Another Accounts Question.

I have an Accounts problem I don't understand and have no clue where to
begin to solve it. I'm using Outlook 2000 from the Microsoft Office Pro
Suite, Internet Only, on XP.

Since I am a Listowner several times over I have fashioned five different
Outlook Accounts to my single broadband ISP e-mail address. All are working
well. My ISP e-mail address is listed as the default. When I send a personal
e-mail I just hit Send and Send and Receive and out my e-mail goes with my
personal address in the header. If I'm sending in the name of a Listgroup I
use Send Using, pick the right address from the list, which has my personal
as a default at the top, and out the e-mail goes, correctly labeled.

Here's the problem. When I REPLY to an e-mail and bring up the Send Using
list, another address other than my default is at the top. It's the same one
every time. If I select an address to send from, the one I choose is
correctly identified in the outgoing header. The trouble is when I forget to
select my personal address (the default one) from the Send Using list, as I
do by hitting Send when I finish an answer to a personal e-mail, I get
another of my e-mail addresses in the header - not the default. It's the
same one, every time.

How do I change the order of e-mail addresses in my Send Using accounts list
WHEN USE "REPLY," so my default comes up first? If you've stayed with me
this long let me say thank you very much - and thanks for any suggestion you
might have. Regards, Denzil.

0
hathway (39)

Denzil Hathway <hathway@cox.net> wrote:

> Here's the problem. When I REPLY to an e-mail and bring up the Send
> Using list, another address other than my default is at the top. It's
> the same one every time. If I select an address to send from, the one
> I choose is correctly identified in the outgoing header. The trouble
> is when I forget to select my personal address (the default one) from
> the Send Using list, as I do by hitting Send when I finish an answer
> to a personal e-mail, I get another of my e-mail addresses in the
> header - not the default. It's the same one, every time.

Typically, Outlook will reply using the account with which the message was
received.  Is that what you are seeing?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
> Denzil Hathway <hathway@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Here's the problem. When I REPLY to an e-mail and bring up the Send
>> Using list, another address other than my default is at the top. It's
>> the same one every time. If I select an address to send from, the one
>> I choose is correctly identified in the outgoing header. The trouble
>> is when I forget to select my personal address (the default one) from
>> the Send Using list, as I do by hitting Send when I finish an answer
>> to a personal e-mail, I get another of my e-mail addresses in the
>> header - not the default. It's the same one, every time.
>
> Typically, Outlook will reply using the account with which the message was
> received.  Is that what you are seeing?
> --
> Brian Tillman

==========================

Brian, no. When I Reply it uses the same "from" address every time - which
is not my default. I can't figure it, Outlook uses my default as a "from"
address for a New e-mail but uses the same non-default address every time
when I Reply. Denzil.

0
hathway (39)
5/16/2005 4:52:10 PM
Denzil Hathway <hathway@cox.net> wrote:

> When I Reply it uses the same "from" address every time -
> which is not my default.

It it, however, one of your accounts' addresses?
--
Brian Tillman
0
> Denzil Hathway <hathway@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> When I Reply it uses the same "from" address every time -
>> which is not my default.
>
> It it, however, one of your accounts' addresses?
> --
> Brian Tillman

===================

Brian, yes. I have five account addresses working in Outlook - all operating
through one ISP e-mail address, which I have marked as the default.

When I do a NEW e-mail and check Send, Outlook sends from the default.

When I REPLY to an e-mail and just check Send, Outlook sends from another
account, the same one each time.

When I open "Send Using" from a NEW email I see all my Accounts, with the
default on the top.

When I open "Send Using" from a REPLY e-mail I see all my accounts but the
default is not on the top. It is another one, the same one each time, and
Outlook sends from that, unless I click on the default, or yet another one.

How do I change the order of the "Send Using" list so that the default
remains on the top?

Thanks for your interest. Denzil.

=================================

0
hathway (39)
5/16/2005 9:33:08 PM
Denzil Hathway <hathway@cox.net> wrote:

> I have five account addresses working in Outlook - all
> operating through one ISP e-mail address, which I have marked as the
> default.
> When I do a NEW e-mail and check Send, Outlook sends from the default.
>
> When I REPLY to an e-mail and just check Send, Outlook sends from
> another account, the same one each time.
>
> When I open "Send Using" from a NEW email I see all my Accounts, with
> the default on the top.
>
> When I open "Send Using" from a REPLY e-mail I see all my accounts
> but the default is not on the top. It is another one, the same one
> each time, and Outlook sends from that, unless I click on the
> default, or yet another one.

Humor me and verify the account through which the messages are being
received.  Add the "E-mail Account" field to the header line using the Field
Chooser.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

dropdown list question
I am using an in-cell dropdown list that is populated from a vba string. I have encountered a 255 character limit for the list of lookup items. Is there any way around this other than using spreadsheet cells to store the list values? Thanks, Keith The data validation list can come from a delimited list or a worksheet range. You could store the list on a hidden sheet, if you don't want users to accidentally change it. keithb wrote: > I am using an in-cell dropdown list that is populated from a vba string. I > have encountered a 255 character limit for the list of lookup i...

matching a column of numbers to another in another spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet of shortpayment amounts and their invoice numbers on one spreadsheet with a column of credit amounts with their invoice numbers on another spreadsheet. I need to match the credits written with the shortpayments. kinda like this spreadsheet 1 spreadsheet 2 inv # amount date Credit # Amount Date 122334 15.00 11-25-09 675555 15.00 12-10-09 223345 22.00 10-20-09 754444 22.00 111-25-09 naturally...

Odd question re: workbook file sizes.
I've been tracking the performance of two IRA accounts for almost a year now. The number of stocks is almost identical in each account. I created a set of Excel workbooks for each account: Acct 1-Q1 and 2. and Acct 2-Q1 and 2. are complete. They have the same number of pages and are the same approximate size in kb. I'm still adding to the next two workbooks Acct 1-Q3 and 4 and Acct 2- Q3 and 4, but again they have the same number of pages. I'm just cut and pasting into blank worksheets data from a CSV spreadsheet I download from Fidelity. I just happened to notice the size ...

Userform question 12-24-09
Can anybody explain the differences between showing/loading a userform along with hiding/unloading a userform?? I'm guessing that a "load" will create the form in memory but it remains non-visible?? Does that mean that a call of "Userform1.Show" loads it in memory AND makes it visible?? Show : Calls the userform initialize function the first time and not afterwards and displays the userform Load : Is the same as show but doesn't display the userform. Hide : Exits the userform and keeps it in memory so the next time it is Show/Load is perfor...

Unit accounts and FRx
Am considering using unit accounts and wondering about affect on Frx setup. Any "heads up" would be appreciated. Thanks The only suggestion is that if you are creating unit accounts, you should put them at the bottom of your chart of accounts. It doesn't really matter but I think it's more understandable that way. But, there's no impact on FRx. Unit accounts will be treated like other accounts. They are a great tool. -- Charles Allen, MVP "noyb" wrote: > Am considering using unit accounts and wondering about affect on Frx > setup. Any "hea...

Grabbing a number from another cell on another worksheet
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with a number of different worksheets. All I want to do is if I enter a number into a cell on the 2nd worksheet for example, I want it to automatically show in a specific cell on the first worksheet. So a simple copy and paste but for excel to automatically do it for me! it seems like something so easy that I just cant figure out how to do. Try this... Do this once. Select the cell on the 2nd sheet Right click>Copy Navigate to the other sheet and select the cell where you want the value to appear. Right click>Paste Special>Paste Lin...

Acessing function with a DLL which has be loaded from another dll
I have A.dll and B.dll. Assume that A.dll has following functions: A1() A2() Assume that B.dll has following functions: B1() B2() I am loading B.dll from function A1() in A.dll.After Loading B.dll i make a call to B1().After executing the call the function returns to beginning of A2.dll. why is this so? Define "begining". The word tends to make no sense in this context. What you seem to be saying is that you have void A1() { HANDLE h = ::LoadLibrary(_T("B.DLL")); ...test for h==NULL, deal with error typedef void (*B1)() B1Proc; B1Proc B1; ...

Creating column content based on another column's keyword(s) #2
Max, That scriptlet was very useful, and easily tweakable to work in myria applications. Thx! -K -- KHashmi31 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KHashmi316's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1043 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27348 Glad to hear that ! Thanks for posting back -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "KHashmi316" <KHashmi316.1evevz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:KHashmi316.1e...

Populate data in cell by looking at another cells data
Hi Everyone, Hope I find you well. I'm not even sure how to go about this, so I hope that someone can shed some light. I have a serial number in one cell eg '80199DD270238' where 'DD' is code for another value, in this case 'DD' = 'BLUE'. How can I automatically populate a cell with the value 'BLUE' by looking at the serial number. Many thanks for any help you can provide. Best Regards Gazza Hi if the characters are alsways at the same place use =IF(MID(A1,6,2)="DD","Blue","other color") if they could be at ...

Default View in accounts
Hi, Is there any way you can sort accounts by their relationship type so you only see certain ones when you look in the accounts. If i wanted to seperate customers from suppliers and create 2 selections in the account view i see the same data on both pages. how can i change this so i only see the accounts that apply to the view? thanks simon You need to create a view and edit the filter criteria so that the relationship type equals supplier. Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Simon" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any way you can sort accounts by their &...

Sum dependant on '1' value in another column
Hi, Let's say I have a '1' or nothing in column 'L' and a time in seconds in column 'B'. The '1' means the time is a legitimate one. Can I do a sum of all the 'legitimate' times in column 'B' based on whether there is a corresponding '1' in column 'L'? Is there a formula that will allow me to do that? Sorry for the ignorance of the question but it is late and I am struggling to make this spreadsheet work for me. Thanks in advance, Dave Hi DL, Look at the SUMIF function in Excel help. Try: =SUMIF(L1:L10...

is it possible to execute write to the fields in another .xsl form a macro in another .xsl? e.g. some way to load another .xsl into an .xsl macro and write to its data? #2
is it possible to execute write to the fields in another .xsl form a macro in another .xsl? e.g. some way to load another .xsl into an .xsl macro and write to its data? ...

Using a different account to reply
Hi people, I run a web site and have it set up with 3 different E-mail accounts. Each account is forwarded to my ISP E-mail account. In Outlook Express I had a rule set up that would check all incoing mail for "Send to" and use that information to store each E-mail in a separate folder to keep everything organized. If I replied to an E-mail then the default mail account was used for my reply which was in my case my ISP account, but I always had the option to change it to any of my 3 web host E-mail accounts. I don't have that option in Outlook. It always forces me to use ...

Reposting because this IMF question is really bugging me
I am using Exchange 2003 and have implemented IMF on my SBS 2003 server where Exchange and the SMTP gateway resides. Everything looks ok. I opted to have my suspected SPAM archieved to the archieve folder. When using the IMF Companion and viewing these suspected SPAM emails I've noticed one in there that I do not consider SPAM. I used the option to "unblock" this email. My questions are what happens to this email after I unblock it. Does it get forwarded to the addressee and does IMF assign a lower SCL value to allow it to pass next time. Thanks. I believe that the sender is ...

Investment Account Download
My wife and I both have Retirement Accounts with The Vanguard Group. Whether or not I open her file in Money 2006, when I download HER Statement it automatically goes to MY Account. I've tried everything I know...Downloading with her account open in Money, closed in money, and no matter what I do Money automatically thinks it's my Account. Any help available? Thanks -- Jerry In microsoft.public.money, Jerry <jyeagley3@comcast.net(donotspam)> wrote: >My wife and I both have Retirement Accounts with The Vanguard Group. Whether >or not I open her file in Money 2006, wh...

.pst question
Outlook/Exchange novice here.... I have a user that has archived files to different areas on his laptop. He wants them all to appear in his folder list under Archive Folders. If I copy and paste them into docs and settings\%username%\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook do i need to rename the files so as not to overwrite the one archived file that is in there? In other words, what is the proper procedure to restore these archived files that are not where Outlook 2k sees them so that they can be viewed in his Archive Folders list? Thank you Hey, What I would do is put...

Automatic Link to another workbook
I have a workbook created that, every time I open it, I get the question: Do you want to update the automatic link to data in another workbook? I didn't consciously set up a link and I don't want to get this message. How do I find this link and break it so I will not continue to get this message? Any help is appreciated. Close any other Excel workbooks you have open and do a "Find" for :\ (colon backslash). If you have several worksheets in your workbook, ask Excel to search the entire workbook by selecting find within "Workbook" instead of "Sheet&quo...

Account setup: Test Account Setting always works
.... sending within outlook always fails. In both cases I am sending to the same external email address. Error message reads: "The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server" Now - I can understand that I may be having outbound authentication problems - but why does the test make it through then? Thanks for any help! -cf On 26 Jan 2005 13:26:38 -0800, coldfact@gmail.com wrote: > ... sending within outlook always fails. In both cases I am sending to > the same external email address. Error message reads: "The operation > timed out waiti...

Import Excel to Access Question
Hi, I need some help on importing data from Excel to Access. The Excel spreadsheet has the same columns, i.e. Date, Description. The problem I am having is that each spreadsheet that will be imported will have some of the same engine numbers, and some new engine number information in the spreadsheet, which is first entered into the DB table. Can Access import different info into the spreadsheet each time if it's in the same table? For example, the table has info Date, Description, A, B, C. The spreadsheet has columns Date, Description, A, E, S. Also, when importing info from an Excel...

Get $500 To Your PAYPAL Account In Just A Minutes
Do you need some extra money right now? Would you be interested to get $500 daily Paypal Money through some genuine tricks from home internet ? Get Money Online for FREE! Get started in the next few minutes without FEES..... Yes Absolutely ... This TRICK is absolutely FREE for all..... See the FORM for details on how to get $500 to your account. Due to some Premises I Have Hidden the FORM in an IMAGE ...... CLICK on the IMAGE which is BELOW the SEARCH BOX http://www.webinfos4all.euro.st ...

Multiple Queries Question
Hi All, I have a database to track awards for our program. I have created several queries and reports however I want to do a all inclusive status report for the Awards program. I have made Queries for Pending Awards for the Current Week, Previous Week, Previous Month, Current Month, Previous Qrter, Current Qrter, Current YTD, Previous Year. I also have Queries for presented Awards for Current and Previous: Week, Month, Quarter, Year I have a question that I am stumped on. The several queries that I have made I want to place into one report. In some cases one of these queries may have blank ...

Copying from one ListControl to Another...
Hello everyone, I have been studying how List Controls work, and now I have two List Controls, A and B. Both of the list controls are in Report_View and they both have the same # of columns. What I would like to do is copy each entry of A into B. I use CListCtrl::GetItem(..) to get the item, and I use CListCtrl::InsertItem(..) to insert the item into B. However, this is not working. It is only inserting the first subitem. Is it possible to copy the entire item i.e, subitems 0-2 from CListCtrl A into CListCtrl B? Thanks ...

Another question about IF(COUNTIF) checks in Excel
<Tiff1618@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:219EB429-F90A-406E-A208-5C787ED70467@microsoft.com... > > Hey again, > > > > Is there a formula I can use to figure out if there is one specific phrase > > in a selection? > > > > I'm updating the attendance prgram at the school that I work at. Every > > student has their own attendance sheet in Excel, and each sheet sort of > > looks > > like this: > > > > |Monday| > > Period 1:| A | (A=Absent; S=Seat time) > > Per...

how to separate messages to email accounts
I have two separate email addresses on my computer but no matter which one receives a message the first one to log on reads the message. How do I separate the addresses? Are they in the same mailbox - i.e., do you use the same username and password to download the mail? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM...

Removing Look for: Account option in the Look Up Records window
Hello again, I have another question: when I click the lookup button of the "Customer" field on, e.g. new "Invoice" form, a Look Up Records pops up. The re are two options for selecting a customer there in a drop-down: "Account" and "Contact". I would like to remove "Account" so that the customer could only be selected from "Contacts": I was unable to find the way to do it. Thank you in advance, Hrvoje I think you could remove it by using javascript and removing the account type code of the typecodes property of the lookup ...