgroup, for example microsoft.public.project.vba. HTH, JP On Feb 7, 5:33=A0pm, "angelaperci...@yahoo.co.uk" <angelaperci...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Hi everyone > Does anyone ...

Stability problems with Outlook 2003 beta 2
Anyone had any problems? it just keeps crashing on me every 1-2 minutes and re-install etc has no effect :( Any suggestions? Ian. Did you install the business contact manager? (this piece causes issues for outlook 2003 beta 2) -- Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Ian" <ian@x-generation.co.uk> wrote in message news:029201c3969a$70c8e590$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone had any problems? it just keeps crashing on me > every 1-2 minutes and re-install etc has no effect :( Any > suggestions? > > Ian. How do ...

Contact fields don't show data on Task View.
Hello, I have task that are linked back to contacts by the contact field at the bottom right corner of the task entry form. The problem is when I am in the task view screen and try to add any field from the contact screen like company name,contact phone number using the field chooser. It drops the field on the view but never has any data in it. Is there a way to do this? Outlook 2003 Windows XP Pro Thanks, -- gambit Those fields aren't available on Tasks. Just because you link a contact to a task, it doesn't mean the rest of the contact fields are linked to the task or visib...

Tasks not showing reminders
Using Outlook 2003 and my Tasks always opened with a little box to advise me when something was due. This function seems to have ceased and the reminder never shows. Can someone please give me some advice as to what might have happened? Windows XP. Thanks so much. Did you try View, Reminders? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-RE...

Customize Outlook Today #20
When I click on Customize Outlook Today nothing happens. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office and it still doesn't work. I have also installed all current updates. Any suggestions??? "Jessica" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:01f701c3ad3a$100705f0$a301280a@phx.gbl: > When I click on Customize Outlook Today nothing happens. > I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office and it still > doesn't work. I have also installed all current > updates. Any suggestions??? > OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Ins...

Question about creating a group mailbox
Hey, I am wanting to create a mailbox that multiple people will be able to access. When we were on exchange 5.5 I could just create a mailbox and assign me as the owner. I would then give access to the other people to view the folders and they would add the mailbox so they could view it in outlook. Since we have upgraded to exchange 2003 it doesnt seem to allow me to assign myself to own multiple mailboxes. I could just add a user and create the mailbox, but I am trying to get around creating a user that we do not need. Any help would be great. Thanks In Exchang...

Setting macro to toolbar+assigment of hotkeys
2 questions 1) How is it possible to create macro affecting to all templates (like in word on normal.dot) 2) How is it possible to place the macro shortcut on toolbar and assign shortkey to it (like in word) I tried to do this as I often do in word, but is does not work... Please help ...