Allowing programs to send e-mail

My program is trying to send e-mail messages.  The recipient list varies
from one message to the next.

Every time my program executes
       objMessage.Recipients.Resolve
I get an Outlook message box with the following text:
       A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in
       Outlook.   Do you want to allow this?

       If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should chose "No".

Every time my program executes
       objMessage.Send False
I get  an Outlook message box with the following text:
       A program is trying to automatically send on your behalf.
       Do you want to allow this?

       If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should chose "No".

In both cases manual intervention is required to click the program's Yes
button.
This drastically slows down what is supposed to be an automatic response -
and
it is very inconvenient keeping some one at the server just to click the Yes
button.

How can I tell Outlook that this program is ALLOWED to look at my addresses
and to send e-mail?

Outlook on the server where the e-mailing program runs is 2000 SR-1
(9.0.0.4527).

I am the backup admin on the server with this problem.  I forwarded your
response to
the primary admin, and in the morning he & I will discuss it.  Given the
purpose and
usage of this server, this sounds like a solution.

Thanks for the info.

"Cheryl Fischer" <cherylfischer@msn.com> wrote in message
> Questions regarding the Outlook Security prompt are asked very frequently.
> The most complete answer has been provided by Outlook MVP Sue Mosher and
is
> as follows:
>

> "The security dialogs that pop up when an application tries to access
> certain Outlook properties and methods are designed to inhibit the spread
of
> viruses via Outlook; see
> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec. If you are a
standalone
> user, Outlook provides no way to suppress this behavior. However, you can
> use a free tool called Express ClickYes
> (http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html) to click the security
> dialog buttons automatically. Beware that this means if a virus tries to
> send mail using Outlook or gain access to your address book, it will
> succeed.
>
> "If you're the administrator in an Exchange Server environment, you can
> reduce the impact of the security prompts with administrative tools. See
> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm
>
> "If it's an application you wrote yourself, you can use one of these
> approaches to redo the program:
>
>     -- Use Extended MAPI (see http://www.slipstick.com/dev/mapi.htm) and
C++
> or Delphi; this is the most secure method and the only one that Microsoft
> recommendeds.
>
>     -- Use Redemption (http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/), a third-party
> COM library that wraps around Extended MAPI but parallels the Outlook
Object
> Model
>
>     -- Use SendKeys to "click" the buttons on the security dialogs that
your
> application may trigger. See
> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec for a link to sample
> code.
>
>     -- Program the free Express ClickYes
> (http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html) tool to start
suspended
> and turn it on only when your program needs to have the buttons clicked
> automatically."
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com
> Author of
>      Microsoft Outlook Programming: Jumpstart
>      for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>      http://www.slipstick.com/books/jumpstart.htm
>
> END OF QUOTED MATERIAL
>

> --
> Cheryl Fischer
> Law/Sys Associates
> Houston, TX
>
> "Bill Burwell" <William.Burwell@Unisys.com> wrote in message
> > My program is trying to send e-mail messages.  The recipient list varies
> > from one message to the next.
> >
> > Every time my program executes
> >        objMessage.Recipients.Resolve
> > I get an Outlook message box with the following text:
> >        A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in
> >        Outlook.   Do you want to allow this?
> >
> >        If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should chose
"No".

> > Every time my program executes
> >        objMessage.Send False
> > I get  an Outlook message box with the following text:
> >        A program is trying to automatically send on your behalf.
> >        Do you want to allow this?
> >
> >        If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should chose
"No".

> > In both cases manual intervention is required to click the program's Yes
> > button.
> > This drastically slows down what is supposed to be an automatic
response -
> > and
> > it is very inconvenient keeping some one at the server just to click the
> Yes
> > button.
> >
> > How can I tell Outlook that this program is ALLOWED to look at my
> addresses
> > and to send e-mail?
> >
> > Outlook on the server where the e-mailing program runs is 2000 SR-1
> > (9.0.0.4527).

Contacts in Live Mail
In Outlook Express, the Address book can have more than one group, each with various contacts such as friends in UK, or USA or certain shops so that in sending e-mails, I can select from with specific groups, specific addresess BUT with Live Mail, that appears not to be possible. How do I set up various groups with individual addresses so I can select from those groups as required ? I do not want to have to scoll thru hundreds of addresses each time. -- Ron In WLM, groups are called "Categories" You can create categories, and add your contacts to them. But they a...

Send from Word
When I hit the send button in Word or Excell I get a pop up that say choose profile with Outlook in the drop down. That is the only name in the drop down. If I hit OK I get the following Message. The MAPI Spooler could not be started. Close and then restartall mail-enabled applications.MAPI 103 (0000004C7) If I choose to set up a new profile I get a Microsoft Exchange Setup Wizard. As I try to setup a new profile I come to the following, The following unrecoverable error has occured: The .DLL file for this service is either damaged or could not be found. Any ideas? Doug, What versi...

How do I send email?
I have an MFC service application that runs unattended. I want my program to automatically send a simple email message when certain errors occur. I would pre-configure the desired email address. How do I automatically send the email? Is there a simple class I can get from somewhere? You will need to use MAPI to send emails. Do a search and you will find tons of examples. Look here (make sure to filter by language) http://www.codeproject.com/info/search.aspx?artkw=send+email AliR. "TonyG" <TonyG@junk.com> wrote in message news:4Z0qj.7272$Rg1.2034@nlpi068.nbdc.sbc.com......

Does Outlook 2003 allow multiple Exchange accounts?
Hi, I was wondering if Microsoft figured out a way to have more than one Exchange accounts in Outlook 2003? I realize that I can have multiple Exchange accounts in Outlook 2002 provided that I set them up as POP3 or IMAP. I'm talking about having multiple pure Exchange accounts w/ calendar and everthing. Thanks, Sam Nope. Only 1 Exchange account is still supported when working against 2 or more sites. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Sam" <sam@iqinternet.com> wrote in message news:e1sEVVao...

XML 2004 Program Expands -- Reigster Today!
XML 2004 Program Expands -New Exhibitors, Atom Hackathon, Interop Demos, XML Artwork, and more... XML Conference & Exposition 2004 November 15-19, 2004 Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington, DC http://www.xmlconference.org Don't miss your opportunity to participate in the largest XML event this year. A number of new exhibitors are participating - check out the growing list at: http://www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/2004/exhibitors.html The late-breaking and product presentations have just been announced. See: http://www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/2004/schedule.html for more...

Restoring Money data after reinstall of program
How can I restore Money 2004 data files that were backed up to a floppy disk after I reinstall the Money 2004 software? I'm confused because when you reinstall the software it asks you for account information. Would I have to type in the accounts exactly like I originally did? In microsoft.public.money, Mike wrote: >How can I restore Money 2004 data files that were backed >up to a floppy disk after I reinstall the Money 2004 >software? I'm confused because when you reinstall the >software it asks you for account information. Would I >have to type in the ac...

Disappearing internet mail
Hi (again) Many of the users in my customer's Exchange 5.5 organisation are complaining of non-receipt of internet e-mail (incoming) or non-delivery of internet mail (outgoing). This is apparently random, some mails from one person will get through, others from the same mailbox won't. Sometimes it's mails with attachments, sometimes not. The destination or sending domain names are many and varied. When I track the outgoing messages they are SMTP Outbound Transferred within the same minute they they are sent out of the mailbox so I'm suspecting the Mailsweeper boxes. Trouble ...

program mailboxes
What is the best way to setup program mailboxes like Widget22support@acme.com? In Exchange 2003 I would need to create an user account that no one logs in with for each mailbox, but we have a security policy to automatically disable user accounts that is not logged in for 2 months. The problem is when the user is disabled the mail delivery is also disabled. How can I get around that? Hello Jim, Using the Advanced Features from the View menu in Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUnC), open the disabled user account properties and navigate to the Exchange Advanced tab and click ...

Red X inside box when sending photos
Sometimes, when I send a photo by e-mail, it only shows a red X inside a box and will not open. I don't know if it is a frormat problem or what. What do you think? Dale allsee@alltel.net ...

field service allow setup of cycle charge allowed up to
Field service needs to allow the setup in meter readings to have an amount for each meter reading that is not charged versus just a maximum in the base field. For instance the customer each meter reading gets the first 1000 cycles at no charge and .05 per cycle over the allowance. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsre...

Outlook ask before sending
Everytime I have created a new message or I'm answering one, Outlook will ask me if it's ok that a program is trying to access my contacts. This is very annoying, please help me anyone - how do I remove this! -- The patient Have you installed any third party apps that might be trying to interface with Outlook? "Kirkebjerg" <Kirkebjerg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95CB941C-FE5E-4FA3-8E15-8CB120F39C4D@microsoft.com... > Everytime I have created a new message or I'm answering one, Outlook will > ask > me if it's ok that a progra...

Entire Active Directory visible when Allowing Users to Edit Ranges
Excel XP on Windows 2000. TS Environment running Citrix. Following Problem: Tools - Protection - Allow user to edit ranges - new - permissions - add. This provides a list of the ENTIRE active directory of the domain. Where is the switch to turn this off or to limit the access? Am I in the right newsgroup even? Any hints will be greatly appreciated. ...

Outlook mail attachments
I have just switched to Outlook rather than outlook express and cannot get attachments to e-mails to show on an 'attachment' line in the header. They keep showing as icons in the document. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks. Switch to HTML or Plain Text format. Outlook Rich Text will place the icons in the body of the message. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding not answer: sjanmcl <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I hav...

how do I set up e-mails to got out once a month
I need help I need to set up e-mail blasters to go out once a month - How do I set this up? K K <K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need help I need to set up e-mail blasters to go out once a month - > How do I set this up? http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms/skedrpt.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

read only form allows date to change
I have a form that I open in read only that has a calendar popup for the date fields. When I open the form the calendar pop up allows the date to be changed. The rest of the fields are read only. Any suggestions. Thanks Private Sub ViewActivityNote_Click() On Error GoTo Err_ViewActivityNote_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "FRM - Activity Note" stLinkCriteria = "[activitynoteid]=" & Me![activitynoteid] DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria, acFormReadOnly Exit_ViewActivityNote_Click: Exi...

Send and Receive Repetition
When I send an e-mail (even to myself as a test), hit Send and Receive... This task get repeated on, and on multiple times like it's stuck in a repeating loop. Sending one message gererates 16 or more 'tasks'in the 'Outlook Send/Receive Progress' message box. I tryed Detect and repair to no avail. Thanks in advance, Tom ...

Can't Disable Send/Receive Progress Box
I cannot disable the "Send/Receive Progress" box in Outlook 2000. I put a check in the "Don't show this dialog box during send/receive" option, but it does not take effect. So each time I send/receive mail, I have to take action to close this dialog box. This is a real pain. I have two mail accounts; one is a POP3 account, the other is an HTTP account. I've tried disabling one account or the other, to no avail. Now I am hoping that someone can provide a solution, even if it means editing the registry. Your help will be greatly appreciated. ...

Mail sent to users not in active directory (recipient filtering and tar pitting)
Background: We have windows server 2003 SP1 running exchange server 2003 SP2, and we have Sunbelt Ninja configured to use the RBL (zen.spamhaus.org) and SPF (don't allow result hard fail, allow results pass, neutral, no rule, soft fail, unknown rule, and unknown mechanism). We receive a lot of e-mails directed to usernames that don't exist on our exchange server. We would like to block those at the SMTP connection step, rather than accept the SMTP connection and then issue NDR's to the supposed (usually faked if the e-mail was spam) return address. Questions: Is it currently...

How could I know when any program launchs?
Hi. In fact, I want to hook any program. The program's file is 'LOOK.EXE'. I want to know next: 1. that time when LOOK.EXE is loaded. 2. that time when LOOK.EXE is opened. (by WriteFile or OpenFile). (In fact, I need to hook LOOK.EXE) I have not to use Kernel-mode. How could I do it? You might want to take a look at this information: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms632589.aspx Tom "keandi" <keandi@lycos.co.kr> wrote in message news:1181017204.425144.139550@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi. > > In fact, I want to hook any program. &...

unable to Send/Receive mails in Microsoft Outlook2003
Hi, I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2003 in Windows XP professional OS, I'm unable to send/receive messages.When I click the send/receive button ,I get the error message "You have no appropriate permissons to perform this operation".Plz help to fix this issue. With Regards, Ramesh.C mail2rames@yahoo.com <mail2rames@yahoo.com> wrote: > I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2003 in Windows XP professional > OS, I'm unable to send/receive messages.When I click the send/receive > button ,I get the error message "You have no appropriate perm...

Program trying to access e-mail addresses #2
I recently installed Office SP-3. Since the installation, whenever Word is opened as my mail editor I get the message: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" If I turn off Word as my mail editor, I do not get the message. Has anyone else had this problem or know what I can do to get rid of the message? I have done a complete virus scan with up to date virus definitions. Thanks It's probably not word. It's probably an add-in that you have running in Word. Do you have Adobe's add-in for Word load...

NUL characters are not allowed
Hi, We have install the exchange 2003 and we are encountering intermitten problem when sending email to internet (only to a certain email domain other are alright). When that happens, we receive a "NUL characters ar not allowed" error. <mail.anonymous.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Requested action not taken: NU characters are not allowed.> This error usually happens when we reply to a certain email domain. When this happens, we would retry 2 or 3 times, it usually i successfully after 2 or 3 tries. It only affects a small number of email domain. Other email domain ha no problem. H...

CAsyncSocket's Send and Receive
Hello, Is it possible that a client sends data to a server (both using CAsyncSocket) and that the server is receiving the message in parts (so multiple calls to OnReceive are needed to get the full message) ? "RAN" <nijenhuis@wish.nl> wrote in message news:1188157359.004167.224900@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > Is it possible that a client sends data to a server (both using > CAsyncSocket) and that the server is receiving the message in parts > (so multiple calls to OnReceive are needed to get the full message) ? > Yes, that is normal for all...

Import messages from Windows Mail to Outlook 2002?
I need to switch from Windows Mail to Outlook 2002. I have been able to export and import contacts and calendars, but can't see how to export messages or groups from Mail. Do I have to upgrade to a later Outlook? If you want to use a supported version of Outlook, then yes, you'll need to upgrade to either Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007. Outlook 2002 has known compatibility issues with Windows Vista which will not be addressed since Outlook 2002 is out of mainstream support for quite some time now. One of the most notable issues is that Outlook will not remember you passwo...

Payroll should allow concurrent builds by different users
In a company that is heavy payroll, all checks are processed in the same day but by different users for different subsets of employees. Allowing concurrent builds would be nice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolution...