http://www.slovaktech.com
Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

news:317301c3a9ef$6fa5ca80$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> By default Outlook 2002 displays multiple appointments in
> a single Reminder window.  How can you change this to
> display each appointment in its own window?

0
kenslovak (742)

Filter appointments starting or finishing after a certain time
I'm creating a custom view of calender for all my non-work appointments which are a mix of - Holidays - Private appointments (where I've ticked the 'private' box in the calendar item) - Non-private appointments starting or ending after 18:00 regardless of date. I could do it by marking everything as private, but I need to see things that cross the work/private line e.g. holiday. There might also be work events that start or go on after hours that would knock on to my personal calendar. I could create a custom category of 'stuff that should be on my private calender', ...

Don't want reminders on shared calendar
I have a shared calendar. If I turn off the reminder notification under Tools>Preferences, will that turn off reminders on my personal calendar? I want those to stay the same. Yes, it will turn them off. You'll need to remove the reminders when you make the appointments. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTE...

Strange error on appointments
We have a CRM installation that has been running quite properly until a few days a go. Now when ever we save an appointment with required or optional attendees. CRM throws three successive errors: -First a web Page Dialog: An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. -Second: General failure in scheduling engine (click ingore and save here) -Third (DevError are On): The name passed in for the entity, item, does not match the logical name activityparty [CrmInvalidXmlEntityNameException: The name passed in for the entity, item, does not match the logical...

Outlook Reminders #5
Hi All, I have Outlook 2003 on my XP Pro machine. I have a question about setting Reminders as a Search Folder. So the question, is there a way for me to create a search criteria(using Advanced tab/fields) to formulate a search that would work the same way as reminders do. Note, the reminder window has multiple type of items emails, appointments, tasks ... and I would like to keep it that way in my Search Folder so that I can go to this customized folder and view everything together and whenever I want. Thanks in advance for the help. Dheeraj The only way you can create a search ...

Recieving Appointments as Messages
I have a new employee with XP win and Xp office join our work group.We run SBS 2000 with all win2k clients apart from this one case. The problem is that all if anyone on our domain tries to send him an appointment it is recieved by him as a message example - -----Original Message----- From: Stuart Moncrieff [mailto:stuartmoncrief@touchpsolutions.com] Sent: Tuesday, 12 August 2003 12:05 PM To: Chris Ali Subject: test When: Tuesday, 12 August 2003 4:30 PM-5:00 PM (GMT+10:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney. *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Does anyone have any idea why this would occour, and if so h...

Workflow and Appointment creation
Why is not possible to create an appointment in Workflow as activity type? what other way we could create an activity type of Appointment within the WF Manager? Thanks in advance for your help Max The main reason is that the creation of an Appointment indicates that the customer has agreed to meet with you. If the system just put a meeting on your calendar, you have no idea whether or not the customer agreed to that time and you might show up for a meeting and they might not be there. You are better off creating a task to have the user setup the meeting. If you really need this, then y...

calendar does not issue reminders
Hi: After I moved exchange server for 5.5 to 2000 all except one user has the problem where the schedule reminders in the Calendar does not work. I have looked at the following articles: 292183, 161033 and 195964 which all pretty much takes about using /calenders outlook.exe /resetfolders /cleanreminders or /cleanfreebusy I have tried all the above but to no avail. Does anyone have any other ideas how I can resolve this. Thanks in advance... ...

Indiana to Eastern Time Zone Exchange Appointment fixer scripts
Attached are some server-side VBScripts for Exchange 2003 (2000 was not tested) that effectively change appointments created in the Indiana Time Zone to Eastern Time Zone. It fixes both the time zone tags and start times where appropriate. Recurring meetings are dealt with properly, without creating exceptions. In fact, recurrences and exceptions adjust automatically. It also fixes single occurrence appointments for Apr 2 - Oct 29, 2006 ONLY. All fixed meetings have their subject lines appended with the original time and date of the item. There are additional scripts for fixing Pu...

setting a default time for follow up reminders
I have Outlook 2003/Windows XP. In Outlook 2000, I was able to set a default time for reminders. I can't seem to find that option in 2003. As I recall, it had something to do with my calendar work day / hours setting. Without changing the default, the system defaults to 12:00am for whatever date. I know I can set the time each time I create a follow up, but I prefer to set up a default time. Can you help me? Thank you. ...

Bank Loan. Due Date Follow Up, Email Reminders
Hi guys. As our business is growing, we were handled a significant amount of money from the bank. The money is collected each time we give the bank an oficial document stating the value of the product we are commercializing. In GP 8, what is the best way to handle these money loans?, they have a termination date and we are obligated to pay the loaned money plus interest. Is GP 8capable of sending reminders? Thanks in advance Daniel, Sounds like this may be handled by the Payables module together with either Revenue/Expense Deferrals or the Scheduled Payments. You should be able to ...

No CRM toolbar in Appointment windows
Hello, I have a problem. I do not see CRM toolbar in Outlook Appointment window. In other windows everything is OK . CRM addon is working. I use Office 2007 SP2 with CRM 4.0 UR7 and Windows 7. Any suggestions ? B.I. Not sure if its too late for this reply. I had the same problem, and the fix was as simple as this: 1. Go to Outlook Menubar -> CRM -> Options. 2. On the 'Set Personal Options' dialog, go to the Synchronization tab. 3. Check the 'Appointments I'm attending' checkbox and click OK. The CRM toolbar will be available in Appointments from now on...

Appointment requests appear with 1-hour difference to US-based recipients.
Hello, Our organisation is based in Europe but we have a branch office in New York. When staff in the NY office send appointment requests to NY-based correspondants outside our organisation, the proposed times appear one hour later. When they send appointments internally, or back to us in Europe, the times are fine. Is this because of the DST update or just the wrong timezone setting? We're using a mixture of Outlook 2003 and even Outlook 2002 clients with Exchange 2003. We have allthr major SPs and hotfixes at both client- and server-level. Thanks, - Alan. On Mon...

Follow up reminder does not work (Outlook 2002)
Hi. When I flag an email message for follow-up I only get a reminder when the mail stays in the Inbox. Not when I flag a message in e.g. Sent Items. Is this the way it should work or is my installation/configuration corrupt? /Mattias Reminders only fire from your default Inbox, Calendar, Tasks, or Contacts folders. There are some third-party solutions to enable reminders in other folders, however. Check out www.slovaktech.com -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version!...

Appointment Defaults
Hi there, Can anyone tell me if there is a way to change the defaults for new appointments. The main thing is trying to set Reminders to off and "Show time as" Busy. If there's not a standard alternative, would a vba event (ie on new appointment etc.) do the trick? Thanks John I'd think you'd have to change the form itself to change those things. "John" <JohnSickOfSpam@AOL.net> wrote in message news:OIg$ZwCmFHA.3304@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi there, > > Can anyone tell me if there is a way to change the defaults for new > appoi...

Workflow appointment send email to attendees
hi, is it possible to send emails to all required attendants of an appointment through a workflow??? Thanks Ian Not CRM 3.0. In 4.0, you can do it with one step. 1. You would create a Workflow for Appointment. 2. Add a Send E-mail Step 3. Use a Dynamic Expression to specify the To to be the Required Attendants for the Appointment "Ian" wrote: > hi, > > is it possible to send emails to all required attendants of an appointment > through a workflow??? > > Thanks > > Ian ...

Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...

can a reminder be sent as an email instead of a popup?
I'd like the reminders to be sent to my email account's inbox rather than pop up and interrupt me. Can that be done? Mr. Not without a third party program. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Mr . . asked: | I'd like the reminders to be sent to my email account's inbox rather | than pop up and interrupt me. | | Can that be done? | | Mr. "Mr . ." <deleteme@sbc.net> wrote in messag...

Outlook 2003: Critical Meeting Participant reminders?
I work for a government agency and there seems to be a culture of not responding to calendar invitations. I recently coordinated a meeting where the client agency showed up but none of the tech staff from the support side. Had to reschedule. I put in a task with reminder for the day prior to the meeting and had to make phone calls to get attendees. I know 2003 is "stone age" but is there a way in ANY version of Outlook to automatically remind certain invitees they have not responded? No. There is at least one addin you can use to remind you that they need to be reminded. ...

Duplicate Reminders in Outlook
We recently upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000. Since upgrading, once a week, all users on the network have all of their reminders appear again when they next login. We are using Outlook 2002. Look forward to any feedback. Try having the users run Outlook one time with the /cleanreminders switch. Start->Run->outlook.exe /cleanreminders --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives and finding no answer, Timothy Bolot <support@wildtechnology.net> asked: | We recently upgraded from Exch...

Change NEW APPOINTMENT, ACCEPT, Comments default #2
I get lots of New Appointment requests daily. After choosing ACCEPT, the question is asked, " "Do you want to include Comments with your response?" 3 options are given. They are: - Edit the response before sending - Send the response now (The Default selected) - Don't send a response How can I CHANGE the DEFAULT Comment option (which is presently the 2nd choice "Send the response now ") to a new Default of the 3rd choice "Don't send a response"? Change NEW APPOINTMENT, ACCEPT, Comments default ...

Turn off budget reminders?
I am using Money 2006 Deluxe, but I do not wish to keep a budget. It seems that every time I enter a transaction I am asked "The category you have selected for this bill is not currently part of your budget. Do you want Money to add the category so that your budget will include the bill?" Is there a way to turn these budget reminders off? Thanks. SteveD ...

Birthday Reminder
Sorry if I'm redundent. Had a question about Birthday reminders listed in my contacts. Would there be a way to just populate the date and have outlook automaticly remind you of a birthday? Thank you for your help If you put in the birthday, it will automatically remind you.What is it you need to do other than this? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer anonymous@discussions.micro...

how do i sort my 2003 outlook reminders chronoLOGICALLY?
My reminders are totally out of order. clicking "Due In" it doesn't resort. Anyway to put them in chronological order? ...

Reminder OKonly button when spreadsheet opens
My secretary is asking if there's a way to remind her to change th header in a spreadsheet weekly. I was thinking either a reminde (Okonly) when the workbook opens, or a button that brings up the forma so she can change it weekly? Found help on displaying paths in footers, but this is changing th date on the header for printing. Thanks for any help! krislyn;) US -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could insert a formula into a cell that displays on every Monday: =IF(WEEKDAY(TODAY())=2,"Update Header!","") The "2" represents Monday. 1=...

Outlook 2003 & snoozing reminders
Is there somewhere in Outlook 2003 where is can see which reminders are snoozing and until when? Thanks in advance... Bob You can add the reminder fields but there isn't a way To See snooze status or times. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstic...