archiving emails #2

Hi,
When I archive my emails, I find that attachments are also being
archive with the emails.
Is there a way which allows me to only archive the email and not its
attachments?

thanks

0
moley_cruz (45)

In news:1134832411.359443.45580@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
Lynn <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> typed:
> Hi,
> When I archive my emails, I find that attachments are also being
> archive with the emails.
> Is there a way which allows me to only archive the email and not its
> attachments?
>
> thanks

The attachments are part of the messages, so, no. What is it you wish to do,
exactly?

0
lanwench (7567)
12/17/2005 3:18:47 PM
"Lynn" <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi,
> When I archive my emails, I find that attachments are also being
> archive with the emails.
> Is there a way which allows me to only archive the email and not its
> attachments?
>
> thanks

Attachments are not some object floating out there somewhere.  They aren't a
separate file.  They aren't out on some mail server waiting for you to yank
them.  They are *in* the message.  Your entire mail is nothing but raw
plain-text with sections contained therein to demark where are the
text-encoded attachments.

http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Attachment-Save.asp
Costs $30. No downloadable trial versions (i.e., no try-and-buy).

Post replies to the newsgroup - Share with others.
E-mail: Remove "NIX" and append "#LAH" to Subject.

Receive email in real-time
We have several PCs in our company that are receiving Exchange email messages in real-time, whereas others have to click Send/Receive within MS Outlook to receive their email. How do I setup Exchange where all users can receive their email instantaneously on any machine in the organization onto which they logon. Thanks in advance, Mervin Williams Hi, You can't configure Exchange to not deliver emails instantly to Outlook users. This is an Outlook setting and will have to be configured here. Leif "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> skrev i en meddelel...

Activities in Specific Folders #2
In Outlook 2003 I want to be able to search e-mails in the activites tab of contacts. However I have thousands of saved spams (for the purpose of training Spam Bayes). Is there a way to tell Outlook to only search for activites in my "Legit Mail" folder and not waste time searching through spam? ...

Page 1 Flashing; But Page 2 is OK
Someone just sent be a two-page-legal size brochure in Publiser 2003. I too use Publisher 2003. As I open it Page 1 begins FLASHING!! (refreshing) every 1/2 second.... when I click on tab 2 - it is OK, still as should be./// I tried clicking several things to stop the randon screen-updating (craziness) but no joy. What possibly could be happening and what can I do to fix? TIA, JMMay What happens if you select view, pictures, no or fast resize and zoom? How to troubleshoot video issues in Office programs http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907349/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.m...

Access 2007 Email Features
I'm still running Access 2003. I have several Access databases that email reports to recipients. Currently, it's not an easy task, thanks to MS Security features added in Service Pack 2. I'm using on control to create the access report to a PDF, then use the old cdo method to send the PDF to Outlook and bypass Outlook's security warning. I was curious if Access 2007 has made it any easier to email an Access report via Outlook and not display a security warning. Has anyone tried Access 2007 version and sent Access reports with VBA via Outlook and if so, does Outlook stil...

merged cells #2
hello, is there a way to merge cells without losing the data in each individual cell? i have a formula that i want to drag across into other cells. however one of the cells i am referring to is a merge of two cells in the same row (A1 and B1 have been merged and the data is now in A1). weirdly the formula still refers to the cell B1 even though I cannot access it. i either want the formula refer to A1, C1,E1 etc as I drag & paste OR I want o be able to store data in 2 parts of a merged cell. any ideas? ellebelle is there a way to merge cells without losing the data in each indi...

2 different Deleted Items folders??
Decided to try Outlook after years with OE. Set up email and news accounts. Imported messages from OE. When I open Outlook, show Folders, I see Outlook Today - [Personal Folders], Deleted Items, Inbox, etc. I emptied the Deleted Items folder. Then, View, Goto, News, show Folders, I see Outlook Newsreader, Local Folders, then most of the same folders that I see under Personal Folders in the Outlook window, including another Deleted Items folder, and this one isn't empty. Where did I go wrong? Al The Outlook Newsreader is actually Outlook Express which maintains its own folder...

Expression comparing fields from 2 forms
Can I palce a text box in a form with an expression to compare 2 fields? one from the main form and one from a subform? The following is not working =[VehiclesDayMiles:Opening MilesT]-[VehiclesDayMilesLastByGroupQ: LastOfClosing Miles] Thanks Quinto -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200801/1 On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 04:29:44 GMT, "quinto via AccessMonster.com" <u35571@uwe> wrote: >Can I palce a text box in a form with an expression to compare 2 fields? one >from the main form and one from a subform? The fo...

Reminders for unsent Outlook emails
I would like to be able to create a reminder in an email "string" that is not intended to be sent. Outlook 2007 indicates that the reminder flag will not be set until the email is sent. This was an useful option in Outlook 2003 and I'd like to be able to use it in Outlook 2007. Ideas? Options? ...

sending email in CRM 4 Live
Can someone please explain to me how to configure my CRM 4 live account to send an email? For the life of my I can't figure it out. Under Settings there are several options for Outgoing email none of which seem to work: -None -Email Router -Dynamics CRM for Outlook None of these lets me send an email to my contacts. I'll say upfront that I shouldn't have to install something to send an email. Alternatively, in frustration, I signed up for a SalesForce 30 day trial and was successfully sending an email in <5 minutes. Surely, I'm doing something wrong here. If someone c...

How come my email is stuck in my outbox?
I have Outlook 2007. My emails are hung up in the Outbox. I know have 20 emails that I tried to send that are still there....I can delete them but any email I send gets hung up there...????? -- Jim R. 1) are you online at the time? 2) check your account settings? outbound smtp server is reachable? "Jim R" <JimR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08C4545D-0552-42A0-8FC8-04E619359F17@microsoft.com... >I have Outlook 2007. My emails are hung up in the Outbox. I know have 20 > emails that I tried to send that are still there....I can delete them bu...

stop emails from auto opening
does anyone know how to stop emails from opening automatically? I only want them to show as open if I double click or open them by choice. Turn off auto-preview. How that's done may depend upon your version of Outlook. View > Autopreview. "Alicia" <Alicia @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D0CD7D5-863D-4043-8612-96818299101F@microsoft.com... > does anyone know how to stop emails from opening automatically? I only want > them to show as open if I double click or open them by choice. "Alicia" <Alicia @discussions.micr...

Matrix in 2.0
When creating a size range XS to XXL the system displays this in alpherbetical order not the order created. How can I fix this? Andy, it depends how you done that if during the setup time of matrix you have specific X, XXL, XXXL and so on it will do and create the item in structural way else. it won't. totally base on the way you created your matrix setup. "Andy B" wrote: > When creating a size range XS to XXL the system displays this in > alpherbetical order not the order created. How can I fix this? ...

Drop Down Boxes #2
I've forgotten how to add drop down boxes in excel. I want to be able to have the user select say apple, orange, bannana and enter it into the cell. I know dumb question just been awhile any help would be appreciated, thx. ...

Forward email to external address
I am using Exchange from SBS 2003. I am trying to forward mail for a particular user to an external email account. I have set up a contact in ADUC with the appropriate external email address and changed the user's properties to forward incoming mail to the contact. All mail from any domain except the one that is being forwarded to is bounced back to the sender with a 5.7.1 NDR as follows: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: contactname on 1/8/2004 10:25 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administ...

Code 0x800C0155,2
Windows mail can not be started, mail mailbox data is currently being used by another program, such as a virus scanner. Close program and wait for it to complete its operation. Have you tried disabling the email scanning in your antivirus software? If you can't do it by just opening the product and deselecting an option, your product may require reinstallation to do that. You would have to custom install and deselect email scanning. "Swashbuckler" <Swashbuckler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CB2ADC9-A023-400E-8D8B-324E262F133A@micros...

working with multiple worksheets #2
I would like to collect data from one specific cell (cell E3) in 90 worksheets and have this data placed in one column from 1-90 on one single worksheet. Is there a way to do this without doing it one by one? Hi! Are you using the default sheet names? (probably not, huh?) If there is some common sequence in the sheet names then a formula could probably be crafted to do this. Biff "Shaun" <Shaun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8CEFE1A-1B25-41F9-B72F-103CB6AF476D@microsoft.com... >I would like to collect data from one specific cell (cell E3) in 90 &g...

Having random problems with FW: email
On our old Exchange 5.5 server we had problems with two accounts giving unknown user errors almost everytime you try to FW: email to them. The fix (short term) was to reboot the server 1 or 2 times and it worked. We migrated the Nt 4.0/exchange 5.5 over to 2003/Exchange 2003 and the problem still exists. I would appreciate any help leading me to fix this annoying issue. Rebooting the server every couple days isn't much fun! =( In Addition, looking through the settings of exchange I notice that I get Exchange MTA service not in service all the time. Is this supposed to be on? and how...

How do I set up a rule to sort mail by smtp email address?
I have a user with 2 smtp email addresses set up in Exchange. He would like to set up a rule in Outlook to move the mail from the seondary smtp address to a separate folder. Is this possible? I really don't want to create another user just to have a separate inbox. thanks, Take a look at WhichAddress application at http://www.ivasoft.biz "Kathy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<0d8401c3c675$d82f7d10$a501280a@phx.gbl>... > I have a user with 2 smtp email addresses set up in > Exchange. He would like to set up a rule in Ou...

Fully depreciate an asset #2
Hi, How can you fully depreciate an asset on the spot. i.e,i have entered an asset in the system and then decided to fully depreciate the asset. Thanks ...

XML help #2
I want to be able to draw in contact details from a number of databases but i don't know their layout or format, then i want to import that information into my database in my format. I don't want a solution, just a place to start researching. -- Regards, Matt ...

May anyone help to receive MS RMS 2.0 for testing?
May anyone help to receive DEMO-install vertion MS RMS 2.0 for testing? For example upload to your ftp and I download. Thanks in advance about your understanding and answer. On Jun 29, 3:02 am, RedFoxUA <RedFo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > May anyone help to receive DEMO-install vertion MS RMS 2.0 for testing? For > example upload to your ftp and I download. > > Thanks in advance about your understanding and answer. Try contacting New West Technologies. They are awesome RMS resellers and they might offer a 30 day demo of RMS. You can find them at http://www.new...

ignore first 2 characters
Is there anyway to format a cell so that it trims off the first 2 characters of the cell. For example my cell contains a query that shows PR101 or PL101. Is there a way to make it just show 101. For this application the PL and PR don't matter. Am I out of luck on this one or can it be done. Thanks. got to make a new column (if your #'s are in A, here's the function in B) = Right(A1,Len(a1)-2) HTH *** you aren't related to Jason Sneed (in charlotte)are you? "Sneed924" wrote: > Is there anyway to format a cell so that it trims off the first 2 characters &...

Outlook can't start after exporting email messages to it
I am running Outlook 2000 on a Windows 98 machine (700 mhz 450 mb of RAM). I accidentally hit export in Outlook Express 6, exporting over 700 email messages to Outlook. After that, when I am no longer able to start Outlook. It hangs at the initial start screen, and when I try to close it, a Windows error message pops up indicating the resource is low and Outlook has to be closed. Eventually it crashes Windows and I have to reboot. I am assuming all this is due to the large amount of email messages I exported from Outlook Express. Any idea how I can reverse this? Thanks much. ...

Outlook 2000 email
Greetings, I would very much appreciate it if someone can help me with this error. When I try to send a msg from Yahoo I get the following error: Message from yahoo.com. Unable to deliver message to the following address(es). <ahmed.wreidan@cnbcarabia.com>: 80.227.98.91 does not like recipient. Remote host said: 550 <ahmed.wreidan@cnbcarabia.com> Relaying denied Giving up on 80.227.98.91. We just swiched our DNS from New Zeland to AE. Thanks 80.227.98.91 is "dead" at the moment. Contact the ISP who owns this IP-range to get more info on the server. -- Roady...

Histograms #2
Hi, What is the quickest (and most efficient) way to do the=20 following: I have a set of data, which is a set of Rental Rates,=20 varying between a minimum value of =A320 and a maximum value=20 of =A360. I want to produce a Histogram which shows: the number of Rates that fall below =A330; the number of Rates that fall between =A330 and =A335; the number of Rates that fall between =A335 and =A340; the number of Rates that fall between =A340 and =A345; the number of Rates that fall between =A345 and =A350; the number of Rates that fall above =A350. How do I do this??? Gary - Use the FREQ...