Archiving in Outlook 2003 #2

Hi,

I'm trying to set up one of my users to AutoArchive only her Sent
Items folder.  We're in an exchange 2003 environment, and she has
Outlook 2003.  She has a quite large directory structure.  So as I see
it, the obvious way to do this is first to set the following options
in her global archive settings:
-Check "Run autoarchive every 7 days"
-uncheck prompt
-uncheck delete
-uncheck archive or delete old items

Then in the folder-specific archive settings for the Sent Items
folder:
-Check "Archive this folder using these settings"
-Clean out items older than 6 months
-move old items to: (pst file location)

However, I then go File-Archive-Archive all folders according to their
AutoArchive Settings, and nothing works.  The status briefly says
archiving and nothing moves.  I've made sure that there are items in
Sent Items that have date modified older than 6 months.  If I try to
manually archive items from sent items it works.

So is the fact that in the global settings I have "archive or delete
old items" unchecked mean that I can't set individual folders to
archive?  Is there something else going on here?  My other option is
to set the global policy for the settings that I want for the Sent
Item folder, then turn off archiving for all other folders, but she
has so many folders and subfolders that this will be quite time-
consuming.  I also suspect I'll have other users in the future with a
similar scenario, so I'd like to figure out if there's a simple way to
accomplish this.

Thanks,
Adam

OE6 to Outlook 2000
I was having problems with OE6 so I changed to Outlook 2000 (if you know how I upgrade that to newest version I'd be appreciative). Anyway, after importing messages from OE6 to Outlook, all the messages I sent are not dated, but say "none" under the received column, so I don't have a good chronological hierarchy of my mails. Also when I send a mail (rather than replying to one) the same thing happens...no date. I am sure it is something I am doing wrong but I can't find any setting to correct it. Thank you in advance for any help. Dan On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:33...

x400 #2
When I create a new mail enabled user in Exchange 2003 the x400 doesn't appear automatically and the new user can not access OWA or set up the email in any client. How do I make that automatically appear? I can't even seem to set it up manually. Thank you for any help. Kerry Kerry Are you using Exchange active directory users and computers and not the one for active Directory? "Kerry Murphy" wrote: > When I create a new mail enabled user in Exchange 2003 the x400 doesn't > appear automatically and the new user can not access OWA or set up the email > in an...

CSocket problem #2
Hi there I'm having a problem with a byte stream socket connection. It seems that in heavy traffic, the receive buffer sometimes gets full. As the byte stream is interpreted as messages in the application I end up with half a message. So I expect the missing half to appear during the next OnReceive(..). But it seems that some bytes are lost, and as I don't have start/stop indicators on the messages (only a length field) I go totally off track. Will the socket actually throw away received traffic when the incoming buffer is full, or? /Riverwind Hi I am not sure of this but i thin...

setup email account in outlook
Hi, I want to setup an email account in outlook, but my email account is not hotmail, and it asks me about the incoming and outgoing mail server, can I ask how to find the address of the mail server? Thx. Adrian Well...you can look at any documentation that your ISP supplied......or you can visit your ISP's website where most of them put all the details that you might need HTH..Simon "adrian" <adrian8311@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23O7MZzvwDHA.3116@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I want to setup an email account in outlook, but my email account is n...

outlook inbox #8
For some reason I am require to refresh my inbox before I can see any new arriving emails. How can I fix this? OL2002: You Cannot Receive New E-mail Notifications in Environments That Use the Network Address Translation: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305572&Product=ol2002 Windows XP-Based Clients Do Not Receive "New Mail" Notification Messages After You Install Service Pack 1: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815052&Product=ol2002 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion int...

PDF: How to install Service Pack 1 for SBS 2003
Hi all, Because of the server move I took the PDF for SP1 offline because it was causing to much traffic on the old server. It is again available at: How to install Service Pack 1 for SBS 2003: http://www.smallbizserver.net/Default.aspx?tabid=266&articleType=ArticleView&articleId=68 Bye -- Mari�tte Knap Microsoft SBS-MVP One of the Magical M&M's www.smallbizserver.net Take part in SBS forum: http://www.smallbizserver.net/Default.aspx?tabid=53 ...

Tables in Publisher #2
I produce a 84 page A5 sized handbook for a sports league. I put a copy of last years league tables in the handbook. There are 8 seperate leagues over two pages. Whilst the tables are small, there is space to make the tables bigger, but I cannot seem to achieve this by the obviuos methods. Also I'd like to reduce the size between the columns in the tables - but again fail to do this. It's the second year of the handbook and I'm sure that I typed the tables from scratch last year. Any idea's?? -- Thanks Squashed Tom What happens when you try to enlarge the table? Can you se...

messages moved to Junk Email folder just disappear (Outlook 2007)
I am using Outlook 2007. When email is manually moved to Junk Email folder the counter is set OK, but the messages is never there. I just see a message, "There are no items to show in this view". Also for the past week NOTHING gets sent to the Junk Email folder although I normally get 2-3 a day. No new software was installed, nor were any changes made within Outlook. I ran the program, "outlook.exe /resetfolders", but that did not help. i am running Vista. Thanks much. Sounds like you have your view set to show unread items only or have a fil...

Can a hyperlink open 2 files
I need a hyperlink to open a file then open a 2nd file straight after with one click on the cell. 2 cells containing the seperate files to open are as follows. 1. =HYPERLINK(("D:\PRN Files\misc\"&I3&"\"&A3&".prn"),"click here") 2. =HYPERLINK(("D:\Images\misc\"&I3&"\"&A3&".jpg"),"click here") I3 is the folder name and A3 is the filename I need something like this (Just an eg so you know what I mean) =HYPERLINK(("D:\PRN Files\misc\"&I3&"\"&A3&&...

Outlook 2003 icon changes randomly
Not a big deal but very weird: My outlook icon (both on the desktop, and the QuickNav bar) changes every other time I restart Windows: Sometimes its the new orange icon Sometimes its the Office 2000 icon. Very strange. I'm running Windows 2000. I can't figure out how this could happen. When its showing the old icon, it still loads the new version. Also, if I right-click, properties...change icon, only the old icon shows in the list of choices. Any clues? Eric ...

Vista/Outlook
I backed up my Palm Treo information in Outlook when running XP. Now I am setting up in Vista. If I buy a copy of Outlook, will it run on Vista? Do I need to do that? On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 09:55:31 -0500, "Dean Dowling" <dean63@gmail.com> wrote: >I backed up my Palm Treo information in Outlook when running XP. Now I am >setting up in Vista. If I buy a copy of Outlook, will it run on Vista? Do I >need to do that? http://search.microsoft.com/search.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US Try entering "something like" outlook windows vista On Tue, 30 Dec 200...

email in Outlook
I have a hotmail account for my email. I was able to succesfully add this account to Outlook so that I can now access hotmail through Outlook. However, I also have an Ipaq Pocket PC, and I am trying to download my email from this hotmail account to my IPAQ when I sync. Unfortunately, the default Inbox account is the only one that seems to sync. I don't have any email going to that account, so my inbox on my IPAQ is always empty. Does anyone know how to switch this so that my outlook hotmail account will sync to my ipaq? Thanks! Clark <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

Blank tasks appearing in Outlook 2002.
I have a user who is experiencing a reoccurring problem with her tasks in Outlook. Every time she clicks on her calendar, in Outlook 2002, a blank task appears under her task folder. In addition; anyone viewing her calendar, from their respective PCs, that click on her calendar generates a blank task in the original user’s task folder. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? ...

move to archived folders works, archiving to same archived folders does not work
We are using Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2000. Most of our users work on Terminal Server. Their pst-files are stored on a directory on the file and print server. Some of these users can move mails from their mailbox to their archived folders, but cannot archive to it. They get the message that the pst file cannot be opened. However at that moment they can still browse in their archived folders, move mail to it and so on. For one user I created a new pst file, but the problem staid the same. Does anyone have experience with this? ...

Formatting Rows #2
I want to have a spreadsheet with columns that have different sizes. I want perhaps 10 columns with one margine/size and I want to be able to change the colum size for the next 20 rows without changing the columns above them. Then I want to be able to print the sheet. Any ideas? Hi It can not be done :-( Regards, Per "gsmjackie" <gsmjackie@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:F250E7A8-408F-4B1E-9468-B53530CCF2A2@microsoft.com... >I want to have a spreadsheet with columns that have different sizes. I want > perhaps 10 columns with one margine/size a...

Outlook and True Sync
I downloaded the patches for Office 2000, which is installed on my computer. I now get the following error message when I try to sync my Franklin-Covey planner to Outlook: "Outlook 98-E0001 TrueSunc could not connect to Outlook". I'm sure this is due to the new security fixes in the Office 2000 upgrades. Anyone have the fix? When I searched for the error message at the MSN site it provided 100 possible fixes--ouch!! cyberdog wrote: > I downloaded the patches for Office 2000, which is installed on my > computer. I now get the following error message when I try to...

Outlook Express > Outlook
Windows XP SP2 and Outlook 2003 Previously Outlook Express was used to store e-mail. I would like to know how to migrate these e-mails to Outlook Thanks "John Smith" <jbloggs@nospam.net> wrote in message news:e_GdnZFDN_xZpvHXnZ2dnUVZ8smdnZ2d@giganews.com... > Windows XP SP2 and Outlook 2003 > > Previously Outlook Express was used to store e-mail. I would like to know > how to migrate these e-mails to Outlook > > Thanks > In Outlook Express do File-Export-Messages-Outlook....or something like that. You have to configure Outlook with your mai...

Outlook 2003 Reminders
I keep getting this message and cannot figure out why? "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this appointment. MS OUtlook operation failed." I do not have any appointments that have been set up as recurring? I get the same message and I can't figure out what's wrong. Any luck or advice? - Rob "SammyJ" wrote: > I keep getting this message and cannot figure out > why? "There was a problem reading one or more of your > reminders. Some reminders...

Re: Junk mail doesnt filter when rules are enabled
Yes, I am dealing with this problem. I get mail from three pop accounts. I filter ALL my email based on what mail account it comes from and put it into a corresponding folder. Outlook catches ZERO percent of my junk mail because of this.... How can we get outlook junkfilter to work right?? Thanks. A very frustrated Lawrence "Sholom Deen" <sdeen@diamonds.net> wrote in message news:2ad7b851.0311061241.1a580be9@posting.google.com... > I'm having the same problem. Apparently, the junk filters are applied > before any rules, and since in 2003 the filters are not sim...

Archive
Hi, I'm trying to archive some calendar items and have found the archive settings for the folder. When I run the archive process the items are not moved from the calendar and the folder size is not reduced. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to set this up so that items prior to a point in time can be moved off so that the size of my calendar folder doesn't reach the size limit of my over zealous exchange administrator. Cheers, Darren. Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to...

Automatic mail retrieval w/Outlook 2003
Is it possible to have Outlook 2003 automatically check for new mail on startup? I'm on a home computer and just installed Office 2K3, but can't figure how to set OL2003 to check my email when I start it up. I have to manually hit the send/receive button. I see the option to automatically check when I shut down Outlook, but not when I start outlook. I'm on an always on cable connection, so I'm always connected when I run OL2K3. I figured since this option is in Outlook Express, it should also be in Outlook, but where? If you have a polling interval set in your Send/Recei...

Repair PST file in Outlook
Hi I have spent hours and hours to solve this problem: My PC broke down and I had to repair the outlook 2000 pst- file. Ewerything seemed to work just fine when repairinh. I was told that most messeges were repaired, Whe I imported the mail-folders it also seemed to be just fine BUT ALL IMPORTED FOLDERS WERE EMPTY. I did watch the import-proces and I'm sure that a lot of mails were im fact imported (names were shown). Also when a folder contained many mails it took quit some time to import. the "new" pst file were app. the same size before and after repair. I have followed...

Exporting japanese from Express to Outlook
I am trying to help a friend of mine who is japanese and who has problem with exporting Outlook Express messages to Outlook. The proble is the following: . When exporting the messages written in japanese i.e. Kanji as well a Hiragana and Katakana the result in Outlook is a range of signs tha has got nothing to do with the original message. . I could not find any option allowing me to change the mail forma that's received in Outlook although the japanese language coding i activated... . Furthermore the same problem happens quite often when sending mail t people using hotmail or other m...

Need help with moving Public folder from exch 2000 to 2003
I am trying to upgrade my server from Exch 2000 to 2003. I moved all the users mailbox without problem but can't seem to move the public folder. I try setting up replication but doesn't seem to work. any white paper or KB that give the procedure? I tried searching the site for days already but never seem to find an answer for this. There are lots of article on how to move from 5.5 to 2000 but none from 2000 to 2003 This kb might be useful as it discusses how to troubleshoot replication issues http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;842273 Regards Gordon ...

Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2003 PROBLEM
Tried the beta and it really bogged down my machine, especially Outlook. Finally tired of the whole thing and uninstalled office 2007 beta, then of course had to reinstall outlook 2003. Now I have NO send/receive button on toolbar (it appears for a split second when starting up), and the function is no longer available under the Tools commands menu (nor the Cusomize Commnds window. I tried a repair to no avail. ANyone have a clue how I can get it back and functioning. F9 key does not work either. Paul Use system restore to return to a period before the beta was installed and repair offi...