Another application trying to access Address book!

Whe I go to send a new mesage in Outlook (XP w/all the
latest patches and service packs) a notification screen
comes up and says that anther application is trying to
access my address book. It gives me the option to stop or
allow for various amounts of time. I have a current
version of Anti virus on my PC and it come back clean
when I do a scan. This seem to start after I installed
Adobe Acrobat. Soes anybody have any info on this. Or is
there a way to find out what application is trying to
access the address book.
0
anonymous (74722)

Do you have Word as the default email editor in Outlook? If so you can
either disable Word as the email editor or check out this link for other
solutions

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm

"Murphy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whe I go to send a new mesage in Outlook (XP w/all the
> latest patches and service packs) a notification screen
> comes up and says that anther application is trying to
> access my address book. It gives me the option to stop or
> allow for various amounts of time. I have a current
> version of Anti virus on my PC and it come back clean
> when I do a scan. This seem to start after I installed
> Adobe Acrobat. Soes anybody have any info on this. Or is
> there a way to find out what application is trying to
> access the address book.

0
Megan

matching a column of numbers to another in another spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet of shortpayment amounts and their invoice numbers on one spreadsheet with a column of credit amounts with their invoice numbers on another spreadsheet. I need to match the credits written with the shortpayments. kinda like this spreadsheet 1 spreadsheet 2 inv # amount date Credit # Amount Date 122334 15.00 11-25-09 675555 15.00 12-10-09 223345 22.00 10-20-09 754444 22.00 111-25-09 naturally...

Accessing OWA 2003 from Japanese language clients?
Is there anything "special" required to allow clients running XP SP2 (Japanese language version), to access and use OWA 2003 SP2 (English language version)? Do I need to install additional language support and if so, how would I go about doing this? All help is appreciated! Open Exchange System Manager- go to properties of that server and go to the Locales tab. Add the Japanese language and save settings. (this requires a restart of E2k3 services- but if you still need to install the languages on the Windows Server wait until reboot.) Now open the control panel of the ...

Creating column content based on another column's keyword(s) #2
Max, That scriptlet was very useful, and easily tweakable to work in myria applications. Thx! -K -- KHashmi31 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KHashmi316's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1043 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27348 Glad to hear that ! Thanks for posting back -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "KHashmi316" <KHashmi316.1evevz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:KHashmi316.1e...

Conversion to Access Project- currentdb
Hi, How is everyone today? I am in the process of converting an Access database to an Access Project. The data sits in a SQL server database while reports/queries/forms remain in Access. I had: Option Compare Database Option Explicit Public Sub Command20_Click() Dim db As Database Set db = CurrentDb() but changed this to: Option Compare Database Option Explicit Public Sub Command20_Click() Dim db As ADODB.Connection Set db = CurrentProject.Connection which works ok. Now later in the code I have: Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim db As ADODB.Connection which gives me the fol...

Grabbing a number from another cell on another worksheet
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with a number of different worksheets. All I want to do is if I enter a number into a cell on the 2nd worksheet for example, I want it to automatically show in a specific cell on the first worksheet. So a simple copy and paste but for excel to automatically do it for me! it seems like something so easy that I just cant figure out how to do. Try this... Do this once. Select the cell on the 2nd sheet Right click>Copy Navigate to the other sheet and select the cell where you want the value to appear. Right click>Paste Special>Paste Lin...

Acessing function with a DLL which has be loaded from another dll
I have A.dll and B.dll. Assume that A.dll has following functions: A1() A2() Assume that B.dll has following functions: B1() B2() I am loading B.dll from function A1() in A.dll.After Loading B.dll i make a call to B1().After executing the call the function returns to beginning of A2.dll. why is this so? Define "begining". The word tends to make no sense in this context. What you seem to be saying is that you have void A1() { HANDLE h = ::LoadLibrary(_T("B.DLL")); ...test for h==NULL, deal with error typedef void (*B1)() B1Proc; B1Proc B1; ...

Outlook tries to access my floppy
I just formatted and reinstalled XP Pro. Also installed Office Ultimate 2007. When I start up Outlook my floppy drive runs intermediately for about one second. It makes that noise like when you try to access it and it is empty. Any ideas why it is doing this? Thanks Pick your poison: http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=3DLCID%3D1033&sp= id=3D928&query=3Daccess+floppy+disk&adv=3D=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted wit...

Populate data in cell by looking at another cells data
Hi Everyone, Hope I find you well. I'm not even sure how to go about this, so I hope that someone can shed some light. I have a serial number in one cell eg '80199DD270238' where 'DD' is code for another value, in this case 'DD' = 'BLUE'. How can I automatically populate a cell with the value 'BLUE' by looking at the serial number. Many thanks for any help you can provide. Best Regards Gazza Hi if the characters are alsways at the same place use =IF(MID(A1,6,2)="DD","Blue","other color") if they could be at ...

how to workaround ...trying to automatically send e-mail
For quite some time I've been using the peace of code, which I've cut short to the essential part, from within Access to send e-mails. Until today everything as run smoothly, but since XP has been installed Outlook is always replying with: Security message "...trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf the same goes for the command docmd. SendObject. Since I use both ways to send large numbers of e-mails per day I'm getting desperate. Is there a way, programmatically, to workaround the security message, i.e., saying to Outlook that the messages are genuine...

VBA Excel Application on the Web
I have an EXCEL financial application written in VBA that I would like to publish on the web. Does anyone know a product or way to do this -- and how to protect it from hackers??!! I don't know anything about publishing to the web, but if you're code is written in VBA, then the only way to protect it from hackers is to keep it private. Excel's protection (even project protection) is very weak. You could keep many (most?) out of the project by: (within the VBE) tools|VBAProject Properties|Protection tab (but it won't stop anyone who really cares.) lancish wrote: > >...

Sum dependant on '1' value in another column
Hi, Let's say I have a '1' or nothing in column 'L' and a time in seconds in column 'B'. The '1' means the time is a legitimate one. Can I do a sum of all the 'legitimate' times in column 'B' based on whether there is a corresponding '1' in column 'L'? Is there a formula that will allow me to do that? Sorry for the ignorance of the question but it is late and I am struggling to make this spreadsheet work for me. Thanks in advance, Dave Hi DL, Look at the SUMIF function in Excel help. Try: =SUMIF(L1:L10...

No more fonts maybe applied to this work book, Why????
I get this message when I want to change the colour of a font . I don't understand why . " No more fonts maybe applied to this work book" ...

If Statements in Access
Hello I am currently using the following IF statement in Excel however i will need to convert it so that it will work for me in Access =IF(Expiry Date<>"",IF(Expiry Date <Todays Date,"Cease Working ",IF(todays date> Expiry Date -60,"Submit New Application"," ")),"") Can someone please help Thanks Longbeach LongBeach, I take it you're updating a text control with text according to the value of [Expiry Date] vs. the current system Date... And, you don't need the If [Expiry Date] <> "". If it's...

Converting MFC application into a C++ application with MFC support.
I need to convert an MFC Windows application into a simple C++ application (with MFC support). By the way, the reason is because I want to convert it into a dll later. Can someone advise how to do it? Regards Sam If you have a MFC app, its already a C++ app with MFC support. What does it mean that you wantt to "convert" it? ------------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com I need to convert it into adll. I know how to do it to C program. In this case WinMain is converted to DllMain and there are some other simple steps and thats it. What do I do in this case of MFC application? ...

is it possible to execute write to the fields in another .xsl form a macro in another .xsl? e.g. some way to load another .xsl into an .xsl macro and write to its data? #2
is it possible to execute write to the fields in another .xsl form a macro in another .xsl? e.g. some way to load another .xsl into an .xsl macro and write to its data? ...

accessing outlook web access exchange sever with outlook 2002
I have one email account we use that accessed through a microsoft outlook web access exchange server. I am trying to set up outlook 2002 to access this account is it possible to set this up as an additional email account and how do i do it Are you on a local LAN with that Exchange server or accessing it remotely? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Ronald Swasey" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Can't get Internet "Address" for web access
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 from 2000, and updated. All installs work except I can't view internet explorer 'Address" section to connect to the internet via Outlook 2003. How do I find this? Thanks, RES RES <RES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 from 2000, and updated. All > installs work except I can't view internet explorer 'Address" section > to connect to the internet via Outlook 2003. I don't see how the Internet Explorer address field has anything to do with Outlook. Can you explain in de...

Error Message in IE8 "Sysfader : iexplore.exe Application Error"
Hi, I've suddenly started getting an error in Internet Explorer 8 when I view certain web pages (including the "new tab page"!!!) I don't have to click on anything, just open up the webpage. The error is : Sysfader : iexplore.exe Application Error The instruction at "0x3dc29edc" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read" I've tried switching off all visual effects in Windows, and running Internet Explorer with no Add-ons, but still get the same error. I've scanned for viruses and malware and have fo...

Automatic Link to another workbook
I have a workbook created that, every time I open it, I get the question: Do you want to update the automatic link to data in another workbook? I didn't consciously set up a link and I don't want to get this message. How do I find this link and break it so I will not continue to get this message? Any help is appreciated. Close any other Excel workbooks you have open and do a "Find" for :\ (colon backslash). If you have several worksheets in your workbook, ask Excel to search the entire workbook by selecting find within "Workbook" instead of "Sheet&quo...

Installing Web Componets broke my data access page connections
I have setup data access pages and they work fine for over a year. I've just got a new PC, and when I went to edit the pages the connection is lost. I can not even view the pages. I'm now using IE 7. Is that the problem? The computer out of the box connected fine and I was able to edit and view pages, but after installing the Web Componets/IE 7 seems to be when it decided I could not edit them anymore. I've since un-installed web componets but still no luck. I can not view edit create data access pages. We rely heavily on these in my workplace, and I could really use an answ...

Import Excel to Access Question
Hi, I need some help on importing data from Excel to Access. The Excel spreadsheet has the same columns, i.e. Date, Description. The problem I am having is that each spreadsheet that will be imported will have some of the same engine numbers, and some new engine number information in the spreadsheet, which is first entered into the DB table. Can Access import different info into the spreadsheet each time if it's in the same table? For example, the table has info Date, Description, A, B, C. The spreadsheet has columns Date, Description, A, E, S. Also, when importing info from an Excel...

Copying from one ListControl to Another...
Hello everyone, I have been studying how List Controls work, and now I have two List Controls, A and B. Both of the list controls are in Report_View and they both have the same # of columns. What I would like to do is copy each entry of A into B. I use CListCtrl::GetItem(..) to get the item, and I use CListCtrl::InsertItem(..) to insert the item into B. However, this is not working. It is only inserting the first subitem. Is it possible to copy the entire item i.e, subitems 0-2 from CListCtrl A into CListCtrl B? Thanks ...

import address book outlook express
Hi, I'm trying to switch from OExpress to Outlook 2002. I went through the import process for hte address book. It's not working. I would like to import my email addresses from OE to my PERSONAL ADDRESS BOOK in Outlook...it shows the import process (percentage transported) - but then no addresses end up showing up in my address book. Any ideas? Thanks. HAD <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, I'm trying to switch from OExpress to Outlook 2002. > I went through the import process for hte address book. > It's not working. I would like to...

How to ensure custom Excel application's latest version?
I have written a custom VBA Excel application that works as a report writer. The app uses SQL and MDX to build a local Excel report book using custom menu options. I currently have the application loaded on each client computer which, as the application's visibility has increased, is now unmanageable. I am looking for a recommendation to maintain the current version of the custom application across the enterprise. I am about to implement a table in SQL Server which contains the name of each custom application and its current version. On opening, each custom application would check its...

How can protect my work book.
I want to password protect a workbook in excel. How can I do it? Thanks in advance. Tools|Options|Securit You can set a password to open the file and a password to edit the file tj ...