antivirus

I use both outlook express and microsoft outlook as
mailprogram. I have MacAfee Antivirusprogram installed it
works just fine but only for outlook not in outlook
express. How come? is it possible to have the
antivirusprogram searching for viruses in both programs?
0
anonymous (74723)

Check with McAfee support....

M�rit wrote:
> I use both outlook express and microsoft outlook as
> mailprogram. I have MacAfee Antivirusprogram installed it
> works just fine but only for outlook not in outlook
> express. How come? is it possible to have the
> antivirusprogram searching for viruses in both programs?

0
lanwench (7567)

Norton Antivirus Pro 2004 and Oulook 2003
I am using Outlook 2003 with NAV 2004 Pro. I don't get the popup from NAV that the OUTGOING message is being scanned. Is anyone else experiencing this and/or know how to fix it. I have set NAV to do this, but I cannot see the scanning outgoing message popup. Therefore, I don't know whether the messages are in fact being scanned. Symantec, in my opinion, is just terrible with support. Can't reach anyone by phone. Love to hear what you have to say. Thanks. Sociologo wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 with NAV 2004 Pro. I don't get the popup > from NAV that the OUT...

Symantec Antivirus Add-in
I keep getting an error message at startup saying that a Symantec Antivirus DLL can't be found, and that the add-in has been disabled. I upgraded to Norton 360 some time ago and there is no such add-in or directory on my computer. Can someone tell me how to unload this add-in? I've searched the registry and file system but can't see anything. Thanks in advance! Search the symantec/Norton knowledge base for the answer - it is not related to OUtlook. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS po...

Antivirus Free Download
Antivirus recognized a free download to your computer, who knows Microsoft recommends at: http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/ Content Site Links: http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/ http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/2010/01/what-is-antivirus.html http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/2010/01/free-download-antivirus-recommended-by.html http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/2010/01/antivirus-objectives.html http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/2010/01/antivirus-functions.h...

antivirus
how can I make sure that my antivirus bitdefender is working properly with windows live mail robertoiglesias <robertoiglesias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how can I make sure that my antivirus bitdefender is working properly with > windows live mail That is a Windows product, you posted to the Office for Macintosh newsgroup. I suggest you contact the software vendor as it's up to them to provide compatibility with Hotmail (if possible), not the other way around. -- Adam Bailey | Chicago, Illinois adamb@lull.org | Finger/Web for PGP & S/MIME adamkb@aol.com | ...

antivirus
I use both outlook express and microsoft outlook as mailprogram. I have MacAfee Antivirusprogram installed it works just fine but only for outlook not in outlook express. How come? is it possible to have the antivirusprogram searching for viruses in both programs? Check with McAfee support.... M�rit wrote: > I use both outlook express and microsoft outlook as > mailprogram. I have MacAfee Antivirusprogram installed it > works just fine but only for outlook not in outlook > express. How come? is it possible to have the > antivirusprogram searching for viruses in both progra...

Symantec Antivirus Corp Edition 9.0 & SMSE 4.5
I'm running Symantec Corp Edition 9.0 for file level protection and SMSE 4.5 for exchange. I know I have to exclude the Exchange folders under Symantec Corp Edition 9.0. Do I have to Enable or Disable Microsoft Exchange Auto Protect in 9.0? (Under Configure, Microsoft Exchange Auto-protect)? You would want to enable this so that Symantec will scan any message that comes through your Exchange client (Outlook). If someone sets up internet mail through Outlook you will be protected. Look at the Help that comes with the client and it will explain when you might not want to set this. &q...

Antivirus problem
When I open Outlook 2002 and then open the preview pane to view a message, I get a popup window from Outlook that reads as follows: ...The add-in "C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec Antivirus..." could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu. Unable to load "C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Securit...". You may be out of memory, out of system resources, or missing a .dll file. [then comes an okay button].. I have Symantec SystemWorks 2003 installed, which includes AntiVirus. When I hit Okay,...

AntiVirus
How do you turn on the ability for your virus scanner to delete messages in the IS? I cannot find this anywhere! Help! PJ Bimonte MCP/MCSA/MCSE What AV are you using? "Patrick J. Bimonte" <phinhead54@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eL0D4werDHA.2480@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How do you turn on the ability for your virus scanner to delete messages in > the IS? I cannot find this anywhere! > > Help! > > PJ Bimonte MCP/MCSA/MCSE > > Sophos MailMonitor Rereading, I should have explained better. I am getting an event log entry in the Applicatio...

Antivirus and Exchange
Hi all, which is the best antivirus application to scan exchange folders? what about you experiences about? Tnx in advance! The two products that are routinely recommended in the Exchange world are Trend ScanMail and Sybari Antigen. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Superataru" <Superataru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:415AA639-4370-4CB3-986E-7A314134BC28@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > which is the best antivirus application to scan exchange folders? > what about you experiences ab...

Norton Antivirus
I am trying to install Money 2004 and I keep getting this message that Money has detected that I have Norton Antivirus installed on my computer and it may cause portions of Money to not function properly. How do I install it so they both can work properly. Disable Norton Install Money 2004 Re-start Norton you might like to disconnect from the internet whilst Norton is disabled. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to install Money 2004 and I keep getting this >message that Money has detected that I have Norton >Antivirus installed on my computer and it may cause >...

AntiVirus Guide-free download antivirus
AntiVirus guide,tips to handle computer viruses,latest updates,solutions,and more.. www.antivirus-finder.blogspot.com ...

Exchange Antivirus
We have an Exchange 2k3 Cluster with Trend Scan Mail installed. If we have ScanMail for Exchange installed is it necessary to have ServerProtect as well? Of course, Trend recommends it, however there are quite a few issues that microsoft article kb245822 refers to as well as Trend themselves. I'm interested in hearing some feedback as to what other do/ experience with this. Thanks! "You can install file-based scanning antivirus software on an Exchange computer. However, never run scanning against the program and database files of an Exchange computer. In addition, never run ...

Free Antivirus: http://antivirus-gratis-descarga.blogspot.com
Many computer problems are caused by viruses and malware on your computer. The best and easiest way to correct this is to use a recognized antivirus and keep it updated. Antivirus free download at: http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/ Links Web Content: http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/ http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/ http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/2010/01/httpyourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.html http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/2010/01/what-is-antivirus.html http...

Sophos antivirus
I've been having lots of trouble with Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security, which was the antivirus software consensus choice in this newsgroup back when it was Clent/Server/Messaging Security. I think that it may be a dog that had its day. Someone was touting Sophos on the Trend Micro bulletin board. I'd like to install that on a test server to see if I like it any better. Which product should I try for SBS and does anyone have any opinions about it? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02BF_01CAA718.FCBE15D0 Content-Ty...

Cannot download any antivirus
My system is infected with virus and keep getting strange window error messages. Also none of the anti viruses are downloading. pls help. -- khaitanenterprises ------------------------------------------------------------------------ khaitanenterprises's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162753.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1282512.htm http://forums.techarena.in khaitanenterprises wrote: > My system is infected with virus and keep getting strange window error > messages. Also none of the anti viruses are downloading...

Antivirus SMTP Gateway
I currently use SMS for SMTP (Symantec Mail Security for SMTP) version 4.1.11.41. It's a standalone SMTP server with antivirus/spam filtering. This server sits in the DMZ and processes all inbound/outbound email before they hit Exchange server. I'm considering a different product. Does anyone know any good SMTP gateway, antivirus/spam filtering? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. Ironport, Barracuda, GFI Mail Essentials for SMTP/Exchange, (Symantec) Brightmail... also consider services like Postini... -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: ...

Antivirus recomendations??
Need to rid myself of NAV on my XP machine. Installed latest version in April & have had numerous boot up & other errors ever since. Am thinking of Avast or AVG as a replacement along w\ Spybot. Any pro's or con's on these or on some others that should look in to. Thanks in advance dc Why not just use MSE? "doncee" <nopsamdbc9814@nospamswbell.wanted> wrote in message news:Xns9DA361B9E4A39nospamdbc9814nospam@216.196.97.131... > Need to rid myself of NAV on my XP machine. Installed latest version in > April & have had numerous boot up &...

Antivirus solution?
I'm sure everyone's got their own opinion about this, but... Our Trend Micro subscription runs out next month and I'm considering a cheaper alternative. We're running SBS2003 which has Exchange 2003 and we have 68 client computers on the network--40 of them being on one classroom that the students use. I was considering Microsoft's Security Essentials since it's free, but I still need something that will work with Exchange. I haven't checked the pricing on Forefront because it only works with Exchange 2007 or higher. Does anyone have any free or cheap...

antivirus installation
Dear all, I have problems with the installation of an antivirus program (in WINDOWS XP). I have tried various programs from http://download.cnet.com/windows/antivirus-software/?tag=mncol%3Bsort... but nothing works properly. For example after the installation of avast! I get the following message: "The avast! antivirus program has been stopped, or is in an inconsistent state". Thanks in advance for any advice. Dimitris Anagnostou Hello dimitris, See my reply to: microsoft.public.windows.server.networking and please avoid multiposting, better use cross...

Norton Antivirus
Have removed V8 Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition from my Windows XP Professional Machine. When I enter Outlook 2002 I get the annoying message The add-in "C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec Antivirus..."could not be found. Problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair. I have tried this as well as removed all the entries directed ny Symantec from my registry as well as their program. I still receive the annoying message upon opening Outlook 2002. Any help would be appreciated, Also is there a way to uninstall Outlook 2002 and reinstall it. Maybe that...

Antivirus Free Download
Antivirus recognized a free download to your computer, who knows Microsoft recommends at: http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/ Content Site Links: http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/ http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/2010/01/what-is-antivirus.html http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/2010/01/free-download-antivirus-recommended-by.html http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/2010/01/antivirus-objectives.html http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/2010/01/antivirus-functions.h...

CRM 3.0 antivirus and performance
We have an install where CRM 3.0 and Mcaffee Enterprise 8.0 antivirus is installed. When antivirus is disabled CRM performs noticeably faster. We tried to disable javascript scanning and scanning of CRM folders but that doesn't seem to help. CRM uses Temporary internet files and we can see in the on access scanner that it takes time to scan here. The customer won't accept not scanning temporary internet files. Is there a way to make CRM use another folder or minimize use of this folder. Are there any performance tweaks to use in CRM for Outlook to make it start faster so that the ...

Antivirus on Dynamics
Hi! I have MS Dynamics 9.0 with SP-2 installed on SQL 2005 Std SP-2 64bit running on Windows 2003 SP-2 Std Server 64bit. I have installed Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition v10 unmanaged client on this server. Can anybody tell me please what files should i exclude to prevent slowness and problems for the whole system? Thanks! Hi Create_share I would exclude everything GP related and everything SQL related. Some of the GP files get modified when users acces them, exspecially if you have centralized reports and the SQL logs and data files are always changing. Fliehigh "creat...

Question about antivirus for Exchange 2003
I currently use Mcafee groupshield for exchange 5.5 and while it does block infected attachments, it still sends the email message to the user which generates alot of complaints. I am ugrading to Exchange 2003 and this time I want to get something that is a little more flexible and can block not only the attachment, but the message too. I will look into the latest Mcafee solution, but wanted to hear about the experiences of others on this NG. Thanks NH Hi Ned, I'm using McAfee GroupShield for Exchange 2003. For your information, the software still behave exactly as you mentioned in...

McAfee Antivirus
I have downloaded McAfee Antivirus and it works great but now I can only send emails but not receive them. Any suggestions? McAfee said I should contact Outlook, so they are of no help. Thank you! What error do you get when you try? You can safely disable the McAfee integration with Outlook. There is no way that virusses can be executed automatically when working with Outlook 2002 and 2003 or applied the updates for Outlook 2000 and previous version. Even when you open a virus infected e-mail by mistake the on access scanner of McAfee will kick in. Basically the mail scanner is ju...