Archive not working #2

(Outlook 2003) I noticed that my Calendar isn't archiving. I have auto
archive set to work every 7 days, and to go back 6 months, also it won't
work when I click File>Archive. It used to work fine...

0
rnwrede (29)

See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/archivenotworking.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"99XJ" <rnwrede@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> (Outlook 2003) I noticed that my Calendar isn't archiving. I have auto
> archive set to work every 7 days, and to go back 6 months, also it won't
> work when I click File>Archive. It used to work fine...

0
Roady
7/19/2008 9:16:31 AM
Thanks... it is my "Modified Date" that is preventing it.

message news:3C20D893-7AC4-4C9C-81FD-EE1D6B7A7A68@microsoft.com...
See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/archivenotworking.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"99XJ" <rnwrede@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> (Outlook 2003) I noticed that my Calendar isn't archiving. I have auto
> archive set to work every 7 days, and to go back 6 months, also it won't
> work when I click File>Archive. It used to work fine...

0
rnwrede (29)
7/19/2008 1:01:01 PM
You're welcome! :-)

--

> Thanks... it is my "Modified Date" that is preventing it.
>

> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in
> message news:3C20D893-7AC4-4C9C-81FD-EE1D6B7A7A68@microsoft.com...
> See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/archivenotworking.htm
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "99XJ" <rnwrede@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> (Outlook 2003) I noticed that my Calendar isn't archiving. I have auto
>> archive set to work every 7 days, and to go back 6 months, also it won't
>> work when I click File>Archive. It used to work fine...

0
Roady
7/19/2008 2:53:52 PM
The outlook.pst file is modified with the current date every time I use
Outlook. I followed your link, yet I still cannot archive items in my
calendar. Any other suggestions?
"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/archivenotworking.htm
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "99XJ" <rnwrede@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > (Outlook 2003) I noticed that my Calendar isn't archiving. I have auto
> > archive set to work every 7 days, and to go back 6 months, also it won't
> > work when I click File>Archive. It used to work fine...

0
ayis (2)
8/6/2008 6:52:00 PM
the outlook.pst file will always change when it's opened - autoarchive uses
the modified date of an item within the pst.

Are you syncing with a PDA or otherwise using calendar data in another
application?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"ayis" <ayis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The outlook.pst file is modified with the current date every time I use
> Outlook. I followed your link, yet I still cannot archive items in my
> calendar. Any other suggestions?
> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/archivenotworking.htm
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>
>> -----
>>
>> "99XJ" <rnwrede@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > (Outlook 2003) I noticed that my Calendar isn't archiving. I have auto
>> > archive set to work every 7 days, and to go back 6 months, also it
>> > won't
>> > work when I click File>Archive. It used to work fine...

0
outlookmvp (5838)
8/12/2008 2:54:43 AM
Hi Diane,

No, I am not syncing or using calendar data in another application. When I
try to manually backup Outlook, it looks like Outlook cannot find the
personal.pst file to backup, since the "save backup" button is greyed and
inside the backup wondow I see the comment "No files set for backup".

Ayis

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> the outlook.pst file will always change when it's opened - autoarchive uses
> the modified date of an item within the pst.
>
> Are you syncing with a PDA or otherwise using calendar data in another
> application?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>

> "ayis" <ayis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The outlook.pst file is modified with the current date every time I use
> > Outlook. I followed your link, yet I still cannot archive items in my
> > calendar. Any other suggestions?
> > "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/archivenotworking.htm
> >>
> >> --
> >> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> >> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
> >> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> >> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
> >>
> >> http://www.msoutlook.info/
> >> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
> >>
> >> -----
> >>
> >> "99XJ" <rnwrede@yahoo.com> wrote in message

0
ayis (2)
8/12/2008 3:07:08 AM
Is it possible to programatically set the modified date to equal the sent/
received date for e-mail items.

"ayis" wrote:

> Hi Diane,
>
> No, I am not syncing or using calendar data in another application. When I
> try to manually backup Outlook, it looks like Outlook cannot find the
> personal.pst file to backup, since the "save backup" button is greyed and
> inside the backup wondow I see the comment "No files set for backup".
>
> Ayis
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > the outlook.pst file will always change when it's opened - autoarchive uses
> > the modified date of an item within the pst.
> >
> > Are you syncing with a PDA or otherwise using calendar data in another
> > application?
> >
> > --
> > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> > Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> > Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
> >
> > Outlook Tips by email:
> > dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >
> > EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> > EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >
> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >
> > You can access this newsgroup by visiting
> > http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> > newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
> >

> > "ayis" <ayis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > The outlook.pst file is modified with the current date every time I use
> > > Outlook. I followed your link, yet I still cannot archive items in my
> > > calendar. Any other suggestions?

0
MikeW (46)
9/5/2008 9:17:56 PM
Not that I'm aware of. There is an archive application that uses those dates
though.
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.asp has a list of archive
tools.

--

"mikew" <mikew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to programatically set the modified date to equal the sent/
> received date for e-mail items.
>
> "ayis" wrote:
>
>> Hi Diane,
>>
>> No, I am not syncing or using calendar data in another application. When
>> try to manually backup Outlook, it looks like Outlook cannot find the
>> personal.pst file to backup, since the "save backup" button is greyed and
>> inside the backup wondow I see the comment "No files set for backup".
>>
>> Ayis
>>
>> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>>
>> > the outlook.pst file will always change when it's opened - autoarchive
>> > uses
>> > the modified date of an item within the pst.
>> >
>> > Are you syncing with a PDA or otherwise using calendar data in another
>> > application?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> > Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>> > Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>> >
>> > Outlook Tips by email:
>> > dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>> >
>> > EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
>> > EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>> >
>> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>> >
>> > You can access this newsgroup by visiting
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
>> > your
>> > newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>> >

>> > "ayis" <ayis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
outlookmvp (5838)

The code below worked for a few days and just totally stopped working. What can I do to make sure it continues to work? Thanks!
The code below worked for a few days and just totally stopped working. What can I do to make sure it continues to work? Thanks! ----- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim C As Range, D As Range Set D = Intersect(Range("A:A"), Target) If D Is Nothing Then Exit Sub For Each C In D On Error Resume Next Target.Offset(0, 6).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" ' - For Column E Target.Offset(0, 7).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" ' - For Column F Target.Offset(0, 9).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(RC7,I.O.! R2C1:R5...

Business Portal 3.0 Customization #2
Dear All I need to do a customization in PS Time & Expenses in Business Portal 3.0. I need to design a customized ASPX page and link it to one of the existing page in the PS Time & Expense module. I have included the menus and a new page using Sharepoint feature inside Business Portal itself. Now I need to add web parts (or) a web page as a link to be displayed in the page designed using Sharepoint. How can I track the Employee ID of the user who has logged in currently in Business Portal, so that I can user it in my customized page. I presume it could be a session variable, but I am ...

Work-around
Is there a temporary work around using the web version? I can view using the web, however, when I try to edit a document, it attempts to open Document Connection and I get the authentication error. Yes: Download the document to your hard drive, edit it, then re-save it back to the web. On 18/03/10 11:52 PM, in article 1ec6308d-c2e2-497a-94ce-6f40bf9262a4@g26g2000yqn.googlegroups.com, "rtbrookstx" <rtbrookstx@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a temporary work around using the web version? I can view > using the web, however, when I try to edit a document, i...

Formatting Rows #2
I want to have a spreadsheet with columns that have different sizes. I want perhaps 10 columns with one margine/size and I want to be able to change the colum size for the next 20 rows without changing the columns above them. Then I want to be able to print the sheet. Any ideas? Hi It can not be done :-( Regards, Per "gsmjackie" <gsmjackie@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:F250E7A8-408F-4B1E-9468-B53530CCF2A2@microsoft.com... >I want to have a spreadsheet with columns that have different sizes. I want > perhaps 10 columns with one margine/size a...

Barcode Printer #2
Can anyone recommend a good barcode printer? We are using Cognitive Advantage right now, but we are having alignment issues with it. Basicall it will from time to time print too low from the top margin, and another bigger issue is that the label seems to always get move, which makes everything out of alignment. I was looking at Datamax I Class printer, anyone has any experience with it? Thanks, Natt Zebra printers seem to be one of the most widely used barcode printers out there... "Natt" wrote: > Can anyone recommend a good barcode printer? We are using Cognitive...

move to archived folders works, archiving to same archived folders does not work
We are using Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2000. Most of our users work on Terminal Server. Their pst-files are stored on a directory on the file and print server. Some of these users can move mails from their mailbox to their archived folders, but cannot archive to it. They get the message that the pst file cannot be opened. However at that moment they can still browse in their archived folders, move mail to it and so on. For one user I created a new pst file, but the problem staid the same. Does anyone have experience with this? ...

Archive
Hi, I'm trying to archive some calendar items and have found the archive settings for the folder. When I run the archive process the items are not moved from the calendar and the folder size is not reduced. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to set this up so that items prior to a point in time can be moved off so that the size of my calendar folder doesn't reach the size limit of my over zealous exchange administrator. Cheers, Darren. Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to...

Sign-In problem #2
I join the ranks of hundreds (thousands, millions?) of users who have had their financial data locked up by Microsoft because of an error on the Microsoft server team's part. I think I understand that waiting 5 days will correct the problem, but I need into the file now. I have searched for the password info in the ini file but haven't found it, can anyone give me a crack for this problem? -- Jim Bolinski Advanced Computer Soluitons, Inc Microsoft Partner I'm not aware of a server problem at the moment - what is the error you are seeing? Which version of Money and are you...

Archiving pages
Hi All, The pages in one of the our publishing site are around 1500. So it?s showing effect on search crawling index and sometimes throwing an error like System out of memory (usually in full crawl). Our ram size is 4 gb for index server. Is there any method for archive the pages in page document library. And the important thing is the data must be handy, so the archival process should accommodate ability to retrieve the archived content quickly. pls suggest me. Thanks in Advance sukumar.k Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Consuming WebServices...

retreive deleted excell work sheets?
can I retrieve deleted excell work sheets? Save the current version as a new name. Open the old version (you still have that, right)?? Copy the worksheek from the old version to the new version. If you had formulas in other sheets that pointed to the "deleted" sheet, you'll have to fix those. ====== If you haven't saved after you've deleted the sheet: Lots of times, it's just easier to close without saving (losing all the changes you've made since your last save). Then reopen a good copy and make all those changes again. done it wrong wrote: > > can ...

How do I make the toolbar in my 'trial' of Publisher 2007 work?
nothing is active except the select all button. i can't edit or create anything. not making me want to buy the full version. thanks to anyone who has any ideas. j jives wrote: > nothing is active except the select all button. i can't edit or create > anything. not making me want to buy the full version. > thanks to anyone who has any ideas. > > j ======================= Maybe the tutorials at the following site will get you started: Publisher 2007 Creating a publication http://tinyurl.com/32ew4l -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP D...

when writing an IF statement what is the syntax for "Not Equal to. #2
what is the syntax for writing an If statement for NOT EQUAL TOO Use <> for not equal to. Example: =IF(A1<>32, "error",A1) "NEEDTOKNOW" wrote: > what is the syntax for writing an If statement for NOT EQUAL TOO ...

deleting empty folders after archive
IS there a way to delete folders which are left empty after you perform an archive? I have approx 300 or so folders that are empty since my archive application completed but they still show up and there seems to be no way except one at a time to delete them. There should be a method to state if folder size = 0 then delete folder. Shane ...

Archival Data -- Managing over Time
I am developing a set of data that I will do some research on, and others as well. My plan is to keep the source data in one workbook in a very simple format, and not do any calculations or charts in that workbook. I'll do my charts in other workbooks, and will send the source data workbook to others when they request. The idea is to reduce corruption and accidental modifications to the source data over time. Is this a good plan? Any other comments about how to protect the accuracy and stability of the source data over time? I understand I can essentially make the source file read...

Sales tax changes #2
Is there any method of changing sales tax for an item or overall sale while in POS? My need to be able to charge sales tax based on the customer's location only when we will deliver the goods to them. This is state law that will go into effect in mid-2005 for Ohio. The majority of our sales are cash and carry so the sales tax rate is setup in Store Manager on a per item basis. I didn't think changing to a per customer basis made sense for my situation. Thanks Bob, You will have to change to on a per customer basis and set the ship to state for taxable items. Also you c...

Exadmin #2
I'm trying to figure out a public folder publishing problem but came across this. In the web that has the exadmin virtual directory it points it to "\\.\BackOfficeStorage". When I double click on the directory, it does take me to the a folder that within seams to have the public folders listed. What is "\\.\BackOfficeStorage"? I believe it was first introduced in Exchange 2000 and is referred to as Exchange IFS (Installable File System). In Exchange 2000, it was also mapped as the M: drive, but that has been removed in Exchange 2003. From a MS KB article: T...

Working with hours and minutes. Help please!
I want to draw a graph on something that happened over 24 hours e.g. 0700 2 (i.e. 7am, value - 2) 0713 3 0905 12 1307 2 1906 6 2305 9 (i.e. 11.05pm, value 9) Can I get Excel to put time on the X axis? Can I get Exel to calculate time difference from 7.13am to 9.05am - i.e. it's not 0905 - 0713 = 0202; it should be 1hour 52minutes Yes, it's quite straightforward. The key is to ensure the times are stored as true Excel times. The easiest way is to type the times in with a colon (eg, 07:05). Excel will then graph the values properly. Simply choose your 12 cells (or better yet, a...

duplicate messages when opening archives / archive inbox emptied?
Outlook appears to be re-downloading all messages (700+) from my hotmail pop3 account. (again...) This only (?) appears to happen on the same days when I try and find an archived email in my inbox. The two times that it has happened today (it has never happened twice on one day before), I was working on a Word document. So I was not deleting emails at the time. (I have seen an errata re to message IDs getting out of sync, but this looks like a different problem.) I do not think that it is my Norton anti-virus. I have disabled the email portion of the software after the fir...

Extension Configuration
I am suddenly getting the following error message when I load Outlook 2003. I notice that somebody asked the same question on this Group in December 2003 but got no responses. Can anyone help this time please? The extension configuration file "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Addins\fldpub.ecf" could not be installed. There is an error in the syntax or format of the file. Jockdownsouth <bobmacleanuk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > I am suddenly getting the following error message when I load Outlook > 2003. I notice that somebody asked the same question on this Group...

HDA audio driver issue : Speaker not working.
Platform (x86 based) Atom Poulsbo. Wince 6.0 I am using Realteck ALC269 HDA audio and have a driver also (The driver is a UAM based). The song can be heard very well using the headsets but not through the speaker. The speaker works if i'm running XP or Linux. Now as suggested by the vendor, checked all the values in the verb table. They are matching properly. Now where else I should check in the code ? Any suggestions ? Regards Esha ...

SetCapture() & GetCapture() does not work on OnNcHitTest, OnNcLButtonDown etc...
Anybody got an idea why? GetCapture() returns 0 when it is supposed to be the windows handle, but it seems like it's not capturing the mouse in the first place... Thanks, Dani Use spy++ to see where your WM_LBUTTONDOWN messages are going. -Seetharam The NULL return value of GetCapture simply means that now one had capture when you called SetCapture(). It doesn't mean that there was an error. OnNcHitTest doesn't seem like a good place to call SetCapture(). What are you trying to do? AliR. "Anonymous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

hypertext links not working
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hello - been wrestling with this for weeks - would appreciate any ideas. <br><br>Simply put: when I insert a hypertext link from a Word doc to a jpeg, tiff, or other Word doc - sometimes it works and sometime is does not. (That is, the exact same jpegs, tiffs, other Word docs can sometimes be linked, others not.) If there is a pattern here, I cannot see it - appears random. Any way around this apparent bug? You're going to hate me: "Works here" :-) I need exacting detail about how you are going about ...

Enabling Radio button at runtime not working
I have a class derived from CPropertyPage. At design time I am setting RADIO button to DISABLED state. At run time I want to enable this radio button. Both of the fallowing failed. ::SendDlgItemMessage(GetDlgItem(IDC_RADIO2)->m_hWnd,IDC_RADIO2,WM_ENABLE,TRUE,0); and GetDlgItem(IDC_RADIO2)->EnableWindow(1); Pls let me know how to do. Thanks Ramesh <asnowfall@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1103870967.024619.273160@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > I have a class derived from CPropertyPage. At design time I am setting > RADIO button to DISABLED state. At run time I want...

Online Stock Trading and How the Stock Market Works
Here you can learn more about investing, and some specifics about trading . You'll also find a wide range of investing products and services to help you plan toward financial independence - however you define it. http://flying-rugs.com/stock-market/ ...

CRM 4.0 reports #2
Is anybody know how to create new SSRS report for crm 4.0 and deploy? On May 21, 2:32=A0am, lily <uma_natara...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is anybody know how to create new SSRS report for crm 4.0 and deploy? For a simple report you have the report wizard within the client. Otherwise you will need to use an SRS report writer such as the one in Visual Studio. If you create one in Visual Studio, log into CRM as Administrator and you should be able to add in the report through the client. Leon Tribe ...