Anybody out there? Outlook Today pane and other questions

I want to set up several layers of tasks, for instance, call, drop by, mail
flyers, as well as lists of other unrelated projects.  BUt my outlook today
pane only shows one task list.  I went under customize, and it allows you to
pick a folder, ie inbox, but that won't show your tasks.  Can I customize
what outlook today shows?

Or, what is the best way to use oUtlook for project management?

And what is the best way to deal with a sales contact list?  It seems like
you can't change the flag color in contacts, and you can't color code the
contact label to show who you've called, etc.  So what do you do?  I thought
about simply dragging the contacts into separate folders once hte call was
done, ie bring flyers by, call back, not interested etc.  But then that tears
up the contact list.

Unfortunately my budget won't allow buying a contact management program
right now and I am trying to get by in Outlook, but am still trying to figure
out teh best method.  Also, when posting on here, no one's answering the
posts which is frustrating -- it must not be a very active board -- I am
losing a lot of time due to disorganization and may just give up and go back
to a paper system or something but I thought i'd post and see if anyone's out
therel thanks
0
RV (15)

RV <RV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I want to set up several layers of tasks, for instance, call, drop
> by, mail flyers, as well as lists of other unrelated projects.  BUt
> my outlook today pane only shows one task list.  I went under
> customize, and it allows you to pick a folder, ie inbox, but that
> won't show your tasks.  Can I customize what outlook today shows?

Yes.  Click Customize Outlook Today, then Choose Folders and you can put any
folder you want on that page.  However, the Tasks list that is presented is
going to be the contents of the Tasks folder from the delivery location
(either Exchange or the main PST).  You can't display any other Tasks folder
as a Tasks list.  You can put a link to anyother folder containing Task
Items, but it will be just a link as for any other folder.

> Or, what is the best way to use oUtlook for project management?

Outlook is not a project manager.  Microsoft Project, as well as others are.

> And what is the best way to deal with a sales contact list?  It seems
> like you can't change the flag color in contacts, and you can't color
> code the contact label to show who you've called, etc.  So what do
> you do?  I thought about simply dragging the contacts into separate
> folders once hte call was done, ie bring flyers by, call back, not
> interested etc.  But then that tears up the contact list.

Use categories, perhaps.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Link Access 2007 to outlook 2007
Hello, I currently have a large database of clients in Microsoft Access. Every month my company send out news letters and invites to the seminars that we host. I currently do all of this manually which as you are probably aware very time consuming. 1) Is there a way I can link my access database to outlook so our clients would be in both, without me having to double input. 2) Once into Outlook can I send a mass mail but keep it personalised, for example Dear ........? I hope somebody can help me as this takes up so much of my time and I'm sure there is an easier...

OUTLOOK HOLIDAYS
My holidays are reoccurring through 12/24/02. So none of my holidays are showing in 2003. How can I change the end date so my holidays appear on my calender? Thank you http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7D4D9017-8D4E-4963-8BA7-D2E91D491F5E&displaylang=en --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer JOHN <JOHN@YAHOO.COM> asked: | My holidays are reoccurring through 12/24/02. So none of | my holidays are showing in 2003. How can I change the | end...

Outlook and Lotus Notes 6
WE are a Lotus Notes shop, running version 6. I have on application that my HR department uses that is mapi compliant and does not support Lotus Notes. I used to, with Windows 98 and Office 97, be able to create a profile in Outlook to talk to notes and they were able to run Outlook on the front end, as a mail client, but were in actuallity running notes still on the back end. Does anyone know a way to do this with Office 2002 (or even Office 2000) running on Windows XP? Thanks! William, You can download the Microsoft Outlook 2002 connector for IBM Lotus Domino from http://offic...

RPC/HTTP Outlook .CMW file overwrites users outlook settings
We recently configured our servers to respond to RPC/HTTP requests which works fine when I manually configure our Outlook clients. I am trying to use the custom maintenance wizard to change all users' settings to use RPC/HTTP, but when pushing the CMW or PRF file to client computers it resets outlook settings to default, I.E. the "signature" field and other personal settings are blank and need to be set again. Is there a way to update outlook settings for RPC/HTTP without having to reconfigure all the personal settings in Outlook via GPO, CMW, or PRF? ...

Outlook 2003
I created a Signature in the mail format . I set the font to blue and typed the signature. All is good but the first line with my name always comes out black. The rest is fine. If I change to any other color it works fine...any ideas? -- Raphie P. On 02/12/2009 in message <7945B415-A7EB-4C0B-9DEF-37646D8BA87C@microsoft.com> Ralphie wrote: >I created a Signature in the mail format . I set the font to blue and >typed >the signature. All is good but the first line with my name always comes >out >black. The rest is fine. If I change to any other c...

Does anybody know of any free templates for managing transformatio
Does anybody know of any templates for business or process transformation to work with Project, Visio or Powerpoint? Looking at transformation is a journey without end (but with demonstrable changes/milestones/improvements along the way and is about culture and attitude more than technology or equipment. Accepts that perhaps many concurrent activities covering differnt core capabilities and lines of development occur in parallel, sometimes with the same actors, sometimes different and interacting. At some point take stock, refresh reenergise and move forward. ...

Outlook Tasks
I have received some forwarded tasks from a colleague via email. I click to open the task and then click 'save and close' but the task does not appear anywhere in my task list. Can someone please explain how I get the task to appear in my tasks list? I am using Outlook 2007 with Vista. -- Bensum Have you tried Move/Copy To Folder? -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en> Am Fri, 12 Mar 2010 05:03:01 -0800 schrieb Bensum: > I have received some forwarded ...

Outlook 2002 and VPN
Hi, I have a user who works via VPN and has OUtlook 2002. She was working offline. She created three emails. When she goes to send emails while connected, there is nothing in her outbox. However, when she is not connected to VPN, emails appear in outbox. Also, She can receive emails while on VPN User is not seeing any of the work she has done offline being replicated to her mail folder when online. All mail that was deleted while offline is still present online. Had user perform a send/receive. Completed successfully but no change. Walked user through creating a new mail profile. Can anyone...

Tricky Outlook Question
Here�s my question, thanks in advanced for the help. I have just been assigned a project that I thought was going to b relatively simple. I am supposed to take a pst file that contain inbox data from 5 different users and copy it to a CD-R so that anyon can open it anywhere at any time. Well I created the file, and tha worked just fine. I can open it on my workstation when it�s saved t my harddrive or anywhere else on the network. The problem is that whe the file is copied to a CD and tried to open from any computer, workstation defined on our internal network, or any other machine, re...

outlook not refreshing
Hello, On some of my users, their outlook client will not show new email unless the user clicks on another folder group in outlook... for example, i have users with blackberry's... they recieve the email on the blackberry but when looking at their inbox there is nothing. If they click on contacts or calendar or anything other than inbox, the inbox will refresh and show a new message. If the user stays on the inbox veiw, the client WILL NOT show the new mail. Has anyone ever come across this before? any solution? Thanks in advance. pittspeed wrote: > Hello, > > On ...

Outlook 2007 01-08-10
I have used outlook express to manage my email traffic. I recently installed outlook 2007 and need to import the email data into my outlook. Anyone help me do this? Don Shep;113113 Wrote: > I have used outlook express to manage my email traffic. I recently > installed > outlook 2007 and need to import the email data into my outlook. Anyone > help > me do this? If your data is in Outlook Express right now, configure Outlook so that it's working. Then, in Outlook, click File>Import and Export>Import Internet Mail and Addresses>Next. Select &qu...

Question #3
Hello, Anyone point me in the direction as to where I can find help on the question below? What two parts combine to make up the serialization of application objects in Visual C++. I thought it was DECLARE_SERIAL and IMPLEMENT_SERIAL, I've been told that's not correct. Any help appreciated. "confusedinc" <confusedinc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD87627B-82A0-41DA-BE9E-579C5BCBB619@microsoft.com... > Hello, > Anyone point me in the direction as to where I can find help on the > question > below? > > What two parts combine t...

how do i use outlook as my default?
i do not know how to make outlook work. I have it installed but, when I try to send an e-mail it always gives me a message that says error cannot find server or something of that sort...I use yahoo..but cannot use outlook..can anyone help? nina <nina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i do not know how to make outlook work. I have it installed but, when > I try to send an e-mail it always gives me a message that says error > cannot find server or something of that sort...I use yahoo..but > cannot use outlook..can anyone help? If you're using yahoo.com in the server...

Outlook #181
I am having a problem with Outlook 2000 when I use OWA. The OWA shows my contacts when I click on contacts -- I can even email to a contact listed in my contacts. However, when I am in the inbox and wanted to forward or originate an email, it gives me access to a global contacts but not my Contacts -- even though it has a checkbox under Options to change the order of folders. Any suggestions? Thanks, in advance. TEN TEN <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am having a problem with Outlook 2000 when I use OWA. > The OWA shows my contacts when I click on cont...

Outlook to Outlook Express. Help!
I'm really at my wits end. When I left my old job they burned a cd for me of all my Outlook messages, contacts etc. but when I tried to load the .pst files on to my laptop at home I quickly found it I wasn't able to as I only have Outlook Express. I now live in another country and not able to ask my old IT dept for help. Does anyone know what can be done now? I've posted this question on a chat site before and the responses I receive always related to transferring OE files to Outlook. I am trying to go the other way i.e. converting Outlook files to be read on to Outlook ...

Exchange/outlook error
my setup 2 DC both Global Catalog, the DC with all the roles is an Exchange 2003 server. I installet a new Exchange 2003 on a new server and moved all mailbox, then i uninstallet the old Exchange. Then i movede all the roles to the other DC and ran dcpromo to demote the old DC/Exchange and removed it from the domain I then reinstalled the old server to a NEW DC and transfered all the roles to the NEW DC. This worked flawlessly for one week. Then I desided to demote the old dc but when i ran dcpromo on the OLD dc I immediately got the errors listet below: Every time i restart the Exchan...

Ayuuda de Outlook -Hila
Necesito ayuda sobre Outlook, soy nula en la materia, alguien me puede ayudar microsoft.public.outlook.es --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Beatriz asked: | Necesito ayuda sobre Outlook, soy nula en la materia, alguien me puede | ayudar ...

ACH Check Conversion at POS anybody doing this?
I am currently setting up Check verification or maybe we will use ACH check conversion. I would appreciate any advice or warnings from users who have tried and failed or tried and tried and tried and finally suceeded. We have been trying to get Positive and Abanco and Geti to get echeck verification running for 2 months still no luck. -- RMS 1.3, MSDE 3 Lanes, 5 Back Office Clients XP sp2 Server 2003 sp1 Domain Static IP ...

outlook 6!
I used Outlook for a few months trying to get used to it. My main email pgm was Outlook Express. On 10/9/05 I had to reformat my hard drive and tried to backup my Outlook files in a number of ways that seemed like they should work. The most prominent was displaying the email messages and copying them to another drive directly. Somehow everything I did didn't seem to work and I've been searching for about 3 full months of important work which I believe is on one of my drives but I can't seem to import it into Outlook Express or open it up. One file that looks very promising is an ...

worksheet change question 04-02-10
I want to be able to enter a time, using "." instead of ":", so that when I enter the number, then press "Enter", the number changes from, say, 13.27.33 to 13:27:33. But I am having to reselect the cell to get it to change. What is wrong with my code? Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Selection.Replace What:=".", Replacement:=":", LookAt:=xlPart, _ SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _ ReplaceFormat:=False Selection.NumberFormat = "h:mm:ss" End Su...

Conditional Formatting Question
Greetings! I am using Windows 7 and Excel 2007. In Column A I have numerous cells which contain a certain special "word": let's say the special word is QXT. (The cells contain other words, of course.) I selected the column, click on Conditional Formatting / Highlight Cell Rules / Text that Contains ... Then I typed in the "Format cells that contain the text:" QXT with "Light Red Fill with Dark Red Text" then I clicked OK. Now I would like to delete ONLY all the cells which are now Conditionally Formatted (with the red fill and dark red ...

Outlook 2003 #115
Outlook 2003 works ok when owner account is used but when I try using it on 2nd account I get the following messages then it closes. This 2nd account is the account I used to install an extension failed to intialize. can't open file: extend dat. The file may not exist, you may not have permission to open it, or it may be open in another program. Right- click the folder that contains the file, and then click properties to check your permissions for the folder. You don't have appropriate permission to perform this opperation. Unable to open your default e-mail folders. File as...

CRM 3.0 Desktop Client for Outlook problem
I've deployed the above to workstations on a domain using a GPO, however according to the application log, the installation fails with the error message, "User Cancelled Installation". Yet despite it failing, when I fire up outlook, the setup application for the desktop client is launched. During the checks, it reports the following issues Errors: * The user running setup is not a domain user * Microsoft outlook was not initialized. Please run outlook and configure your mail account * Setup failed to verify whether the microsoft CRM message store already exists Warning: * S...

Anybody had this problem??
Hi, Having a serious issue with Publisher 2002 and my HP Deskjet 5550. There has been no problems until I started pasting in some HI-Res pics from a mfgr. The pictures are CMYK. I guess normal pics are usually RGB. Anyway if I stick just one picture that is a CMYK color format into my document Publisher crashes when I give it the print command. I have to change the picture in Corel Photo-Paint to RGB. Then and only then will the page print out. Anybody know anything about this? Thanks if you do and take the time to tell me Catt J Send one of the pics to me. I have Pub 2002 and I have ...