Alternative From: addresses....

I really want to use Outlook....really! I have Outlook 2003
and a Dell Axim handheld and am able to work well with
syncronised tasks and calendars but email is giving me a
nightmare.

For security and ease of filtering, etc, I have my own domain
and register with forums and internet sites with seperate
@bryans-place.com addresses (ie, amazon@, tesco@ etc).

I currently use The Bat! for email and when I send an email I
can simply place my cursor in the the From: field and overtype
the From: address. I can't do this with Outlook it seems, unless
I create a new account for each alias I use...and that could be
hundreds by now!

Is there a simple answer or am I doomed to never be able to use
Outlook for email?

--
Bryan Anderson <usenet@bryans-place.com>

Bryan Anderson <usenet@bryans-place.com> wrote:

> I currently use The Bat! for email and when I send an email I
> can simply place my cursor in the the From: field and overtype
> the From: address. I can't do this with Outlook it seems, unless
> I create a new account for each alias I use...

That's the only way I've found to use multiple from addresses: an account
for each address.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Prompting wrong address
For reasons I don't know why - I may have typed this address incorrectly sometime recently - Outlook is prompting both the right address and the wrong address for someone. The wrong address is NOT in Contacts and NOT in my address book. How can I stop this continuous prompting? Does Outlook have a memory that I can delete or something? I don't want to switch off the Address Completion feature. Thanks. DM Follow these steps: To delete names from the cache: 1.. In the Inbox folder, click New, and then, in the To box, type the first several letters of a recipient's name. ...

Address book to excel
Hi I have a chart in excel 2000 with the persons last name, first name an email address. Lets call them soccer registrations. I was wondering i anyone knows an easy way to create a group (Soccer 2005) with all th email addresses grouped together without everyones email addres cluttering up my contact list. I am using outlook express. Thanks a lot -- billy2will ----------------------------------------------------------------------- billy2willy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2164 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadi...

Sorting IP Address
How do I sort fields that contain IP numbers in order? ex. Field A - 192.168.1.0.......192.168.1.121.....192.168.1.15....192.168.2.12....192.168.2.20...192.168.3.50 How can I sort these by the 3rd and 4th octives? Hi, Pardon me for my ignorance! Are the 4 parts in an IP address called 'octives'? In principle, you could use a combination of LEFT, RIGHT, and LEN functions to isolate the 3rd and 4th octives into separate columns and then sort them by those two columns. But, I thought that the following approach could be simpler. Let us assume that Column A contains the IP ...

I need to backup the address in the address bar...
I'm having to reformat my computer and I need to save (backup) the address in the drop down bar...I'm not sure what the correct word is that i'm looking for...'auto-correct'? I was told there was a way to do this. I have microsoft outlook exchange 2003. Windows xp pro. Thank you for your help. You want to save your NK2 file. See if the info here helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm "jp614" <jp614@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11C4388A-A3C4-4067-95BF-151827B79CBB@microsoft.com... > I'm having to reform...

Importing and Address Book
My hard disk failed and was replaced. Prior to this event, I stored address book and mail in a Local Settings folder in my external disk. I need a step-by-step procedure to get this information into my now bare new Microsoft Outlook. Then we would need a step-by-step of how you "stored" this file and in what format, particularly since Outlook does not use an address book. Include your Outlook version when you reply. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "andyanderson@earthlink.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:289801c4a296$098c72d0$...

MSCommCtrl alternative??
I would like to use the com port to communicate with an external device. MSComm32, an ActiveX control, fits the bill fine for this if you happen to have a dialog open that can parent the control. That way, you can create a control variable of the Comm32 class and have access to all its glory. In my application, I have no dialog that hosts the control. I realize this exposes my ignorance of ActiveX and COM but is there a reasonably simple way to get access to an ActiveX control's functionality without having it reside in a dialog? Thanks in advance, Bob Bob Curry wrote: > I would ...

Blocked address
I am not able to send mail to Hotmail addresses. What to do? What happens when you try? If you get an error message, post the complete error message. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "ffe" <ffe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:58C7A643-F2D3-470F-9EAE-7819F5B42E4F@microsoft.com... >I am not able to send mail to Hotmail addresses. What to do? ...

Address books and folders
I'm new to Outlook (2000) and am confused about the relationship between "folders" and "address books". What I need is one master contact list and a choice of several address books to open for sending individual emails (not as groups). The same name could be in more than one book. If a contact is edited, the changes need to appear in each address book where that contact is used. Is this possible? I know how to do groups for email and categories for mail merge. mdc The Outlook Address Book is just a view....not a separate entity. You can define multiple co...

Entourage Address Book will not sync with Mac or MobileMe Address Book

move sent items to alternate folder dependant on sender email addr
Hi I have an issue, caused by having multiple mailboxes open in outlook, this is a business requirement with different email addresses (and domain names) for different business areas. (eg user1@dom1.com and user1@dom2.com) I am using outlook2003, backed by exchange 2003. I want to automatically place sent items in the correct sent items folder depending upon what email address (account) was used to send out an email. Whichever is the primary email account currently has all sent items in it. (eg sent from user1@dom1.com and user1@dom2.com) Although it is possible to manually just cop...

Alternative to
Hi all, Thanks for your help in advance. Well I am at nadir in terms of knowledge of MFC and any other GUI development thing, But I have to solve a Bug which is like that in a Window, a menu which appears on double right click should come up instead in single right click. It is using currently the following things to do the same ON_NOTIFY_REFLECT(NM_RCLICK, OnRclick) void CTreeInfoWnd::OnRclick(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) Earier I thought I should use the following ON_WM_RBUTTONDOWN() void CTreeInfoWnd::OnRButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point){ but here the problem is I need NM_LI...

Can I create and syncronize alternate calendars on my pocket PC?
I use ActiveSync to syncronize my Home PC and Work PC with my PocketPC. Can I also create and synchronize these alternate calendars on my PocketPC and home/work PC? ActiveSync only syncs the default calendar. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM New Poll: What type of emai...

Users external email addresses
On an Exchange 2003, I have a couple of users that have other SMTP addresses that were added manually. Usually you get your rules from 2003 RUS, but there is some users that have 2 or 3 email addresses assigned to their user account because they were added manually. How can I go about running some type of find to see what are the different email addresses that other users are publishing. I do not want to go one by one and go to email address tab on the user account and search for these type of users. Thanks in advance. On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 05:57:01 -0800, Vic <Vic@discussions.microsof...

OWA and Address list
We have an Exchange 2003 sp1 server and well over 100 distribution list for our remote facility that starts with *remote. When ever anyone opens to create a new email within OWA, they hit the *remote and find button. It pops up 100 potential distribution list that starts with *remote. I understand that there might be a limit within OWA of 100 addresses but the thing that makes me scratch my head is that no two people get the same exact 100 address list. Such as person A gets a 100 address list that is not identical to the 100 address list that person B gets. Does anyone know if thi...

Email 2 email address in outlook
I hope this is an easy one. I'm trying to map from outlook contacts -- email address 2 and email address 3. Is this possible? If anybody can point me in the right direction, i sure would appreciate it! Thanks. ...

Alternative to IF function
I have a formula that is using nested IFs, and it is beginning to becom unmanageable. First I am at the 7-deep limit, but otherwise I find the logic aspec hard to follow everytime I have to alter it. In VB there is *Select Case*, in C++ there is *switch*. Is there a VB *worksheet* function with similar functionality t these? (I've searched but can't find). something like: Code ------------------- =Case($A$1="A-325", THEN <SomeComplexFormula>, $A$1="A-490", THEN <SomeOtherCompleXFormula>, $A$1="A-500", THEN <YetAnotherComplex...

Set which local email account can send mail to contacts in address book. (associating an email address with a contact)
I use Outlook 2k3 with 3 separate email addresses configured to send and receive email. Is there a way when I create a new contact in my address book (and to go back and assign to old contacts) which email address will be used to send that person email? For example I want to send email to Thomas at company X if i hit new message button and pick his name out of the address book is there a way have outlook automatically default to which email address I have assigned to his contact information? I am afraid that I will send email from the wrong account. Also using different identities is not ...

Ship/Bill To Address in Payables
Hello, W using GP 9.0 SQL 2005. We are using Bill To, Ship To and Remit To Address. There is multiply address ids for each one. Can someone tell me is there a creation date and/or last use date for address id in GP Payables. Thank you, Kevin, There are no dates tracked for vendor addresses in GP 9.0. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12B43465-D44C-456A-9717-E0C967211E96@microsoft.com.....

Coloring Alternative Rows only if data is there
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with [ =MOD(ROW(),2)=1] conditional formatting in it. I want to highlight this only if there data in there. I have googled if but cannot find the method can anyone post the method or provide me with link. It will be 2nd conditional formatting I think :l =AND(COUNTA(1:1)>0,MOD(ROW(),2)=1) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "BetaDocuments" <betadocuments@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c0c21d2b-e800-4c9a-b310-24a10793eb7c@g38g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a spreadsheet with [ =MOD(ROW(),2)=1] conditiona...

alternate recipient
Hi all, I want to send a mail to another user, if mail can not be delivered to the original recipient. I use MAPI. Any little help will be appreciated. Thanks a lot.. ismailgunes81@yahoo.com (ismail) wrote: >Hi all, > I want to send a mail to another user, if mail can not be delivered >to the original recipient. I use MAPI. Any little help will be >appreciated. Thanks a lot.. If mail cannot be delivered to one recipient it generates a non delivery report. You can't get a mail delivered from Person A (either local on Internet) to Person B, and then if B doesn't r...

Alternatives for Speakers
I hope this isn=92t too off-topic. My computer is an HP laptop. Its audio output and input uses three jacks on the front edge of the device. I want to connect a pair of speakers to play a variety of music I've ripped and which are playable either WMP or WMC which are on the same computer. The problem is one of space and/or aesthetics. I can connect a pair of speakers to the audio output jacks on the laptop. But that puts a mess of wires right in front of my work area. So what I'm hoping to find is an alternate way of driving a set of speakers. For example, does a...

What does the aca before my address mean?
What does the aca before my address mean? What does aca mean before my address? <What does aca mean before my address?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What does the aca before my address mean? Post exactly what you see and where you see it. -- Brian Tillman ...

Allowing access to address book by a program outside outlook.
I trying to use the outlook API to access information about my inbox. The API works fine but everytime I run the program I get a message from OutLook saying: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" "If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No"." IT then gives me the option of allowing access for up to 10min or to deny access. I would like the program to run continusly in the the background. I do not want to keep pushing this buttton. Anyway to disable this feature. OR ...

find users email address
Hi I need to find the Outlook email address of the user of the computer in VBA code. Any Ideas please? -- Richard Better ask in the VBA programming newsgroup down the hall; outlook.program_vba -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8212C042-ED1B-4CEA-8604-0E438101E835@microsoft.com... &g...