Archiving in Outlook 2002 (XP) SP1

I have set the Auto-Archive setting in options to archive
all folders according to the setting I have indicated. It
appears to archive but when I check the folder no items
are displayed. The items "modified date" are of age to be
archived? I have also attempted to set the archive date
directly onto the folder that I want to archive and this
does nothing. Any help would be appreaciated.
0
anonymous (74721)

inbox and went to parts unknown.  I also tried to set
individual folder and changed file location, etc.
eventually I lost even the limited archived files that I
had.    Let me know if you find a good source of
information.   I can find nothing helpful
0
anonymous (74721)

Entering Partial Recipient Names (Outlook 2002)
Hi! I've read Ben's question dated 04-20-2005 and Russ' answer: ..... autocomplete has nothing to do with your Contacts data. Names are entered into the autocompletion cache only as you send messages .... If I understand this correctly it means that if I enter johndoe@abc.com once, Outlook will always (also) list John Doe when I enter "joh ". John is not necessarily in my Contacts. How can I delete the autocompletion cache or at least get rid of John from that list? TIA - Robert Rob <krekmek@hotmail.com> wrote: > How can I delete the autocompletion cach...

Outlook 2003 Cannot Send from Outbox
Correction to earlier post. FORWARDING MESSAGES that remain in outbox after send does work to send those messages. Original messages (that would not send) remain in Outbox and must be deleted. I have not been able to determine a pattern of why certain messages remain in Outbox and cannot be sent. Progress indicator does NOT indicate sending messages (or attempting to) and no error messages exist in program or log file. But Outlook does flag on shutdown for messages in Outbox. Again, this seems to be a bug in Outlook 2003. ...

Outlook crashes and restarts
Outlook 2002, 10.6515.6626, SP3 Sometimes when I paste an image or a block of text into a new email and then hit Enter a few times, Outlook Crashes. Win XP Pro Does anyone have a fix for this? ...

Problem *sending* .pdf files from Outlook 2002
I've scanned through the posts here and can't seem to find a problem that exactly resembles mine. I'm trying to send .pdf files, from Outlook 2002 SP3, to computers that are reading them in Outlook Express. When they're sent from another computer using Outlook 2003 they arrive fine. When they're sent from this computer running Outlook 2002 they arrive with the paper clip icon, but when you open the message by double-clicking on it there is no attachment there. How do I need to change Outlook 2002 so that the pdf files can be sent from this machine? Thanks! M...

Outlook 2003 #220
Running Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2000 on Windows XP after a few minutes( about 10 baloon pops up stating Outlook cannot connect to Exchange server it also brings up (sometimes username and password box) after repeated ballons Outlook will either connect on it's own or crash but Outlook.exe still runs in the process list only way back up is tro kill the process. Any ideas???? ...

unsafe attachments in Windows XP-Outlook Express
I previously recvd some emails with attachments I was unable to open, but I had always deleted them rather than processing the update suggested. I could previously open all other attachments, except the few with this error message. About Dec.10 I decided to follow the instructions to download (I'm not sure what), it was going to allow me to open one of these attachments. I did so, and since then have been receiving a message on ALL emails with any attachment of "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: "title of email attachment".eml"...

Money SP1 Update Issue Fixed
You should now be able to install the SP1 update with Money 2007 the issue has been fixed although it may take a day or two for all the servers to be fixed but most should work now I beleive Steve ...

Only Synch CRM to Outlook not Outlook to CRM
Is it possible to turn off one side of the synchronization so that it only goes from CRM to Outlook? We want CRM to be our main point of entry and have it send contacts to Outlook. Thanks. -- TC ...

Scheduling for Group in Outlook 2002
Hello, I am a manager of a group of 5. Our group works a 4 day week with rotating schedules. Every month I use a spreadsheet to creat a work schedule. I am wondering if it is possible for me to set their calandar through Outlook. We are on an Exchange server so I have the ability to see their workday shedules. I would like to create a monthly schedule for the group and push it out through Outlook. Is this possible? Thanks in Advance Frank You have two Options: Setting a calendar in the Public Folder, or you creating a Sub Calendar under your calendar, which from there, you ca...

Outlook 7 display all tasks including repeated
In Outlook 7 tasks when you have a repeated task only the next task is diplayed. How do I change that so all tasks are displayed. For example if I have a task repeated every week and I look three weeks ahead to see what tasks are scheduled for that day it is not indicated. -- John07726 You can't. The next task of a repeated task is only generated after you have marked the current task as finished. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http:...

Outlook attachments #7
I attached an image to an email and now every time I send other attachments, that original image attaches itself too. Does anyone know how to prevent this? Thanks, grimbo What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this group does not support Outlook Express. Also, what message format are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer grimbo <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I attached an image to an email and now every time I send | other attachm...

Outlook 2003 folder list
I have several mailbox accounts listed in my folder list. Is there a way to change the order in which those accounts show on the folder list. Example: Mailbox - Help is listed below Mailbox - Reports; I would want to change the order to be Mailbox - Help then Mailbox - Reports. How would I do that? The default delivery location/account is always sorted at the top of the list first, then we sort alphabetically after that. Many of us use "1-(account)" then "2-(account)" to force the sorting to place specific accounts above others. -- Hope that helps!! Thank you! ...

setting up forwarding through Outlook 2000
Is there a way to setup to automatically forward emails to another address through Outlook 2000 running Oracle? I tried the directions for Exchange but started receiving error messages that they could not be sent. What do you mean by 'Outlook 2000 running Oracle'? Have you tried using the Rules Wizard? "ras" <ras_nb@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e4Z66pi9FHA.2640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to setup to automatically forward emails to another address > through Outlook 2000 running Oracle? I tried the directions for Exchange > but star...

Outlook contacts error
Greetings, Everytime I open the contacts in outlook I get the following pop up error. Does anyknow what it is and how do I stop it? //////////////////////////////////// The custom form could not be opened. Outlook will use an outlook form instead. The form required to view this message could not be displayed. Contact your administrator. //////////////////////////////////// I click ok and everything is fine! (except for that annoying message) ...

OUTLOOK OFFLINE FILES
Does anyone know how to set up outlook so the personal folder is an offline file. That way when I leave the home, all of the appointments I placed on the desktop will be on the laptop Thanx Offline files are for use with Exchange. Your .pst file is already "offline" - how do you propose transferring the files from your desktop to your laptop? CD? Zip disk? Thumb drive? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without...

outlook doesn't close
Hello, When I close outlook 2000 on my WinXP machine I always get the box "Please wait while Microsoft Outlook exits" I wait and it never completes...this message doesn't dissappear. Anybody have a fix? Thank you for your help, Nick Do you have a PDA? Fax Software? Franklin Covey? AV set to scan incoming mail? Any other software that is depedent upon Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.gr...

Empty outbox but Outlook tries to send
Hi NG, When I press send/receive Outlook shows in its status bar that it works on sending emails (Sending messages 1 of 4) but there is not mail in outbox. As a result I currently cannot send any other mails since Outlook keeps working on the 4 emails I don't see. Any ideas, I am clueless? - Thanks a lot for any help!!!! Dirk ...

Outlook rules puzzle for clever people....help please!
I have a puzzle which I would like someone to help solve if at all possible! If I may explain..... I have two business email accounts on two separate networks which cannot be connected together. On both networks the client software is Outlook 2003. With Network A, I can only access emails while physically in the office. With Network B, I can access emails from any physical location via webmail. I would rather manage all of my email in one place which is accessible from anywhere. It is trivially easy to do this on Hetwork A, by configuring an Outlook rule on Network B to redirect or...

Add Holidays in Calendar Options not working in Outlook 2007
My Holidays disappeared a morning after I followed the directions correctly, so I tried to redo the steps today, Tools, Options, Calendar options, Add Holidays, and nothing happens. Version of Outlook? Do you get the message that the holidays were added previously? Do you see them if you view the calendar using All appointments view? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly ...

Outllok XP send mail very slowly
Dear I have using outlook xp sp3 with Internet services account. When I send message click send/received buttom, the details show completed first, after decrease to 50%, 30% .25%, after show 0x800CCC0B error message. I have try increase the server time-out to max, but not change, is any possible solution solve out this error. Also I have try remove norton antivirus and no windows firewall install on this PC. Thanks Jackie Wong 111@it.com <111@it.com> wrote: > Also I have try remove norton antivirus Did you try to remove it or did you actually remove it? With some versions of...

XP won't start... BSOD
I have a Dell Dimension 8250 with Windows XP installed. While browsing a streaming video site, I received an IE error message saying that Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and will shut down. After logging back in to IE, it happened again so I did a re-start. On restart, I received startup message: we apologize for the inconvenience but windows did not shut down properly and the normal full screen explanation. I just powered down as I have done before but got the message again followed by the bsod. The technical information I received was as follows: stop: 0x0000...

Conditional formatting.... Excel 2002
Hi, In Conditional formatting I am only permitted upto 3 Conditions but I have 6 conditions how may I overcome. Do later Excel revisions allow for more conditions in Conditional fromatting? Thanks Gunjani Excel 12 will support unlimited CFs. You can do it in earlier versions with VBA, such as Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const WS_RANGE As String = "H1:H10" On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range(WS_RANGE)) Is Nothing Then With Target Select Case .Value Case ...

Best Practice
Hi. Could someone please advise the best way to move Outlook data from an old PC (with Office 2002) to a new PC (with Office 2003)? I have already saved the Office settings (using the 'Save my Settings' wizard) and then imported them into the new Office installation. However, what is the best way to move Outlook data? Also, I am not looking for an exact mirror image of the older Outlook installations, but would like to trim down the Inbox folders somewhat. Thanks The Help files tell you: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx Stick to this procedure. D...

Cannot start Outlook
I have loaded Outlook XP following using Beta 2003. When I try to use outlook from shortcut for Email, I get the following message - "Cannot Start Outlook. Unable to display the selected folder or item. Could not open the item. Try Again" When clicking "OK" I am returned to my desktop. If I use Start > Programs> Outlook I receive a series of error messages (1) Unable to open default folders. Cannot open the item, try again -"OK" (2) Would you like to open your default system folder instead - "Yes" (3) Receive Visual C++ Runtime Library Window ...

Setting TCP/IP Ports for Exchange 2003 and Outlook Client Connections Through a Firewall
Hi All! We have an Exchange 2003 server behind NAT router. I want one MAPI client from DMZ zone to acces the exchange server (since SQL mailing client requires a MAPI profile to send the e-mails). I searched the net for the ports I need to open/forward so the MAPI connection could be established. I tried the MS Article ID:155831, but the registry keys they are talking about doesn't exist. Probalby the article is about the 2000 exchange. Then I opened for the port 135 and now it points to the exchange server, so clients from DMZ zone can access directly the exchange server establishing ...