archive.pst.2

In process of searching thru files on my PC I found two archive.pst files :
 1- archive.pst       1.2 GB (Todays file date)
 2- archive.pst.2    1.5 GB (older file date)

Is it safe to delete the archive.pst.2 file?

Thanks
Steve

Rename it so it has only the pst extension. Then look what's inside by
opening it in Outlook through File-> Open-> Outlook Data File...

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Steve Klenner" <steve_klenner@bsbcom.com> wrote in message
> In process of searching thru files on my PC I found two archive.pst files
> :
> 1- archive.pst       1.2 GB (Todays file date)
> 2- archive.pst.2    1.5 GB (older file date)
>
> Is it safe to delete the archive.pst.2 file?
>
> Thanks
> Steve

0
Roady

Barcode Printer #2
Can anyone recommend a good barcode printer? We are using Cognitive Advantage right now, but we are having alignment issues with it. Basicall it will from time to time print too low from the top margin, and another bigger issue is that the label seems to always get move, which makes everything out of alignment. I was looking at Datamax I Class printer, anyone has any experience with it? Thanks, Natt Zebra printers seem to be one of the most widely used barcode printers out there... "Natt" wrote: > Can anyone recommend a good barcode printer? We are using Cognitive...

Formatting Rows #2
I want to have a spreadsheet with columns that have different sizes. I want perhaps 10 columns with one margine/size and I want to be able to change the colum size for the next 20 rows without changing the columns above them. Then I want to be able to print the sheet. Any ideas? Hi It can not be done :-( Regards, Per "gsmjackie" <gsmjackie@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:F250E7A8-408F-4B1E-9468-B53530CCF2A2@microsoft.com... >I want to have a spreadsheet with columns that have different sizes. I want > perhaps 10 columns with one margine/size a...

move to archived folders works, archiving to same archived folders does not work
We are using Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2000. Most of our users work on Terminal Server. Their pst-files are stored on a directory on the file and print server. Some of these users can move mails from their mailbox to their archived folders, but cannot archive to it. They get the message that the pst file cannot be opened. However at that moment they can still browse in their archived folders, move mail to it and so on. For one user I created a new pst file, but the problem staid the same. Does anyone have experience with this? ...

Business Portal 3.0 Customization #2
Dear All I need to do a customization in PS Time & Expenses in Business Portal 3.0. I need to design a customized ASPX page and link it to one of the existing page in the PS Time & Expense module. I have included the menus and a new page using Sharepoint feature inside Business Portal itself. Now I need to add web parts (or) a web page as a link to be displayed in the page designed using Sharepoint. How can I track the Employee ID of the user who has logged in currently in Business Portal, so that I can user it in my customized page. I presume it could be a session variable, but I am ...

The location of the .pst-file!?!
Hi, I have noticed that Outlook's .pst-file by default is located in the 'Local Settings' part of the profile. What is the idea here? We are using roaming profiles partially because we can use a central backup system on all our users' profiles, but since this part of the profile isn't copied down to the server, there will be no backup of the .pst-file :-( I find it kind of risky to not have this file backuped... What does Microsofts suggest to do here? Regards, /LS Lennart Svenssson <lensv@ituf.liu.se> wrote: > I have noticed that Outlook's .p...

Importing a PST File #2
Further to my previous Posts. 1. I have backed up the outlook.pst file to CD using NERO 2. I have restored the outlook.pst file to a seperate folder 3. I have checked the file attribute and made sure the archive bit is off 4. I have run the scanpst program over the outlook.pst file. SCANPST came up with a large number of errors (I have the file). An example is: !!PMap page @6112768: PTYPE mismatch (read 00, expected 83) !!PMap page @6112768: BID mismatch (read 0, expected 5D4600) When I open or import the outlook.pst file, there are 2 empty folders... recovered and deleted. Any s...

comparing 2 similar columns on seperate work sheets in 1 workbook
How can I compare a column from worksheet 1 to a column in worksheet 2 of the same work book? BTW, the cell my have a number or text in it but not formulas "Dan" wrote: > How can I compare a column from worksheet 1 to a column in worksheet 2 of the > same work book? What are you looking for? If you want to find out if each cell in Column A of sheet1 appears in column A of sheet2, you could use a helper column of formulas: =isnumber(match(a1,sheet2!a:a,0)) and drag down And you could use the same kind of formula that will tell you if values in sheet2 appear in sheet1. ...

troubleshooting #2
Unable to access outlook functions: calender, contacts, tasks, etc.... Also, unable to sync with PDA. Once I click the Outlook icon, after some time I get the response that it is unable to locate appropriate folder, and suggests that the necessary dll.file may be missing. What might I do to resolve. Thanks State your Outlook version. State the error message more precisely. State the steps that produced your problem. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Todd" <ctcouch88@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message news:2c3c01c49da0$512b0ac0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Unable to access outl...

Rollup 2 Won't Install.
All I am trying to do is link up my Xbox 360 with my Laptop to use the Media Centre that I have installed on my computer. I learned that I needed to Install a “Extender” Update to my Media Centre Software, in order for my computer to see my Xbox and visa versa. This update failed to install and I was told to Uninstall and then Reinstall a previous “Rollup 2” Update as this was preventing the “Extenderer” Update. I successfully Uninstalled the Rollup 2 and then tried to reinstall it. The reinstall starts to go through the process but soon after it comes up with a message “Unab...

Quicken #2
Does Quicken handle vesting in 401k accounts? Yes. I switched from Money 2005 Premium to Quicken 2005 Premium and love it... The ads are fewer and farer between; no passport logon and no clunky, slow web-based interface. I regularly monitor the Money news group to see what's going on... JS "Jody Miller" <jodyemberly@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:iXMIe.2143$J7.1958@fe07.lga... > Does Quicken handle vesting in 401k accounts? > > > What was the conversion process like? I have about 8 years of data, how much of it will I have to reenter manual...

Archive
Hi, I'm trying to archive some calendar items and have found the archive settings for the folder. When I run the archive process the items are not moved from the calendar and the folder size is not reduced. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to set this up so that items prior to a point in time can be moved off so that the size of my calendar folder doesn't reach the size limit of my over zealous exchange administrator. Cheers, Darren. Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to...

Sign-In problem #2
I join the ranks of hundreds (thousands, millions?) of users who have had their financial data locked up by Microsoft because of an error on the Microsoft server team's part. I think I understand that waiting 5 days will correct the problem, but I need into the file now. I have searched for the password info in the ini file but haven't found it, can anyone give me a crack for this problem? -- Jim Bolinski Advanced Computer Soluitons, Inc Microsoft Partner I'm not aware of a server problem at the moment - what is the error you are seeing? Which version of Money and are you...

Archiving pages
Hi All, The pages in one of the our publishing site are around 1500. So it?s showing effect on search crawling index and sometimes throwing an error like System out of memory (usually in full crawl). Our ram size is 4 gb for index server. Is there any method for archive the pages in page document library. And the important thing is the data must be handy, so the archival process should accommodate ability to retrieve the archived content quickly. pls suggest me. Thanks in Advance sukumar.k Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Consuming WebServices...

Repair PST file in Outlook
Hi I have spent hours and hours to solve this problem: My PC broke down and I had to repair the outlook 2000 pst- file. Ewerything seemed to work just fine when repairinh. I was told that most messeges were repaired, Whe I imported the mail-folders it also seemed to be just fine BUT ALL IMPORTED FOLDERS WERE EMPTY. I did watch the import-proces and I'm sure that a lot of mails were im fact imported (names were shown). Also when a folder contained many mails it took quit some time to import. the "new" pst file were app. the same size before and after repair. I have followed...

Recovery Storage Group Problem #2
We are trying to use the Exchange Recovery Storage Group for one of our clients whose Exchange environment is spread across two servers (non-clustered). When we attempt to add a database to recover there are no databases listed. Am I missing something or is this a problem that anyone is aware of Cheers On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 03:40:02 -0700, Martin <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are trying to use the Exchange Recovery Storage Group for one of our >clients whose Exchange environment is spread across two servers >(non-clustered). > >When we attempt to ad...

Import of .pst files from one Outlook to another Outlook
I'm working in Outlook 2002 and my computer has been reinstalled (formated etc.). Now I want to import the old files from Outlook into the exact same Outlook (just reinstalled on a new partition). I can't do this. It's possible to import from Outlook Express and other programs but not form another Outlook! I have the files backed up from earlier. Personal Folders(1).pst Outlook.pst extend.dat archive.pst I can't believe it's not possible to import these files... Please help me. Morten Why are you trying to import a native Outlook file type? (BTW - you can only use ...

when writing an IF statement what is the syntax for "Not Equal to. #2
what is the syntax for writing an If statement for NOT EQUAL TOO Use <> for not equal to. Example: =IF(A1<>32, "error",A1) "NEEDTOKNOW" wrote: > what is the syntax for writing an If statement for NOT EQUAL TOO ...

deleting empty folders after archive
IS there a way to delete folders which are left empty after you perform an archive? I have approx 300 or so folders that are empty since my archive application completed but they still show up and there seems to be no way except one at a time to delete them. There should be a method to state if folder size = 0 then delete folder. Shane ...

Archival Data -- Managing over Time
I am developing a set of data that I will do some research on, and others as well. My plan is to keep the source data in one workbook in a very simple format, and not do any calculations or charts in that workbook. I'll do my charts in other workbooks, and will send the source data workbook to others when they request. The idea is to reduce corruption and accidental modifications to the source data over time. Is this a good plan? Any other comments about how to protect the accuracy and stability of the source data over time? I understand I can essentially make the source file read...

Fonts #2
This sounds really basic, but for the life of me, I cannot get all the fonts in Outlook the same. Nor can I copy a folder's properties to another folder. I used help to copy the folder properties and it said to pick an option that did not exist on the menu. I have the 2003 version. I set the fonts and sizes for each folder individually, but if I go to read an email in my sent box, the print is small. I also tried to change the text size within each message, but the size didn't change when I selected "largest". Can anyone help? ...

Outlook and Terminal Services #2
Client has a problem where a person installed something called the Outlook link manager (to export outlook stuff into access or someting) but it totally screwed up the default profile and some users when they connect to the Terminal Server. Is there a way to totally reset the outlook profiles to an original install state? The people are picking up things like the signature of the person who installed the app, and it now has word as the default editor and no matter how we try to reset the profile. the settings keep coming back. Jeff ...

I lost my pst
I'm using Outlook XP, and upgraded from WIN98 to XP. I was shocked to find all my previous emails, contacts, etc. were gone. Ran Search to find pst, it's not on hard drive. Please help! I really need to retrieve this data. In Windows XP, you need to turn on searching hidden and system files/folders. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, John ask...

Exadmin #2
I'm trying to figure out a public folder publishing problem but came across this. In the web that has the exadmin virtual directory it points it to "\\.\BackOfficeStorage". When I double click on the directory, it does take me to the a folder that within seams to have the public folders listed. What is "\\.\BackOfficeStorage"? I believe it was first introduced in Exchange 2000 and is referred to as Exchange IFS (Installable File System). In Exchange 2000, it was also mapped as the M: drive, but that has been removed in Exchange 2003. From a MS KB article: T...

Sales tax changes #2
Is there any method of changing sales tax for an item or overall sale while in POS? My need to be able to charge sales tax based on the customer's location only when we will deliver the goods to them. This is state law that will go into effect in mid-2005 for Ohio. The majority of our sales are cash and carry so the sales tax rate is setup in Store Manager on a per item basis. I didn't think changing to a per customer basis made sense for my situation. Thanks Bob, You will have to change to on a per customer basis and set the ship to state for taxable items. Also you c...

Outlook 2002/XP: Automatic Export to *.pst backup? PLEASE
Hi .. Since I had reinstall WinXP Pro and MS Office Pro 2002/XP a handy little trick has gone AWOL. I used to have Outlook set so that, every two days, on shutdown, it automatically offered to back up as much as possible to a *.pst file. This was very handy on reinstallation. I have tried all I can think of and cannot work it out. Does anyone know how it's done? Thanks in advance. David David Probett davidprobett@pobox.com "David Probett" <davidprobett@***> wrote in message news:51uuu1h9jb5pb4v5stq7i04iap1jfdl3q4@4ax.com... > Hi > . > Since I had reinstall...