Archiving Probelms

Anyone havinfg diffuiculties archiving wiht the new '03
Outlook.  Mine simply doens;t complete the function
though it ryuns klike the previous version.
0
anonymous (74717)

Jerry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Anyone havinfg diffuiculties archiving wiht the new '03
> Outlook.  Mine simply doens;t complete the function
> though it ryuns klike the previous version.

Are you sure the modification dates (not the received dates) of the items
you're expecting to be archived are older than the archive date you've
chosen?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

move to archived folders works, archiving to same archived folders does not work
We are using Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2000. Most of our users work on Terminal Server. Their pst-files are stored on a directory on the file and print server. Some of these users can move mails from their mailbox to their archived folders, but cannot archive to it. They get the message that the pst file cannot be opened. However at that moment they can still browse in their archived folders, move mail to it and so on. For one user I created a new pst file, but the problem staid the same. Does anyone have experience with this? ...

Archive
Hi, I'm trying to archive some calendar items and have found the archive settings for the folder. When I run the archive process the items are not moved from the calendar and the folder size is not reduced. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to set this up so that items prior to a point in time can be moved off so that the size of my calendar folder doesn't reach the size limit of my over zealous exchange administrator. Cheers, Darren. Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to...

Archiving pages
Hi All, The pages in one of the our publishing site are around 1500. So it?s showing effect on search crawling index and sometimes throwing an error like System out of memory (usually in full crawl). Our ram size is 4 gb for index server. Is there any method for archive the pages in page document library. And the important thing is the data must be handy, so the archival process should accommodate ability to retrieve the archived content quickly. pls suggest me. Thanks in Advance sukumar.k Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Consuming WebServices...

deleting empty folders after archive
IS there a way to delete folders which are left empty after you perform an archive? I have approx 300 or so folders that are empty since my archive application completed but they still show up and there seems to be no way except one at a time to delete them. There should be a method to state if folder size = 0 then delete folder. Shane ...

Archival Data -- Managing over Time
I am developing a set of data that I will do some research on, and others as well. My plan is to keep the source data in one workbook in a very simple format, and not do any calculations or charts in that workbook. I'll do my charts in other workbooks, and will send the source data workbook to others when they request. The idea is to reduce corruption and accidental modifications to the source data over time. Is this a good plan? Any other comments about how to protect the accuracy and stability of the source data over time? I understand I can essentially make the source file read...

Data Validation and Today's Date Probelm ?
I am new to data validation in Excel and would like to seek your advice on the following items 1) For a particular column, I would like end users to enter 6 numeric digit. I have tried to choose Decimal with min 6 & max 6 but doesn't work. Then I use "Whole Number with min 6 & max 6" but also doesn't work. What validation criteria should I use ? 2) End users don't like to enter "Today's Date" by themselves. I try to use the formula "=Today()". However, I believe the date in that cell will change every time we open the spreadsheet. Is ...

duplicate messages when opening archives / archive inbox emptied?
Outlook appears to be re-downloading all messages (700+) from my hotmail pop3 account. (again...) This only (?) appears to happen on the same days when I try and find an archived email in my inbox. The two times that it has happened today (it has never happened twice on one day before), I was working on a Word document. So I was not deleting emails at the time. (I have seen an errata re to message IDs getting out of sync, but this looks like a different problem.) I do not think that it is my Norton anti-virus. I have disabled the email portion of the software after the fir...

Archive an Archive?
LOL, i'm sure this will sound like a dumb idea but ... I want to set up a sorta two tier archive system ... Archive once to keep the PST folders small say keep everything within the last 3 months in the first archive have it accessable say for the last years worth of email, but archive anything older then a year to a new archive folder that can be burned off to a dvd or cd for filing.. Any thoughts or recommendations? Use Auto-archiving feature in Outlook to do this. You could set it up so it archives mail older than 12 months to a file named archive.pst and burn that pst file ...

archived messages #2
i recently archived a large number of messages from the last year or so, but when i open the .pst file in outlook 2000 it says that there are no files contained. i know there is data there because the .pst file reads a size of 162MB on my drive. where is this info and why can i not access it? also, everytime i view the properties[advanced properties] for this file there is a check box selected that reads "file is ready for archiving" which none of my other archive files have checked. but once i uncheck that box and try to open the file it resets that option to the way it...

Archive
Has there been a resolution to this as I have a member of staff with the exact same problem and I have to give him and endless cap :/ EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

Archive not archiving
Help please. I am trying to archive email folders. Archive runs, creates an archive folder (and .pst file) but does nothing else. i.e no data is moved to the Archive folders. This is not a case of selected date - a lot of this info is 2 years old. No matter what date I select nothing is moved. Same if i try to archive calendar or other folders. I see others have had this problem - is there a solution or is this an outlook problem. Any help appreciated. Thanks D If you are working with an Exchange Server you may want to look at MKBA 297226 and 143376. >-----Original Mes...

Open up Archives then delete Archive folder.
I'm trying to open up those "archive.psd" and can't open them. The only think that happens is that I keep adding Archive Folders and then I can't do anything with the Archive folder. Can you tell me how to open up a file called "archive.psd"? So far I've tried File>Open>Outlook Data File, then I select the archive.psd file and all that happens is I keep adding Archive folders that I can't do anything with. How can I delete "Archive Folders"? Thanks. IS. PST, do you mean? PSD isn't a valid extension for an Outlook file. IS ...

Archiving the whole store with an exception to one mailbox
I need to archive a mailbox store with the execption of a couple of mailboxes in that store. Is this possible? Thanks in advance Per-store only as far as I know. You'd have to move the mailboxes you want to exclude to a different store. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "JOHNC" <ha@ac.om> wrote in message news:uQXxEFntEHA.2788@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I need to archive a mailbox store with the execption of a couple of > mailboxes in that store. Is this possible? > > Thanks in advance &...

archiving auto archive
I have my sent items set to auto archive for mails older than 6 months. Today I want to archive the remaining files in sent items (less than 6 months old). How do I make sure that I end up with 1 merged file, containing the auto-archived and the newer items? If I run archive on the sent items by selecting the auto-archive file I am afraid that it may destroy the old items (I don't want to speculate if MS thought about this or not). Thanks If you manually archive the Sent Items folder they should end up in the archive PST along with the other items. "Cagdas Ozgenc" <cagdas...

Money 2003--cannot archive
When I try to archive Money 2003 (Delux Personal and Business, v 11.0, it freezes at some point and I have to shut it down manually. I've attempted letting it archive for different lengths of time with the same result. After the attempted archiving, Money has changed all my balances. I've not encountered this problem before. Anyone have a solution? Are there updates and if so where do I find them? I've searched Microsoft with no luck! Thanks, K. Clark In microsoft.public.money, K Clark wrote: >When I try to archive Money 2003 (Delux Personal and Business, v 11.0, it ...

Probelm with Code !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The specified dimension is not valid for the current chart type" error. I can't get rid of this eror even with 2 "On Error" Statements at the bottome of the code where I suspect the problem to be. Private Sub cmdgetBO_Data_Click() Dim f, ws As Worksheet, Msg Dim BO_Datafile_Name As String, BOReport_lastColumn As String Dim BOReport_lastRow As Integer, BOPos As Integer Dim BOReportWS As Worksheet Dim rngBOReport As Range, c As Range With Application .ScreenUpdating = True .Calculation = xlCalculationManual .DisplayAlerts = False En...

Auto Archive not archiving all items
I set a specific date but when I look back into my Inbox and subfolders, I still see messages that have a date stamp in which it was supposed to be archived. Please advise. Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to determine whether or not an item is ready to be AutoArchived, and a simple action such as moving the item to another folder can change the Modified date. More information and a list of actions that change the Modified date can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=k...

Archiving of Email
I have a client running SBS2003. He wants to be able to archive all emails form his users. He also wants to be able to remove user accounts when employees leave, but still have an archived version of the mail.To me, once the user is gone, the mailbox becomes orphaned. Can anyone please help me with suggestions and advise? On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:33:02 -0700, DP <DP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a client running SBS2003. He wants to be able to archive all emails >form his users. He also wants to be able to remove user accounts when >employees leave, but still ha...

Archiving #32
Do archived folders/files in Outlook 2007 use the same ammount of space as the original Outlook files? If so, what is the advantage of archiving? The Archive option moves data, based on an aged date, which you can ammend in archive settings, from your current data file to an archive data file. As I recollect the default Archive setting is for 'older than 6 months' Your current data file will be reduced in size as the data is no longer help in that data file. It might also make your data more managable from a user point of view. You can have the Archive data file open within outl...

auto-archive
How can I, at the server, set up autoarchive so that all messages older than some number of days be automatically archived into each user's private folders? Can this be set up to occur even if the user does not access his via Outlook? Archiving is a client side process. Take a look at 3rd party products, such as KVS's Archiving product. HTH -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "J.L. Cayton" <jlcayton@stratsource.com>...

HELP! Why won't some of my messages archive?
Hello Helpful Person: I am currently trying to archive all of the December 2004 mail messages that reside in a particular folder. Most of the messages were archived OK, but for some reason, there are a bunch that will not go to the archive. Most of these seem to be messages later in the month, like December 24-31. It doesn't give an error message or anything, it just doesn't archive them. Thinking that size was a factor, I copied all of the ones that wouldn't archive into a new folder and tried it again. But none would archive. I've never seen this before. Any ideas out ...

share archive
Hi, I've got 2 PC's, a laptop and a desktop, with the 2 Outlook set to a same Exchange account. I primarily use my desktop and I've set an archive file on it with archiving every 2 weeks. The problem is the following : the outlook on the laptop cannot find the archive file and, when the autoarchive is launching, I obtain an error message (outlook cannot find the archive file locally). I tried to put the archive file on a shared location, but the file is locked by the first outlook that uses it. So, is there a simple way to share an archive file between 2 PCs ? Fabien N...

archive
How do I create woorkbooks from a template with auto generated unique filenames based on iether current date or data within the workbook. tia ...

Outlook 2003 Auto-archive and archive
Dear All, I am trying to migrate from OE to Outlook 2003. I imported all messages from OE to OL2003. Everything is OK, but the Archive function does not work for me. I know that it compares the modification date of a given message and since I imported them yesterday every messsage has modification date set to yesterday and there are no messages to be archived (even though some of them are over 2 years old). This is what I read at support.microsoft.com: --- The following actions change the modified date and time of the message: - Forwarding - Replying - Replying to All - Editing and Sav...

Archiving Prior Year Data
I first ran into this problem when using MS Money 2002, and it has repeated with MS Money 2004: Using Archive under the drop-down File menu, I ask the system to archive all transactions prior to 01 Jan 2004. The program seems to be working until at last I receive an "Out of Memory" error message and everything stops. Granted, I am using an old, slow Celeron-based PC and running Windows ME and 256 MB of RAM, which is the max for this HP machine. I am planning to upgrade to a newer computer eventually, one which will be using Windows XP. I'm wondering if I should wait...