Animated .gifs not animated

I really like Outlook 2007!! But, there is one thing which I find
disappointing. Animated .gif files, e.g., "Smileys, Emoticons" in the body
of a message are displayed as being static, i.e., no animation. Is there a
way to change this so the animation works? And, if it makes any difference,
this is on a Vista Ultimate machine.

No, there is no way to change that.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
     http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D54
  =20
"Hapkido" <hapkidomeister@gmail.com> wrote in message =
>I really like Outlook 2007!! But, there is one thing which I find=20
> disappointing. Animated .gif files, e.g., "Smileys, Emoticons" in the =
body=20
> of a message are displayed as being static, i.e., no animation. Is =
there a=20
> way to change this so the animation works? And, if it makes any =
difference,=20
> this is on a Vista Ultimate machine.=20

0
suemvp (4038)
6/1/2007 4:02:14 PM
Thanks Sue for the quick reply, although the answer isn't what I had hoped,
albeit expected.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Hapkido" <hapkidomeister@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I really like Outlook 2007!! But, there is one thing which I find
> disappointing. Animated .gif files, e.g., "Smileys, Emoticons" in the body
> of a message are displayed as being static, i.e., no animation. Is there a
> way to change this so the animation works? And, if it makes any
> difference,
> this is on a Vista Ultimate machine.

They took out sound in the name of security, why did they they take
out animated pictures?  Just lazy programmers that could not be
bothered?  I see that they still allow us to send out animations even
though we can't see them.

Maybe the next upgrade will take out all pictures and then ...
colours?

Al

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 12:02:14 -0400, "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]"
<suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote:

>No, there is no way to change that.
It was removed for Security reasons. You are better off

--=20
Peter

"Alfred Kaufmann" <al_kaufmann@hotmail.com> wrote in message =
> They took out sound in the name of security, why did they they take
> out animated pictures?  Just lazy programmers that could not be
> bothered?  I see that they still allow us to send out animations even
> though we can't see them.
>=20
> Maybe the next upgrade will take out all pictures and then ...
> colours?
>=20
> Al
>=20
>=20
> On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 12:02:14 -0400, "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]"
> <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote:
>=20
>>No, there is no way to change that.
0
okf221 (388)
7/18/2007 5:18:58 AM
Sorry . I should have said that it was removed from Office 2007 for =
security reasons

--=20
Peter

"Alfred Kaufmann" <al_kaufmann@hotmail.com> wrote in message =
> They took out sound in the name of security, why did they they take
> out animated pictures?  Just lazy programmers that could not be
> bothered?  I see that they still allow us to send out animations even
> though we can't see them.
>=20
> Maybe the next upgrade will take out all pictures and then ...
> colours?
>=20
> Al
>=20
>=20
> On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 12:02:14 -0400, "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]"
> <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote:
>=20
>>No, there is no way to change that.
0
okf221 (388)
7/18/2007 5:19:49 AM
On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 01:19:49 -0400, "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Sorry . I should have said that it was removed from Office 2007 for security reasons

Too many companies just use that as an excuse to justify their poor
performance.  If e-mail can display one picture without security
concerns, then it can display a series of pictures, which is another
name for an animated picture.

If some people want to live in a plain text world they can chose that
option and let the rest of us enjoy animations and sound with our
e-mail.

Al

covert invoice.GIF to excel database
I have an invoice in GIF format. I would like to create data fields within this file for use in Excel 2007. These need to become editable fields such as Name, Address and so on. Do you have a scanner with a good OCR application? Scan the GIF as text output into a *.txt file. Open that *.txt file in Excel. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 12:17:02 -0700, Carpet Outlet <Carpet Outlet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an invoice in GIF format. I would like to create data fields within >this file for use in Excel 2007. These need to beco...

why won't animations move in outlook 2007 emails
-- thank you Keith mole <kjmsafe-pot@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: <nothing> Because Microsoft removed the ability to display anomation from Outlook 2007. -- Brian Tillman Outlook 2007 does not support animated GIFs anymore due to tighter security handling. Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP] -------------- http://pschmid.net *** Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80 *** Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote *** Subsc...

animation in outlook 2000
I receive mail all the time that has anmatied art in it. Each tiem i attemp to send an email messge by inserting an anmited clip the clip becomes a still picture. What meus be done to maintina the animation? Set your email format to HTML. (Tools | Options | Mail Format) Open a new message. Click in the body of the message. Select INSERT from the menu Select PICTURE... Browse to an animated jpg or gif file and select it or Set your email format to HTML (Tools | Options | Mail Format) Open a new message Click in the body of the message Find an animated picture on a web site or suc...

Animated chart
Jon Peltier recently posted an article called "Gas Price Interactive Time Series" on his blog. Can anyone please explain how the animation works? The chart plots the data in the first two rows of the data sheet. The scroll bar under the chart is linked to cell A1 in the data sheet. This corresponds to the row of the data list which is listed in row 2 of the data sheet and plotted in the chart. The first row of the data sheet contains series names, which do not change. The second row extracts the values from the proper row using this formula: cell B2: =INDEX(B$9:B$808,$A$1) ...

WEBSITE ANIMATIONS
Im trying to create a website with an animation but when I try to insert it (through the tool-bar) it won't let me. I created the animation in Macromedia flash, could that be why it's not working? -- AC Using a SWF file (Flash) in Publisher http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/articles/81253.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AA7D80D-E91A-4BFB-B684-4483EBCCC36E@microsoft.com... > Im trying to create a website with an anim...

Animation query
I have created a slide in PowerPoint 2007 where to the left I have 4 bullet points and to the right I have inserted 4 pictures in association to the bullet points. I am trying to animate the slide so that I get bullet point 1 come in then picture 1, Bullet 2 then picture 2 etc. However, I am able to get all the bullets to come in 1,2,3,4 etc then the pictures 5,6,7,8. But if I try to move the first picture to come in after the first bullet the picture takes up number 1 spot then all the bullets. To resume, I can't seem to seperate the bullets to allow a picture to come ...

use animated text or animated clip art
how can I use animated text or animated clipart in publisher? Only if you are creating a web page. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Patty" <Patty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FA23101-2A3D-4AED-A759-883F3A3C9F8B@microsoft.com... > how can I use animated text or animated clipart in publisher? I thought as much - thought I was missing something - thanks. I find it odd I can use animations in Word, but not publis...

Animated .gifs not animated
I really like Outlook 2007!! But, there is one thing which I find disappointing. Animated .gif files, e.g., "Smileys, Emoticons" in the body of a message are displayed as being static, i.e., no animation. Is there a way to change this so the animation works? And, if it makes any difference, this is on a Vista Ultimate machine. No, there is no way to change that.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Us...

export gif file files
are you aware of any settings/add ins which may cause the export gif file to fail. the function works fine on my pc, but on another user's the gif files are not generated? both have excel 2003 thks ken Hi, Have the graphics filters been installed. If the Office install was not a complete one they may have been left out. If I remember correctly they are in the Shared Tools section of list of items to install. Cheers Andy k2sarah wrote: > are you aware of any settings/add ins which may cause the export gif file to > fail. the function works fine on my pc, but on another user&#...

Adding GIF file to Email
Hi, We are using Outlook 2000 with an Exchange server and would like t make our Emails more 'useful' by putting in an animated GIF fil comprising of our Company Logo and company information. The recipien could then click on the GIF and be linked to our Web site. There are a lot of 3rd parties offering this type of EMail Branding but they are very expensive. Is there any way to do this ourselves? I can insert the GIF file into a 'signature', but i would ideally lik the GIF to appear down the right hand side of the email. Any help would be apreciated. Many thanks Steve ---...

how to undo animation when "no animation
i can't get rid of an animation, regadless of what i click on, it is the same exact animation and "no animation" animates in theexact same way HELP!! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002D_01CAFC30.771476A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Liz, This newsgroup is specifically for matters dealing with Microsoft = Project. I suggest you try to find a more appropriate newsgroup that = deals with your software problems. Mike Glen Project MVP "liz...

Animated graphics in Publisher emails should stay animated
Whenever I create emails in Publisher 2003 they come out great. However, I have noticed that animated gifs do not stay animated when I send out the emails with Publisher. If I want to use animated graphics, I must copy and paste and reformat into MS Word and then send out from Word. Try sending one to yourself, I think you will see it comes in animated. -- Don Vancouver, USA "xaos27" <xaos27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E53EBE3E-0CBF-4131-838D-4DA5762759ED@microsoft.com... > Whenever I create emails in Publisher 2003 they come out great. However...

Animated Picture in Outlook
I have received an email with animated picture, can I save that picture in the animated format, I have tried to save in a different format but not with the animation. Is there any way to do that ? help Dear, Please have a look here http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/saveembeddedpictures.htm -- (Please respond to this question Was this post helpful to you?) Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Aslukka" wrote: > I have received an email with animated picture, can I save that picture in > the animated format, I have tried to save in a different format but not with >...

Animation
I try to animate dialog box on the screen from one side to the other. The animation is the most simple as can be - just in one direction without reshaping the box. I created a timer for that which tick 30 times a second. Inside the timer handle I check the current placement and then move it one pixel. Everything goes right but problem is that the program is very busy and hardly react to user key strokes. The environment is win2000 ,PC with 2.4GHZ and VC 6.0. Can someone advise please? Thanks George You could try moving it further on each time tick. I think this would still trick the ey...

Animated gifs #3
Ever since I upgraded to Office 2007 animated gifs in the body of my emails are no longer animated. How can I set things so that I see these animations? Thanks in advance... Ronen Ben-Hai If I remember correctly, I believe animation has been removed for security reasons. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Ronen Ben-Hai" wrote: > Ever since I upgraded to Office 2007 animated gifs in the body of my emails > are no longer animated. How can I set things so that I see these > animations? > > Th...

Animated GIFs don't animate
Hello, If user has disabled "play animations in web pages" in the Control Panel, Internet Options, Advanced tab, then any animated .gif images I display in my Web Browser Control (actually it's an MFC CDHtmlDialog) don't animate. Is there a way I can override the user's IE setting and get my Web Browser Control to animate the gifs? To initialize the dialog, I'm already calling: DOCHOSTUIINFO info; info.cbSize = sizeof(info); GetHostInfo (&info); SetHostFlags (info.dwFlags | DOCHOSTUIFLAG_DIALOG | DOCHOSTUIFLAG_THEME | DOCHOSTUIFLAG_SCROLL_NO); Thanks,...

Animations are resetting when move/changing an object in PPT2007
Hi everybody, maybe somebody can help me out there. We have an PowerPoint Addin using non MS-Graph or 2007 Graph slides for displaying bars. we using a rectangle with the size of the bars. During a presentation i collecting data from my hardware and just try to resize the shape in the size for displaying it. now it always happens that the presentation is going to the point where i stop collecting and updating the bars. When i try to update the "bar - shapes", in 2007 it is resetting the animations to the index (0) Animation of the actual slide. I can force the prog...

Animated Advertisements
using Vista Home Premium and IE8 I am not using any ad blockers, filtering or anything else that would block ads. Example: when I go to a web page, there is a square box where the animation should be. The box is blank, except for the word advertisement in it. If I use firefox without an ad blocker, it shows the animation that is missing when I use IE8. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening. In Internet Options > Advanced tab > under Multimedia > put a check mark in 'Play animations in web pages' If that doesn't solve the problem, check...

CBitmapButton gif / png bitmaps
Hello, I have an CBitmapButton derived class to show buttons with bmp bitmaps. I load the bitmaps dynamicly at runtime with 'LoadImage(...,LR_LOADFROMFILE)' . Now I need to support png/gif bitmaps. The LoadImage failes - so it is not possible !? To support png/gif, I - add three member from 'Gdiplus::Image', - load the images for UP DOWN and DISABLE state and - display them in 'DrawItem(...)' !? So long Frank On Apr 27, 6:39 am, fiversen <fiver...@wedding.in-berlin.de> wrote: > Hello, > > I have an CBitmapButton derived class to show buttons with...

animations
Animations that are sent to me won't work and my stationary will not scroll. I am told it has something to do with my security settings but I don't know what to change. I have outlook 2002 Try selecting tools | options | security tab and change the dropdown about 1/2 down from restricted zone to internet zone. (note: if the scrolling is done by vbscript/javascript, then this isn't a complete resolve since the preview pane may be designed to suppress all scripting for the sake of security.) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be del...

Animations
Why won't my animations work in Publisher? I don't want to create a web page. Instead I am creating an email newsletter that is just sent via outlook to my coworkers. I am not sending it as an attachement either. Please help me get them to move!! Thanks Animations only work in HTML. If you send the newsletter to your co-workers the animated gif will be received as a separate attachment. If they open the attachment it will animate. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "LKH" <LKH@discussions.microsoft...

Export Chart as GIF on Macintosh OS X
I get an error message trying to export a chart on a Mac running OS X Excel version "X for Mac, Service Release 1" from the following code: Sub ExportChart() MsgBox (ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Chart.Name) ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Chart.Export FileName:="mychart.gif" FilterName:="GIF" End Sub ... I've never had issues on a PC...and the first MsgBox line work fine, just as a check... I get: "Application Error '1004'"... Thanks in advance, this is very frustrating... Ti -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In article <t...

animated / motion / chart Excel
Hi, Is there any way to animate animate charts in Excel 2007. I have yearly series (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011) For example I would like that the chart being displayed would change with the year. Is there the possibility to do this inside of Excel? Using a macro (if there's a possibility without a a macro the better). Thank you, Cheers, Hugo Hi, There are a number of ways to do this but we need more info, show us a sample of the data layout. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "hcacote@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any way to animate animate charts in Excel 2007...

Animation
why do clips inserts loose their animation in outlook if attached? Any ideas? ...

displaying animation from video card
I would like to crate a visual c++ application that will read video from some video card input, and display the video in a window. Ideally, I would like to eliminate the usual "stop" "play" "rewind" window controls, and have the software control the entire "show". I have been experimenting with VC++ tools like "animation control", "insert active x control", and "windows media player". Is this the preferred method, or is there a better approach? Have a look on DirectShow... You may find some samples on www.codeproject....