After renaming a mailbox, Outlook only shows Inbox messages upto the name change time.

Hello,

Having a weird problem. I renamed a mailbox-enabled functional account
in active directory (display name, last name, DN) but I didn't change
the Exchange alias. Now when I add the mailbox as a delegate to my
folder list in Outlook, it only shows mail upto the time of the name
change in the Inbox. If I click on File - Open other user's folder and
choose the Inbox that way, it shows all the mail. Any idea? I've done
all the obvious things like creating a new profile, deleting the forms
cache, but no change.

Outlook 2003/XP with Exchange 2003.

Thanks,

- Alan.
0
bruguy (167)

accidentally emptied deleted items folder in microsoft outlook
Does anyone know a way to recover messages after accidentally emptying the deleted items folder in Microsoft Outlook? No I don't have a Microsoft exchange account, but I did backup prior to this on another drive. Problem is I have no idea how to pull out what I want from a single .pst file ??? I just want part of this, I don't want to restore the entire pst file. Damn it this should be easy, there should be an undo function for a period of time or I should be able to locate them in recycle bin or something. note I am running vista with office 2007 open the pst usi...

Outlook chokes on long Reference: headers
If I send a message with the following header (not wrapped) References: <6.0.0.22.2.20031020090321.083276d8@pop.sonic.net> <BDECLNDNFPMAAKOOBILLAEHEDEAA.xxxxx.yyyyyyy@vistabroadband.com> Outlook has some sort of buffer overflow - the "to:" field displays as "undisclosed recipients", and the first part of the e-mail body looks as follows: com> References: <6.0.0.22.2.20031020090321.083276d8@pop.sonic.net> <BDECLNDNFPMAAKOOBILLAEHEDEAA.xxxxx.yyyyyyy@vistabroadband.com> Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"...

Opening other users mailbox
We have a common mailbox that several users are supposed to access, but on some computers/users the "open other users folder" option is greyed out. Where can this be changed? Do they have appropriate permissions? Best practice is to assign permissions once to a security group and simply make anyone needing permissions a member of that group. The specific permissions required: 1) Send As 2) Receive As 3) Full Mailbox Access. Check this URL for a good explanation: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/e67725bb-8792-4bac-82aa-429fb6ecd8d9.m...

Outlook 2007
I have a number of students ask me how to Open an email message and then Save As using the Rich Text Format. In Outlook 2003, it was quite simple to open a message, go to Save As and then use the Save As Type option of Rich Text Format. That does not seem to be an option in Outlook 2007. Any suggestions? Jim (Learn iT! Software Training Instructor) In both versions, that's an option only for items that are in rich-text = format.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook ...

Outlook Express files
Hello All! I know this must be a FAQ but I can't seem to find the answer. Where are the files kept for the newsgroups? Thanks in advance and apologies! -- James Silverton Potomac, Maryland Email, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not In the message store right along with the other dbx files. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "James Silverton" <not.jim.silverton@verizon.net> wrote in message news:%23joq5YCdKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello All! > ...

Macro triggered when Data is changed and worksheet is deselected
Hi, I have a worksheet by the name "Raw Data". I want that if data in this worksheet is modified in any cell ( please note data only, not formats etc..) then if the user selects any other worksheet after changing data in "Raw Data" then a macro by the name Macro 1 should run. That is I want the macro to run only if the data is changed and ALSO only when the user leaves the particular worksheet. If s/he is working on "Raw Data" and switches to another workbook and switches back to worksheet "Raw Data" then the macro shouldnt run (Because user will be c...

need a tool to view individual mailboxes
Is there a tool that allows you to view the contents of an individual mailbox? Shane Outlook or OWA...what it is you're trying to accomplish? "Shane Jimerfield" <remove.sj@biologicaldiversity.org> wrote in message news:OCi7eeooEHA.3552@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is there a tool that allows you to view the contents of an individual > mailbox? > > Shane > > I want to be able to quickly view an index of a particular mailbox, and delete items if i need to. Shane >-----Original Message----- >Outlook or OWA...what it is you're trying to acco...

Uploading Inbox on the Internet mail server
When I first attempted to connect to my inbox Outlook deleted all my messages on Internet mail server, I want they to be there too, what I can do? Thanks. LevanM wrote: || When I first attempted to connect to my inbox Outlook deleted all my || messages on Internet mail server, I want they to be there too, what || I can do? || Thanks. Configure your email account to leave messages on the server. -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

Mailbox size
I have a user with a 215 MB mailbox(according to Outlook on different PCs) yet my Exchange 2K3 ESM says her mailbox is 366 MB. What's the recommendation to fix it...? Thanks, Tom... I would guess nothing. Exchange uses a different storage engine than PST files do so the file size might differ (an it usually does) from the size you see when looking at the mailbox in the ESM. J. "Tom Karpowski" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote in message news:ueWQN3w5KHA.5016@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have a user with a 215 MB mailbox(according to Outlook on d...

Outlook 2003
Hello, is it possible to disable e-mail client in Outlook and using it as a PIM only? -- Pozdrawiam Daniel http://www.openoffice.pl - darmowy odpowiednik pakietu MS Office http://www.mozillapl.org - narz�dzia internetowe "nie tylko dla or��w" If you remove all the email accounts, Outlook should act as a PIM since there's no mail coming in or going out. "Danny" <daluba@gmail.com> wrote in message news:onj2ngsfs19e$.dlg@the.bat.forever... > Hello, > is it possible to disable e-mail client in Outlook and using it as a PIM > only? Dnia Thu, 9 Oct 20...

Rename Server
I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which Exchange 2000 has been install onto, would this have an effect on exchange wayne The Exchange services won't start after a server rename. Build a new server with the new name and move the mailboxes to it. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "WB" <wmb2003@zoom.co.uk> wrote in message news:u5TGyDCpGHA.2360@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which >Exchange 2000 has been install onto, would this have ...

Inbox Repair Tool #12
I can't open Outlook. My pst file is corrupt (I think). Where do I find the repair tool? Before running the Inbox Repair Tool you should close all email, attachments, & calendars, then exit Outlook. To Run The Inbox Repair Tool: Click on the Start button, then Common Programs, then Accessories, then Administrative Tools, then Inbox Repair Tool BROWSE: When the Inbox Repair Tool window appears, click on the Browse button. SELECT FILE: This will open the Select File to Scan window. You should use this window to locate your outlook.pst file. The process of locating that file ...

Outlook Express 6 XPSP2 locks up while drag & dropping files.
Hi, To get I to someone that may bea ble to do something about it. (ie: bug report), I am posting this. The normal bug report process does not come up. It is very repeatable, while trying to drag and drop filess to a different folder, the program will lock up on certain emails that have content that requires one to accepting or reject do to security settings. If you are not already viewing the email trying to drag and drop it can cause this to happen. (In my case, it is an eBay generated email that I have previously viewed and am trying to sort to folders so I can find it e...

Cant add user mailboxes anymore
Hi Im having huge trouble with our Exchange 2003 SP1. In ADUC i cant access the mailbox rights button anymore. Also, i cant add or create a user mailbox with the Exchange Task Wizard in the ADUC, when i create a new user account and check the "create exchange mailbox" the Mailbox Store dropdown menu is emty, and i cant continue. When i try to access a existing users mailbox rights button in the exchange advanced tab i ADUC i get a error message: **************************************** Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension There is no such object on the server. Facil...

full mailbox permission
Hello all Exchange 2007 sp2. If I grant a user full mailbox access to another mailbox, can that user who was granted full mailbox access send emails as that user? is the "send as right" included when full mailbox access have been granted? sawyer <occompguy@cox.net> wrote: > Hello all > > Exchange 2007 sp2. If I grant a user full mailbox access to another > mailbox, can that user who was granted full mailbox access send > emails as that user? is the "send as right" included when full > mailbox access have been granted? No, it'...

Can't open private folder from Outlook 2002
My PC was upgraded and the .pst file was copied to the new machine. When I tried to open the folder (File, Open, Outlook Data file, and click the .pst file) , I get a pop-up window with the message 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again'. But this is a new machine with much faster speed and memory. When I tried to define the folder (Tools, Options, Mail set up, Data files , open Files.., and click the .pst file) a window pop-up prompting me to open it from a list of programs. If I select Outlook then another pop-up window appeared w...

how do i rename a sheet if the rename tab is inactive?
I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option is inactive when i right-clicked on the sheet. How do i make it active ? Hi, This would happen if the 'workbook' was protected. Tools|Protection|Unprotect workbook -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Nelson" wrote: > I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option > is inactive when i right-clicked on the ...

Outlook 2003 Add-in: Holiday Updates
how do i get Outlook 2003 Add-in: Holiday Updates See if the info here helps: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/missinghol.htm "david" <david@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FE131F9-F9D0-4DB2-B49C-28B61B73173E@microsoft.com... > how do i get Outlook 2003 Add-in: Holiday Updates ...

mailbox move #4
Hello, Installed Exch2003 into our existing site (5.5) and have started moving mailboxes. Have moved approx. 30 with no issues, but I moved a user and she now has a mailbox in both servers (2003 & 5.5). She is receiving internal emails no problem but external emails are going to her 5.5 mailbox which she doesn't access. Any help would be appreciataed. Try to run the move mailbox wizard against her mailbox again and see if that clears this problem up. That used to fix some problems like this in Exchange 5.5, but I have not seen it in 2003. -- Jim McBee - MostlyExchange Blog: ...

Returning moved mails from Mailbox-folder
I am using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and I accidentally moved some mails to "Mailbox"-folder instead of "Mailbox->Inbox"-folder. Is there any possibility to return those mails from Mailbox-folder or are they lost for ever? Sure, you can get them back. Right click on the folder (you'll see outlook today come up when you select it) and choose properties. Turn off the folder home page on the Folder Home page tab, move the mail then repeat the steps to turn it back on. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ ...

Outlook shutting down without notice
I'm having problems with some of our Outlook users. The problem they are having is that when they select email messages to view, outlook may shutdown without giving any errors or messages. Some days it would do it 3-4 times a day and sometimes it wont happen at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Kao ...

Change default sort order
Every object in my Navigation Pane is sorted 'Ascending.' This seems to be the default setting. I want to sort 'Descending' (on date created or modified) in order to bring the most recent object to the top of the Navigation Pane for tables, forms, queries and reports. I can't find anywhere in Access Option a place to make this change. Is this possible? How? VBA code? Ed This is a report forum so I can only assume you want to set the sorting of records in a report. Do this using the Sorting and Grouping dialog. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "OldManEd&...

Convert Outlook 2002 email messages & contacts to Outlook Express 6
I am needing to "downgrade" and go back to using Outlook Express instead of OL2002. Is there a way to save all my email messages (and sub folders of emails) a well as Contacts so Outlook Express can read/import them? Using XP Pro. Thanks OE can import your messages directly. For Contacts, you'll need to export to a format OE can import. CSV works best for most users. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "��" <news@kidsnews.au.org> wrote in message news:419c7b9a$0$117$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... >I am needing to "downgrade" and go back to usi...

Applescripting Track Changes and the Document Background
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, <br> &nbsp;&nbsp;I generally edit with track changes on and the changes hidden. This means that I don't notice when I forget to turn tracking back on and I might edit 10 or 20 pages before I realize that I'm not tracking. Therefore, I would like to create a flag that will clearly indicate that tracking is on or off, the little button at the bottom of the screen is not enough. I think changing the background of the document would be enough. I've put together an applescript that works per...

Strange problem with outlook 2007.
Hello I have a problem with ms outlook 2007 under Windows Vista 32-bit. When i'm trying to retrieve mail, nothing happens and in the event log appears an entry like that: <Event xmlns='http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/ event'><System><Provider Name='Outlook'/><EventID Qualifiers='16384'>32</EventID><Level>4</Level><Task>0</ Task><Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords><TimeCreated SystemTime='2009-10-28T11:03:31.000Z'/><EventRecordID>18565</ EventRecordID><Ch...