After Installing WinXP Pro SP2 Connection to ISP Interrupted

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C48BFE.C1110A50

We just installed WinXP Pro SP2.  Now when Outlook 2002/XP tries to =
access e-mail, an error pops yup stating that my connection to the ISP =
has been interrupted.  Outlook for all 5 other computers on this network =
work fine after installing SP2.  Why doesn't this one?  And what can I =
do to eliminate the problem?

With kindest regards,

Mary

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C48BFE.C1110A50

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: "><LABEL id=3DHbSession=20
SessionId=3D"1877434079"></LABEL>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCourier>We just installed WinXP Pro SP2.&nbsp; Now =
when Outlook=20
2002/XP tries to access e-mail, an error pops yup stating that my =
connection to=20
the ISP has been interrupted.&nbsp; Outlook for all 5 other computers on =
this=20
network work fine after installing SP2.&nbsp; Why doesn't this =
one?&nbsp; And=20
what can I do to eliminate the problem?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCourier></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCourier>With kindest regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCourier></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCourier>Mary</FONT></DIV>
<P></P></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C48BFE.C1110A50--

0
Festive (2)

AA Mary <Festive@Comcast.net> wrote:

> We just installed WinXP Pro SP2.  Now when Outlook 2002/XP tries to
> access e-mail, an error pops yup stating that my connection to the
> ISP has been interrupted.  Outlook for all 5 other computers on this
> network work fine after installing SP2.  Why doesn't this one?  And
> what can I do to eliminate the problem?

Did you read all the information Microsoft published about what to watch out
for when installing SP2?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

------=_NextPart_000_0047_01C48DE3.19B8A380

  Hi, Brian.  I thought I did, but I could have missed something.  =
Whasyever was wrong somehow repaired itself.  Outklook 2002/XP e-mail is =
working fine now.

  All best,

  Mary

  "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message =
  > AA Mary <Festive@Comcast.net> wrote:
  >=20
  >> We just installed WinXP Pro SP2.  Now when Outlook 2002/XP tries to
  >> access e-mail, an error pops yup stating that my connection to the
  >> ISP has been interrupted.  Outlook for all 5 other computers on =
this
  >> network work fine after installing SP2.  Why doesn't this one?  And
  >> what can I do to eliminate the problem?
  >=20
  > Did you read all the information Microsoft published about what to =
watch out
  > for when installing SP2?
  > --=20
  > Brian Tillman

------=_NextPart_000_0047_01C48DE3.19B8A380

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: ">
<BLOCKQUOTE id=3D0><LABEL id=3DHbSession =
SessionId=3D"778311789"></LABEL>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DCourier>Hi, Brian.&nbsp; I thought I did, but I =
could have=20
  missed something.&nbsp; Whasyever was wrong somehow repaired =
itself.&nbsp;=20
  Outklook 2002/XP e-mail is working fine now.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DCourier></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DCourier></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DCourier>All best,</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DCourier></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DCourier>Mary</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Brian Tillman" &lt;</FONT><A=20
  href=3D"mailto:tillman1952@yahoo.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
  size=3D2>tillman1952@yahoo.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&gt; wrote in=20
  message </FONT><A =
href=3D"news:O4Rq$5DjEHA.3632@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl"><FONT=20
  face=3DArial =
size=3D2>news:O4Rq$5DjEHA.3632@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl</FONT></A><FONT=20
  face=3DArial size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
AA Mary=20
  &lt;</FONT><A href=3D"mailto:Festive@Comcast.net"><FONT face=3DArial=20
  size=3D2>Festive@Comcast.net</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&gt;=20
  wrote:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; We just installed WinXP Pro SP2.&nbsp; Now =
when=20
  Outlook 2002/XP tries to<BR>&gt;&gt; access e-mail, an error pops yup =
stating=20
  that my connection to the<BR>&gt;&gt; ISP has been interrupted.&nbsp; =
Outlook=20
  for all 5 other computers on this<BR>&gt;&gt; network work fine after=20
  installing SP2.&nbsp; Why doesn't this one?&nbsp; And<BR>&gt;&gt; what =
can I=20
  do to eliminate the problem?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Did you read all the =
information=20
  Microsoft published about what to watch out<BR>&gt; for when =
installing=20
  SP2?<BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; Brian Tillman<BR>&gt;</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
<P></P></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0047_01C48DE3.19B8A380--

0
Festive (2)

RE-Installing

Also Can't Install Latest Update

My IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2. IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works. Error below: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. Configuration: Account: Director Server: Server1 User name: AD\Director Protocol: IMAP Port: 143 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800cccd1 I realize the workaround is domain/username/alias for the Outlook Express username. That still fails. I even made the alias the same as the username. Also fails. This very same workstation can access the...

Making a tick box in filemaker pro database?
Dear group. I am currently creating a database to contain contact details for all my employers company friends and colleagues. I need to create check/tick boxes for certain categories. Can anyone advise me on how I may do this. I am hoping that it is a pretty simple thing, but I cannot seem to find any solutions within the help files. Can anyone advise? Would appreciate some assistance. ...

Value Pak Installer

Installation #4

Installer for my access application

COA sticker OEM XP Pro
Hi, A year or two ago I bought an OEM copy of XP PRO from a well-know retailer. Upon looking in the envelope now I see no COA anywhere. I see something called the COA barcode on the outside of the envelope..it's an XP Pro SP3 disk. Does anyone have any idea why no COA was included. Again I got if from where many think is the best place to buy this sort of thing - it has to be genuine, but I'm not undetstanding why there's no COA sticker. Any help appreciated. Lee What did this well-known retailer tell you when you asked them about this? goldtech wrote: > A year...

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Installing XP over Linux

CRM SBS install error

SBS 2003 R2 SP2
Hi, I am trying to solve this issue but nothing works to fix it. I see that 1058 and 1030 events are present in the event viewer after the daily backup (NTBACKUP). Three hours after the event viewer show multiple and continuous 333 events. When I started to fix this issue I found the server lost network connection and services due to a memory exhaust state. I have applied some fixes to this server and appear not to crash. I am using a combination of NTBACKUP and COBIAN BACKUP Boletus to do the system and data backups. The server model is HP Proliant ML350 G5 and Window...

problem in connecting to winsql
After defining the data source, the driver and the worksheet to be queried for excel files in Winsql, i am not able to run the query. i am getting and error Error: The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object 'book1'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly. (State:S0002, Native Code: FFFFFAE7) where book1 is the workbook selected... Plz tell me how the query is executed -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com ...

Issue installing KB916803
Hi, I currently have a problem trying to install the above hotfix. I am trying to test this hotfix with Exchange 2003 server running SP2. I have downloaded the SP2 version of the hotfix from MS, but when I try to run it on my Exchange BE server, I get an error back telling me that the version of Exchange I have is too old, and that I need to install SP2 (even though that is what is installed)! I have tried reinstalling SP2, which didnt fix the problem. I then tried installing on a FE server, which had the same issue. I have now tried this in four different E2k3 SP2 servers, and all ...

Internet Printing: Printer Installation Failed. The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform
Hi. I have a SBS 2003 machine, I have 2 shared printers set up on it for remote users to print via IPP. Both printers are connected to Windows XP workstations. When I browse to https://servername/printers, I see all the printers. I can use the Connect link to install one of the printers on my workstation however if I select the second printer and click on Connect I eventually get the error: Printer Installation Failed The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform. Please contact your administrator to install proper driver files on the server. I've v...

client installation
i have installed crm 3 server and it working fine. when i try to install the client i get this message :Action microsoft.crm.setup.client.installabpaction failed exception from hresult:08004010f can you help please gil Gil; What version of windows/outlook is installed? Which version of the outlook client are you installing (laptop or desktop)? Are you installing from the CD, or across a network share? At what point does it fail? Dave "Gil Gilon" <Gil Gilon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07D48A61-81B4-4B1C-BF43-9A45A01C5BB7@microsoft.com... &g...

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO INSTALL SPELL CHECK?
Go to www.c360.com. You can download a small spellcheck "add-on" that works with iespell. It's free and it works well. Regards, John ...

Excel won't start after install
After installing office XP excell goes through the motions but never actually starts...help Jon, Try the following: Go to the Windows Start menu, choose Run, and enter Excel.exe /regserver -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:010701c3aad2$20f75500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After installing office XP excell goes through the > motions but never actually starts...help ...

Excel 2003 installation error
I have been using my PC with excel program for 3 years and when I tried to open an excel spreadsheat today and it would not open. "Installation error: file not found" appeared. File not found was SKU011.CAB and I have not been able to reinstall as I don't have the installation CD as I bought the PC second hand with programs on it. Can anyone help? If you have access to another computer you could save the file from one computer to a disc and copy it in to the appropriate file folder in the computer with the error. "derk22" wrote: > I have been using my PC wit...

installing updates. Never ends
when i did a restart, windows notified me it was installing updates and not to turn off the power as windows would restart itself. I keep getting a message the 2 of 3 updates installed. next says do not turn off computer.\\ well what do I do when the update never ends? TIA Snooky wrote: > when i did a restart, windows notified me it was installing updates > and not to turn off the power as windows would restart itself. > > I keep getting a message the 2 of 3 updates installed. next says > do not turn off computer.\\ > > well what do I do when the...

Office 2004 Mac install issue
Hi, Just visited a client with the following setup: 1 x brand new G5 iMac running Mac OS 10.4 1 x 2nd hand eMac 1 x copy of teacher version (3 licences) of Office 2004 Mac. The install on the iMac was faultless. The eMac is a different issue. As it was 2nd Hand we restored it to "out of the box" with the supplied DVD's (no old data remained on the machine). That brought it to 10.3.9. we then upgraded it to 10.4 using a fresh copy bought by the client. Trying to install Office the following happened. Using the setup assistant, the first screen was OK (telling us to be logge...