Apply view to all folders

Greetings,

A user has numerous folders created under her Inbox in
Outlook 2000.  She woule like to create a custom view and
then apply it to all folders automatically.

I can create a custom view easily, but can't find a way to
apply it to all folders other than on a one-by-one basis.
Is there a way to apply the view to all folders at one
time?

Thanks much,
Justin
0
anonymous (74721)

You can't apply it to all at once - unless you customize the Messages view.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Justin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> A user has numerous folders created under her Inbox in
> Outlook 2000.  She woule like to create a custom view and
> then apply it to all folders automatically.
>
> I can create a custom view easily, but can't find a way to
> apply it to all folders other than on a one-by-one basis.
> Is there a way to apply the view to all folders at one
> time?
>
> Thanks much,
> Justin

0
info2937 (567)
6/1/2004 4:48:43 PM
Even if I create a custom view for the messages view, it
does not apply to folders beneath the inbox.  Were you
referring to something else?

Thanks for your reply.
Justin

Guide)
>Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual
QuickStart Guide)

>Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:
http://www.slipstick.com
tips.net/

>"Justin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> Greetings,
>>
>> A user has numerous folders created under her Inbox in
>> Outlook 2000.  She woule like to create a custom view
and
>> then apply it to all folders automatically.
>>
>> I can create a custom view easily, but can't find a way
>> apply it to all folders other than on a one-by-one
basis.
>> Is there a way to apply the view to all folders at one
>> time?
>>
>> Thanks much,
>> Justin
>

>.

0
anonymous (74721)
6/1/2004 6:08:43 PM
You have to customize the Messages view - and for best results, you need to
use the /cleanviews switch to clean out all of the custom and one-off views.
Once all the one-offs are gone, all folders using the Messages view will use
the new customizations.

Start menu, run, type
outlook.exe /cleanviews

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> Even if I create a custom view for the messages view, it
> does not apply to folders beneath the inbox.  Were you
> referring to something else?
>
> Thanks for your reply.
> Justin

0
info2937 (567)

Private Folder Restrictions
Hi I just need to know if there is a way of restricting the creation of folders within a user's mailbox (ie under Inbox, under Contacts, etc). Can this be done with a policy? If it can be done please point me in the right direction! OS: W2K/WXP with Outlook2000 with an Exchange 2000 info store. Huge Thanks Peter Not that I know of....what's your intended purpose in this? Peter wrote: > Hi > I just need to know if there is a way of restricting the > creation of folders within a user's mailbox (ie under > Inbox, under Contacts, etc). > > Can this be done ...

Passing data between view and dialog
Hi, I need help on the passing of data between a view and a dialog. My problem definition is as follows. I have a view class which is derived from the CView class.In this view class i have a list of bytes arranged in rows and columns.When i select a single byte or a group of bytes and select edit option it opens up a new dialog box.The new dialog box contains the same data as that of the view arranged in rows and columns.The problem is i want to highlight the selected items in the new dialog box that were selected in the view class. Can anybody help me on this. Regards Arun Have a method...

How do I keep folders expanded when outlook closed?
Everytime you "close" outlook (as when an update happens), all the floders which are "open" close down so they must manually be repoened. There must be a way to keep them open - as with a large list of folders this is a 5 to 10 minute ordeal. No, there is no way to force outlook to keep the folders open. Some versions of outlook will open the folders as rules move new mail into them - that is the only way to automatically open them. "StephenASilverman" <StephenASilverman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E456EE18-85DE-4281-A1...

How to change font/spacing for Outlook 2007 calendar month view?
The font and line spacing on the Outlook 2007 calendar month view makes it very difficult to read my appointments. How can I change 1) the font size, and 2) the space between lines? kgduke;146968 Wrote: > The font and line spacing on the Outlook 2007 calendar month view makes > it > very difficult to read my appointments. How can I change 1) the font > size, > and 2) the space between lines? 1. Right click on the calendar and choose Other settings to change the font. 2. You can't. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP] Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlo...

Change order of Views
We have set up different views in our Document page on SharePoint. We would like to put the list of created views in alpha order. Is there a way to do this? I made several views in a document library with un-sorted name. but when I click the view in the document library, those views are sorted in alpha order. (mine is MOSS 2007 SP2) "Newsgal" wrote: > We have set up different views in our Document page on SharePoint. We would > like to put the list of created views in alpha order. Is there a way to do > this? ...

Public Folder Replication issues
My exchange environment is Server1, E3K sp2, Server2, E2K sp3, Server3 E3K sp2. Server1 is a front end server running OWA, Server 2 and 3 are backend servers. I have a couple of issues that started when we upgraded server 1 and 3 from E2K to E3K 1 users that connect though OWA and try to connect to a public folder gets the following message. YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO VIEW THIS PAGE. I have check their permissions and all looks good, what else could I check? 2 a couple of public folder replication questions. Do public folders need emails addresses to replicate. Ours are not enabled b...

Archive Folder 12-28-09
My "Archive Folder" has become full and I now cannot open it to view "Sent Items". I am getting a message to delete some of the items, but I cannot get the folder open to delete the items. Is there a way I can get to the items in the folder? -- Ronnie What version of Outlook created this archive? "Ronnie" <Ronnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26BCBD2E-C3A6-425E-ADE0-1FA1CBC9AE49@microsoft.com... > My "Archive Folder" has become full and I now cannot open it to view "Sent > Items". I am getting...

How do I apply a combo box to multiple cells in Excel so that it .
I would like to apply a combo drop down box in Excel. However I only want the box to appear when the cursor is over the cell can anyone offer me some help on this matter? Thank you, Dwain Hi Dwain, Perhaps you are looking for Data Validation, available on the Data menu. See Debra Dalgleish's tutorial at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html --- Regards, Norman "DB" <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6939ADC2-CF1C-46AA-B163-BEE27E23356A@microsoft.com... >I would like to apply a combo drop down box in Excel. However I only w...

Apply view to all folders
Greetings, A user has numerous folders created under her Inbox in Outlook 2000. She woule like to create a custom view and then apply it to all folders automatically. I can create a custom view easily, but can't find a way to apply it to all folders other than on a one-by-one basis. Is there a way to apply the view to all folders at one time? Thanks much, Justin You can't apply it to all at once - unless you customize the Messages view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Gu...

Web/Virtual Folders
I am in the process of installing CRM I have configured the database and reporting services on the default Web site. I am wondering if I should create a new WEb site for CRM or if I should install in a default Web site. There are other applications that will be installed on this Server but they will have their own Web site. Is better for CRM to have its own web site or is it better to stay under the default Web site? PS: The server is running on Windows Server 2003 R2 and SQL Server 2005 sp1 with .NET framework 2.0 Thanks! OD ...

Lost sent emails & Personal Folders dissappearing
Recently I have lost a sent e-mail generated in ACT! 6.0. The e-mail should have gone to Outbox in Outlook, but did not get there. I just recently went out to get my e-mails and a whole subfolder under Personal Folders just dissappeared. What is your default program for mail? Have you checked with Act! for assistance? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no ans...

Viewing Pictures
Is there a way to get Outlook 2002 to imbed a picture attachment into the document instead of having to open it? Outlook Express automatically shows the picture in the mail message, Outlook stores it as an attachment that must be opened. Any way to change this setting? Outlook can only display images "inline" if the sender used HTML or Rich Text format for the message and embedded the image into the body. If the image was sent as an attachment, you will always receive it as an attachment. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably...

Run-time error 2001 & cannot open form in design view
After saving some design changes on a fairly complex form I am now getting run time error 2001 and the form will not open. It will not open in design view either. I had only added a label and changed some formatting before saving the design change. This has happened before on this same form and I retrieved the old version from my back up. Has anybody else experienced this? Is there possibly a limit to how many sub-forms can be on a form that may be causing this? Ernie, I'm having the same problem with a main form that contains 10 tabbed subforms. I'm able to open ...

Mail folders are disappearing without being deleted.
Folders from both "Favorites" and "All Mail Folders" are disappearing and cannot be found anywhere. They are not being deleted. There one day, gone the next, along with all of the emails contained therein. Running Outlook 2003, SP3. Does anyone have a fix? My IT department thinks I am doing something wrong! Do they recover automatically as well? Which mail account type are you using? If Exchange, do they still show in Outlook Web Access (OWA)? If so, it sounds like your ost-file holds a corruption. Rename it to .old when Outlook is closed and have Outloo...

view applied?
What does the following WLM beta message mean? View applied not connected to imap4.xxxxxx.co.uk I had already clicked on this account and a couple of emails were downloaded. ...

Task list view shows blanks in Outlook for two columns
I can't get Outlook to fill in the % completed column and the category column. It shows blank even though I have assigned categories and many of my tasks have a percent completed. What version of outlook and what type of account do you have? Can you assign them but they don't stick, or can't you set them at all, or do they work ok on open forms but not in the folder table view? "Ripantuck" <Ripantuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E06E74B7-38E5-47BA-87E5-93A3946D6387@microsoft.com... >I can't get Outlook to fill in the % completed co...

Viewing protected cells
Is there a way to view LOCKED CELLS on a worksheet after the worksheet is protected? Could there be a macro created so that I can use for example ALT+L to view these cells temporarely and then press ESC to go back to normal bview? This could be in a temporary formatting of these cells in a different background color. This would be a very handy way to quickly make sure that the required cells are locked when creating a worksheet with locked cells. There is another way, which is using TAB to jump from one locked cell to another but it is time consuming. That function does not exist in Exc...

Inserting an object into a public folder
We are inserting user's pictures under our public folder for Employees listing. We want to insert an object which would be their picture. It works great and the picture shows up. But after a week or so they turn from *.psd into *.bmp and then exchange shows the picture as an attachment rather than just having the picture inside of that public folder which was automatically viewable before. Does anybody know a fix for this? Sorry if the explanation is alittle rough:) Thanks in Advaced Lo ...

I've applied a Fill and now can't see the gridlines....
Does anyone know how to show the Gridlines through a fill? I've searched and searched but can't find the answer, yet the silly thing is I know it can be done as I have done it before (by accident) Any help mostgratefully received! bestregards, Tim Apply borders... In article <62E1EA83-287A-4FE3-BEC6-7C0155EA1850@microsoft.com>, "FizzyBunghole" <FizzyBunghole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to show the Gridlines through a fill? I've searched and > searched but can't find the answer, yet the silly thing is I know it c...

Cannot delete public folder items while being folder owner
We are having this problem that seems to be a little weird.. A person having access as a publishing editor or even folder owner of our public folders (contacts, calendar, or tasks) cannot delete anything that was made more than a week ago. If someone creates a new item now then one of those people can manipulate it however they want.. But on an older entry only the administrator account can delete or change an entry.. Even people with ownership and editor rights cannot do it.. This is the annoying error an owner or someone with sufficient rights sees when trying to perform this task ...

Can't view files with latest beta refresh
I downloaded the latest Beta2 refresh and now I cant access any of my word and publisher docs. It says "can't find file" or some such thing. I thought I read somewhere that the view and print functions in the latest refresh have been disabled. This is MOST inconvenient as every piece of business on my hard drive is now useless....is there any way of fixing this? Fabman wrote: > I downloaded the latest Beta2 refresh and now I cant access any of my word > and publisher docs. It says "can't find file" or some such thing. I thought I > read somewhere tha...

M2005 Cannot Apply Epayment To Invoice
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4AD73.81F30C10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I create invoices for payments from customers. I have those = automatically charged to their bank accounts and credited to my bank = account. When the payments hit my bank account and are downloaded into = Money, I go into the transaction and enter "Payment For Invoice" and = then try to go to the apply payment to an invoice screen but a nice = little pop up comes up in Money 2005 that says &qu...

Exchange 2003
Hi everyone, sine we upgrade Exchange 2003 to SP2 we have the following problem: Public message folder, all messages are forwarded to recipient through the folder assistant. But all messages which are marked as "private" are not forwarded. How can we change that behaviour ? Thanks a lot, thomas Hello Thomas, Thank you for posting. I have performed the tests on two Exchange servers and reproduced the issue. It is by design. Any messages marked as "Private" can not be forwarded. We can not change the behavior. The only workaround is: Do not send "Private"...

Cross Apply problem
How do I get the desired result for the following: SOURCE TABLE: USSoilLyr FIELDS: TAXOR PARTSIZE PCT_R Alfisols ashy 60 Alfisols ashy 57 Alfisols ashy 38 Alfisols clayey 85 Alfisols clayey 79 Andisols medial 50 Andisols medial 36 DESIRED RESULT (TARGET TABLE): T_Order FIELDS: TAXOR PARTSIZE PCT_R Alfisols ashy AVG(60+57+38) Alfisols clayey Avg(85+79) Andisols medial Avg(50+36) My T-SQL Code, as follows, returns wrong calculations when I manually check the results. UPDATE T_Order SET ...

How do I search the Deleted Items folder for unread Items?
How do I search the Deleted Items folder for unread Items? or better yet how do I creat a search folder for Unread Deleted Items and move it to my favorites? "misterm" <misterm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A811BA25-3BDF-4FD3-B769-546FAEC8B3BD@microsoft.com... > How do I search the Deleted Items folder for unread Items? or better yet how > do I creat a search folder for Unread Deleted Items and move it to my > favorites? Create a new Unread Mail folder and change its criteria to look at only the Deleted Items folder. RIght-click Se...