Area code

Can anyone tell me how to prevent Outlook 2007 from dialing the area
code on local numbers ?

TIA for any assistance.
0
MamaBee (10)

On Sat, 14 May 2011 21:29:12 -0300, MamaBee <MamaBee@ns.sympatico.ca>
wrote:

>Can anyone tell me how to prevent Outlook 2007 from dialing the area
>code on local numbers ?
>
>TIA for any assistance.

Huh?

What is outlook dialing? Your internet provider? Something else?
evan1 (39)
5/15/2011 1:56:15 AM
MamaBee wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to prevent Outlook 2007 from dialing the area
> code on local numbers ?
>
> TIA for any assistance.

Don't have OL2007.  Still on OL2003.  Maybe you do the same for OL2007
as you do for OL2003: configure the phone options in your unidentified
version and edition of Windows.  In Windows XP under the Control Panel,
load the Phone & Modem Options applet.  Under the Dialing Rules tab,
select your home/default location and click Edit.  Under the Area Code
Rules tab, enter the area codes that are local calls.

You actually live somewhere where not only do they permit 10-digit
dialing to local numbers?  In my metro area, it's split into 6 area
codes of which all are local calls yet I'm still required to dial 10
digits for those local calls.  If I dial just 7 digits, one, it's
possible that the number is not inside my own area code (and being local
but in another area code means the area code MUST be included) and, two,
often you still have to dial 10 digits within your own area code (you
may get an auto recorded message telling you to dial 10 digits).

In editing the phone dialing rules, you add the area codes that are
considered [mostly] local calls.  You can then decide if the area code
is included in the dialing sequence.  For your own area code, it may be
optional whether you include your area code for that phone number (but
you may not and have to include the area code).  I include the area code
because it doesn't hurt and often eliminates getting a message telling
me to add it.  For the other "local" area codes, you obviously MUST
enable the option to "Include the area code" because you need to show
that phone number is NOT in your own area code.
0
V4521 (722)
5/15/2011 9:00:19 AM
It shouldn't dial the area code if you have it configured correctly. You
need to set up your area code rules in control panel, phone and modem
options.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com
"MamaBee"  wrote in message

Can anyone tell me how to prevent Outlook 2007 from dialing the area
code on local numbers ?

TIA for any assistance.

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Stacked area and area chart combo
Is it possible to create a stacked area and area combo chart. I have 2 series that need to be stacked and one that needs to be just area. If I change the one, it changes all. Hi, Move the series that is not to be stacked on to the secondary axis. Double click series and check secondary on the axis tab. You may have to play with the scale values in order to stop the single area masking the stacked areas. Unless of course that is what you want to do. Cheers Andy scott.r.schumacher@boeing.com wrote: > Is it possible to create a stacked area and area combo chart. I have 2 > series th...

How do I colour code emails from hotmail?
I have followed the line to add flags to my emails but the Quick Flag field is hidden. It works for my other Inbox but not for the hotmail Inbox. Can someone help please? Rules don't apply to Hotmail account. You can customize your view as per; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/coloremailadvanced.htm Also make sure you connect to Hotmail via the Outlook Connector. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World A...

Seriously, who CODES in Linux? What IDE? Seriously.
Seriously, who codes in Linux and what platforms, IDEs, etc do they use? What language? I code in C#, have done Windows Forms, WPF, Silverlight, ADO.NET, ASP.NET and some VB and Access dB programming, though I prefer ADO.NET. Getting into WCF now (SOAP) web services using REST as well. All of course under the award winning Visual Studio IDE. I'm using VS 2008 but might upgrade to VS 2010. Seriously, why would ANYBODY code in Linux? Why? You can port Silverlight to Linux. I think in theory ASP.NET is platform neutral as well. And what language would you use in Linux? ...

Code causes error 2486 in access 2000, IPF in 2002
I have an Access 2000 database application which was originally created on a Windows 2000 pro computer using Office xp developer and installed in on a Windows 98 machine. I originally installed Office 2000 and installed the database using the setup created by the Office xp developer packaging wizard. Everything was working fine until someone accidentally uninstalled Access 2000 to make room on the drive not realizing the application would no longer work. I temporarily reinstalled the application using the setup with the access 2002 runtime so it would work until we upgraded the hard dri...

Print area query
Hi I am trying to print a page, the top margin is .18 and header 0, the bottom margin is o & footer zero but when i give print in paper the bottom margin is left more than top margin, i want to push bottom a little more but when i do, the content moves to next page, any solution for this? -- Life isa journey not a destination The problem is how close to the buttom your printer can print. Do not expect that you can print as close to the bottom as to the top of the paper. Regards, Per "Sherees" <Sherees@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen n...

Filter Binary Codes Error?
I have a user who is getting the following error when he opens Outlook 2002: Warning: <filepath>\outcmd.dat has not been fully loaded! It probably contains one or more null characters. Use the option "Filter Binary Codes" if you want to load the entire file next time. I had the user change the filename to outcmd.old. The first time this error occured, it referenced the file outlprnt. I had him rename that file and everything was okay until he rebooted. Then, the error referenced both the outcmd.old and frmcache.dat. I had him run scanpst.exe, but the errors have not gone away...

Viewing Access Code in Windows 2000
I have an Access 2000 Database that was written by a programmer long gone. I when I open the database it starts the access application. I want interrupt the application an view that code and tables. What Key sequence do I use to perform this. I haven't done access in about 6 years so I for got how. Thanks Alt+F11. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Larry Bird" <LarryBird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCB9F9E3-13F5-4FB6-AC38-51B992D1C50F@microsoft.com... >I have an Access 2000 Database that was written by a programmer long g...

Area under the line or area in area graphs
Is there any way I can get Excel to figure out the area under the line in my graph for volume calculations? What about on an area graph? Hi mambeault, Have a look at Bernard's page, it should help. http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/AreaUnderCurve.htm mambeault wrote: > Is there any way I can get Excel to figure out the area under the line in my graph for volume calculations? What about on an area graph? -- Cheers Andy http://www.andypope.info ...

Tab Form Coding
I have created bound form (Tab page) and set ‘Data Entry Property’ to Yes to enter the data. So the form will open showing blank record. As I don’t want to show all the records when one opens the form. But if someone wants to search/view/update the previously entered record, How should I code the form? Thanks, You can have the form in the tab page showing all the records and put a 'New' button up the top. User clicks 'New' button to open a new form that allows adding new records (maybe in acDialog, or perhaps hide the base form until the 'add new recor...

Compiling old VC++ 4 code in another environment
Hello, I wrote an application with the MFC's using Visual C++ 4.0 (and the documentation that came with it). From a hard drive crash, I've lost the application (the CD is also lost), but I still have the code. Is there a way to compile using that library with another compiler? I assume so, but I'm not expert at such matters. I have gcc. If anyone could suggest the command syntax, I would be appreciative. Thank you, Adam Baker adamb924@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > I wrote an application with the MFC's using Visual C++ 4.0 (and > the documentation that c...

Fill area beneath a scatter plot
Hi, I'm producing scatter plots showing elevation change along state park trails. It must be done on a scatter plot as the distances at which the data was taken are not uniform...unless someone has another method that I haven't thought of yet. I would like to fill the area beneath the plot to better represent a cross section of the trail. In time we may elect to code the fill area to represent soil types, geology, or surface firmness. How can I fill the area beneath a scatter plot?? Thx in advance, Jeff Have you tried the Area Plot instead of the scatter plot? "JZip&qu...

How do I clear the formating of the area OUTSIDE my chart on my w.

Error 1402.Setup--Cannot Repair--Code 57A Errors During Updates
Windows 7 64-bit, Office 2007 Enterprise edition Many people have reported this issue, but after 3 days and a dozen (wasted) hours, none of the sugestions I've read so far, have yet worked. Suite apps all work fine...it is just that for some of the "important updates", the install fails (Code 57A). When I try to repair off the DVD, I get the "...cannot open the registry key UNKNOWN\Components\(...)\(...) Verify that you have sufficient permissions..." Then I am directed to a file for instructions on how to contact Microsoft PSS--only the file...

Area
What is the large area beneath the folder banner called? Large Area? Seriously, if you want a real answer, post some details. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, pita1 asked: | What is the large area beneath the folder banner called? That was a question on a test I was taking. "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote: > Large Area? > > Seriously, if you want a real answer, post some details. &g...

Code completion not working in VC++ 6.0
Hi, Anyone seen this before? Code completion is not working properly in visual C++ 6.0. When I type . or ->, I no longer see the member list after it. Once I type in a function and ( then it will show me the parameters. But not the member list. I checked and I do have all the code completion options selected. What gives? Not sure when this stopped working, I haven't used it in quite some time (probably a couple years!) but now am using it again and this is driving me nuts. Am thinking maybe I should reinstall but would like to avoid that (especially since who knows if it will e...

Resize chart area without resizing plot area
Hi, With the help of your answers on my question of July 30 and some digging in excel4 I succeeded in making the inside of the plot area exactly a square with predefined dimensions. I made a function that finds the dimensions of a rectangle that encloses all elements in the plot including title, axes-titles and text boxes. Now I want the chart area to fit tightly around all the actual plot elements. But I do not succeed in resizing the chart area without resizing the plot. Is there some (hidden) feature that switches off autoresizing like there is one for the font? When I have a solu...

Simplify Code-Delete Query
Towards the bottom, I am having to delete a query and then rebuild another to make this work. Looking for a simpler/cleaner method. Any help appreciated. Private Sub cmdOK_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdOK_Click Dim varItem As Variant Dim strWhere As String Dim strWhere1 As String Dim strWhere2 As String Dim lngLen As Long Dim strDelim As String Dim db As DAO.Database Dim qdf As DAO.QueryDef Dim strSQL As String Dim strDoc As String Dim strDoc1 As String With Me!lstGroup For Each varItem In .ItemsSelected If No...

Explanation of Code comments
Within VBA code, when the mouse pointer is above some of the code (if the procedure is debugged), a yellow box is displayed giving some details of that code. I notice that sometimes values are given, for instance... Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual shows a value of "-4135" unless that whole line is highlighted with the mouse, in which case it shows "Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual=true". Can someone explain the meaning/purpose of this and why the different value given? In other cases I have something like Sheet7.EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells...

Code glitches
I want to look at a range of cells and find "AGT". When a cell containing "AGT" is found I want to Highlite it in yellow. The below code doesn't find all the cells. I have bumped intCount up to 1000 and this is no help. Help, Rick Sub Macro3() Dim intCount As Integer Dim x intCount = Application.CountIf(Range("B1:F13"), "AGT") For x = 1 To intCount Cells.Find(What:="AGT", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt _ :=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:= _ False, SearchFormat:=Fal...

Clicking a column by means of code
private void makeStockList() { listView1_ColumnClick(listView1, ? listView1.ColumnHeaderCollection[5]) ? ; // more code } #region Sorting columns. private void listView1_ColumnClick(object sender, ColumnClickEventArgs e) { this.listView1.ListViewItemSorter = new ListViewItemComparer(e.Column); listView1.Sort(); } #endregion Re the above, I want to click column header 5 by means of code. What I have between ?? doesn't work. Which parameter would work? Za...

Can I run code from a PC on a Mac?
I have some spreadsheets with VBA code of various sorts, when I open them on a Mac, some code works and some doesn't. I can't tell what isn't working, because it says that the 'Project is Unviewable' I'm not expecting anyone to know specifics about my code, but what 'kind' of thing doesn't work on a Mac? Also, is it possible to open my forms and modules when I open a file on a Mac? thanks M ...

Does anyone know where I can find source code for interfacing with microphone
Hi all. Does anyone knows where I can find source code that reads data in from a microphone using Visual C++ 5/0/6.0 ? I don't want to save the data only wish to read and then process it to another interface. Many thanks and Seasons Greetings :) Victor -- reply to newsgroupsurfer AT coldmail DOT com replace cold with hot and translate the rest. Shazzam wrote: > Hi all. > > Does anyone knows where I can find source code that reads data in from a > microphone using Visual C++ 5/0/6.0 ? I don't want to save the data only > wish to read and then process it to anoth...

Pivot Table Page Field Area Broken
We have a Pivot Table I put together over a year ago, which links to a MS Access database. It is used by a number of people, and recently its been behaving little strangely. I actively encourage the users of pivot tables to try to 'break' pivo tables, to encourage them to edxperiment with them and to use them t their full potential. WELL...it turns out someone may have actually managed to break one o my pivot tables. It appears the when a field item is dropped into the page field area it no longer allows the user to customise the items in the lis (multiple items). It allows the us...

Scratch area
I have a number of Publisher 2002 files with information in the scratch area. If the information is close to the side of the working area it prints on the working area. It didn't do this in Publisher 2000. The solution obviously is to move the scratch items further away but why should it happen? Another minor problem is when copy and pasting from Word XP to Publisher 2002 a space is inserted before the first word of the second and subsequent paragraphs. Anybody any ideas why? -- David Sykes After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from David Sykes &...

How do I show range of data in an area chart?
I am trying to show various toxins across the bottom of a chart, and ranges (from 0.001 to 1,000,000) on the left-hand side...OR whatever will work. I have ppb-PID (0.01-1,000), IR (0.50-1,500), Electrochem (0.1-1,005), ppm-PID (0.1-10,000), FID (0.75-50,000), Tubes (1-150,000), LEL (1.5-100,000), Oxygen (1,000-150,000), and TC (10,000-1,000,000) and can't seem to find anyway to portray CORRECTLY what I want to show. Thought perhaps a bar graph, then thought probably an area chart would work--but I can't figure out how to enter the ranges, since they're all different and d...