amalgamating archive files

I have several archive files and I'd like to combine them into a single one.
Is there a way to do this? Thanks.
Howie

0
wettstein (1)

File Name Length
Does anyone know if filenames can be longer than 31 characters in Office 2004? Thanks. In article <19bee01c41cec$47393e90$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "JM" <doubledawg9498@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does anyone know if filenames can be longer than 31 characters in Office > 2004? Thanks. FIrst, you *can* have filenames longer than 31 characters in Office v.X already - you just can't generate them. While v.X apps display a hash at the end of a long filename, it keeps the filename intact when you save. MS hasn't announced anything regarding long file names in 2004 ye...

Printing problem with amalgamated cells
Hi, When I print a form I created, some characters are missing in merged written cells. When I uncheck this option it prints correctly. But, it is better when I write in a table's location to have the whole package of cells united. Any ideas to fix that? Thx! Werner -- Werner ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Werner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24304 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384646 If I can assume that "amalgamated" is your language's w...

need MSOE.DLL file
Hubby deleted stuff and Outlook Express won't function without this file!!! HELP!!! ...

Can't create file....
Hi I have a user that gets the following error only on some emails... "Can't create file resume.doc - right click the folder you want to create the file in and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. " In this case there were 2 word docs. and only the one gave the error? I have emptied the TEMP folder, but same problem still. Any ideas please. Thanks Gabriel <gabriel@kiwioutsourceit.co.nz> wrote: > I have a user that gets the following error only on some emails... > "Can't create file resume.doc - right cli...

File path in a hyperlink field
Using Access XP. I have a form with a hyperlink field. The default value for the filed is the path where the files are at (X:\Marketing\Images) this is a drive in the server where the marketing people put different images associated with a record. No problem opening the image file or hyperlinking. My question is: Can the user type only the file name, without X:\Marketing\Images showing on the screen? For example: they type: "Logo.bmp" and the hyperlink field actually contains: X:\Marketing\Images\Logo.bmp. Users have problems entering the file name only, they tend to delete ...

renamed file
How to get back a renamed file in excel? Is it sawed enywhere else in another filename or... TIA. Hi! If you open a file and then use Saved As and save under a different name the original file is closed (without saving any changes since it was last saved). That original file is still in it's old location. The new file is saved at wherever you said it should be saved during the Saved As process. as long as you can remember the new name you gave, you should be able to find it easily using Start > Search > For files and folders -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Austr...

Archiving the whole store with an exception to one mailbox
I need to archive a mailbox store with the execption of a couple of mailboxes in that store. Is this possible? Thanks in advance Per-store only as far as I know. You'd have to move the mailboxes you want to exclude to a different store. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "JOHNC" <ha@ac.om> wrote in message news:uQXxEFntEHA.2788@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I need to archive a mailbox store with the execption of a couple of > mailboxes in that store. Is this possible? > > Thanks in advance &...

Outlook 2k pst files
In which directory should oulook.pst file be? I am getting an error at start-up that my .pst file cannot be found. Do I want to create a new one or open an existing one? I answer the latter and the program goes to my documents folder to get the .pst file. This must be the wrong location for it to ask this question every time I start up. Any help would be appreciated on where to put this file. Thanks, Ellen Go to Start | Find | Files or Folders and do a search for *.PST. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.h...

archiving auto archive
I have my sent items set to auto archive for mails older than 6 months. Today I want to archive the remaining files in sent items (less than 6 months old). How do I make sure that I end up with 1 merged file, containing the auto-archived and the newer items? If I run archive on the sent items by selecting the auto-archive file I am afraid that it may destroy the old items (I don't want to speculate if MS thought about this or not). Thanks If you manually archive the Sent Items folder they should end up in the archive PST along with the other items. "Cagdas Ozgenc" <cagdas...

Money 2003--cannot archive
When I try to archive Money 2003 (Delux Personal and Business, v 11.0, it freezes at some point and I have to shut it down manually. I've attempted letting it archive for different lengths of time with the same result. After the attempted archiving, Money has changed all my balances. I've not encountered this problem before. Anyone have a solution? Are there updates and if so where do I find them? I've searched Microsoft with no luck! Thanks, K. Clark In microsoft.public.money, K Clark wrote: >When I try to archive Money 2003 (Delux Personal and Business, v 11.0, it ...

Corrupted PST file
situation as follows; 1. from notebook, copied PST file to CD (using Nero) 2. open PST at home PC, using open PST file...; error msg "not valid PST file" 3. use scanpst.exe utility ... same msg "not valid PST valid" 4. tried import command in Outlook... same msg "not valid PST valid" what gives? TMT You either burned the data too fast (PST files don't like to be burned above 4x) and/or you didn't check the option to remove the ";1" from the file names in Nero's options dialog. -- Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account w...

Archiving clarification
We're running PS2007, use timesheeting and have reviewed the information on Project Experts "How do I archive completed projects in the production Project Server database?" as well as several other resources and would like some clarification. I understand the concept of the above noted article only hides the information from views, in more or less, Project Center. Am I correct in thinking this doesn't hide it from the project list in Project Pro as well as other places in PWA, such as Add Lines on timesheets? Does everything get archived in production rega...

Place a mp3 file or in a Publisher document that is a e-newsletter
I publish a quarterly e-newsletter for fire safety professionals. I would like to distribute via the newsletter MPEG video and mp3 audio files. These are copyright cleared radio PSAs and Video PSAs that can be in turn posted to other web sites. How do I embed those files with the familiar Media Player icon into a Publisher document (the e-newsletter) directing readers to simply download them for redistribution locally. This effort would give wide distribution to fire safety information in digitial form. If you don't want the mpeg to play then zip it, upload the file to your websit...

how do i sync calandar events previously auto archived?
I previously auto archived about 1 year of calandar events. They now do not show up on my handheld but are still visible on my laptop. I'd like to return the calander events to my handheld phone so that everything from a year ago is visable again. Any suggestions on how to do so? You need to configure the handheld to sync all items, even old ones. If they are in an archive calendar folder, you need to move them back to the default calendar folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://...

How can I import my old Netscape Email into Outlook for Archiving.
I've converted from Netscape as my mail client to Outlook, but so far I can't figure out how to access all my old archived email I have stored on my hard drive, previously using Netscape. How can I import my old Netscape Email into Outlook for Archiving? Please email me and let me know. Mail@JeffFenton.com Thanks! Jeff What respective versions? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head...

locked LDB FILE
When exiting my MsAccess database I've noticed that the LDB File doesn't go away as it should. when I tried to delete the ldb file ( I'm the only one using it ) it says record locked. I tried rebooting - No Dice. I'm at my wits end trying to figure this out Have already done that - incidentally - I am the LAN man "KARL DEWEY" <KARLDEWEY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04235949-AE2C-42A0-A58D-657FD4DC4371@microsoft.com... > Backup your database. Then do a Compact and Repair. > If it still does not go away then ask you LAN man t...

Data amalgamation
I have a table of data, including columns for date, a code indicatin data source, and various analysis under headings. As follows: Date Source A B C 1/1/01 X 2 4 8 15/3/01 X 3 5 7 16/6/02 Y 12 1 9 I want a summary table that is driven by a (variable) date range amalgamating data by source and A,B,C. As follows: X Y Z Pre 30/6/01 - A 5 0 0 - B 9 0 0 - C 15 0 0 Post 30/6/01 - A ...

Searching for files
ok I got a new desktop PC last week. It did up grade my Excel. BUT now I can not search for my files the same way I did before!! Ususally I could enter in a portion of the file name in the search or open window and it would retreive it. NOW, it does nothing!! Even if I type in the file name exaclty as it appears on the file... How can I get this wonderful feature bacK???? Not to be impatient but I need help ASAP!!! Thanks all!!! ...

Archives
OK, I'm having trouble hyperlinking to charts that are embedded in the same worksheet when that particular worksheet is protected. There was a question and answer posted a few days ago that dealt with this. Apparently it has been archived. How do I locate archived postings? Check here: http://google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* In article <D2c8b.50707$3b2.5908028@twister.neo.rr.com>, "Carl Johnson" <bjohnson@woh.rr.com> wrote: > OK, I'm having trouble hyperlinking to charts that are embedded in the same > worksheet when that particula...

Automatically send Files using Lotus Notes Email
Hi, Can you use Excel 2000 to automatically send files using Lotus Notes Email (version 5.05) Any help would be appreciated Many thanks Rob -- robertguy 44 Married two kids ------------------------------------------------------------------------ robertguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5963 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=266068 ...

How do I delete excess pages from a file?
I'm sending a file that I only need one page in, but the recipient has told me that it has 1700 pages. I'm using Excel and sending with outlook. What does the file look like from your end? Has it got 1,700 pages or just one? "deejai03" wrote: > I'm sending a file that I only need one page in, but the recipient has told > me that it has 1700 pages. I'm using Excel and sending with outlook. In Excel jargon a File is a workbook. A workbook can have multiple worksheets. A worksheet can have multiple pages when printed. What exactly is the...

Extracting emails from PST archive and re-creating new archives by name
We have a situation where we have a bunch of PST archive files and want to extract all the emails from it and then parse the emails into separate PST archive files by a user's name. So say for example we have an archive called "archive-12-2009.pst" and in it contains all the emails from everyone in the company for December. We want to then gather all the emails from a "John Doe" and place it in a separate archive called (say "JohnDoe.pst") where we can access it later. In addition, we also want to be able to do this for all other users and place th...

which files to backup?
Is it necessary to backup the .mny to removable media in addition to the backup file itself? I just got started using '03 Standard and would like to establish a robust backup routine (similar to Arge's post) at the outset and stick to it. Any additional suggestions would be helpful. In microsoft.public.money, Derick Beckwith wrote: >backup file itself? I just got started using '03 Standard and would like to >establish a robust backup routine (similar to Arge's post) at the outset and >stick to it. Any additional suggestions would be helpful. You should not ne...

HTM files do not open
Hi Everybody, 1. I have Vista Home Premium and Internet Explorer v 8. I never set anything about users or administrators since I am the only one using this computer. 2. I have many old graphics tutorials in HTM format which I downloaded some years ago when I was using Windows 98. They opened in Windows 98. 3. I can't open them with Vista. If I use FILE > OPEN in Internet Explorer, I get the HTML code. If I double click on the file in Windows Explorer, I get a message saying that Windows Internet Explorer is not responding. 4. I have a similar problem with HTM fi...

Auto- or Manual- Archive from IMAP to the Archive Folders doesn't work?
Hello, We have one user using Outlook 2007 who's connected to our corporate mailserver via IMAP. Globally, he's configured the autoarchive to run every day and run on messages older than Jan 15 in the Inbox and Sent Items. He has plenty of such messages. He's using the "default archive settings" at individual folder level. When he clicks on File - Archive to run it manually, it briefly says "archiving" in the corner, then stops. No messages at all appear in the Archive Folders. Running it automatically produces the same result. I changed the IMAP settings to ...