Archiving the Calendar

When archiving the calendar in Outlook I know it doesn't
archive recurring appointments.  My archiving is set to
clean out items older than 6 months.  I would think that
this would populate my archive calendar back to April '03,
instead there is nothing there back to May '03 and
everything is there but my recurring appointments April
back to January, then nothing again past December '02.

Thoughts?

Archiving works on the modified date.  Since recurring appointments will
have been opened or accessed after your set archive period, they will not be
archived.

You can test this by displaying your calendar in a table view (categories
works well for this) and add the Date Modified column.  Then sort by that
column and you will see what is eligible for archiving and what is not.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Mark <mark.cowan@eds.com> asked:

| When archiving the calendar in Outlook I know it doesn't
| archive recurring appointments.  My archiving is set to
| clean out items older than 6 months.  I would think that
| this would populate my archive calendar back to April '03,
| instead there is nothing there back to May '03 and
| everything is there but my recurring appointments April
| back to January, then nothing again past December '02.
|
| Thoughts?

0
MillyS1 (1480)

move to archived folders works, archiving to same archived folders does not work
We are using Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2000. Most of our users work on Terminal Server. Their pst-files are stored on a directory on the file and print server. Some of these users can move mails from their mailbox to their archived folders, but cannot archive to it. They get the message that the pst file cannot be opened. However at that moment they can still browse in their archived folders, move mail to it and so on. For one user I created a new pst file, but the problem staid the same. Does anyone have experience with this? ...

link given for calendar invite not working
Exchange 2003 sp2 When a user opens an appointment in OWA the url given for the appointment does not work. Example of the URl: http://servername/exchange/username/calendar/lunch-10.EML?cmd=open ...

calendar views #2
hello. i'm running outlook 2003 on xp and have a question about the calendar function. from the navigation pane, selecting CALENDAR opens up the calendar view. on the left pane it displays three months of the year stacked atop each other. the problem is this: the view is really stretched out and far-spaced. on my normal monitor running at 102x768 the view is fine but on my widescreen notebook running at 1440x900, the view is stretched. grabbing the edges to narrow the left pane does nothing but hide the calendar; it doesn't shrink the spacing and constrain it. has anyone...

Where is the template for the 2006 calendar?
I was able to locate the 2005 calendar template, but cannot locate the 2006 calendar template. Help! ...

Archive
Hi, I'm trying to archive some calendar items and have found the archive settings for the folder. When I run the archive process the items are not moved from the calendar and the folder size is not reduced. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to set this up so that items prior to a point in time can be moved off so that the size of my calendar folder doesn't reach the size limit of my over zealous exchange administrator. Cheers, Darren. Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to...

Archiving pages
Hi All, The pages in one of the our publishing site are around 1500. So it?s showing effect on search crawling index and sometimes throwing an error like System out of memory (usually in full crawl). Our ram size is 4 gb for index server. Is there any method for archive the pages in page document library. And the important thing is the data must be handy, so the archival process should accommodate ability to retrieve the archived content quickly. pls suggest me. Thanks in Advance sukumar.k Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Consuming WebServices...

How do I tell who I shared my calendar with?
I shared my calendar but I do not remember with whom. Now my calendar has icon has a little hand under the calendar but I do not know what it means. So what does the little hand mean and who do I know I shared my calendar with? Jim, JLandfield@financemgt.com Hi Jim, Since you don't know who you share your Calendar with, you can change the Account and start all over with or you can search your Sent Items and use the Search Term Calendar and see what pops up. -- thecreator "Jim L." <JimL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1...

Calendars #9
How do you add American holidays to a calendar? Manually. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CE2200A-1A56-4EC4-A970-6BDB5CC5B05F@microsoft.com... > How do you add American holidays to a calendar? ...

deleting empty folders after archive
IS there a way to delete folders which are left empty after you perform an archive? I have approx 300 or so folders that are empty since my archive application completed but they still show up and there seems to be no way except one at a time to delete them. There should be a method to state if folder size = 0 then delete folder. Shane ...

Archival Data -- Managing over Time
I am developing a set of data that I will do some research on, and others as well. My plan is to keep the source data in one workbook in a very simple format, and not do any calculations or charts in that workbook. I'll do my charts in other workbooks, and will send the source data workbook to others when they request. The idea is to reduce corruption and accidental modifications to the source data over time. Is this a good plan? Any other comments about how to protect the accuracy and stability of the source data over time? I understand I can essentially make the source file read...

calendar meetings not showing up as tentative
My calendar isn't showing up as tentative when someone sends me an invite. I have open the meeting for it to appear on my calendar. Any help is well appreciated. Vince ...

duplicate messages when opening archives / archive inbox emptied?
Outlook appears to be re-downloading all messages (700+) from my hotmail pop3 account. (again...) This only (?) appears to happen on the same days when I try and find an archived email in my inbox. The two times that it has happened today (it has never happened twice on one day before), I was working on a Word document. So I was not deleting emails at the time. (I have seen an errata re to message IDs getting out of sync, but this looks like a different problem.) I do not think that it is my Norton anti-virus. I have disabled the email portion of the software after the fir...

Calendar view question...
We are running Outlook 2002 clients. We want to use a shared calendar to manage our log home show schedules so that each salesperson can see what shows are going on, where and when. Unfortunately, the calendar as it is currently set by default on Outlook does not lend itself very well to what we would like to see. When using the "Month view - which is the one we want to use, the calendar combines Saturday and Sunday into one box, so having multiple items scheduled over a weekend (Fri-Sunday) looks like crap and is very hard to read. Is there a way to bust out those days so that Sat...

Archive an Archive?
LOL, i'm sure this will sound like a dumb idea but ... I want to set up a sorta two tier archive system ... Archive once to keep the PST folders small say keep everything within the last 3 months in the first archive have it accessable say for the last years worth of email, but archive anything older then a year to a new archive folder that can be burned off to a dvd or cd for filing.. Any thoughts or recommendations? Use Auto-archiving feature in Outlook to do this. You could set it up so it archives mail older than 12 months to a file named archive.pst and burn that pst file ...

Change from calendar month periods to fiscal periods (i.e. 4-4-5)
Has anyone had experience changing from calendar month periods to a fiscal periods but not changing from a calendar year to a fiscal year? Our company wants to change to a periods such as 4-4-5 but does not want to change from a calendar year. The only tool that GP brokers discuss is the fiscal period modifier which is only to (possibly - they say it sometimes doesn't work!) change from a calendar year to a fiscal year. ...

calendar setup
HI I am using Exchange 2000. I have clients using office 2000, XP and 2003. 1. I need to know how you can setup people to make their calendar public, private and also to see others calendar and schedule meetings. 2. My CEO's assistant want to have access just to his calendar so she can fill all his appointments for him and he can take a look at it. 3. In yahoo or hotmail you have a feature where you can have your reminders sent to your mobile device as a text message. I would like to know if it is possible to do it in exchange. Thank you KPM 1. Users do this by setting permis...

archived messages #2
i recently archived a large number of messages from the last year or so, but when i open the .pst file in outlook 2000 it says that there are no files contained. i know there is data there because the .pst file reads a size of 162MB on my drive. where is this info and why can i not access it? also, everytime i view the properties[advanced properties] for this file there is a check box selected that reads "file is ready for archiving" which none of my other archive files have checked. but once i uncheck that box and try to open the file it resets that option to the way it...

Automatically saving Calendar as web page
Hi Can somebody help me out? What I want to automate my Calendar Save as Web page. Let's say every hour or so. The motivation is that a schedule will publish every 2 hours an update of my calendar on my website. I don't have always access to my computer to manually do the Save as Web page, but I do synchronize from time to time my PPC with my Outlook over the Internet. These changes in Calendar must reflect as well on my website to inform some people when I have meeting opportunities. So far I couldn't see any way to automate it. My guess a macro can do the trick, but my sk...

Archive
Has there been a resolution to this as I have a member of staff with the exact same problem and I have to give him and endless cap :/ EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

New Event Appears on Calendar
New events are appearing on my Outlook calendar that I have not created. They are blank execpt for the name "New Event" and the Start and End time are filled in. I did not create these events and don't know why they appear randomly on my calendar. I am using Outlook 2007, and the company uses Exchange Server 2007 SP2. -- Carolyn Do you use any addins? Sync with a device? Use a Dell laptop? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: ma...

Archive not archiving
Help please. I am trying to archive email folders. Archive runs, creates an archive folder (and .pst file) but does nothing else. i.e no data is moved to the Archive folders. This is not a case of selected date - a lot of this info is 2 years old. No matter what date I select nothing is moved. Same if i try to archive calendar or other folders. I see others have had this problem - is there a solution or is this an outlook problem. Any help appreciated. Thanks D If you are working with an Exchange Server you may want to look at MKBA 297226 and 143376. >-----Original Mes...

Calendar connector...pls help
Hi, I am unable to start calendar service. I have exactly followed MS article to install and configure my lotus notes and calendar connector. It seems that it is not able to read Schedule+free busy system folder. But i do have that folder in place.. I receive following error: ======== Event ID 5005 The Calendar Connector could not connect to the Public Information Store due to MAPI error 80004005 and is shutting down. Ensure that the Information Store service is running and the Calendar Connector service is configured to use the Exchange Services Account and Password in Services Con...

Creating a Calendar.
I have a series of calendar dates for future appointments in the month of january. For example, they are displayed in the following manner 1/13/2010. Is it possible to create a program that uses a series of dates and then organizes them into a monthly calendar template. I would like to do this for my patient base because I find that a calendar template with dates of appointments resonates a lot louder then just a seires of dates in a liner fashion. -- Percy Naranjo Outlook? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>&g...

Open up Archives then delete Archive folder.
I'm trying to open up those "archive.psd" and can't open them. The only think that happens is that I keep adding Archive Folders and then I can't do anything with the Archive folder. Can you tell me how to open up a file called "archive.psd"? So far I've tried File>Open>Outlook Data File, then I select the archive.psd file and all that happens is I keep adding Archive folders that I can't do anything with. How can I delete "Archive Folders"? Thanks. IS. PST, do you mean? PSD isn't a valid extension for an Outlook file. IS ...

archiving auto archive
I have my sent items set to auto archive for mails older than 6 months. Today I want to archive the remaining files in sent items (less than 6 months old). How do I make sure that I end up with 1 merged file, containing the auto-archived and the newer items? If I run archive on the sent items by selecting the auto-archive file I am afraid that it may destroy the old items (I don't want to speculate if MS thought about this or not). Thanks If you manually archive the Sent Items folder they should end up in the archive PST along with the other items. "Cagdas Ozgenc" <cagdas...