Any way to add contacts from sent messages in Outlook 2007?

Hi, is there any way to add contacts to the Outlook phonebook from
archived sent messages? I know there was a third party tool for
Outlook Express.
Thanks!

Open the message and right click on the recipient's email address. You will
get a pop-up menu and one of the options is to "Add to Outlook Contacts".

<diego.novilinguists@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, is there any way to add contacts to the Outlook phonebook from
> archived sent messages? I know there was a third party tool for
> Outlook Express.
> Thanks!

Outlook doesn't support it automatically but you can use other utilities
http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.asp

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

<diego.novilinguists@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, is there any way to add contacts to the Outlook phonebook from
> archived sent messages? I know there was a third party tool for
> Outlook Express.
> Thanks!

0
outlookmvp (5838)

outlook 2002 #233
installed is xp premium 2002. is this outlook compatible with Vista Basic?? -- vp Outlook pre 2003 is not fully compatible, outlookxp doesnt remember passwords in Vista "phat928" <phat928@msn.com> wrote in message news:C4B32A9D-FB86-4CEA-A6A1-34034905D503@microsoft.com... > installed is xp premium 2002. > is this outlook compatible with Vista Basic?? > -- > vp ...

trying to figure out a two way lookup to determine a value
I have a large spreadsheet that lists numerous customers. Each custtomer has a code for the service that we provide them and then has a price negotiated at the time of service. We are have set up a price list that gives the service code, in a vertical column and then has a range of dollar values for each service code (about 20 separate codes) ranging from $0 to $75 broken up in 5 grade (E,D,C,B, A) categories. The pricing is different ranges for each service code. What I need to do is have each customer line, take their code, find a match in the Price LIst code, the take the price they are pa...

Contact import explosion
I'm running Outlook 2K3 with the installed client on a XP pro laptop, back office is running CRM 1.2 on a 2K3 box with SQL 2000 SP3a. When I start to import the contact db. into CRM via Outlook I recieve a message that wants me to report to Microsoft why Outlook has crashed. I've tried to run this close to 20 times, same response. My alternative was to export the db. to Excel but upon importing into via the "a file" choice, my fields are inconsistant. Can some one suggest a solution ...

Any way to count cells contining one, or more STRIKETHROUGHS?
Hi, I'm using XL2002 and am looking to count the number of cells in a column that have words struck out. In my case all the words in each cell are either all struck out, or none are struck out. First I can't figure out what character a strikethrough is, anyone know? And I can't get the CODE because excel will only return the code for the first character in a cell, which is nothing when there is nothing in the cell, even if you pre-select strikethrough from format cells. In the end I'm looking to make an array formula that will tell me how many cells have a strikethrough AND ...

Copying contacts?
Hi I am trying to copy my Contacts to an other PC using flash memory. For some reason no success? I seam to copy a lot extra on top of Contacts and therefore cannot proceede to the end of the .pst import wizard. Are there instructions to do that? Thanks Kalevi Yes. Never export or import. Copy the Contacts into a PST file. Open that PST file in the other installation. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Kalevi" <kale@woodworld.fi> wrote in message news:dpakkj$aru$1@nyytiset.pp.htv.fi... > Hi > I am trying to copy my Contacts to an other PC using flash memory. For &...

Any way to Paste without Relative reposition?
I often want to copy and paste a block of cells, but still have their references point to the same cells as the original copied block. By default, Excel changes all the references by the position change of the copy block. For example if I copy a column of cells A that refers column M on another worksheet, and paste it 3 columns to the right in column D, all its references will now refer column P on that other worksheet. What if I still want them to refer to column M? I know I can do this one cell at a time by selecting the formula text in the cell and pasting that, but if I have a larg...

Get at messages in queue
Is it possible to get at the undeliverable messages that are held in a queue (eg to check the message body or redirect undeliverable messages). I would like to be able to selectively forward them to an alternate email address or to archive them to a PST etc rather than just deleting them? Thanks Alan ...

Is there a way to turn off the prompts of a make table query?
I merely want to update the table to be used as an export to Excel using TransferSpreadsheet. Each time it prompts for deleting old records and adding new records. Is there a was to turn off the prompts? Bottom line - I want to create an Macro to export the output of a query to an Excel spreadsheet. BobC, DoCmd.SetWarnings False 'Off Your TransferSpreadsheet line here DoCmd.SetWarnings True 'On -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "...

Import Contacts
A friend is trying to import her Contacts from Gmail, can anyone tell me how she can do this? TIA Basically: export contacts from Gmail using the CSV option, then import that file into Windows Mail contacts. See http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=3Den&answer=3D24911 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "B.W." <bbwaller@hotmail.comxxx> wrote in message = news:A4732B72-708A-495B-B8B4-6E1E41A3A492@microsoft.com... >A friend is trying to import her Contacts from Gmail, can ...

Offline way to find Wifi Hotspots with Microsoft applications
We publish a monthly database that runs on laptops, PDAs, and smartphones and includes the location of thousands of WiFI Hotspots. its free, its updated monthly and we also include tips on more effective use of wifi in each month's update www.riverwalkmobile.com ...

Add Sub-Contractor Module to GP Project Accounting
Hi, Please treat this suggession as a important requirement. We are facing the problem with PA module of Dynamics GP. Because it doesn't have one of the important module i.e. Sub-Contractor module which is essential in Cunstruction industry. Hope this suggestion will help me and other partners ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microso...

pop up window and sound on deleting a message
How can I stop the pop up the window and sound when you delete a message in windows mail?? It wasn't doing it yesterday when I synchronised email address' with windows mail ... It is a problem as if you receive a lot of messages there are a lot that you have to delete and I do not get this on gmail or hotmail .... another question is: I don't get a popup or sound when I delete messages. Exactly how are you deleting the messages? Are you deleting from the Inbox? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com...

Outlook 2003 using too much CPU on Vista
Outlook 2003 on Vista constantly uses 40%+ of the CPU. What is it doing? Didn't do this on XP. Also, when I close it it doesn't completely shut down. I usually have to kill it after 5 or 10 mins. I have a dual-core cpu running at 1.9 GHz. -- Don Gollahon Do you have any addins installed Are you using any applications that access outlook data? (including syncing with a pda) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ ...

ADC
we are migrating from 5.5 to 2003. The new 2003 org is new - not the same as the 5.5 and all our addresses are changing as well. We did a one way 5.5>E2K3 once, now management wants a two way as we begin to move more and more people. I've manually been putting CR's in 5.5. What are the pitfalls and issues that I may face with a 2 way. Nancy Stevens Nstevens@tycoint.com "Nancy Stevens" <nstevens@tycoint.com> wrote: >we are migrating from 5.5 to 2003. The new 2003 org is new - not the same >as the 5.5 and all our addresses are changing as well. W...

Error Message, what does this mean?
Every time I open Outlook (2003) I get a box - Fatal Error Can not clean temporary directory I click on OK and from then on, everything works just fine. I just started getting this. Haven't installed anything new. The only thing that is different from when I was NOT getting this, is that I was away for a long weekend so away from my broadband. I was using dialup instead (connected via dialup and THEN opened Outlook and did send/receive, so didn't have to change any Outlook settings). When I got back home, back to broadband, this is when this error started happening. So, what temporar...

MS Exchange External Contact Messages being Bounced
Greetings - I am working on a problem with a newly installed MS Exchange 2003 server. We just migrated from Novell to Microsoft. We have about 50 Salespeople in our organization that are set-up as external contacts and we want to be able to have external contacts use salesrep@ourdomain.com and have that resolve to salesrep@isp.com. The error mesage below is what is recieved when we try this. ***error message*** From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 8:35 AM To: salesrep@ourdomain.com Subject: Undeliverable:test 834am 1004 Your message did not reach some or all of ...

Long delay switching from design mode to report view in Acc 2007, but not in Acc 2000
Dear Group, I have a 200 page report with 3 short subtables (1 master record per page). When I switch from design to page view (sorry, maybe badly translated from German) in Access 2000, the switch needs 2 seconds. When I do the same in Access 2007, I see the hourglass for more than a minute. It looks like Access 2007 preformats the whole report before it can be paged. As suggested in other messages, I have removed the "page from total pages" on the report, but this did not reduce the dead time. All tables are nicely indexed, queries are VERY fast. Is there an options in Acc...

I need to know if there is a way to divide a cell
I need to know if there is a way to divide a cell and still be able to input data in both halves or how to resize the cell so I can make it two cell close together without resizeing the surrounding cells. -- Thanks and may God Bless, kdwwattn You can't split a cell but you can have multiple lines in a cell (text Alt-Enter more text). Requires more height to view it (obv.) You can merge cells (I wouldn't advise it, but that's just me!). -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "kdwwattn" <kdwwattn@discussions.microso...

word 2007- not saving files- does not bring up save box
Can't save any doc/docx when you try to save either save /saveas or ctrl s nothing happens and word crashes. Think it may have something to do with auto recovery of files? I have tried to change the normal.doc also but nothing seems to work. any thoughts greatly appreciated? Would it be simplest to reinstall? Thanks That's a symptom of a Word Data Key corruption - usually because Word has been running when updates are installed. Run Regedit and expand by double-clicking to the key below. With DATA selected, press DELETE. Word will automatically recreate a new key w...

Outlook XP synchronization error 0x8004011D
Any help?? ...

Oultook 2007 fails to connect using outlook anywhere
From a remote office connected to the Internet, using Win XP and Outlook 2007 I cannot connect to the sbs2003 exchange server at head office using Outlook Anywhere. With another laptop (also on Win XP and Outlook 2007) I can. Process to date: 1. Laptop A & B use Win XP and Outlook 2007 2. Both on the same wireless Internet connection 3. Both can connect to the Internet OK 4. Both can connect using VPN 5. Both use exactly the same Outlook Anywhere account settings (https://mail.ourdomain.co.uk, Basic Authentication etc...) 6. A connects straight away, B does not 7. Both u...

Fastest way to move lots of data between databases on same server.
I need to move 100 Million rows of data from a table in one SQL 08 DB to another database on the same server. What is the fastest way to do this? - Insert Into in one big query - Multiple Insert Into statements looping through xxxx number of rows at a time to "batch" it up -bcp -BULK INSERT -SSIS According to most documentation bcp/Bulk Insert is the fastest way to load lots of data into SQL Server, but is that true even if the data source is another sql server db on the same server? Seems like that would be slower since you have to go to an intermediate text fil...

CRM 3.0 Fax
I just can't believe that the professional version running on server 2003 (which can fax) is not able to fax blast. I can't accept the notion that Microsoft would limit professional users from a basic tool when having to spend more on both the software and server. What are we missing? Can someone tell me if this is just a brutal oversight, or what needs to be done to have the pro edition record faxes sent using the 2003 server? Thanks for your help. Yours truly, Professionally Confused at why I paid more for less functionality... Been a while since I worked with fax solutio...

Contact List 12-06-09
Is it possible to create a shortcut to the contact list contained within WLM? Would like to access the contact list without logging into WLM client. Sorry, Windows Live Mail has to be open in order to access WLM contacts on your desktop. Alternatively, if you normally sign in with a Live ID, the contacts are also available on the web at http://contacts.live.com. (without WLM needing to be open). --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Colorado Pete" <ColoradoPete@discussions.microsoft.com&...

How can you get your aol mail sent directly to your outlook
I'm trying to sent up my computer so that my emails go from aol to my outlook 2003. If you have any suggestions please let me know. Thank You! http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010936921033.aspx "Christine" <Christine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F554016-3DAC-4304-9D69-5E86619B4534@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to sent up my computer so that my emails go from aol to my > outlook > 2003. If you have any suggestions please let me know. > Thank You! ...