A client was using RPC over HTTP to two different Exchange servers (OL
prompting for profile on startup).  Both profiles were set up to prompt for
credentials upon connection to Exchange.

There's now only one Outlook profile needed; the other is gone and OL isn't
prompting for the profile selection any longer, which is fine.

However, Outlook is remembering domain1\user and domain2\user in the login
dialog box, and I'd love to be able to get rid of the no-longer-valid
credential dropdown suggestion.

(The computer is not a member of a domain and hence always needs to be
prompted for credentials anyway - it's just confusing to the user that there
is more than one suggestion).

As ever, would be perfectly happy to find that I am missing something
obvious...any ideas?

0
lanwench (7567)

Have you tried using the arrow keys to navigate to, highlight and then delete
the incorrect one?

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> A client was using RPC over HTTP to two different Exchange servers (OL
> prompting for profile on startup).  Both profiles were set up to prompt for
> credentials upon connection to Exchange.
>
> There's now only one Outlook profile needed; the other is gone and OL isn't
> prompting for the profile selection any longer, which is fine.
>
> However, Outlook is remembering domain1\user and domain2\user in the login
> dialog box, and I'd love to be able to get rid of the no-longer-valid
> credential dropdown suggestion.
>
> (The computer is not a member of a domain and hence always needs to be
> prompted for credentials anyway - it's just confusing to the user that there
> is more than one suggestion).
>
> As ever, would be perfectly happy to find that I am missing something
> obvious...any ideas?

0
Mary1 (682)
1/4/2006 9:59:02 PM
Not possible in the Exchange logon prompt.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Mary asked:

| Have you tried using the arrow keys to navigate to, highlight and
| then delete the incorrect one?
|
| "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
|
|| A client was using RPC over HTTP to two different Exchange servers
|| (OL prompting for profile on startup).  Both profiles were set up to
|| prompt for credentials upon connection to Exchange.
|| There's now only one Outlook profile needed; the other is gone and
|| OL isn't prompting for the profile selection any longer, which is
|| fine.
|| However, Outlook is remembering domain1\user and domain2\user in the
|| login dialog box, and I'd love to be able to get rid of the
|| no-longer-valid credential dropdown suggestion.
|| (The computer is not a member of a domain and hence always needs to
|| be prompted for credentials anyway - it's just confusing to the user
|| that there is more than one suggestion).
|| As ever, would be perfectly happy to find that I am missing something
|| obvious...any ideas?

0
MillyS (3228)
1/5/2006 12:02:30 AM
Just a WAG, but have you tried deleting both profiles and just adding back
the one?  What is the proxy authentication settin in the RPC dialog window -
Basic or NTLM?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] asked:

| A client was using RPC over HTTP to two different Exchange servers (OL
| prompting for profile on startup).  Both profiles were set up to
| prompt for credentials upon connection to Exchange.
|
| There's now only one Outlook profile needed; the other is gone and OL
| isn't prompting for the profile selection any longer, which is fine.
|
| However, Outlook is remembering domain1\user and domain2\user in the
| login dialog box, and I'd love to be able to get rid of the
| no-longer-valid credential dropdown suggestion.
|
| (The computer is not a member of a domain and hence always needs to be
| prompted for credentials anyway - it's just confusing to the user
| that there is more than one suggestion).
|
| As ever, would be perfectly happy to find that I am missing something
| obvious...any ideas?

0
MillyS (3228)
1/5/2006 12:05:24 AM

In news:%23bB55uYEGHA.1424@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org>
typed:
> Just a WAG, but have you tried deleting both profiles and just adding
> back the one?  What is the proxy authentication settin in the RPC
> dialog window - Basic or NTLM?

Basic - it's not a domain member, and hence the user has a local account on
the machine. I'd delete/recreate the profile but this is a remote user who
never ever comes into the office (hence the standalone machine) and it will
take waaay to long to try this remotely. If NTLM will work regardless, I can
ask him to try it, but as that's a passthrough for domain credentials
(right?) I don't hold any hopes there. Thanks anyway - sounds like he may
just have to deal...

> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] asked:
>
>> A client was using RPC over HTTP to two different Exchange servers
>> (OL prompting for profile on startup).  Both profiles were set up to
>> prompt for credentials upon connection to Exchange.
>>
>> There's now only one Outlook profile needed; the other is gone and OL
>> isn't prompting for the profile selection any longer, which is fine.
>>
>> However, Outlook is remembering domain1\user and domain2\user in the
>> login dialog box, and I'd love to be able to get rid of the
>> no-longer-valid credential dropdown suggestion.
>>
>> (The computer is not a member of a domain and hence always needs to
>> be prompted for credentials anyway - it's just confusing to the user
>> that there is more than one suggestion).
>>
>> As ever, would be perfectly happy to find that I am missing something
>> obvious...any ideas?

0
lanwench (7567)

Contacts deleted Exchange 2000
I have windows 2003 server and Exchange 2000, the contact folder of one of the users is shared on the server, the problem is this user by mistake deleted the contacts from his workstation so deleted from the conatct folder in the server too. So is there any solution to get it back again. This user use XP pro and outlook 2003 but the deleted Items folder is empty too. Thanks in advance. S.Sam wrote: > I have windows 2003 server and Exchange 2000, the contact folder of > one of the users is shared on the server, the problem is this user by > mistake deleted the contacts from his wor...

How to get POS out of Evaluation Mode?
Both of my POS softwares are running in evaluation mode. When I log in a message pops up saying I'm operating on a license that is due to expire in September and therefore it is running in evaluation mode. How do I get POS out of evaluation mode and does it have anything to do with my license? Yes, it has something to do with your license. Insert the license dongle in POS register 1. "G E" wrote: > Both of my POS softwares are running in evaluation mode. When I log in a > message pops up saying I'm operating on a license that is due to expire in > Septemb...

How do I get started with Outlook?
I am trying to use outlook and I just can't get it to work. I put in an e-mail address and all that but whenever I go to send an e-mail it automatically goes to my outbox. What am I doing wrong? "LauraAshly" <LauraAshly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F311444-011A-4818-9252-1D35FE74CA08@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use outlook and I just can't get it to work. I put in an > e-mail address and all that but whenever I go to send an e-mail it > automatically goes to my outbox. What am I doing wrong? When you say "I put in an e-mai...

problem in making perticuler color transparent on an imaged dialog
HI frnds, I used below 3 line code to make perticuler color transparent on an imaged dialog in OnInitDiaolog(). its working fine but it makes not to work "C" file, which is been added to the project. if i remove these 3line code C file works if i keep these 3line code it makes my C file nowork. /////////////////////////////////////// HWND hWnd=GetSafeHwnd(); SetWindowLong(hWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE, GetWindowLong(hWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE) | WS_EX_LAYERED); SetLayeredWindowAttributes(hWnd,RGB(255,0,255),0,LWA_COLORKEY);//I have make pink color as transparent /////////////////////////// any ideas...

Auto Increment Lookup codes
I am curious if there is a way to customize data entry so that lookup codes are randomly (and obivously uniquely) generated for us. It could be as simple as creating GUIDS or using the row ID for the lookup code. I could use a bit of guidance on how to customize data entry in such a way. ...

Exchange Server 2007 Hub Transport errors
Good Morning everyone, I have an issue with trying to submit mail. When I draft a message and press send in OWA or via MAPI (Outlook 2003 & Outlook 2007), the message ends up in the DRAFTS folder. (NOT THE SENT ITEMS or the OUTBOX). When troubleshooting via the ExTA there is a reference to the MSExchangeTransport service not starting. When I attempt to start the service, it will start; however, it stops "on it's own" without any intervention. When I check the Event Viewer this is what I see: Source: MSExchangeTransport Category: Storage Event ID: 17002 Descri...

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

Help with custom search form
I have a search form that retrieves records in a subform based on criteria entered into unbound text boxes on the main/parent form. The subform is tied to a SQL recordset that contains a field called “Select”. The field’s datatype is Yes/No. On the main form I have a button called “View Selected” with the following code in the OnClick event: Private Sub cmdViewSelected_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdViewSelected_Click Dim i As Integer i = DCount("ProjectId", "ProjectTbl", "[Select] = " & True) If i = 0 Then MsgBox "No Record(s...

Removing unwanted "Auto Complete" addresses from the "To:" field?
There are many occasions when I send out "1 of" e-mails by typing out the recipient's address in the "To:" field. But then when I starting typing in another address which has the same first couple of letters, these addresses appear in the menu. How can I remove these obsolete names/addresses so they no longer appear in the choices? THANKS! Highlight & hit Delete on them when they appear in the dropdown "Pilgrim" <pilgrim2@nospam-myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:uu4W2kUbGHA.3524@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > There are many occasions when...

Exchange Global Rules
I have noticed that in Exchange 2003 OWA you can define rules that must be stored in Exchange because when you connect to the exchange server with Outlook the rules you defined in OWA are present. I am curious if a method exists for defining these rules on a global scale. An example of what I would like to do is as follows: My users receive certain pre-filter messages with an auto tag added to the subject line. Currently, some users have a local outlook rule that filters these emails to a predetermined folder in their personal inbox. In order for me to admin these I have to go to each users ...

Exchange 2003 and DPM2007
I use Exchange 2003 on server Windows 2003 32bit and DPM2007 on server Windows 2008R2. The replica of Storage group Storage Group on MyServer.MyDomain is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. You can recover data from existing recovery points, but new recovery points cannot be created until the replica is consistent. For SharePoint farm, recovery points will continue getting created with the databases that are consistent. To backup inconsistent databases, run...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

Should I Upgrade from 2000 to 2004 so I can use Pocket Money?
I currently use MS Money 2000 standard with no problems. I also have an iPaq 1945 that I'd like to use Pocket Money with, but can't since I'm using 2000 on the desktop. I have a paid copy of 2004 standard (came with new PC). Is it worth upgrading (converting the .mny file, having my bank 'upgrade' my profile to use online banking, etc.) to 2004 just so I can use Pocket Money and sync with my iPaq, which has Windows Mobile 2003? Any opinions? Is Pocket Money + desktop Money worth the hassle? Or, is Quicken + Pocket Quicken a better combination? I'd really l...

FS: Microsoft Digital Image Suite 9 (New in Box)
FS: Microsoft Digital Image Suite 9 (New in Box) I have for sale a new, still sealed in the box, Microsoft Digital Image Suite 9. Asking $60 + shipping. If you're interested, I can send you some JPG's of the package for your review. Thanks in advance! ...

How to select multiple sheets using macro
Hi, I want to select multiple sheets using macro in the runtime. I tried recording the action and it gave the following code: Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet2", "Sheet3")).Select Actually i want to copy all the sheets in the current workbook and move it to a new workbook.. Hence the next line would be: Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet2", "Sheet3")).copy.. which would copy the selected sheets to a new workbook.. Now the problem is, the sheet names mentioned in the code are fixed,, whereas i want to select the sheets dynamically in...

How to get list of namespces ?
How to get list of namespces that are declared in an element ? -- Best regards, Oleg Subachev subachev@ural.ru "Oleg Subachev" <oleg@urvb.ru> wrote in message news:OU4HcHWdEHA.2376@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How to get list of namespces that are declared in an element ? Given that you have first positioned yourself onto an XmlElement of an XmlDocument, one of the fastest ways is to grab an XPath- Navigator and enumerate the Namespace nodes that are present. XPathNavigator nav = myElement.CreateNavigator( ); if ( nav.MoveToFirstNamespace( ) ) do { ...

I can't get my letterhead to only appear on the first page of a l.
I can't get my letterhead to only appear on the first page of a letter. I have tried using "different first page", but the letterhead keeps deleting from the first page, but stays on the remainder of the pages. What am I doing wrong. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NumberingFrontMatter.htm (for 2003 and prior) or http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/front_matter_2007.htm for details on how to have different Headers and Footers, etc. in one document.Hope this helps DeanH "rlw" wrote: > I can't get my letterhead to only appear ...

A way to create sub-categories?

OnChange combo box
I am using the On Change event to peform actions when the value selected in a Combo box changes. However, if i select the value in the list which is the same as the current value for the combo box the On Change event still sees this as a change. How do i prevent this so that the On Change event only occurs if the value selected in the list is different from the current combo box value? Confused Slug wrote: >I am using the On Change event to peform actions when the value selected in a >Combo box changes. However, if i select the value in the list which is the >same a...

Exchange 2000 upgrade
I currently run an Exchange 2000 standard on a Windows 2000 standard server in a Windows 2000 mixed mode domain. The current Exchange server is also a DC and a GC server. I am preparing to upgrade to Exchange 2003 Ent with Windows 2003 standard server on a new box. This new box will have 4 GB RAM and 6 - 72 GB drives. We have about 75 mailboxes. I'm looking for advices on the following information: _ Step-by-Step upgrade instructions _ My Exchange server is in Mixed mode, is it necessary to change it to Native mode before I upgrade _ Does it matter if I move the mailboxes be...

Selecting and moving chart(s) within a worksheet using keyboard ke
Hi all, I have created some charts in a worksheet. I would like to be able to do the following if possible: 1. I have selected a chart (by clicking on the chart and handles appeared around the perimeter of the chart). What I would like to do is to be able to select the chart using keyboard short-cut and to move the chart around the worksheet also using keyboard keys rather than the mouse. At the moment I can only move it (a single chart) using the mouse. However strangely enough, if I select two or more charts (Shift+ Lt.Click) I am able to then use the arrow keys to move the chart. ...

Remove Cell Auto-Format (General) on Paste / Replace
Good morning all, Just curious if this is able to be done. I have a series o spreadsheets, all of them do different things, but the common factor i that I paste claim numbers into them. The problem is, Excel seems t think our claim numbers are dates. (Example. 2146/04 or 04/262 (different formats for different sections). Now, I have formatted AL cells on these spreadsheets as text. (Ctrl-A, Format-Cells-Text However, when pasting, Excel overrides whatever you've got, and choose it's own way to paste data. The other problem is with Find-Replace or Find-Replace All. A lot o the time, ...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

'Recently used file' list.
When I open Excel nine filenames appear on the RHS as 'recently used files' (this number was set via Tools/Options/General, of course). In the middle of this list are 3 no-longer-used files. Though the files themselves have been deleted their names remain in this list. Is there an easy way to remove those entries from that list, please? TIA, DB. There is an entry in the help file "Display or hide recently used workbooks on the File menu" which says uncheck the 'recently used files' checkbox, the click OK. Then, basically, start again. "DB.&...

Outlook 2003 Auto Completion
I have a user that is unable to get one of his contacts to stay in his "auto complete" list for sending email messages. I have checked the name in his address book. I found a discussion online about changing the registry to increase the number of names that auto complete will store. However, before I do that, can anyone please tell me how I find out the maximum number of names can be stored in the auto complete? Is there a default set at a certain number of names that will be retained? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do not want to mess with registry keys unless...