Archive - Calendar items.

Hi,

I'm trying to archive some calendar items and have found the archive
settings for the folder. When I run the archive process the items are not
moved from the calendar and the folder size is not reduced.

I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to set this up so that items
prior to a point in time can be moved off so that the size of my calendar
folder doesn't reach the size limit of my over zealous exchange
administrator.

Cheers, Darren.

Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think
they should.  That's the date Outlook uses to determine whether or not an
item is ready to be AutoArchived, and a simple action such as moving the
item to another folder can change the Modified date.  More information and a
list of actions that change the Modified date can be found here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295657

Also, for recurring calendar items, none of the occurrences will archive
until all of them are in the past (so any recurring appt./event with no end
date will never be archived).

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:OTTYpywbEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
d wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to archive some calendar items and have found the archive
> settings for the folder. When I run the archive process the items are
> not moved from the calendar and the folder size is not reduced.
>
> I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to set this up so that
> items prior to a point in time can be moved off so that the size of
> my calendar folder doesn't reach the size limit of my over zealous
> exchange administrator.
>
> Cheers, Darren.

Hi,

Some of these items are very old and their modified date is way beyond the
archive setting. Also, this doesn't just apply to re-occuring appointments
(although this explains why some of my items aren't archiving).

Thanks for your prompt response and I look forward to any further assistance
you can give me.

Cheers, Darren.

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in
message news:e1S46y5bEHA.3720@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you
think
> they should.  That's the date Outlook uses to determine whether or not an
> item is ready to be AutoArchived, and a simple action such as moving the
> item to another folder can change the Modified date.  More information and
> list of actions that change the Modified date can be found here:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295657
>
> Also, for recurring calendar items, none of the occurrences will archive
> until all of them are in the past (so any recurring appt./event with no
end
> date will never be archived).
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
> reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>

> In news:OTTYpywbEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
> d wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to archive some calendar items and have found the archive
> > settings for the folder. When I run the archive process the items are
> > not moved from the calendar and the folder size is not reduced.
> >
> > I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to set this up so that
> > items prior to a point in time can be moved off so that the size of
> > my calendar folder doesn't reach the size limit of my over zealous
> > exchange administrator.
> >
> > Cheers, Darren.

Have you checked to make sure those items are not marked "Do Not
AutoArchive"?  You can find this setting in the Properties dialog for the
item (open the item and click File | Properties).

If that's not the case either, it may be a glitch with those items.  I had a
problem after upgrading to Outlook 2003 -- some of my older messages would
not archive even though the modified dates met the criteria.  I waited a
while, and the older items never did archive, but newer ones did -- so
eventually I just archived them manually by opening my archive file and
dragging those items to it.  You may have to do the same.  If I come across
any other ideas, I'll post them to this thread.

By the way -- you might want to send your Exchange admin the following
article about using .PST files in an Exchange environment:
http://www.swinc.com/resources/exchange/faq_db.asp?status=questions&faqID=1000&faqname=Exchange%205.5&sectionID=1013&sectionName=Why%20PST%20=%20BAD

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:%23r78Vt8bEHA.2660@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
d wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some of these items are very old and their modified date is way
> beyond the archive setting. Also, this doesn't just apply to
> re-occuring appointments (although this explains why some of my items
> aren't archiving).
>
> Thanks for your prompt response and I look forward to any further
> assistance you can give me.
>
> Cheers, Darren.
>
> "Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in
> message news:e1S46y5bEHA.3720@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as
>> you think they should.  That's the date Outlook uses to determine
>> whether or not an item is ready to be AutoArchived, and a simple
>> action such as moving the item to another folder can change the
>> Modified date.  More information and a list of actions that change
>> the Modified date can be found here:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295657
>>
>> Also, for recurring calendar items, none of the occurrences will
>> archive until all of them are in the past (so any recurring
>> appt./event with no end date will never be archived).
>>
>> --
>> Jocelyn Fiorello
>> MVP - Outlook
>>
>> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
>> reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>>

>> In news:OTTYpywbEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
>> d wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to archive some calendar items and have found the archive
>>> settings for the folder. When I run the archive process the items
>>> are not moved from the calendar and the folder size is not reduced.
>>>
>>> I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to set this up so
>>> that items prior to a point in time can be moved off so that the
>>> size of my calendar folder doesn't reach the size limit of my over
>>> zealous exchange administrator.
>>>
>>> Cheers, Darren.

Item Description--Modifier?
Hello: I have a GP 10.0 client that needs to extend the Inventory Item Maintenance Description field even further than it is now. The keyable length of this field is 100. They need to see a length of at least 125 characters. And, they want to see this "bad boy" all on the Item Maintenance window. Can Modifier with VBA accomplish this? Thanks! childofthe1980s Hi You can use the modifier & VBA with the DUOS to extend fields. There are some caveats: 1) As you cannot change the table structures, this method does not work for the primary key field. 2) If you use thi...

listbox double click which item
I want to know which item in a listbox was double clicked on. This works but doesn't seem like i should have to do it this way Private Sub ListBox1_DblClick(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) Dim index As Integer With ListBox1 For index = 0 To .ListCount - 1 If .Selected(index) Then MsgBox index End If Next End With End Sub thanks for any tips mark What you are looking for is the ListIndex... Private Sub ListBox1_DblClick(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) Dim Ndex As Long Ndex = ListBox1.ListIndex MsgBox Ndex End Sub Also, don...

Outlook 2000: Outgoing mails never appear in Sent Items folder
All, Here's one I haven't seen before: I have a client with Outlook 2000 (Yes, I know...), and starting about 3 months ago, email messages they have sent out don't appear in the Sent Items folder after they go out. The messages are indeed going out correctly, but that Sent Items folder remains totally empty. The folder size is about 2 kilobytes, and it is not increasing in size as new messages go out. It really looks empty to me. Autoarchive is turned off for this folder. I've run scanpst.exe and it found no errors in the mailstore file. The View Menu is set to "Messag...

move to archived folders works, archiving to same archived folders does not work
We are using Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2000. Most of our users work on Terminal Server. Their pst-files are stored on a directory on the file and print server. Some of these users can move mails from their mailbox to their archived folders, but cannot archive to it. They get the message that the pst file cannot be opened. However at that moment they can still browse in their archived folders, move mail to it and so on. For one user I created a new pst file, but the problem staid the same. Does anyone have experience with this? ...

Item quantity is at the store but not at HQ
I almost sure it is a user issue (wrong security setup when they installed)... maybe they created items at the store or maybe they did not comunicate the new items to all the stores, anyway they already have the problem; for example item 'a' in Store Operations at Store 4 has 8 pieces, in HQ the item exists, they do have quantities in other stores (total quantity ok for the other stores) but no quantity for store 4, not even a row in HQ Manager> DataBase> Item> Properties> Stores Quantity for that store. How can i resolve that? I have tried 501 ws- 190 Inventory wiz...

retrieve missing items
I am trying to write a TSQL query to retrieve missing Client Licence numbers between two ranges. Table A contains the licenc numbers held as varchar(6). ( ie 200000, 200657) I would like to be able to query this table to return all licence's that are not in the table between two licence numbers ie table holds 200000 200002 200003 200005 200006 if querying betwen licence numbers 200000 and 200006 the query should return 200001 & 200004 can anyone suggest how I can do this Assuming the licence numbers are sequential, the following test works declare...

deleting empty folders after archive
IS there a way to delete folders which are left empty after you perform an archive? I have approx 300 or so folders that are empty since my archive application completed but they still show up and there seems to be no way except one at a time to delete them. There should be a method to state if folder size = 0 then delete folder. Shane ...

Archival Data -- Managing over Time
I am developing a set of data that I will do some research on, and others as well. My plan is to keep the source data in one workbook in a very simple format, and not do any calculations or charts in that workbook. I'll do my charts in other workbooks, and will send the source data workbook to others when they request. The idea is to reduce corruption and accidental modifications to the source data over time. Is this a good plan? Any other comments about how to protect the accuracy and stability of the source data over time? I understand I can essentially make the source file read...

Archiving pages
Hi All, The pages in one of the our publishing site are around 1500. So it?s showing effect on search crawling index and sometimes throwing an error like System out of memory (usually in full crawl). Our ram size is 4 gb for index server. Is there any method for archive the pages in page document library. And the important thing is the data must be handy, so the archival process should accommodate ability to retrieve the archived content quickly. pls suggest me. Thanks in Advance sukumar.k Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Consuming WebServices...

Ebay Items: .Net/Web Services/XML Programming
Please take a look. Please do not take offence at my post. They are all competitively priced .... have given up trying to get a dotnet job. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5216488037&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5216479909&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5216478161&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5216474944&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMES...

More than just a parent item?
Hello, I want to know how I can track something that comes in a case, get's broken down to a carton, and can be sold as just 1 individual? What is the best way to do this? -- Thank You,; Vince Individual item has a parent of the carton item, the carton has a parent of the case item. Always order cases - Individual and Carton items should not have any Restock/Reorder information set. As Cartons are sold, cases are broken. As individuals are sold, cartons are broken. Selling Individuals will NOT break a case however... -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek....

duplicate messages when opening archives / archive inbox emptied?
Outlook appears to be re-downloading all messages (700+) from my hotmail pop3 account. (again...) This only (?) appears to happen on the same days when I try and find an archived email in my inbox. The two times that it has happened today (it has never happened twice on one day before), I was working on a Word document. So I was not deleting emails at the time. (I have seen an errata re to message IDs getting out of sync, but this looks like a different problem.) I do not think that it is my Norton anti-virus. I have disabled the email portion of the software after the fir...

item prompts for price, but price is not set correctly...
Yet another POS question for the gurus: When I select an item that is set up to prompt the cashier to enter a price, the price prompt comes up, and the cashier enters the price, but the price gets set to $0.00 after they click ok, instead of getting set to the price they entered at the prompt. In manager, in the configuration under the inventory tab, price calculation is set to 'Use level if it exists. Otherwise use minimum" Any ideas as to why this is not working correctly...thank you for your help this newsgroup is awesome Kevin ...

Archive an Archive?
LOL, i'm sure this will sound like a dumb idea but ... I want to set up a sorta two tier archive system ... Archive once to keep the PST folders small say keep everything within the last 3 months in the first archive have it accessable say for the last years worth of email, but archive anything older then a year to a new archive folder that can be burned off to a dvd or cd for filing.. Any thoughts or recommendations? Use Auto-archiving feature in Outlook to do this. You could set it up so it archives mail older than 12 months to a file named archive.pst and burn that pst file ...

archived messages #2
i recently archived a large number of messages from the last year or so, but when i open the .pst file in outlook 2000 it says that there are no files contained. i know there is data there because the .pst file reads a size of 162MB on my drive. where is this info and why can i not access it? also, everytime i view the properties[advanced properties] for this file there is a check box selected that reads "file is ready for archiving" which none of my other archive files have checked. but once i uncheck that box and try to open the file it resets that option to the way it...

Archive
Has there been a resolution to this as I have a member of staff with the exact same problem and I have to give him and endless cap :/ EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

Itemized Creditcard
Hi, Is there a way to have an itemized creditcard receipt? Thanks, This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_011A_01C94E3A.1C8A1190 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Sacha, Uhh, what needs to be itemized? --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w (Stolen from DRS) =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D You must be using Ou...

Archive not archiving
Help please. I am trying to archive email folders. Archive runs, creates an archive folder (and .pst file) but does nothing else. i.e no data is moved to the Archive folders. This is not a case of selected date - a lot of this info is 2 years old. No matter what date I select nothing is moved. Same if i try to archive calendar or other folders. I see others have had this problem - is there a solution or is this an outlook problem. Any help appreciated. Thanks D If you are working with an Exchange Server you may want to look at MKBA 297226 and 143376. >-----Original Mes...

Deleted Items Retention on Mailbox Store
We have Exchange Server 2003 and have set the Limits under Deletion Settings to keep deleted items for 30 days, but the items are not being deleted. I found under our Server Properties in System Manager, the Mailbox Management Process, but it was set to Never run. Will running this process delete the items older than 30 days, or is it necessary to do something else to have these items be automatically deleted? Thanks, Deleted Items Retention simply means that once you have emptied your Deleted Items Folder, those items are not purged from the database for 30 days. DIR does _not_ manage ...

Open up Archives then delete Archive folder.
I'm trying to open up those "archive.psd" and can't open them. The only think that happens is that I keep adding Archive Folders and then I can't do anything with the Archive folder. Can you tell me how to open up a file called "archive.psd"? So far I've tried File>Open>Outlook Data File, then I select the archive.psd file and all that happens is I keep adding Archive folders that I can't do anything with. How can I delete "Archive Folders"? Thanks. IS. PST, do you mean? PSD isn't a valid extension for an Outlook file. IS ...

Archiving the whole store with an exception to one mailbox
I need to archive a mailbox store with the execption of a couple of mailboxes in that store. Is this possible? Thanks in advance Per-store only as far as I know. You'd have to move the mailboxes you want to exclude to a different store. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "JOHNC" <ha@ac.om> wrote in message news:uQXxEFntEHA.2788@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I need to archive a mailbox store with the execption of a couple of > mailboxes in that store. Is this possible? > > Thanks in advance &...

Public Folders Contact items.
Microsoft Exchange 2003 Server Standard Edition We use our public folders as a costumer base and we have about 15,000 contact. We noticed that when doing searches by using the conventianal "Find" button located in the outlook 2003 toolbar, the search would be painfully slow and the CPU usage on the server would sky rocket for about 2 minutes. After many months of waiting, we received a solution from Microsoft located below. Now the conventional way of doing serches works like a charm, conversely we now encounter an additional problem. The advanced find feature (Which we use f...

archiving auto archive
I have my sent items set to auto archive for mails older than 6 months. Today I want to archive the remaining files in sent items (less than 6 months old). How do I make sure that I end up with 1 merged file, containing the auto-archived and the newer items? If I run archive on the sent items by selecting the auto-archive file I am afraid that it may destroy the old items (I don't want to speculate if MS thought about this or not). Thanks If you manually archive the Sent Items folder they should end up in the archive PST along with the other items. "Cagdas Ozgenc" <cagdas...

Money 2003--cannot archive
When I try to archive Money 2003 (Delux Personal and Business, v 11.0, it freezes at some point and I have to shut it down manually. I've attempted letting it archive for different lengths of time with the same result. After the attempted archiving, Money has changed all my balances. I've not encountered this problem before. Anyone have a solution? Are there updates and if so where do I find them? I've searched Microsoft with no luck! Thanks, K. Clark In microsoft.public.money, K Clark wrote: >When I try to archive Money 2003 (Delux Personal and Business, v 11.0, it ...

Auto Archive not archiving all items
I set a specific date but when I look back into my Inbox and subfolders, I still see messages that have a date stamp in which it was supposed to be archived. Please advise. Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to determine whether or not an item is ready to be AutoArchived, and a simple action such as moving the item to another folder can change the Modified date. More information and a list of actions that change the Modified date can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=k...