Archive not working in Outlook 2003

Hi

I've just imported my mail from Outlook Express into
Outlook 2003.
However I cannot get it to archive old emails (older than 6
months) into the Archive Folders.
It creates the folders in the Archive, but does not move
any emails, either by autoarchive or telling to arhive
folders explicitly.

Help!
0
anonymous (74719)

The archive feature works on the date modified - meaning, the date you
imported the items. It will work after a while - in the meantime, you can
manually move them.

Anon wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've just imported my mail from Outlook Express into
> Outlook 2003.
> However I cannot get it to archive old emails (older than 6
> months) into the Archive Folders.
> It creates the folders in the Archive, but does not move
> any emails, either by autoarchive or telling to arhive
> folders explicitly.
>
> Help!

0
lanwench (7567)
12/2/2003 3:49:54 PM
In order to 'keep' origonal date Export from OE, not import
David

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> The archive feature works on the date modified - meaning, the date you
> imported the items. It will work after a while - in the meantime, you can
> manually move them.
>
> Anon wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I've just imported my mail from Outlook Express into
> > Outlook 2003.
> > However I cannot get it to archive old emails (older than 6
> > months) into the Archive Folders.
> > It creates the folders in the Archive, but does not move
> > any emails, either by autoarchive or telling to arhive
> > folders explicitly.
> >
> > Help!

0
dl633 (83)

Work-around
Is there a temporary work around using the web version? I can view using the web, however, when I try to edit a document, it attempts to open Document Connection and I get the authentication error. Yes: Download the document to your hard drive, edit it, then re-save it back to the web. On 18/03/10 11:52 PM, in article 1ec6308d-c2e2-497a-94ce-6f40bf9262a4@g26g2000yqn.googlegroups.com, "rtbrookstx" <rtbrookstx@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a temporary work around using the web version? I can view > using the web, however, when I try to edit a document, i...

Outlook 2000: Outgoing mails never appear in Sent Items folder
All, Here's one I haven't seen before: I have a client with Outlook 2000 (Yes, I know...), and starting about 3 months ago, email messages they have sent out don't appear in the Sent Items folder after they go out. The messages are indeed going out correctly, but that Sent Items folder remains totally empty. The folder size is about 2 kilobytes, and it is not increasing in size as new messages go out. It really looks empty to me. Autoarchive is turned off for this folder. I've run scanpst.exe and it found no errors in the mailstore file. The View Menu is set to "Messag...

The code below worked for a few days and just totally stopped working. What can I do to make sure it continues to work? Thanks!
The code below worked for a few days and just totally stopped working. What can I do to make sure it continues to work? Thanks! ----- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim C As Range, D As Range Set D = Intersect(Range("A:A"), Target) If D Is Nothing Then Exit Sub For Each C In D On Error Resume Next Target.Offset(0, 6).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" ' - For Column E Target.Offset(0, 7).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" ' - For Column F Target.Offset(0, 9).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(RC7,I.O.! R2C1:R5...

move to archived folders works, archiving to same archived folders does not work
We are using Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2000. Most of our users work on Terminal Server. Their pst-files are stored on a directory on the file and print server. Some of these users can move mails from their mailbox to their archived folders, but cannot archive to it. They get the message that the pst file cannot be opened. However at that moment they can still browse in their archived folders, move mail to it and so on. For one user I created a new pst file, but the problem staid the same. Does anyone have experience with this? ...

Re: Junk mail doesnt filter when rules are enabled
Yes, I am dealing with this problem. I get mail from three pop accounts. I filter ALL my email based on what mail account it comes from and put it into a corresponding folder. Outlook catches ZERO percent of my junk mail because of this.... How can we get outlook junkfilter to work right?? Thanks. A very frustrated Lawrence "Sholom Deen" <sdeen@diamonds.net> wrote in message news:2ad7b851.0311061241.1a580be9@posting.google.com... > I'm having the same problem. Apparently, the junk filters are applied > before any rules, and since in 2003 the filters are not sim...

Archive
Hi, I'm trying to archive some calendar items and have found the archive settings for the folder. When I run the archive process the items are not moved from the calendar and the folder size is not reduced. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to set this up so that items prior to a point in time can be moved off so that the size of my calendar folder doesn't reach the size limit of my over zealous exchange administrator. Cheers, Darren. Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to...

OUTLOOK #183
After loading Office 2000 again after getting rid of the Sasser worm- everything is working, internet connection (Comcast-High speed Internet), Word, Excell etc. BUT, Cannot install Outlook...Keeps giving error message..."click on link for more info" -> which throws me to "UPDATES ARE AVAILABLE"- After updating a few files..still cannot get into Outlook. I have no idea what to do or where to start ...

retreive deleted excell work sheets?
can I retrieve deleted excell work sheets? Save the current version as a new name. Open the old version (you still have that, right)?? Copy the worksheek from the old version to the new version. If you had formulas in other sheets that pointed to the "deleted" sheet, you'll have to fix those. ====== If you haven't saved after you've deleted the sheet: Lots of times, it's just easier to close without saving (losing all the changes you've made since your last save). Then reopen a good copy and make all those changes again. done it wrong wrote: > > can ...

Outlook to Outlook TNEF Problem
Hi everyone, I've looked through the groups and have come across a number of users with issues relating to OE and TNEF encoding and problems opening attachments. My problem is slightly different. One of my users cannot receiving attachments from one sender. The sender is using Outlook 2000 with exchange 2000. My user is using outlook 2003 with exchange 2003. If i get the sender to cc me (I'm outlook 2003 as well) I receive the attachment fine. I've checked on the exchange server and the attachment is arriving fine from the sender. The only difference that I can see between the ...

IMAP in Outlook Express
IMAP accounts in OE have a special tab called IMAP. This tab enables by default special folders: Sent Items ("Sent Items path") and Drafts ("Drafts path"). But since there's just one checkbox, how can one enable just ONE of the special folders? Blank entries aren't accepted. That's it, that's the question. For those of you who might ask "who needs to enable just one folder?" instead of answering the question, I'll provide a real life example. Gmail's instructions clearly state: enable Drafts WITHOUT enabling Sent Items, a...

Archiving pages
Hi All, The pages in one of the our publishing site are around 1500. So it?s showing effect on search crawling index and sometimes throwing an error like System out of memory (usually in full crawl). Our ram size is 4 gb for index server. Is there any method for archive the pages in page document library. And the important thing is the data must be handy, so the archival process should accommodate ability to retrieve the archived content quickly. pls suggest me. Thanks in Advance sukumar.k Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Consuming WebServices...

How to switch from Outlook Express to Outlook fo re-mail?
I recently installed Outlook 2000 and would like to have Outlook handle all of the e-mail features. Can anyone advise how to accomplish this? -- "Work is for those people who don't know how to hunt or fish" >I recently installed Outlook 2000 and would like to have Outlook handle all >of the e-mail features. Can anyone advise how to accomplish this? What e-mail features do you think Outlook won't handle? -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the ...

Import of .pst files from one Outlook to another Outlook
I'm working in Outlook 2002 and my computer has been reinstalled (formated etc.). Now I want to import the old files from Outlook into the exact same Outlook (just reinstalled on a new partition). I can't do this. It's possible to import from Outlook Express and other programs but not form another Outlook! I have the files backed up from earlier. Personal Folders(1).pst Outlook.pst extend.dat archive.pst I can't believe it's not possible to import these files... Please help me. Morten Why are you trying to import a native Outlook file type? (BTW - you can only use ...

Level 1 attachments (.exe etc) not being blocked by OWA 2003
Hi Guys, I have been asked to block sending and receiving .exe attahcments via OWA internally and externally. I have checked the registry of the backend exchange server and the entries seem to be ok. HKLMSystemCurrentControlSetServicesMSExchangeWebOWA Value: Level1FileTypes Type: REG_SZ Value Data: ade,adp,app,asx,bas,bat,chm,cmd,com,cpl,crt,csh,exe,fxp,hlp,hta,inf,ins,isp, js,jse,ksh,lnk,mda,mdb,mde,mdt,mdw,mdz,msc,msi,msp,mst,ops,pcd,pif,prf,prg, reg,scf,scr,sct,shb,shs,url,vb,vbe,vbs,wsc,wsf,wsh Location: HKLMSystemCurrentControlSetServicesMSExchangeWebOWA Value: Level1MIMETypes Type: ...

deleting empty folders after archive
IS there a way to delete folders which are left empty after you perform an archive? I have approx 300 or so folders that are empty since my archive application completed but they still show up and there seems to be no way except one at a time to delete them. There should be a method to state if folder size = 0 then delete folder. Shane ...

Outlook 2002 and Windows 7 password problem
After upgrading from XP to Win7 I installed Office XP. Everything installed without a problem until I ran Outlook. Every time I started Outlook my passwords were awol. I looked at various forums and discovered this is a known problem since Vista was introduced. I am happy with Word and Excel XP and I really don't want to buy an a new expensive Office just because of this incompatibility! Does anyone have a fix or are there any alternative solutions available? Try using Outlook in corporate/workgroup mode. Since Office XP is now 8 years old, it's not supported on newer OS'...

sbs 2003 premium and member server
hi all: We are planning to add a server to our single server network. The application runs on top of MS SQL server (SAP Business One). My question is regarding to the CALs that we should purchase as this the firt time that we are going to do this.We are going to add a windows 2008 server. The SQL server is provided by the supplier. Regards Miguel S´┐Żnchez Hi: You should call MS licensing for your area on Licensing questions, but in general you will need the Server and one CAL for every user in your domain. https://licensing.microsoft.com/eLicense/L1033/Overview.asp ...

How do I make the toolbar in my 'trial' of Publisher 2007 work?
nothing is active except the select all button. i can't edit or create anything. not making me want to buy the full version. thanks to anyone who has any ideas. j jives wrote: > nothing is active except the select all button. i can't edit or create > anything. not making me want to buy the full version. > thanks to anyone who has any ideas. > > j ======================= Maybe the tutorials at the following site will get you started: Publisher 2007 Creating a publication http://tinyurl.com/32ew4l -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP D...

Archival Data -- Managing over Time
I am developing a set of data that I will do some research on, and others as well. My plan is to keep the source data in one workbook in a very simple format, and not do any calculations or charts in that workbook. I'll do my charts in other workbooks, and will send the source data workbook to others when they request. The idea is to reduce corruption and accidental modifications to the source data over time. Is this a good plan? Any other comments about how to protect the accuracy and stability of the source data over time? I understand I can essentially make the source file read...

Working with hours and minutes. Help please!
I want to draw a graph on something that happened over 24 hours e.g. 0700 2 (i.e. 7am, value - 2) 0713 3 0905 12 1307 2 1906 6 2305 9 (i.e. 11.05pm, value 9) Can I get Excel to put time on the X axis? Can I get Exel to calculate time difference from 7.13am to 9.05am - i.e. it's not 0905 - 0713 = 0202; it should be 1hour 52minutes Yes, it's quite straightforward. The key is to ensure the times are stored as true Excel times. The easiest way is to type the times in with a colon (eg, 07:05). Excel will then graph the values properly. Simply choose your 12 cells (or better yet, a...

Outlook 2002/XP: Automatic Export to *.pst backup? PLEASE
Hi .. Since I had reinstall WinXP Pro and MS Office Pro 2002/XP a handy little trick has gone AWOL. I used to have Outlook set so that, every two days, on shutdown, it automatically offered to back up as much as possible to a *.pst file. This was very handy on reinstallation. I have tried all I can think of and cannot work it out. Does anyone know how it's done? Thanks in advance. David David Probett davidprobett@pobox.com "David Probett" <davidprobett@***> wrote in message news:51uuu1h9jb5pb4v5stq7i04iap1jfdl3q4@4ax.com... > Hi > . > Since I had reinstall...

duplicate messages when opening archives / archive inbox emptied?
Outlook appears to be re-downloading all messages (700+) from my hotmail pop3 account. (again...) This only (?) appears to happen on the same days when I try and find an archived email in my inbox. The two times that it has happened today (it has never happened twice on one day before), I was working on a Word document. So I was not deleting emails at the time. (I have seen an errata re to message IDs getting out of sync, but this looks like a different problem.) I do not think that it is my Norton anti-virus. I have disabled the email portion of the software after the fir...

Outlook Exp and XP SP2
Hi Everybody, I am also experiencing the same type of problem but I am using OE. I cannot send messages but I can receive messages, however I cannot open them. When I try I get an error message saying I have insufficient memory but I know I have all kinds. If I move to a different folder then return to my In-box the email disappears! Any help or advice is appreciated. GEC chapmang@accesswave.ca <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am also experiencing the same type of problem but I am > using OE. Then ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Invites not being added to diaries when accepted (Outlook 2007)
When sending out monthly invites the invites are not all being added to the diaries when accepted. Also on changing one single invite on a recurrence it seems to change all other invites. On another matter, is there a way of adding multiple dates on diary invites rather than daily, weekly or monthly, i.e. for meetings that follow no pattern. Thanks "janmd" <jdonbavand@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:f10ffd05-0e31-4fbf-afb2-7e011431fb34@w19g2000yqk.googlegroups.com... > When sending out monthly invites the invites are not all being added > to the di...

Outlook 2010 journal issue
This may seem like a trivial issue but I use the journal in Calendar view, = create items and stretch them out (similar to the calendar functionality) t= o record time. Whenever I create items in the 2010 journal, switch to say = the inbox and back, I lose the ability to stretch the items out. Is this a= bug? ...