appointment start and end times

Can I assign a appointment without a start and end time? ie: "tba"
0
Signman (2)

No. For that it would be better to use a Task.

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP

http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza
http://www.cardozasolutions.com

"Signman" <Signman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I assign a appointment without a start and end time? ie: "tba"

0
patriciac (522)

CAsyncSocket ends with memory leak
vc++ 6.0; Command line application using MFC; After the end of the program the following error messages is displayed: Detected memory leaks! Dumping objects -> sockcore.cpp(88) : {1002} client block at 0x003E2850, subtype 0, 28 bytes long. a CPtrList object at $003E2850, 28 bytes long sockcore.cpp(86) : {1001} client block at 0x003E27F8, subtype 0, 28 bytes long. a CMapPtrToPtr object at $003E27F8, 28 bytes long sockcore.cpp(84) : {1000} client block at 0x003E4CB8, subtype 0, 28 bytes long. a CMapPtrToPtr object at $003E4CB8, 28 bytes long Object dump complete. I used the following pro...

Adding Time Format
I am adding time for a day and would like the total to be returned in a different format. If I needed the time between 8:30am and 12:00pm added up it displays 3:30 as my total. How do I have it display 3.5 as the total? Currently the total cell is formatted [hh]:mm. Thanks for the help. you need to do something like this A1: 8:30 AM A2: 12:00 PM A3: =(A2-A1)*24 and then format A3 as a number. "jtinne" wrote: > I am adding time for a day and would like the total to be returned in a > different format. If I needed the time between 8:30am and 12:00pm added up > i...

Word keeps Times New Roman as default
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, <br> I have tried to change default to Verdana but unsuccessfully. Word keeps typing new words in Times New Roman. The same applies with editing of documents where the paragraph was written in other font/style and my insertions appear in Times New Roman. It used not to be in this way (MSWord for Windows), where insertions where always in the style what paragraph used. <br> Please help. How did you try to change the default font? Exactly what commands? --rms www.rmschneider.com ...

Saving CRM Appointment REALLY SLOW
When we try to create appointments using the Outlook form and then use the "Track in CRM" button and select a "regarding account" . . . it take a LONG time to save and close that window. And it's not a hardware problem as this is a newer machine. Is there a better way to do this or a way to increase performance? -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com We observed this occasionally too, but not all the time. I understand that it does involve synching with Outlook Calender at the same time...

Appointments dissapear in Outlook98
I'm having some problems with outlook98 i'm running windowsNT4 (sp6a)on a notebook. Appointments on the calender disappear to reapear later the same day or a day after! This problem keeps returning can some1 please help me? Anyone who find an answer thanks a lot! ...

Insert cells at end of selection
Hi, I have a macro that I want to change to go look in a range of cells A3:R1000 and find the last row with data. I then want to step back and insert cells above this row. Eg, i have data in row 140, so I want to insert cells to get a blank lot of cells in row 140 from columns A to R. Is this possible? Kirsty This should do what you want, just assign the number of rows of cells in Columns A through R to insert to the NumberOfBlankRows variable (I used 4 for my example code)... Sub InsertBlankCellsColumnsAtoR() Dim LastRow As Long, NumberOfBlankRows NumberOfB...

unable to start directory service
We have an exchange server (alpha) running Windows NT4 and Exchange 5.5 (called exchange1, for example). We would like to move the services over to a Windows 2000 machine running exchange 5.5 We installed 5.5 on the new server (exchange2) and configured it with the exact same site and organization settings. We created the same drives on the new server and then copied over the priv.edb, pub.edb and dir.edb. When we try to start the services, we get errors so I thought "run isinteg - patch" . Unfortunately, we can't run isinteg-patch because the directory service will not ...

MS-CRM should support Recurring Appointment
MS-CRM should support Recurrring Appointment, just like MS-Outlook. Since CRM works in Outlook, this functionality should be available. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defau...

Appointments
If I have an opportunity client that I want to schedule a meeting for and also want a couple of internal employees to join, but also want a reminder, what is the best way to do this? When I go into Sales For Outlook client, I can create a CRM Appointment with Attendees internally, but cannot seem to pick any item in the CRM Folders to add in. Same, when I am in Opportunities and create and appointment, I can have everyone but it does not create an appointment in my Outlook for synching with a Palm Pilot and getting an reminder? Am I missing something or is there a recommend way to...

Outlook Fails To Start 'Open'
Strange problem with O2002, WinXP SP2, networked but app and pst local. McAfee Virus running - same problem with and without. Outlook appears to be starting correctly with the logo appearing in the bottom bar, then it often (not all the time) disappears. On some occasions if I wait long enough (anything between 1 and 10 mins) it may start-up correctly, other times not at all. If I check in CtlAltDel it's started as a process but just is not visible. Messenger is not activated, pst is large but same one runs on my laptop without problem. Any suggestions? -- Kahuna ------------ ...

CRM Appointments to Outlook Appointments
I am looking for some documentation around the relationship between CRM appointments and Outlook appointments. For example, I know that appointments I create in CRM can be synced into my Outlook calendar, which I like because then I can get a month view of what is coming up. When those appointments get put into my Outlook calendar, they are created with a reminder, which I don't like because I am getting an Outlook reminder popping up when I don't need one. And if I hit dismiss on that Outlook reminder, what impact does that have, if any, on the CRM appointment? Does it clos...

Excel takes long time to start
Recently someone reported that Excel was taking a long time to start - showing "Requesting virus scan" shows in Status Bar. Today I had the same thing - 3:15 mins to open Excel. This is on a machine which has XL2002 and XL2003 (I need to find all the differences) running under Win XP Home. Both version has the same slow start. I was unsure which version the Excel item on the left-side of the Start menu (recently used programs) referenced. So I deleted it. Then I used All Programs to locate and run XL2003 - nearly instant start - problem solved. If only they were all that easy! -- ...

Money 2002
Greetings, When I run the Income and Spending over time graph it displays accurate information in each bar chart per month, but if I drill into an individual bar chart for the transactions that make up that months income or expense, it shows both income and expense transactions, not the specific ones that make up that particular chart bar. Is this as designed? Kurt Probably. <kharless@qwest.net> wrote in message news:ce8101c3ee61$b4b0a620$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I run the Income and Spending over time graph it > displays accurate information in each bar chart per >...

Appointment !!!
Hi, Is it possible to set an appointment and set a reminder for that for say 2 or 3 months . With Regards, Sudharson.AN Yes. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Sudharson AN" <meetsudhar@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O2EaHw3PEHA.3748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... | Hi, | | Is it possible to set an appointment and set a reminder for that for say 2 | or 3 months . | | With Regards, | | Sudharson.AN | | ...

end program
Everytime I turn off the computer (as long as I have opened outlook at some point and time)I get a screen that says end program-outlook.exe and it acts like it has to shut down or close the program before it can shut down the computer. ...

Changing System Clock without corrupting appointment times
My computer was set up on the east coast and appointments were entered for up to two years in advance. The computer was moved to the west coast and additional appoinments were entered. The system time was not adjusted for the different time zone. Now the reminders are off by 3 hours. If I change the system time, all appointments are in error by 3 hours. Is there a good way to correct the system clock without creating errors on all of my appointments. I have considered exporting all of the appointments to a file, deleting all appointments, then importing the appointments after rese...

convert appointment to opportunity : link ?
Hi everybody, There is a feature that allows us to "convert" an appointment to an opportunity. But there isn't any field that remember the link between the appointment and the opportunity... Do you know a way to get it? Isn't the activity listed in the Activities/History area of the Opportunity? When you convert an appointment to an opportunity that appointment should be listed as the only activity listed in the Activities (if you didn't close the appointment when converting) or History (if you did close the appointment when converting). Kind regards, Alex &...

A fresh start on a Dell computer
This is: Dell Dimension XPS T600r Pentium III, 598MHz, 319MB RAM, 12.7GB hard drive If PCR sees this post, this computer is the one with the "shadowed display" that you helped me with about 8 months ago. It seemed likely that a part failed in the video card, but I decided to live with it as it's still very usable. Another problem it has, a sound card but no driver. The driver it needs is: Aureal A2D Sound Driver 3.12 Windows 9x, I believe. A year ago, the Dell site mentioned a driver that is for a different video card. Searching then did not give a download of...

How to turn OFF automatic noticing of appointments?
Everytime I add an appointment the checkbox is checked; "notice me 15 min before appointment" (or something like that - I have another language of Outlook). Is it possible to turn this option off as default? Best regards, =D8ystein In OL2003 and possibly earlier: Tools menu > Options. Right on the Preferences tab there's a setting for default Reminders. Uncheck it. <oystlars@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1132739700.593434.76400@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... Everytime I add an appointment the checkbox is checked; "notice me 15 min before appointment&quo...

Subtract and Add times
I am trying to figure out hours and minutes worked. The worksheet is set up as follows: Column A is formatted as 13:30 Column B is formatted as 13:00 Column C =B1-A1 00:30 (30 mins) At the top of Column C I have =SUBTOTAL formula. After the total reaches 24 hours, it starts over at 00:00. I want to see hours and minutes greater than 24 hours (ex. 50 hours and 35 minutes might look like 50:35, or is it possible for a formula to display a result to look like 50hr 35min). How can I use the =SUBTOTAL and still convert to hours and minutes past 24 hours? -- tufmarkerr ----------...

I am unable to create new appointments in my calendar, why!?
Trying to create new appointments in my calendar, but it does nothing. I have tried it several different ways, using file, new, appointment also going to the calendar and highlighting a time and right click to select new appointment and nothing happens. I am able to create appointments in other calendars that I have permission to, it is just my own calendar. Also cannot open existing appointments. Try resetting the view. http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/resetview.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchang...

Appointments in Outlook
Hi, I am trying to schedule an appointment in the Sales for Outlook Client which I have to add one of our users as an attendee. However, the appointment goes into my Outlook calendar but not into the Outlook calendar of the user that is an attendee. I then get a box pop up called Check Names - Microsoft Office Outlook does not recognise Companyname\Username. It asks me to select the address to use but in the box it has no suggestions. Does anyone know a way around this? Thanks in advance Lee ...

Workflow and Appointment creation
Why is not possible to create an appointment in Workflow as activity type? what other way we could create an activity type of Appointment within the WF Manager? Thanks in advance for your help Max The main reason is that the creation of an Appointment indicates that the customer has agreed to meet with you. If the system just put a meeting on your calendar, you have no idea whether or not the customer agreed to that time and you might show up for a meeting and they might not be there. You are better off creating a task to have the user setup the meeting. If you really need this, then y...

cannot start money 2004
installed money 2004, but couldn't start the program, after running the "CHECKSKU.EXE" application from cd disk, got a "the class 'CLSID_CallSummary -- Error: 0x80070057' is not registered properly" error message. can anyone please help? any reply would be appreciated. uk In microsoft.public.money, uk wrote: >installed money 2004, but couldn't start the program, >after running the "CHECKSKU.EXE" application from cd >disk, got a "the class 'CLSID_CallSummary -- Error: >0x80070057' is not registered properly" e...

Slow starting ie8
OS is WinXP and use Zone Alarm. Everything worked fine untill: Approx. two(2) weeks ago, after getting the latest updates for WinXp and ie8, I noticed ie8 took an extremely long time to load. After loading, everything seems to work normally. Downloaded new copy of browser and installed after removing old copy. No affect. Shutting down Zone Alarm had no effect I've since updated my graphics driver, but no effect there either. I use broadband via ethernet, so in order not to be connected to the web when playing games, etc. I disable the ethernet adaptor. (Makes m...