Appointments dissapear in Outlook98

I'm having some problems with outlook98 i'm running
windowsNT4 (sp6a)on a notebook.
Appointments on the calender disappear to reapear later
the same day or a day after!
This problem keeps returning can some1 please help me?
Anyone who find an answer thanks a lot!

0
anonymous (74717)

Saving CRM Appointment REALLY SLOW
When we try to create appointments using the Outlook form and then use the "Track in CRM" button and select a "regarding account" . . . it take a LONG time to save and close that window. And it's not a hardware problem as this is a newer machine. Is there a better way to do this or a way to increase performance? -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com We observed this occasionally too, but not all the time. I understand that it does involve synching with Outlook Calender at the same time...

Appointments dissapear in Outlook98
I'm having some problems with outlook98 i'm running windowsNT4 (sp6a)on a notebook. Appointments on the calender disappear to reapear later the same day or a day after! This problem keeps returning can some1 please help me? Anyone who find an answer thanks a lot! ...

Appointments
If I have an opportunity client that I want to schedule a meeting for and also want a couple of internal employees to join, but also want a reminder, what is the best way to do this? When I go into Sales For Outlook client, I can create a CRM Appointment with Attendees internally, but cannot seem to pick any item in the CRM Folders to add in. Same, when I am in Opportunities and create and appointment, I can have everyone but it does not create an appointment in my Outlook for synching with a Palm Pilot and getting an reminder? Am I missing something or is there a recommend way to...

MS-CRM should support Recurring Appointment
MS-CRM should support Recurrring Appointment, just like MS-Outlook. Since CRM works in Outlook, this functionality should be available. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defau...

CRM Appointments to Outlook Appointments
I am looking for some documentation around the relationship between CRM appointments and Outlook appointments. For example, I know that appointments I create in CRM can be synced into my Outlook calendar, which I like because then I can get a month view of what is coming up. When those appointments get put into my Outlook calendar, they are created with a reminder, which I don't like because I am getting an Outlook reminder popping up when I don't need one. And if I hit dismiss on that Outlook reminder, what impact does that have, if any, on the CRM appointment? Does it clos...

How to turn OFF automatic noticing of appointments?
Everytime I add an appointment the checkbox is checked; "notice me 15 min before appointment" (or something like that - I have another language of Outlook). Is it possible to turn this option off as default? Best regards, =D8ystein In OL2003 and possibly earlier: Tools menu > Options. Right on the Preferences tab there's a setting for default Reminders. Uncheck it. <oystlars@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1132739700.593434.76400@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... Everytime I add an appointment the checkbox is checked; "notice me 15 min before appointment&quo...

Appointment !!!
Hi, Is it possible to set an appointment and set a reminder for that for say 2 or 3 months . With Regards, Sudharson.AN Yes. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Sudharson AN" <meetsudhar@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O2EaHw3PEHA.3748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... | Hi, | | Is it possible to set an appointment and set a reminder for that for say 2 | or 3 months . | | With Regards, | | Sudharson.AN | | ...

convert appointment to opportunity : link ?
Hi everybody, There is a feature that allows us to "convert" an appointment to an opportunity. But there isn't any field that remember the link between the appointment and the opportunity... Do you know a way to get it? Isn't the activity listed in the Activities/History area of the Opportunity? When you convert an appointment to an opportunity that appointment should be listed as the only activity listed in the Activities (if you didn't close the appointment when converting) or History (if you did close the appointment when converting). Kind regards, Alex &...

I am unable to create new appointments in my calendar, why!?
Trying to create new appointments in my calendar, but it does nothing. I have tried it several different ways, using file, new, appointment also going to the calendar and highlighting a time and right click to select new appointment and nothing happens. I am able to create appointments in other calendars that I have permission to, it is just my own calendar. Also cannot open existing appointments. Try resetting the view. http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/resetview.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchang...

Changing System Clock without corrupting appointment times
My computer was set up on the east coast and appointments were entered for up to two years in advance. The computer was moved to the west coast and additional appoinments were entered. The system time was not adjusted for the different time zone. Now the reminders are off by 3 hours. If I change the system time, all appointments are in error by 3 hours. Is there a good way to correct the system clock without creating errors on all of my appointments. I have considered exporting all of the appointments to a file, deleting all appointments, then importing the appointments after rese...

Workflow and Appointment creation
Why is not possible to create an appointment in Workflow as activity type? what other way we could create an activity type of Appointment within the WF Manager? Thanks in advance for your help Max The main reason is that the creation of an Appointment indicates that the customer has agreed to meet with you. If the system just put a meeting on your calendar, you have no idea whether or not the customer agreed to that time and you might show up for a meeting and they might not be there. You are better off creating a task to have the user setup the meeting. If you really need this, then y...

Appointments in Outlook
Hi, I am trying to schedule an appointment in the Sales for Outlook Client which I have to add one of our users as an attendee. However, the appointment goes into my Outlook calendar but not into the Outlook calendar of the user that is an attendee. I then get a box pop up called Check Names - Microsoft Office Outlook does not recognise Companyname\Username. It asks me to select the address to use but in the box it has no suggestions. Does anyone know a way around this? Thanks in advance Lee ...

Outlook 2002 appointment sent to public folder calendar gets puts in someone elses calendar instead
My manager regularly works from home and puts the days he does this in advance into the IT Shared Calendar, which is in the public folder, and to which everyone in the IT department has publishing editor rights. He places the appointment into his own calendar, sets the time as 'out of office', adds 'IT Shared Calendar' as a required attendee, and then sends this appointment. The appointment appears in his own calendar correctly, but bizarrely enough instead of being inputted into the IT shared calendar within public folders; it appears in the calendar of the help desk manager i...

Pencilling in appointments
Evenin' all I'm using OLK 2003, SP3 under XP Pro. I sometimes "pencil in" the same appointment for several dates, all but one of which are cancelled when the rest of the gang agree on a date. This is done manually: none of my colleagues are Outlookers. Is there a way of making a conditional appointment, then having all but one of the dates disappear when one is confirmed? TIA John ...

Dropped Active Appointments/Recurring Appointments
I'm using my outlook to manage many appointments (single as well as recurring meetings). Over the past few weeks, I'm noticing that some are simply disappearing/dropping off my calendar. Anyone know why this happens and if I can prevent it? I can sense a major catastrophe in the making. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what drops off???? Help! ...

Active Appointments View
By default, the "active appointments" view groups recurring appointments separately from non-recurring appointments. If you remove the grouping, all recurring appointments will tend to be on the top, since their initial start dates will typically be in the past. Does anyone know of a way to show the recurring appoints in chronological context with all other appointments in the "active appointments" view? I.e., have recurring appointments sorted by their "next" start date/time, not by their initial start date/time. Thanks. because the grouping is really a sor...

Create appointments for another user
Is it possible to create an appointment from another user. I need to be able to create a case for a CSR and if necessary, also create an appointment on his/ner calander. Thanks in advance. -Chris Chris, You can create the appointment or case, after you created it (for yourself) you can assign it to someone else or to a queue (if you have enough rights for it). The assign option should be in the action menu. Hope this helps, Rob Bakkers Avanade Netherlands "Chris Pelon" wrote: > Is it possible to create an appointment from another user. I need to be able > to creat...

Calendar appointments in other time zones??
Is there a way to enter a calendar appointment at the correct time that it occurs in another time zone? ILOO If you send an appointment to a person in another time zone it should adjust correctly. Do you mean that you want an appointment in your calendar to be set at the time it would be in the other time zone? "I live on Quicken and Outlook" <Private@privacy.org> wrote in message news:2op3b1tq886k63ve645v37bnuqeg1imq2k@4ax.com... > Is there a way to enter a calendar appointment at the correct time > that it occurs in another time zone? On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 20:55:...

multiline appointments
I synchronize my outlook calendar with my Palm device. On the Palm I can easily create appointments with multiple lines which show up correctly in various views. These appointments show up with multiple lines after synching to Outlook if I double click on an appointment to bring up the appointment form. But the form shows a maximum of 2 lines at a time. The only way to create a line break in Outlook seems to be to copy the line break from an appointment I created on the Palm and paste it into the Outlook appointment form. However, when trying to print a list of appointments, I can eith...

User missing Appointments in Attendee Availability
w2k domain with exchange 2k and outlook 2k. I have a user who complained her attendee availability when creating a meeting request had some of her appointments not showing in attendee availability. I verified this by doing a meeting request and looking at her attendee availability schedule. I had her run /cleanfreebusy switch and after that, almost all her appointments disappeared in attendee availibity, except one reoccurring appointment. I then had her do a /resetfolders switch and that didn't do anything. I let "it" sit overnight and nothing has changed. I also had her che...

Phantom Recurring Appointment
I'm using Outlook 2003 at home, not part of Exchange. I'm using Google CalendarSync to put new appointments onto my Blackberry. I was having some difficulty with recurring appointments, so I created one in Outlook and another on the Blackberry and tested the sync process. Once I saw that both were created properly on both ends, I deleted both appointments. Neither appointment is shown in Outlook or on my Google Calendar or my Blackberry Calendar. However, if I open my deleted items folder in Outlook, I will see numerous deleted appointments that recurred at 30-minu...

CRM appointment form instead of Outlook appointment form
In the outlook client, when I click the "Create New Appointment' button in the CRM toolbar, the Outlook appointment form appears. Is there any reason why it is not the CRM Appointment form that shows? Is there a way to use the CRM form instead? I know you can go in the "Activities in CRM" folder and create a new appointment from the Activities screen, but at this point, you no longer see the Outlook Calendar, so it is now very convenient, nor is creating a outlook appointment, clicking the track in CRM button and finally adding the missing field in the CRM appointme...

Appointments
When Sending and receiving appointments to other outlook users, when they receive my appointment and accept it sends an email back to me, and when I open it and check it, then I go to the appointment in the calendar and check the tracking options the person who sent the reply is not regisitered as accepting the appointment in tracking options. the only difference is that I am using pop3 mail and the other users use exchange. ANy ideas or fixes for this issue. ...

iCalendar (ics) file adds appointment even when there is a conflic
I am creating a .ics file using a .net application and sending it over email. The recepient (using Outlook 2003) is able to open the ics file and add the appointment to their calendar. The issue is that the appointment gets added even when there is a conflict (an event already exists on recepient's calendar during that time). Is there a way that user should get notified if there is a conflict during that time (which happens when using regular calendar invites). Are you creating an invite or a plain appointment? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www...

Copy of Outlook 2002 appointment sent to Public Folder calendar gets to another calendar
My manager regularly works from home and puts the days he does this in advance into the IT Shared Calendar, which is in the public folder, and to which everyone in the IT department has publishing editor rights. He places the appointment into his own calendar, sets the time as 'out of office', adds 'IT Shared Calendar' as a required attendee, and then sends this appointment. The appointment appears in his own calendar and in the public folder; but it also appears in the calendar of his deputy.This is annoying for him, because it appears that the deputy manager is busy all day...