all future times changed

I open up Outlook this morning and found all future appts recurring and one
time now span two days! My jaw is bruised from hitting the table and I have
no idea how to f ix this short of editing every item by hand. What could
have caused this?

0
mackro (2)

Are you in North America? Did you run the DST patch on your O/S or from
Automatic Updates? Did you remember to run the Outlook DST patch?

--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"r0nbo" wrote:

> I open up Outlook this morning and found all future appts recurring and one
> time now span two days! My jaw is bruised from hitting the table and I have
> no idea how to f ix this short of editing every item by hand. What could
> have caused this?

0
KOrland1 (1012)
3/12/2007 2:10:26 PM
I assume that Automatic Updates did any patching needed but I found
yesterday that it also turned off the DST box in the calendar so had to fix
that. As for an Outlook patch I didnt know there was a specific one for it.
I have manually went through all the appts and changed them all back. Many
were starting at 1am instead of 12am and running for 24 hours which made
them cover 2days on the list. Others I just had to go to recurring and
resave them as the times were correct. Then I had to change all the holidays
which was easy except for Easter which is never on the same day. Next year
is the last Easter in the calendar anyway. Add holidays doesnt do Easter
beyond 2008 I dont think.

"K. Orland" <KOrland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Are you in North America? Did you run the DST patch on your O/S or from
> Automatic Updates? Did you remember to run the Outlook DST patch?
>
> --
> Kathleen Orland
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>

> "r0nbo" wrote:
>
>> I open up Outlook this morning and found all future appts recurring and
>> one
>> time now span two days! My jaw is bruised from hitting the table and I
>> have
>> no idea how to f ix this short of editing every item by hand. What could
>> have caused this?

0
mackro (2)
3/12/2007 2:20:05 PM
for holidays:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/missinghol.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"r0nbo" <mackro@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>I assume that Automatic Updates did any patching needed but I found
>yesterday that it also turned off the DST box in the calendar so had to fix
>that. As for an Outlook patch I didnt know there was a specific one for it.
>I have manually went through all the appts and changed them all back. Many
>were starting at 1am instead of 12am and running for 24 hours which made
>them cover 2days on the list. Others I just had to go to recurring and
>resave them as the times were correct. Then I had to change all the
>holidays which was easy except for Easter which is never on the same day.
>Next year is the last Easter in the calendar anyway. Add holidays doesnt do
>Easter beyond 2008 I dont think.
>
> "K. Orland" <KOrland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Are you in North America? Did you run the DST patch on your O/S or from
>> Automatic Updates? Did you remember to run the Outlook DST patch?
>>
>> --
>> Kathleen Orland
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>>

>> "r0nbo" wrote:
>>
>>> I open up Outlook this morning and found all future appts recurring and
>>> one
>>> time now span two days! My jaw is bruised from hitting the table and I
>>> have
>>> no idea how to f ix this short of editing every item by hand. What could
>>> have caused this?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
3/12/2007 3:48:44 PM
TZMove.exe is the patch for Outlook 2000 and up (older versions are not
supported). You can obtain it here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931667/en-us

--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"r0nbo" wrote:

> I assume that Automatic Updates did any patching needed but I found
> yesterday that it also turned off the DST box in the calendar so had to fix
> that. As for an Outlook patch I didnt know there was a specific one for it.
> I have manually went through all the appts and changed them all back. Many
> were starting at 1am instead of 12am and running for 24 hours which made
> them cover 2days on the list. Others I just had to go to recurring and
> resave them as the times were correct. Then I had to change all the holidays
> which was easy except for Easter which is never on the same day. Next year
> is the last Easter in the calendar anyway. Add holidays doesnt do Easter
> beyond 2008 I dont think.
>
> "K. Orland" <KOrland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Are you in North America? Did you run the DST patch on your O/S or from
> > Automatic Updates? Did you remember to run the Outlook DST patch?
> >
> > --
> > Kathleen Orland
> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> >

> > "r0nbo" wrote:
> >
> >> I open up Outlook this morning and found all future appts recurring and
> >> one
> >> time now span two days! My jaw is bruised from hitting the table and I
> >> have
> >> no idea how to f ix this short of editing every item by hand. What could
> >> have caused this?

0
KOrland1 (1012)

prompting to save workbook every time (even when no changes made)
i have 3 workbooks all very similar and every single time i open any o them, even when not changing anything, i am prompted to save th thing. its so bad that i can literally open the workbook then click the clos button straight away and it STILL prompts me to save it because i seems to think something has changed. as far as i can see i dont have any macros or anything that will ru every time it starts and change something (i did have a = today in on cell which kept the date as today but taking this out made n difference -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Neowok! You prob...

Conditional Formatting within a Time Sheet
Can someone help me with this one: I am using a Excel time sheet with input in time format. I would like a formula that can extract out the minuets and dived it in to three categories: 1-10 minutes and 31-40 minutes conditional formatting in red color 11-20 minutes and 41-50 minutes conditional formatting in yellow color 21-30 minutes and 51-59 minutes conditional formatting in green color. Example: Time 02.08.00 should be stript down to 00.08.00 and then color the cell in red. I assume that if minute is 0 it should be green, so effectively 51-60 to be consistent with the othe...

Date/Time format
I'm trying to plot some information that comes from a webpage as two columns of data - the first column is the time/date of the event (mm/dd/yy hh:mm:ss) and the second column is the value of the transaction. I simply highlight the part of the table I want to import from the website and copy it to an Excel sheet. Although the data looks good in the spreadsheet (date and time with a space between) when I plot that information I get either the time or the date, but not both. If I use the mm/dd/yy hh:mm:ss format, I get the dates ok, but the times are all 00:00. Any ideas? Thanks steve mcalil...

View/Change Pivot Table Query
I am currently using Excel 2003. I would like to look at a PivotTable's SQL Query, but unsure on how to do this. I did find one posting with a VBA solution, so I tried it. I get the following error: 'Unable to get the Pivot Tables property of the worksheet class' Below is the source code Sub Get_PT_Source_Code() Dim pvtTable As PivotTable Dim index As Integer Set pvtTable = ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable") With pvtTable.PivotCache Debug.Print .CommandText 'the SQL Query Debug.Print .Connection 'th...

Future
As MS is closing the NewsGroups in favour of the "Forums", I'm wondering in which Forum the users of WinMail might meet again in the future. The process of killing the NGs is progressive. The majority of the German groups does no longer exist and the rest is reduced day by day. {siiigh} I could not yet detect a forum which would fit for WinMail. Does anybody know more than poor Me? TIA Rainald Microsoft has recommended the following replacement forum: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/vistanetworking/threads Gary VanderMolen, Micro...

Spontaneous Character Change
I have had a problem with the special characters spontaneously changing on my keyboard. This has happened in Word, WordPad and Internet Explorer (probably more programs, but I haven't checked more yet). The characters I am talking about are: `~[{]}\|,<.>/?. that show up as: /\^¨çÇàÀ,’.”éÉ. All other characters appear normal. They will stay remapped until spontaneously they change back; usually after quiting the program and going back to them later. Right now, the characters in WordPad are changed, but not in this message and not in Wor...

Changing multiple appointment times
I have hundreds of appointments and would like to move them back one hour. I know there is a link in microsofts support site that lets you change the time zone without changing appointment times. However, recurring appointments are not supported by that method. Does anyone know of a way to move all my appointments back one hour? ...

CONTEXT_INFO
Hi, We're thinking about using CONTEXT_INFO to pass username to the audit trail triggers. Is this wise? Are there any plans to deprecate CONTEXT_INFO in a future version? Can anyone confirm that it's still in 2010 (and not deprecated)? The other option would be to add username as a field to every table and pass it in all stored procs. Any opinions as to which is better? And anyone got any other clever ideas as to how to pass username to audit trail triggers? We are not using delegation. N.B. We are using many tableadapters on the app so will not have a centralised place...

date & time
how to input time & date real to a worksheet for agin report The function =NOW() will return the current date and time. You can format it with any of the date and time formats. "nde" <nde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81BDF4B2-77CD-439A-9FA7-F3F9F83938E0@microsoft.com... > how to input time & date real to a worksheet for agin report ...

How can I sort 4 fields at a time
I have to sort by country: within country by category: within category by Product: within product by order date! My book says I must make 2 passes? How do I do this and have all the information still match to where it belongs. Using a helper column, you can CONCATENATE two columns together (then do Copy > PasteSpecial > Values to get rid of the formulas), and when you sort using that helper column it acts like sorting on 2 columns at once..... hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Deb T" <Deb T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B42B157-CBB1-494F-B7AF-...

Future of Access
I keep hearing people say around my office that access is no longer supported? is this the case now?? have read some threads but are a few years old. I like access and will be disapointed if it is on the way out.... Of course it's not the case. Office 2010 was just released, and Access is in it, with brand new functionality. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "StuJol" <StuJol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECF011C6-26FE-4962-87A1-13BDF8655B0C@microsoft.com... >I keep hearing ...

Date and Time
I have three controls on a form (Appoinment Length, Appontment Time and Appointment End Time). The appointment time is set to Date/Time (Medium Time) and appointment length is set to Number (Field Size Double and Format Standard). I would like to add the appointment length to the appointment time and have an appointment end time. Thanks in advance -- AccessRAM On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 13:17:00 -0800, RAM wrote: > I have three controls on a form (Appoinment Length, Appontment Time and > Appointment End Time). The appointment time is set to Date/Time (Medium > Time) and appoint...

Windows in Great Plains take a long time to open
I have run into this a little before, but it seems to be getting worse. When you open a window in Great Plains 8.0 sp1, the processor utilization spikes to 90+ percent, and it can take 15-30 seconds to appear. During this time GP goes into it's non descript "not reponding" mode. I experience these same symptoms from the database sever as well, and it seems to apply to virtually all windows, altough the inquiry windows don't seem as bad. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks, Mark Meadows Some of my clients have had issues if Webshots is loaded or internet music is r...

Multiple Time Zones and the effects on All Day events in Outlook
Hello, I am working in a job that requires frequent travel between EST and MST time zones on a weekly basis. I like to switch the timezone on my system clock to account for which part of the country I am in. When I set up a calendar appointment for 9am while on EST, outlook will automatically set it to 7am when the system clock is switched to MST. This is good. However, any "All Day" appointments that I have set up (and I use this functionality alot) will also be pushed back two hours. This is not good, because outlook considers an "All Day" event to run from 1...

How do I save change saved jpeg resolution to 300dpi?
In Publisher, when I save my pages as jpgs, they always come out to 150 dpi. How do I change the resolution to commercial print 300 dpi? TymeWynds wrote: > In Publisher, when I save my pages as jpgs, they always come out to > 150 dpi. How do I change the resolution to commercial print 300 dpi? ============================= On the "Save As" screen when you choose JPEG...do you see a "Change" button appear? Click it and choose your resolution. -- John Inzer Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Noti...

Changing Field Names
Does anyone know how to modify the name of any fields in GP8, as there are some fields that we do not use, and do not affect anything, and we would like to start using these for other data. You can change the field label using modifier (so the user sees an appropriate description for expected data they should enter). Tools >> Customize >> Modify current window I think you also have the ability to change field names (using VB, I think) but I would advise against changing the actual field names because you may find yourself with extra work come time to upgrade, or you may lo...

Timing a function....
Hi, would anyone know how I would go about timing the execution of several functions with high precision..? Jon, > Hi, would anyone know how I would go about timing the execution of > several functions with high precision..? I wrote this little class for that ppose: ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// // CHRTimer class class CHRTimer { protected: LARGE_INTEGER m_liStartTickCount; LARGE_INTEGER m_liStopTickCount; public: CTimer() { } ~CTimer() { } void Start() { VERIFY(::QueryPerformanceCounter(&m_liStartTickCoun...

CRM v3.0
We have a customer who would like to change the font color of the Read Only fields. When a read only field is presented, they complain that the font color is too light. Where can I make this change - I'm pretty sure there is a CSS somewhere that I can edit. -- Carroll Little ...

how to change data in worksheet in text without confirming each s.
how to change data in worksheet in text without confirming each single cell with F2 One way to try: Select the column Click Data > Text to Columns > Finish -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Ronald" <Ronald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A237153C-3A76-4F04-BA0E-C4555F255E4C@microsoft.com... > how to change data in worksheet in text without confirming each single cell > with F2 ...

open boss's personal folders and mine at the same time
How do I setup my outlook2003 so I can have my boss's personal folders and mine, both open at the same time? Thanks. -- bic File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... But only one of you can have access to it at a time. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "bic" <bic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91D4AEDD-5752-40F5-B92B-CB416894801F@microsoft.com... > How do I setup my outlook2003 so I can have...

Time Convert
Hello, I have a database that I have been querying from my visual basic 6 program to take my access DB and convert it to excel. I use a multitude of SQL queries to get it to the format I desire, but i have a time column that has both the date and time within them. When I open the excel sheet, I only get the date displayed but the time is there I just have to reformat the column. Is there a way to query my Access database in such a way I only have the time and therefore wont see the date? Basically without knowing exactly what Im typing i have something as follows (which obviously doesnt wo...

Daylight Savings Time
I have just tried to set up my calendar in Outlook 2007 to show the start of daylight savings time in 2011 and 2012. The calendar will not allow me to set that for 0200 hours on March 13, 2011 or March 11, 2012. Very strange... Please tell me how to force that time. Thanks "tika409" <tika409@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7535C432-C306-4699-A64D-6400BB317419@microsoft.com... >I have just tried to set up my calendar in Outlook 2007 to show the start of > daylight savings time in 2011 and 2012. The calendar will not allow me to > set...

Start Time and End time it maybe for 1 day or it maybe for 2 days
Here is my sheet. I go out Jan 1 @21:00 and get back Jan 2 @09:00 then the next day out @09:00 and back in @21:00. Is there a way to write a formula that will do nothing if C2 is empty then go to the next Day ( C3 ) and count the hours for D3? at the same time if i was to go out and back in like cell B4 on the same day. So i need to have a formula to work for both in one cell and have it choose which one to use. Not sure how i would put it. Should i use IF, OR, AND. this one has me thinking. Who knows it just might be simple. Any ideas???? A B C ...

Change seconds in hours, minutes and seconds
Our telephone system records the total number of seconds used by a staff member. At the end of the day, I read the dial, convert the seconds into hours, minutes and seconds, record the answer into a spreadsheet. And then do the same for all 26 staff members. Is there any way that I can type the meter reading into a spreadsheet and then have the number of seconds automatically converted into HH:MM:SS? You need to divide the number of seconds by the number of seconds in a day, and format the cell for time. E.g., =A1/(60*60*24) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Soft...

how do I change format to percentage without multiplying by 100
I have imported ROI data for securities to Excel. However, when the ROI comes over, it is formatted as 1.3, instead of 1.3%. When I try to change to format to %, it automatically multiplies by 100 and I get 130%. "Fdn Girl" wrote: > I have imported ROI data for securities to Excel. > However, when the ROI comes over, it is formatted > as 1.3, instead of 1.3%. When I try to change to > format to %, it automatically multiplies by 100 and > I get 130%. You could use the Custom format `0.0\%` without quotes. But I think that is a poor idea. Note th...