Archiving Outlook Express email from Outlook

Having upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook I imported
my Outlook Express email in to Outlook.

I set up the archiving to move any files over 2 months old
onto the server but although Outlook archives files that
it created/ received it will not archive the Outlook
Express files.

Any suggestions as to archiving the Outlook Express files?

Rog
0
anonymous (74723)

Outlook uses the modified date for archiving.  If you imported your items
sooner than your default archive settings state, then your items will not be
archived.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Roger Currier
asked:

| Having upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook I imported
| my Outlook Express email in to Outlook.
|
| I set up the archiving to move any files over 2 months old
| onto the server but although Outlook archives files that
| it created/ received it will not archive the Outlook
| Express files.
|
| Any suggestions as to archiving the Outlook Express files?
|
| Rog

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

OE6 to Outlook 2000
I was having problems with OE6 so I changed to Outlook 2000 (if you know how I upgrade that to newest version I'd be appreciative). Anyway, after importing messages from OE6 to Outlook, all the messages I sent are not dated, but say "none" under the received column, so I don't have a good chronological hierarchy of my mails. Also when I send a mail (rather than replying to one) the same thing happens...no date. I am sure it is something I am doing wrong but I can't find any setting to correct it. Thank you in advance for any help. Dan On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:33...

cannot send or reply to a certain email address
I have one person who I cannot send or reply to their email. I can receive email from them. I have deleted their contact info and re-entered. I have tried emailing without using contact, just typing address in. I can, however, get on my email server and send/reply to them just fine. Error is that their email is not a valid email address. Thanks for your help! Are you sure the address is valid? Type it in the To field so you are sure there isn't any extra characters in it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 200...

setup email account in outlook
Hi, I want to setup an email account in outlook, but my email account is not hotmail, and it asks me about the incoming and outgoing mail server, can I ask how to find the address of the mail server? Thx. Adrian Well...you can look at any documentation that your ISP supplied......or you can visit your ISP's website where most of them put all the details that you might need HTH..Simon "adrian" <adrian8311@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23O7MZzvwDHA.3116@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I want to setup an email account in outlook, but my email account is n...

messages moved to Junk Email folder just disappear (Outlook 2007)
I am using Outlook 2007. When email is manually moved to Junk Email folder the counter is set OK, but the messages is never there. I just see a message, "There are no items to show in this view". Also for the past week NOTHING gets sent to the Junk Email folder although I normally get 2-3 a day. No new software was installed, nor were any changes made within Outlook. I ran the program, "outlook.exe /resetfolders", but that did not help. i am running Vista. Thanks much. Sounds like you have your view set to show unread items only or have a fil...

outlook inbox #8
For some reason I am require to refresh my inbox before I can see any new arriving emails. How can I fix this? OL2002: You Cannot Receive New E-mail Notifications in Environments That Use the Network Address Translation: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305572&Product=ol2002 Windows XP-Based Clients Do Not Receive "New Mail" Notification Messages After You Install Service Pack 1: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815052&Product=ol2002 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion int...

Outlook 2003 icon changes randomly
Not a big deal but very weird: My outlook icon (both on the desktop, and the QuickNav bar) changes every other time I restart Windows: Sometimes its the new orange icon Sometimes its the Office 2000 icon. Very strange. I'm running Windows 2000. I can't figure out how this could happen. When its showing the old icon, it still loads the new version. Also, if I right-click, properties...change icon, only the old icon shows in the list of choices. Any clues? Eric ...

Vista/Outlook
I backed up my Palm Treo information in Outlook when running XP. Now I am setting up in Vista. If I buy a copy of Outlook, will it run on Vista? Do I need to do that? On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 09:55:31 -0500, "Dean Dowling" <dean63@gmail.com> wrote: >I backed up my Palm Treo information in Outlook when running XP. Now I am >setting up in Vista. If I buy a copy of Outlook, will it run on Vista? Do I >need to do that? http://search.microsoft.com/search.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US Try entering "something like" outlook windows vista On Tue, 30 Dec 200...

email in Outlook
I have a hotmail account for my email. I was able to succesfully add this account to Outlook so that I can now access hotmail through Outlook. However, I also have an Ipaq Pocket PC, and I am trying to download my email from this hotmail account to my IPAQ when I sync. Unfortunately, the default Inbox account is the only one that seems to sync. I don't have any email going to that account, so my inbox on my IPAQ is always empty. Does anyone know how to switch this so that my outlook hotmail account will sync to my ipaq? Thanks! Clark <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

Blank tasks appearing in Outlook 2002.
I have a user who is experiencing a reoccurring problem with her tasks in Outlook. Every time she clicks on her calendar, in Outlook 2002, a blank task appears under her task folder. In addition; anyone viewing her calendar, from their respective PCs, that click on her calendar generates a blank task in the original user’s task folder. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? ...

move to archived folders works, archiving to same archived folders does not work
We are using Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2000. Most of our users work on Terminal Server. Their pst-files are stored on a directory on the file and print server. Some of these users can move mails from their mailbox to their archived folders, but cannot archive to it. They get the message that the pst file cannot be opened. However at that moment they can still browse in their archived folders, move mail to it and so on. For one user I created a new pst file, but the problem staid the same. Does anyone have experience with this? ...

Outlook and True Sync
I downloaded the patches for Office 2000, which is installed on my computer. I now get the following error message when I try to sync my Franklin-Covey planner to Outlook: "Outlook 98-E0001 TrueSunc could not connect to Outlook". I'm sure this is due to the new security fixes in the Office 2000 upgrades. Anyone have the fix? When I searched for the error message at the MSN site it provided 100 possible fixes--ouch!! cyberdog wrote: > I downloaded the patches for Office 2000, which is installed on my > computer. I now get the following error message when I try to...

How do I send an email to a group?
Outlook 2007 Vista SP-2 Along time ago I had a problem using a distribution list and was told that the feature is obsolete and no longer really works because of it. I was told to use the new Groups feature because Groups can do anything! Well, now I have all my contacts broken up into groups in my email application and I wanted to send them an email: First, I noticed that my address book does not show my contact's group. Second, I went into my "Contacts", selected the contacts and dragged them into the "To:" section of an email. To my surprise, EV...

Outlook Express > Outlook
Windows XP SP2 and Outlook 2003 Previously Outlook Express was used to store e-mail. I would like to know how to migrate these e-mails to Outlook Thanks "John Smith" <jbloggs@nospam.net> wrote in message news:e_GdnZFDN_xZpvHXnZ2dnUVZ8smdnZ2d@giganews.com... > Windows XP SP2 and Outlook 2003 > > Previously Outlook Express was used to store e-mail. I would like to know > how to migrate these e-mails to Outlook > > Thanks > In Outlook Express do File-Export-Messages-Outlook....or something like that. You have to configure Outlook with your mai...

Outlook 2003 Reminders
I keep getting this message and cannot figure out why? "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this appointment. MS OUtlook operation failed." I do not have any appointments that have been set up as recurring? I get the same message and I can't figure out what's wrong. Any luck or advice? - Rob "SammyJ" wrote: > I keep getting this message and cannot figure out > why? "There was a problem reading one or more of your > reminders. Some reminders...

Email of Statements
Can you use another pdf Writer other than Adobe for this feature No, you must use Adobe to use this particular feature. Kind of odd, isn't it? -- Charles Allen, MVP "rcr" wrote: > Can you use another pdf Writer other than Adobe for this feature yes and no. When print to pdf was added - 6.0 i think - there weren't many other options for creating pdf's. OK, now there are. But OK which ones do we add support for? Them all? Support for PDF output must support being able to automatically name the created output file without intervention. And I assume many bu...

Re: Junk mail doesnt filter when rules are enabled
Yes, I am dealing with this problem. I get mail from three pop accounts. I filter ALL my email based on what mail account it comes from and put it into a corresponding folder. Outlook catches ZERO percent of my junk mail because of this.... How can we get outlook junkfilter to work right?? Thanks. A very frustrated Lawrence "Sholom Deen" <sdeen@diamonds.net> wrote in message news:2ad7b851.0311061241.1a580be9@posting.google.com... > I'm having the same problem. Apparently, the junk filters are applied > before any rules, and since in 2003 the filters are not sim...

Archive
Hi, I'm trying to archive some calendar items and have found the archive settings for the folder. When I run the archive process the items are not moved from the calendar and the folder size is not reduced. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to set this up so that items prior to a point in time can be moved off so that the size of my calendar folder doesn't reach the size limit of my over zealous exchange administrator. Cheers, Darren. Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to...

Automatic mail retrieval w/Outlook 2003
Is it possible to have Outlook 2003 automatically check for new mail on startup? I'm on a home computer and just installed Office 2K3, but can't figure how to set OL2003 to check my email when I start it up. I have to manually hit the send/receive button. I see the option to automatically check when I shut down Outlook, but not when I start outlook. I'm on an always on cable connection, so I'm always connected when I run OL2K3. I figured since this option is in Outlook Express, it should also be in Outlook, but where? If you have a polling interval set in your Send/Recei...

Repair PST file in Outlook
Hi I have spent hours and hours to solve this problem: My PC broke down and I had to repair the outlook 2000 pst- file. Ewerything seemed to work just fine when repairinh. I was told that most messeges were repaired, Whe I imported the mail-folders it also seemed to be just fine BUT ALL IMPORTED FOLDERS WERE EMPTY. I did watch the import-proces and I'm sure that a lot of mails were im fact imported (names were shown). Also when a folder contained many mails it took quit some time to import. the "new" pst file were app. the same size before and after repair. I have followed...

Exporting japanese from Express to Outlook
I am trying to help a friend of mine who is japanese and who has problem with exporting Outlook Express messages to Outlook. The proble is the following: . When exporting the messages written in japanese i.e. Kanji as well a Hiragana and Katakana the result in Outlook is a range of signs tha has got nothing to do with the original message. . I could not find any option allowing me to change the mail forma that's received in Outlook although the japanese language coding i activated... . Furthermore the same problem happens quite often when sending mail t people using hotmail or other m...

Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2003 PROBLEM
Tried the beta and it really bogged down my machine, especially Outlook. Finally tired of the whole thing and uninstalled office 2007 beta, then of course had to reinstall outlook 2003. Now I have NO send/receive button on toolbar (it appears for a split second when starting up), and the function is no longer available under the Tools commands menu (nor the Cusomize Commnds window. I tried a repair to no avail. ANyone have a clue how I can get it back and functioning. F9 key does not work either. Paul Use system restore to return to a period before the beta was installed and repair offi...

OUTLOOK #183
After loading Office 2000 again after getting rid of the Sasser worm- everything is working, internet connection (Comcast-High speed Internet), Word, Excell etc. BUT, Cannot install Outlook...Keeps giving error message..."click on link for more info" -> which throws me to "UPDATES ARE AVAILABLE"- After updating a few files..still cannot get into Outlook. I have no idea what to do or where to start ...

Outlook to Outlook TNEF Problem
Hi everyone, I've looked through the groups and have come across a number of users with issues relating to OE and TNEF encoding and problems opening attachments. My problem is slightly different. One of my users cannot receiving attachments from one sender. The sender is using Outlook 2000 with exchange 2000. My user is using outlook 2003 with exchange 2003. If i get the sender to cc me (I'm outlook 2003 as well) I receive the attachment fine. I've checked on the exchange server and the attachment is arriving fine from the sender. The only difference that I can see between the ...

IMAP in Outlook Express
IMAP accounts in OE have a special tab called IMAP. This tab enables by default special folders: Sent Items ("Sent Items path") and Drafts ("Drafts path"). But since there's just one checkbox, how can one enable just ONE of the special folders? Blank entries aren't accepted. That's it, that's the question. For those of you who might ask "who needs to enable just one folder?" instead of answering the question, I'll provide a real life example. Gmail's instructions clearly state: enable Drafts WITHOUT enabling Sent Items, a...

Archiving pages
Hi All, The pages in one of the our publishing site are around 1500. So it?s showing effect on search crawling index and sometimes throwing an error like System out of memory (usually in full crawl). Our ram size is 4 gb for index server. Is there any method for archive the pages in page document library. And the important thing is the data must be handy, so the archival process should accommodate ability to retrieve the archived content quickly. pls suggest me. Thanks in Advance sukumar.k Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Consuming WebServices...