Appointment Defaults

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to change the defaults for new
appointments.  The main thing is trying to set Reminders to off and "Show
time as" Busy.

If there's not a standard alternative, would a vba event (ie on new
appointment etc.) do the trick?

Thanks

John

I'd think you'd have to change the form itself to change those things.

"John" <JohnSickOfSpam@AOL.net> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> Can anyone tell me if there is a way to change the defaults for new
> appointments.  The main thing is trying to set Reminders to off and "Show
> time as" Busy.
>
> If there's not a standard alternative, would a vba event (ie on new
> appointment etc.) do the trick?

0
vince8328 (2733)
8/3/2005 1:20:22 PM
Thanks Vince, I'll check out customised forms.

Best regards

John

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vince@omegageek.com> wrote in message
> I'd think you'd have to change the form itself to change those things.
>
> "John" <JohnSickOfSpam@AOL.net> wrote in message
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Can anyone tell me if there is a way to change the defaults for new
>> appointments.  The main thing is trying to set Reminders to off and "Show
>> time as" Busy.
>>
>> If there's not a standard alternative, would a vba event (ie on new
>> appointment etc.) do the trick?

Word keeps Times New Roman as default
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, <br> I have tried to change default to Verdana but unsuccessfully. Word keeps typing new words in Times New Roman. The same applies with editing of documents where the paragraph was written in other font/style and my insertions appear in Times New Roman. It used not to be in this way (MSWord for Windows), where insertions where always in the style what paragraph used. <br> Please help. How did you try to change the default font? Exactly what commands? --rms www.rmschneider.com ...

Saving CRM Appointment REALLY SLOW
When we try to create appointments using the Outlook form and then use the "Track in CRM" button and select a "regarding account" . . . it take a LONG time to save and close that window. And it's not a hardware problem as this is a newer machine. Is there a better way to do this or a way to increase performance? -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com We observed this occasionally too, but not all the time. I understand that it does involve synching with Outlook Calender at the same time...

Appointments dissapear in Outlook98
I'm having some problems with outlook98 i'm running windowsNT4 (sp6a)on a notebook. Appointments on the calender disappear to reapear later the same day or a day after! This problem keeps returning can some1 please help me? Anyone who find an answer thanks a lot! ...

Listbox defaulting to the first item
What would be the code to get a listbox to default to the first item upon open? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Kevlar Try Sheets("Sheet1").ListBox1.ListIndex = 0 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Kevlar >" <<Kevlar.16m5go@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Kevlar.16m5go@excelforum-nospam.com... > What would be the code to get a listbox to default to the first item > upon open? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > ...

changing default application
Hi all, I have a newPowerBook G4 that came loaded with the Office 2004 Test Drive, but I have a fully licensed Office X version running on it that I like just fine. The default for opening Office documents was somehow set to the 2004 version and I can't seem to get it set to the 10.0 version... anyone know how? First, uninstall the Office 2004 Test Drive. Open the Microsoft Office 2004 folder, and then run the Remove Office tool. If documents still don't seem to open in the right version of Office, select a Word document, and go to File > Get Info. Under "Open With", ...

How do I change default font for hyperlinks in Excel '07???
Totally confused...! Where do I set the default font in Excel '07 for hyperlinks? Its automatically putting "calibri" font size "11". My workbooks are always Arial font 8. This is a pain...!!! Thank you!!! -- My system: - Windows Vista Business - Office 2007 Business Edition - Adobe Standard 8 - Kasparsky Anti-Virus 6 - IE 7 - Dell Vostro 1700 laptop - 2 GB Ram - Intel Core 2 Duo CPU @ 2.00 Ghz w00t. Figured it out. strange place for it. In the "Home" ribbon, under "Styles", there is a little button in the bottom right beside the "N...

MS-CRM should support Recurring Appointment
MS-CRM should support Recurrring Appointment, just like MS-Outlook. Since CRM works in Outlook, this functionality should be available. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defau...

Appointments
If I have an opportunity client that I want to schedule a meeting for and also want a couple of internal employees to join, but also want a reminder, what is the best way to do this? When I go into Sales For Outlook client, I can create a CRM Appointment with Attendees internally, but cannot seem to pick any item in the CRM Folders to add in. Same, when I am in Opportunities and create and appointment, I can have everyone but it does not create an appointment in my Outlook for synching with a Palm Pilot and getting an reminder? Am I missing something or is there a recommend way to...

CRM Appointments to Outlook Appointments
I am looking for some documentation around the relationship between CRM appointments and Outlook appointments. For example, I know that appointments I create in CRM can be synced into my Outlook calendar, which I like because then I can get a month view of what is coming up. When those appointments get put into my Outlook calendar, they are created with a reminder, which I don't like because I am getting an Outlook reminder popping up when I don't need one. And if I hit dismiss on that Outlook reminder, what impact does that have, if any, on the CRM appointment? Does it clos...

How to change default font for title/header in Notebook Layout?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to change the default font for the page header/title in Notebook Layout (it's currently Verdana, 18 pt). But when I go to change the font there, if I click &quot;Default&quot; then it makes the new font the default font for the entire document, not just the header. Clearly not right, since then I end up with the actual notes in really big font. <br><br>How do I change the default font particularly for that element of Notebook Layout? Generically, it's a really bad idea to try...

How to turn OFF automatic noticing of appointments?
Everytime I add an appointment the checkbox is checked; "notice me 15 min before appointment" (or something like that - I have another language of Outlook). Is it possible to turn this option off as default? Best regards, =D8ystein In OL2003 and possibly earlier: Tools menu > Options. Right on the Preferences tab there's a setting for default Reminders. Uncheck it. <oystlars@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1132739700.593434.76400@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... Everytime I add an appointment the checkbox is checked; "notice me 15 min before appointment&quo...

I am unable to create new appointments in my calendar, why!?
Trying to create new appointments in my calendar, but it does nothing. I have tried it several different ways, using file, new, appointment also going to the calendar and highlighting a time and right click to select new appointment and nothing happens. I am able to create appointments in other calendars that I have permission to, it is just my own calendar. Also cannot open existing appointments. Try resetting the view. http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/resetview.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchang...

Appointment !!!
Hi, Is it possible to set an appointment and set a reminder for that for say 2 or 3 months . With Regards, Sudharson.AN Yes. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Sudharson AN" <meetsudhar@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O2EaHw3PEHA.3748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... | Hi, | | Is it possible to set an appointment and set a reminder for that for say 2 | or 3 months . | | With Regards, | | Sudharson.AN | | ...

Changing System Clock without corrupting appointment times
My computer was set up on the east coast and appointments were entered for up to two years in advance. The computer was moved to the west coast and additional appoinments were entered. The system time was not adjusted for the different time zone. Now the reminders are off by 3 hours. If I change the system time, all appointments are in error by 3 hours. Is there a good way to correct the system clock without creating errors on all of my appointments. I have considered exporting all of the appointments to a file, deleting all appointments, then importing the appointments after rese...

Default Weight in Pivot Table Charts keeps getting reset
Hi, I have created a Pivot Table chart and I am using basic line chart to display the data...I would like to make the line weight 2 points heavier than the standard but each time I select new values from the Pivot Table chart it resets to the default....where do you set this to remain at the values entered... Any help appreciated.... Scott ...

convert appointment to opportunity : link ?
Hi everybody, There is a feature that allows us to "convert" an appointment to an opportunity. But there isn't any field that remember the link between the appointment and the opportunity... Do you know a way to get it? Isn't the activity listed in the Activities/History area of the Opportunity? When you convert an appointment to an opportunity that appointment should be listed as the only activity listed in the Activities (if you didn't close the appointment when converting) or History (if you did close the appointment when converting). Kind regards, Alex &...

Text Box Defaults
Hi, Im trying to set a text box Default Value to a public variable in my database I have set the Default Value to = MyVariable(60) but all I get is #Name? the variable is a variant and I have checked to see that whats stored in the variable can be entered into the text box. Help! Steve - Land Down Under Steve, Is MyVariable the name of a Function? If so, I would expect it to work as the textbox's Default Value, as long as its syntax is correct. I would suspect that the #Name? error may not be related at all to this Default Value property. It is more likely to be related to the ...

how-to change the default grey font for Read Group Headers?
Hi, In the Inbox view settings I see an option to change the 'unread' group header font/color but I cannot see how to change the 'read' group header font/color. I find the default grey to be difficult to read on my monitor and I'd really like to change it. Does anyone have a nifty trick for doing this? Thanks in advance. A little more information: The default font color is light blue for 'read' message groups. I was seeing grey due to a custom desktop style. I went through the list of 'advanced' options in the them settings but none seemed to contr...

Workflow and Appointment creation
Why is not possible to create an appointment in Workflow as activity type? what other way we could create an activity type of Appointment within the WF Manager? Thanks in advance for your help Max The main reason is that the creation of an Appointment indicates that the customer has agreed to meet with you. If the system just put a meeting on your calendar, you have no idea whether or not the customer agreed to that time and you might show up for a meeting and they might not be there. You are better off creating a task to have the user setup the meeting. If you really need this, then y...

Appointments in Outlook
Hi, I am trying to schedule an appointment in the Sales for Outlook Client which I have to add one of our users as an attendee. However, the appointment goes into my Outlook calendar but not into the Outlook calendar of the user that is an attendee. I then get a box pop up called Check Names - Microsoft Office Outlook does not recognise Companyname\Username. It asks me to select the address to use but in the box it has no suggestions. Does anyone know a way around this? Thanks in advance Lee ...

Outlook default font
I use Outlook 2000, usually in plain text. But my eyes are getting old, and I would like to set the default font of incoming e-mail bigger. Is this possible without changing my whole Windows size? ...

Outlook 2002 appointment sent to public folder calendar gets puts in someone elses calendar instead
My manager regularly works from home and puts the days he does this in advance into the IT Shared Calendar, which is in the public folder, and to which everyone in the IT department has publishing editor rights. He places the appointment into his own calendar, sets the time as 'out of office', adds 'IT Shared Calendar' as a required attendee, and then sends this appointment. The appointment appears in his own calendar correctly, but bizarrely enough instead of being inputted into the IT shared calendar within public folders; it appears in the calendar of the help desk manager i...

Pencilling in appointments
Evenin' all I'm using OLK 2003, SP3 under XP Pro. I sometimes "pencil in" the same appointment for several dates, all but one of which are cancelled when the rest of the gang agree on a date. This is done manually: none of my colleagues are Outlookers. Is there a way of making a conditional appointment, then having all but one of the dates disappear when one is confirmed? TIA John ...

Default File
How do I change the default location for saving a file in Publisher 2007? I had no trouble doing it in Word 2007, but the options are not the same. Jeff Create a file in Favorite Links if you are using Vista. In Windows XP, create a folder in My Places. It means an extra click, but it is the way it is. The default directory path is missing in Publisher 2007. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jeff Stanton" <jstanton@hughes.net> wrote in message news:t0VLj.59578$yk5.42206@newsfe18.lga... > How ...

Dropped Active Appointments/Recurring Appointments
I'm using my outlook to manage many appointments (single as well as recurring meetings). Over the past few weeks, I'm noticing that some are simply disappearing/dropping off my calendar. Anyone know why this happens and if I can prevent it? I can sense a major catastrophe in the making. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what drops off???? Help! ...