Alternating e-mail adresses when sending

A couple of our users need to be able to work under two
different company names.
We have set them up with both e-mail addresses, but in
order to change sending address we are currently changing
the primary e-mail address in AD (e-mail account info).
Using "change recipient" only partly solves the problem
since this will ensure the correct reply address, but not
the appropriate sender address.
If any of you have ideas to how we best set this up your
help will be greatly appreciated

Kim

0
anonymous (74719)

You know, it would really help the troubleshooting process if you post your
version of Outlook.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Summertime asked:

| A couple of our users need to be able to work under two
| different company names.
| We have set them up with both e-mail addresses, but in
| order to change sending address we are currently changing
| the primary e-mail address in AD (e-mail account info).
| Using "change recipient" only partly solves the problem
| since this will ensure the correct reply address, but not
| the appropriate sender address.
| If any of you have ideas to how we best set this up your
| help will be greatly appreciated
|
| Kim

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

need check before sending emails
I have accidentally sent emails before I was ready - is there a way to enable a check (are you sure you want to send) or something like that to prevent this in future? "the hood" <the hood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C841263-355A-4DB2-B11C-46609753E75F@microsoft.com... > I have accidentally sent emails before I was ready - is there a way to > enable > a check (are you sure you want to send) or something like that to prevent > this in future? Not that I know of. Having done the same as you years ago, I now write all my mes...

Sending messages #2
I have Outlook 2002 and it has worked perfectly until now. The problem is that when I try to send a message, it sits in the Outbox for a long time instead of automatically going, and I get an error message in the bottom right hand corner. Then, at some point, the message will go, but I do not know why it goes at that time. I have checked my accounts and changed them around a bit but it seems to make no difference. Any ideas, please? create a rule suresh <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > create a rule For what? -- Brian Tillman ...

Re: H E L P * * * Need help with question about protecting a range of cell in workbook #2
I need to know how to protect a range of cell/s in a workbook Press F1, enter protect range, click on "Lock only a few cells on a worksheet" link. Blacksmith wrote: > I need to know how to protect a range of cell/s in a workbook > > > > ...

Can't view photos attached to e-mail
Some photos and graphics in the body of messages and those attached to messages aren't viewable; The dreaded red X appears. Some are. Clicking on the X SOMETIMES produces this message: WINDOWS CANNOT OPEN THIS FILE. TO OPEN THIS FILE, WINDOWS NEEDS TO KNOW WHAT PROGRAM CREATED IT. WINDOWS CAN GO ON LINE TO LOOK IT UP AUTOMATICALLY, OR YOU CAN MANUALLY SELECT FROM A LIST OF PROGRAMS ON YOUR COMPUTER. I regularly work with 4 different computers, and only one has this problem, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Any thoughts? ...

E-mail error 0x800ccc79
Hello... The other day I tried sending an e-mail message with Outlook 2000 to TVO Ontario (a public TV station in Canada) but it wouldn't go, saying that the recipient was rejected by the server and the error given was 0x800ccc79. I could send this e-mail to that address using either Outlook Express 6.0 or Netscape 7.1. I could send other e-mails with Outlook 2000 to myself or other addresses. Today, I received that same error message when I tried to send a message to someone in a federal government office here in Ottawa. I did a Detect and Repair on Outlook 2000 and it seems to hav...

MSCommCtrl alternative??
I would like to use the com port to communicate with an external device. MSComm32, an ActiveX control, fits the bill fine for this if you happen to have a dialog open that can parent the control. That way, you can create a control variable of the Comm32 class and have access to all its glory. In my application, I have no dialog that hosts the control. I realize this exposes my ignorance of ActiveX and COM but is there a reasonably simple way to get access to an ActiveX control's functionality without having it reside in a dialog? Thanks in advance, Bob Bob Curry wrote: > I would ...

How do I make mailing labels from Excel without using Word?
I am trying to make mailing labels from Excel. I can't carry the format from Excel to Word. Is there a way to carry the format to word or a way to make labels directly from Excel? Have you looked at the formatting options that are available with merge fields in Word? On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 19:05:16 -0700, Mountain man <Mountain man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to make mailing labels from Excel. I can't carry the format from >Excel to Word. > >Is there a way to carry the format to word or a way to make labels directly >from Excel? In th...

No mail!!!?
Until this past Sunday I have been able to get into my works website to check webmail. Since then I can get in but no emails show up in Outlook. I get "Loading..." but nothing happens. When I click on the folders to the left a message "Error on page" shows up at the bottom of the page. Has anyone got a fix for this? ...

sending mail #9
When i'm sending an internet mail i need to add (ex) at the subject, otherwise the mail won't be send. If i send a mail inside the company (using exchange) i don't need to add it. Please help Thx ...

Changing Public folder e-mail default behavior
A TechCenter document describes the default behavior of the catagorizer when e-mail is send to a public folder. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3TransnRouting/3ba2ac5d-3e7f-4966-829c-5ee82b58382c.mspx --------- Chapter 13: Chapter 13: Troubleshooting Non-Delivery Reports -------------- To determine which public folder store or server the categorizer picks from the top-level hierarchy, Exchange uses the following criteria: • Does one of the public folder stores exist on the local server? If so, Exchange uses that store. • Does one of the public folder store...

e-mail addresses
I have several e-mail addresses. Quite a number of e-mails I receive show the same name in the "From" column as well as the "To" column. How can I determine to which of my addresses the mail was sent? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ What version of Outlook? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In new...

Make Exchagne 2000 reject invalid mail
How can I make Exchange 2000 work just like sendmail, where it rejects invalid recipients during the SMTP protocol? Event Sink? Any Ideas??? Rod lazyadmin wrote: > How can I make Exchange 2000 work just like sendmail, where it rejects > invalid recipients during the SMTP protocol? > > Event Sink? > > Any Ideas??? > > Rod You can do this in E2003, but see if ORF from www.vamsoft.com looks like it might fit your needs & your budget (it's inexpensive). You can't. There may be some 3rd party products that can integrate or query AD for the list of v...

Track e-mails to active cases
We track relevant e-mails to cases but the case-list contains everything, also the resolved cases. This means the list is getting extremely long and it's getting difficult to find the actual case. How do I make CRM show only the active cases? what is the default view ? Have u changed default view to active case only? /Aamir When we open Cases in Outlook we have default view Active Cases, yes, but when we track e-mails, the list contains all cases, also the resolved ones. There is no option on views then. BG "Aamir" wrote: > what is the default view ? Have ...

move sent items to alternate folder dependant on sender email addr
Hi I have an issue, caused by having multiple mailboxes open in outlook, this is a business requirement with different email addresses (and domain names) for different business areas. (eg user1@dom1.com and user1@dom2.com) I am using outlook2003, backed by exchange 2003. I want to automatically place sent items in the correct sent items folder depending upon what email address (account) was used to send out an email. Whichever is the primary email account currently has all sent items in it. (eg sent from user1@dom1.com and user1@dom2.com) Although it is possible to manually just cop...

send tomail all the context
I miss something, I need to send by mail all the context of the folder something like "z:\transmission\*.*" but it doesn´t work like this, do I always have to write file by file? -- MG Try this for the files in the folder C:\Data Sub Mail_workbooks_Outlook() Dim FNames As String Dim MyPath As String Dim SaveDriveDir As String Dim OutApp As Object Dim OutMail As Object SaveDriveDir = CurDir MyPath = "C:\Data" '<----- Change this path ChDrive MyPath ChDir MyPath Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application&quo...

Alternative to
Hi all, Thanks for your help in advance. Well I am at nadir in terms of knowledge of MFC and any other GUI development thing, But I have to solve a Bug which is like that in a Window, a menu which appears on double right click should come up instead in single right click. It is using currently the following things to do the same ON_NOTIFY_REFLECT(NM_RCLICK, OnRclick) void CTreeInfoWnd::OnRclick(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) Earier I thought I should use the following ON_WM_RBUTTONDOWN() void CTreeInfoWnd::OnRButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point){ but here the problem is I need NM_LI...

looking for help in delaying the sending of e-mail...
....without using rules. What I'm trying to figure out, to little avail, is how to have e-mail that I've composed and am sending out held in the Outbox until I manually send it, as in by hitting F9. Microsoft insists on making me set up a rule, whereby I specify a set number of minutes it will stay in the Outbox before automatically sending it. But doing so this way prevents me from then going into the Outbox and overriding the rule by simply hitting F9. Do I have to resort to writing only drafts? Please help! What about just setting up Outlook not to automatically send/receiv...

Autosave & send word doc by email
I am using MS Word 2007. I create a form using developer control. I want to add in a 'button' for my participants to click so that the document will be automatically save and attached as a doc in a email software (such as outlook or gmail). How can I do this? You may want to ask this in a programming newsgroup such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general (in the Microsoft web interface you'll find this group at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.word.vba.general&lang=en&cr=US). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP ...

Encrypted e-mails
We have one of our customers whom requires all e-mails sent between our organization and theirs be encrypted. I have created Digital IDs for the users who deal with this customer. My question is the following: Is there a way to have a server based rule (Exchange Server 5.5) that will take an inbound encrypted message to one user and then forward it to another user (internal) without any encryption? Basically if one of our employees is out of the office we would like to be about to forward their e-mail to another employee. The issue is with the encrypted e-mail, the employee is not about t...

Send mail to secondary email address
Hello, Is it possible to send an email to the secondary email address of a CRM contact? If a customer wants a email from us to his business and private mail address, we do not want to create two contacts for that. Instead we would like to enter the private as secondary email address (3 mail fields are available out of the box) and put that in the CC. The problem is, that the mailaddres is "parsed" to the contact, so the mail gets to the primary again. Is there a way to force CRM to send to the primary and cc to the secondary (or even ONLY to the secondary?) What else would the se...

Windows Mail
I can receive but not send. Each time I try to send it keeps trying to dial-up first. I do not have dial-up. "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DBF5C80-0710-434A-A817-7CF3595402E0@microsoft.com... >I can receive but not send. Each time I try to send it keeps trying to > dial-up first. I do not have dial-up. Go to the Tools Menu>Accounts>select your account>Properties button>Connections tab, remove the check mark from "Always connect using", Apply>OK. WM will now use any available connection. -...

Can I create and syncronize alternate calendars on my pocket PC?
I use ActiveSync to syncronize my Home PC and Work PC with my PocketPC. Can I also create and synchronize these alternate calendars on my PocketPC and home/work PC? ActiveSync only syncs the default calendar. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM New Poll: What type of emai...

outgoing e-mail confirmation pop-up box
I need to learn how to turn on the pop-up box that shows the # of e-mails being send (and then the number being received), the server(s) being used, etc. when you push the send/receive button on Outlook's e-mail screen. Somebody checked the "hide" box on that pop-up, and now there is just a note that pops up in the lower right corner of my Outlook screen that says "Mail delivery complete" and two rotating envelopes to indicate that mail is being sent. I need the additional data provided by the pop-up box. I have tried clicking on the down arrow next to the no...

How to Restrict Outlook to send mail only within my company domain
Is there a feature, rule, tool, add-in, or macro that will ask me to confirm before I send email outside my comany? On more than one occassion, I meant to send private messages to person@mycompany.com and outlook autocomplete sent it to person@anothercompany.com instead. So is there a way to prescan outgoing messages and pop up an 'are you sure' message box if there is any addressee not in the mycompany.com domain? Thanks in advance for any hints. ...

Public folder e-mail problem
I'm running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2000 server and periodically sees problem with e-mail enabled public folder. If an e-mail arrives for this public folder and for another mailbox user (2 recipients), the e-mail to public folder records event 1030 in the message tracking file. E-mail to the mailbox user goes through fine with event 1028. I'm seeing this behavior once or twice in a week. Event Trace: 1019, 1025, 1024, 1033, 1036, 1023, 1030(PF)/1028(normal user) Can any one tell me the cause behind this and how to resolve it? Any way to debug the problem. On Fri, 29 Jul ...