arrange by date problem in 2003?

Hi,

I have a simple problem, i think, but i can't find the solution in the
help or on the net, so maybe someone in this group can help me out ...

I don't like the arrange by date grouping that seems to be te default
in Outlook 2004, but when i disable this for a message folder, the
default setting seems to be reset every month or so ... Is there a way
to disable this settinh once  (view->arrange by-> show in groups off)
and for all, preferably for all folders at once?

Thanks, Gertjan

0
gvheijst (1)

See this: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm
--
Brian Tillman
0

xp to 2003
I recently started upgrading or PC's from Office XP to Office 2003. In office XP an Outlook icon was placed on the desktop. By right clicking and going to properties you could created different profiles and have access to the data files. This icon doesn't appear when I installed 2003. How do get to these features. I have a users whose profile is messed up. I just want to blow it away and recreate it. Go to Control Panel-> Mail -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstr...

Date order
I would like to use Excel for my accounts I only need four columns headed....date....description......fee and expenses I would like a heading for each month and then be able to dive into a pile of receipts/invoices for that month and enter the description of what its for then the amount At the end of inputting that months data I would like to then sort them out into date order How can I do this?? Thanks! Martin Highlight (select) all of the data then Data | Sort and follow the wizard to sort by your Date entries. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forum...

Administering Exchange 2000 from Windows 2003 Server
We have a Windows 2000 network with an Exchange 2000 organisation (on Windows 2000). Is it possible to administer Exchange 2000 from Windows 2003 server by installing the Exchange 2003 administration pack? Thanks, Yes, however to be supported , you need to run the E2003 forestprep first! On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:06:52 -0400, "Andrew Mathenge" <AMathenge_AT_CAATPension_Dot_ON_Dot_CA> wrote: >We have a Windows 2000 network with an Exchange 2000 organisation (on >Windows 2000). >Is it possible to administer Exchange 2000 from Windows 2003 server by >installing th...

2007 Calendar Problem
The calendar comes up ok but the weekly sidebar list and task list does not come up. It continues to load w/o ending. This just started. Windows 7 64b, 8gb ram and 650 gb disk. Restart system does not solve the problem. Any suggestions? TIA, Bill Close outlook and restart using the /resettodobar switch See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/todo_bar_error.asp if you need help using the switch. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailyt...

Page Color Problem
I have a two page (fount and Back)sheet that has a solid color background with copy set on top of it. When I print it, the color for the first side is correct, but the second side prints in an off color to the intended color. Any ideas on why this is happening? The screen colors are correct and I check to see that I'm using the same mix. Are you using paper that is only coated the one side? The issue you describe is unknown in Publisher - any version. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantan...

julian date conversion
does anyone know the script for converting julian date to a standard date format? preferably dd/mm/yy. thks What's your definition of "Julian Date"? If you're referring to the representation that has year and what day of the year it is (eg.: today's 2004-183), use DateAdd to add the number of days to Dec. 31st of the previous year. You can figure out Dec. 31st of the previous year by using DateSerial(WhatYear-1, 12, 31) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "vic" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Does Validation works for date ??
Hi Does data validation works for date ?? For example : A1 contains today's date in it & if some one tries to put yesterday's date in B1 it will not allow(we can put tomorrow's date).How it would be possible ?? -- Little Master ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Little Master's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28227 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480089 I just used data validation yesterday for a date. What exactly do you want to check? "Little Ma...

Date Calculation 05-17-07
I have two date fields in the format of dd/mm/yyyy. I want to be able to do a calculation where it calculates the difference between the two dates. Therefore the output will display the number of days. -- Thank you for your help how does this work?? -- Thank you for your help "KARL DEWEY" wrote: > Use DateDiff function. > -- > KARL DEWEY > Build a little - Test a little > > > "Kirt84" wrote: > > > I have two date fields in the format of dd/mm/yyyy. I want to be able to do a > > calculation where it calculates the difference ...

Attachment issues in OWA 2003
We have an automated process in place that sends emails to sales people with their current production report as an attached Excel spreadsheet. If the recipient views the message from the full-blown Outlook 2003 client, she can view the attachment fine. However, if they view the same message in OWA 2003, they can see the paper-clip icon indicating that the message contains an attachment, but they have no link displayed in the message to the attachment itself. In other words, they can see from the folder list view that the message contains an attachment, but when they open the message, they can&...

Dates 01/1/02005 comes u ps as 0.011111111
When I format for dates in a column I get this bogus number. How can I fix it so the column reads the date entries????? Thank you Discounting the typo, maybe you have a Lotus 123 setting enabled. Tools|Options|Transition Tab Uncheck Transition Formula Entry (I unchecked all those Lotus 123 settings.) DateConfused wrote: > > When I format for dates in a column I get this bogus number. How can I fix it > so the column reads the date entries????? > Thank you -- Dave Peterson ...

ShellExecute problem?
I tried ShellExecute to open excel file but I cannot open other text files on excel. I was able to open an an ordinary text file using WinExec, but I don't know the exact option how to resize a column when opening an ordinary text file. my calling for ShelExecute ShellExecute(HWND hParent, "open", PathName, NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL); Text files would be opened with NotePad. Excel files (.xls) are not text files. Forget that WinExec exists, you should not use it for anything. The concept of "column" does not exist with respect to text files. Do you mean you wan...

RRAS problems
Hi This is a problem that occured after I installed a new Windwos Server 2008 R2 RRAS server, so the problem do didn´t exist when connecting agains RAS on a Windows Server 2003.... Background data: This is a NAP installation where I use Computer and user certificates för L2TP connection and authentication (via Radius). This works fine, until I try to connect with more than one computer from same external IP-adress. Then I get Error code 678 and after a while Error Code 756. As I said before, when I connect to the Windows Server 2003 RAS Server there is no problem when connecting wi...

check between 2 dates
Hi Is it possible to have excel check a date range from something like a form? for example: I have various data entries on a sheet, the first column has dates (01/01/04) format. I would like to be able to check something like: 01/01/04 to 05/01/04. Thanks in advance Paul Hi Paul! Try: =IF(AND(A1>=--"2004-01-01",A1<--"2004-05-01"),TRUE) OR: =IF(AND(A1>=DATE(2004,1,1),A1<DATE(2004,5,1)),TRUE) OR: =IF(AND(A1>=E1,A1<E2),TRUE) The third form is usually best as hard coding makes formulas less adaptable. The second form might be better if the DATE argument...

Outlook 2002 Installation Problem #2
I installed my Outlook 2002 when I attempted to start it it refused to start giving me this message: "unable to open your default e-mail folders. The DLL file for the infrmation service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Do you have any ideas for me Will Decker wdecker2@cox.net Create a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal...

Two Problems With Outlook
Hi: I currently have two problems with Outlook, as follows: 1. When I open an email in my Inbox and close it out to go to another email then the email that I just opened completely disappears. It does not go to the Deleted Items Folder, but is just completely gone.Once I read an email and go to another the email that I just read disappears. 2. I no longer can send an email and am getting an error notice 554 5.7.1. Any help with both or either will greatly be appreciated. Thanks My guess is that the View you are looking at is Unread Messages. Change it to Messages. You can ...

Desktop arrangments
the program icons for my start menu have always stayed at the bottom of my desktop. Now they are all on the side and it drives me crazy! LOL. I have tried to drag and drop them back down to the bottom of the desktop but to no avail. Can anyone tell me how to do this. I use Windows XP Professional. thanks, in advance, for any solution you can offer to this problem. Just irks me to have it on the side. You've gotten into the Mac Office forum, but fortunately a few of us peek through Windows every now-and-then :) Right-Click your Desktop and in the Arrange Icons by submenu select...

How to show the month of the referenced cell (containing a date)
If a cell holds the date "2/1/08", what formula can I use that will give me the following result: "Feb - 08" I tried =Month(a2)......but I just get the number of the month. Thanks. =TEXT(A2,"mmm - yy") Or simply =A2 with the cell custom formatted mmm - yy HTH. Best wishes Harald "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> skrev i melding news:165b03da-19ba-40b8-b9fe-77b17ef045b5@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > If a cell holds the date "2/1/08", what formula can I use that will > give me the following result: > > "Feb - 08&...

PLEASE HELP! need conditional formatting related to date, blank cells and today's date
I want to create a conditional formmatting formula that will highlight a cell if that cell is blank and another cell that has a date in it is more than 30 days from today's date. So, if J2 has a date in it and that date is greater than or equal to 30 days past today's date AND K2 is blank, I want to highlight K2 red. If K3 is not blank I dont want it to be highlightd. can anyone help me with the correct formula/conditional formatting? Thanks so much! Try this in the Formula box of the CF dialogue: =3DAND(K2=3D"",J2-TODAY()>=3D30) If J2 is in the past (not clear from...

Date question 01-14-10
Can anyone help with this function: =IF[Date Parts Ordered Completed]+ [Date Part Completed]+[Date Purchasing Completed],not blank,=Date The goal is that is all three fields have a date in them, then put in today's date in the final field. If one of the dates is missing, then the final date is blank. The only problem is if I open up that form I do not want it to change the date to today. I want it to stay the date of the actual completion. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, P-Chu -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Try this -- Completion_...

File search Dir() problem with large directories
Please somebody help me with my code. I am read almost every post regarding the changes to filesearch in 2007 and transfered my program over the to utilise the Dir() function . However when search large directories (files over around 100,000) the code falls over - losing network connection and stating invalid function. Could somebody advise if my code is at fault? Function findfilespath(pathname As String, tmpfilenametype As String, tmpdelete As String, tmpsource As String) Dim dbsanother As Object, rstfiles As Recordset Set dbsanother = CurrentDb Set rstfiles = dbsanother.OpenRec...

SP2 Problems
I have three backend active/passive cluster servers that have ran just fine for over a year. I installed Exchange SP2 a week ago and have had two outages since. Both outages seem to have something to do with device drivers. Does Exchange SP2 make some changes that would trigger problems with old device drivers such as NIC and iSCSI drivers or is it just a coincidence? That's OS-related - Exchange itself doesn't do anything to device drivers, nor does SP2. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- &q...

Linking problem
Hi, when i try to compile my project i get the following error: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "dsprop.lib" Where is this file? What should i do? Regards Emmanuel Emmanuel, > LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "dsprop.lib" > > Where is this file? What should i do? You need to update your platform sdk. http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/setuplauncher.asp -- Regards, Kobi Ben Tzvi "Emmanuel" <e951753@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:090101c37874$9fcc1f40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > > Hi, >...

Word & Excel Problems in Leopard
Here are some of my problems: 1. Blank sheet shows in Print Preview and in Print for new and old documents. 2. New Worksheet or Workbook is weird and unusable in any view. Page Setup does not work - keep getting "margins do not fit page size. If anyone can help with a solution I would be most grateful Joe Hi Joe - The first thing I'd suspect is that you haven't updated your printer driver even though you've converted to a totally new version of OS X. Check the mfr's web site for a new driver & run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions after installing it. Also, m...

Problem with date
Hi, I just converted my adp project from Access 2000 to Access 2003. In the 2000 version the date written on the SQL server are OK (mm/dd/yyyy). I use the Access 2000 in French and the SQL server is version 7 in English, and the date is ok on the SQL server. After the conversion the date on the SQL server is dd/mm/yyyy. I used Access 2003 in French and the same sql server that I used with the 2000 version. The regional paramater are the same, English (USA), but my workstation is a Windows French 2000 . The command that insert the data in the sql server is an INSERT INTO with a variable, ...

Australian dates in access
Hey all, I have a control box in my form that asks the user to enter a date. It then takes the date and turns it into the default date so that it will show up on the next record. It accepts the date and saves it to the table in the correct format (dd/mm/yyyy) but then when it copies it over to the next form it converts the date into american format (mm/dd/yyyy). I have worked out it must be something to do with the code. This is what I currently have in the relevant section of coding. Private Sub DateFirstSession_AfterUpdate() DateFirstSession.DefaultValue = "#"...