After a power failure I lost all my info in outlook

I rebooted after a power failure and my inbox, Calendar, Tasks and contacts
have all disappeared. Where are they?

0
dermot1 (45)

They're stored in a file with a .PST extension.  Search your hard drive for
all .PST files and make sure you search in hidden and system folders if you
use Windows 2000 or XP.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:%23xn8k9K3EHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
singapore tom wrote:

> I rebooted after a power failure and my inbox, Calendar, Tasks and
> contacts have all disappeared. Where are they?

I found only one and it was a GTD (Getting things Done file) a trial add on
programme to outlook
"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in
message news:uCRtCrM3EHA.2608@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> They're stored in a file with a .PST extension.  Search your hard drive
> for all .PST files and make sure you search in hidden and system folders
> if you use Windows 2000 or XP.
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
> reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>

> In news:%23xn8k9K3EHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> singapore tom wrote:
>
>> I rebooted after a power failure and my inbox, Calendar, Tasks and
>> contacts have all disappeared. Where are they?

0
dermot1 (45)
12/8/2004 3:38:18 AM
I don't seem to be able to look in hidden files. How do I get it to do that.
"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in
message news:uCRtCrM3EHA.2608@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> They're stored in a file with a .PST extension.  Search your hard drive
> for all .PST files and make sure you search in hidden and system folders
> if you use Windows 2000 or XP.
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
> reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>

> In news:%23xn8k9K3EHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> singapore tom wrote:
>
>> I rebooted after a power failure and my inbox, Calendar, Tasks and
>> contacts have all disappeared. Where are they?

0
dermot1 (45)
12/8/2004 3:54:39 AM
Yes - I have Windows and Office XP
"singapore tom" <dermot@grove-white.com> wrote in message
>I don't seem to be able to look in hidden files. How do I get it to do
>that.
> "Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in
> message news:uCRtCrM3EHA.2608@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> They're stored in a file with a .PST extension.  Search your hard drive
>> for all .PST files and make sure you search in hidden and system folders
>> if you use Windows 2000 or XP.
>>
>> --
>> Jocelyn Fiorello
>> MVP - Outlook
>>
>> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
>> reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>>

>> In news:%23xn8k9K3EHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
>> singapore tom wrote:
>>
>>> I rebooted after a power failure and my inbox, Calendar, Tasks and
>>> contacts have all disappeared. Where are they?

0
dermot1 (45)
12/8/2004 4:09:51 AM
singapore tom <dermot@grove-white.com> wrote:

> I found only one and it was a GTD (Getting things Done file) a trial
> add on programme to outlook

Did you enable searching in hidden files and folders when you looked?  The
default location for your PST is
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook and that is
a hidden folder.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
12/8/2004 7:04:18 PM
singapore tom <dermot@grove-white.com> wrote:

> I don't seem to be able to look in hidden files. How do I get it to
> do that.

Three ways.  Use "Advanced Search" in Windows Explorer, in Windows Explorer
click Tools>Folder Options>View and select the "Show hidden files and
folders" radio button, or use Control Panel>Appearance and Themes>Folder
Options to get to the same place.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
12/8/2004 7:06:49 PM
Thank you I found them - 3 outlook pst files  one with 222,000 KB, one
11,000 KB Archive and one 64KB seems to be an empty sub account.
How do I get them back into my outlook
> singapore tom <dermot@grove-white.com> wrote:
>
>> I found only one and it was a GTD (Getting things Done file) a trial
>> add on programme to outlook
>
> Did you enable searching in hidden files and folders when you looked?  The
> default location for your PST is
> %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook and that
> is a hidden folder.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
dermot1 (45)
12/8/2004 8:07:50 PM
singapore tom <dermot@grove-white.com> wrote:

> Thank you I found them - 3 outlook pst files  one with 222,000 KB, one
> 11,000 KB Archive and one 64KB seems to be an empty sub account.
> How do I get them back into my outlook

File>Open>Outlook Data File (or Personal Folders File, depending on your
Outlook version, which you don't mention).
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
12/9/2004 2:15:47 PM
I have Outlook XP
When I follow your directions to open the files (> File>Open>Outlook Data
File )they come up blank still

> singapore tom <dermot@grove-white.com> wrote:
>
>> Thank you I found them - 3 outlook pst files  one with 222,000 KB, one
>> 11,000 KB Archive and one 64KB seems to be an empty sub account.
>> How do I get them back into my outlook
>
> File>Open>Outlook Data File (or Personal Folders File, depending on your
> Outlook version, which you don't mention).
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
dermot1 (45)
12/9/2004 2:57:39 PM
singapore tom <dermot@grove-white.com> wrote:

> When I follow your directions to open the files (> File>Open>Outlook
> Data File )they come up blank still

Including the 222 Mb one?  Did you try running the Inbox Repair Tool
(scanpst.exe) on it?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
12/9/2004 4:15:43 PM
Yes - I tried to open the 222Mb one.
No  -where do I find the inbox repair tool
scanpst.exe ? and how do I use it?
Dermot

> singapore tom <dermot@grove-white.com> wrote:
>
>> When I follow your directions to open the files (> File>Open>Outlook
>> Data File )they come up blank still
>
> Including the 222 Mb one?  Did you try running the Inbox Repair Tool
> (scanpst.exe) on it?
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
dermot1 (45)
12/9/2004 5:41:54 PM
I found inbox repair but when I used it and went to look for the 222Mb *pst
file in C:\Documents and settings\Dermot\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook\ I could not find any *pst files even though I
followed the search route faithfully.
What next?
Thankyou for your help.
Dermot

> Yes - I tried to open the 222Mb one.
> No  -where do I find the inbox repair tool
> scanpst.exe ? and how do I use it?
> Dermot
>

> "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> singapore tom <dermot@grove-white.com> wrote:
>>
>>> When I follow your directions to open the files (> File>Open>Outlook
>>> Data File )they come up blank still
>>
>> Including the 222 Mb one?  Did you try running the Inbox Repair Tool
>> (scanpst.exe) on it?
>> --
>> Brian Tillman

0
dermot1 (45)
12/9/2004 5:56:34 PM
singapore tom <dermot@grove-white.com> wrote:

> No  -where do I find the inbox repair tool
> scanpst.exe ?

%CommonProgramFiles%\System\MSMAPI\1033\SCANPST.EXE

and how do I use it?

Run it.  Answer its prompts.
--
Brian Tillman
0
singapore tom <dermot@grove-white.com> wrote:

> I found inbox repair but when I used it and went to look for the
> 222Mb *pst file in C:\Documents and settings\Dermot\Local
> Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\ I could not find any
> *pst files even though I followed the search route faithfully.

You need to enable exploring hidden files and folders.  Open Windows
Explorer, then click Tools>Folder Options>View and select the "Show hidden
files and folders" radio button.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
12/9/2004 7:07:46 PM
I found the files and repaired them but still nothing will open in outlook>
data file
If I click on it from the search results window using outlook as the program
it opens an email in word with the file as an attachment! Go figure!
Dermot

> singapore tom <dermot@grove-white.com> wrote:
>
>> I found inbox repair but when I used it and went to look for the
>> 222Mb *pst file in C:\Documents and settings\Dermot\Local
>> Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\ I could not find any
>> *pst files even though I followed the search route faithfully.
>
> You need to enable exploring hidden files and folders.  Open Windows
> Explorer, then click Tools>Folder Options>View and select the "Show hidden
> files and folders" radio button.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
dermot1 (45)
12/9/2004 10:02:32 PM
done that

> singapore tom <dermot@grove-white.com> wrote:
>
>> No  -where do I find the inbox repair tool
>> scanpst.exe ?
>
> %CommonProgramFiles%\System\MSMAPI\1033\SCANPST.EXE
>
> and how do I use it?
>
> Run it.  Answer its prompts.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
dermot1 (45)
12/9/2004 10:35:33 PM
singapore tom <dermot@grove-white.com> wrote:

> I found the files and repaired them but still nothing will open in
> outlook> data file

What message(s) do you get when you try?  What shows up in the Event Log?

> If I click on it from the search results window using outlook as the
> program it opens an email in word with the file as an attachment! Go
> figure!

Since that's not the way to open a PST, I'm not surprised.
--
Brian Tillman
0

> singapore tom <dermot@grove-white.com> wrote:
>
>> I found the files and repaired them but still nothing will open in
>> outlook> data file
>
> What message(s) do you get when you try?  What shows up in the Event Log?
>
>> If I click on it from the search results window using outlook as the
>> program it opens an email in word with the file as an attachment! Go
>> figure!
>
> Since that's not the way to open a PST, I'm not surprised.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
dermot1 (45)

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C4E1DF.E62AFCB0

> There is zero message when I go file>open>Outlook data>Outlook.pst
> The earlier memo - "There are no items to show in this view." just=20
> disappears and the file name appears in the bar above, but the body of =
the=20
> screen is completely blank.
> Dermot
>=20
> "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message=20
>> singapore tom <dermot@grove-white.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I found the files and repaired them but still nothing will open in
>>> outlook> data file
>>
>> What message(s) do you get when you try?  What shows up in the Event =
Log?

>>> If I click on it from the search results window using outlook as the
>>> program it opens an email in word with the file as an attachment! Go
>>> figure!
>>
>> Since that's not the way to open a PST, I'm not surprised.
>> --=20
>> Brian Tillman=20
>=20

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C4E1DF.E62AFCB0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>There is zero message when I go =
file&gt;open&gt;Outlook=20
data&gt;Outlook.pst<BR>&gt; The earlier memo - "There are no items to =
show in=20
this view." just <BR>&gt; disappears and the file name appears in the =
bar above,=20
but the body of the <BR>&gt; screen is completely blank.<BR>&gt; =
Dermot<BR>&gt;=20
<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>"singapore tom" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:dermot@grove-white.com"><FONT=20
size=3D2>dermot@grove-white.com</FONT></A><FONT size=3D2>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
</FONT><A href=3D"news:O4386ws3EHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl"><FONT=20
size=3D2>news:O4386ws3EHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl</FONT></A><FONT=20
size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT size=3D2>&gt; There is zero message when =
I go=20
file&gt;open&gt;Outlook data&gt;Outlook.pst<BR>&gt; The earlier memo - =
"There=20
are no items to show in this view." just <BR>&gt; disappears and the =
file name=20
appears in the bar above, but the body of the <BR>&gt; screen is =
completely=20
blank.<BR>&gt; Dermot<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; "Brian Tillman" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:tillman1952@yahoo.com"><FONT=20
size=3D2>tillman1952@yahoo.com</FONT></A><FONT size=3D2>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
<BR>&gt; </FONT><A =
href=3D"news:eXDV8Bs3EHA.2572@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl"><FONT=20
size=3D2>news:eXDV8Bs3EHA.2572@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl</FONT></A><FONT=20
size=3D2>...<BR>&gt;&gt; singapore tom &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:dermot@grove-white.com"><FONT=20
size=3D2>dermot@grove-white.com</FONT></A><FONT size=3D2>&gt;=20
wrote:<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; I found the files and repaired them =
but still=20
nothing will open in<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; outlook&gt; data=20
file<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; What message(s) do you get when you =
try?&nbsp; What=20
shows up in the Event Log?<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; If I click on it =
from the=20
search results window using outlook as the<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; program it =
opens an=20
email in word with the file as an attachment! Go<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;=20
figure!<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Since that's not the way to open a PST, =
I'm not=20
surprised.<BR>&gt;&gt; -- <BR>&gt;&gt; Brian Tillman <BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt;</FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C4E1DF.E62AFCB0--

0
dermot1 (45)

outlook 2003 Duplicates of Outlook Personal Folder List Appear in Outlook
Duplicates of Outlook Personal Folder List Appear in Outlook how do i correct this problem? thanks in advance R click > Close. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:202b01c3e10b$bc8d90f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Duplicates of Outlook Personal Folder List Appear in > Outlook > > how do i correct this problem? > > thanks in advance > ...

Outlook client problems 12-07-07
One of my users is having an issue when she opens Outlook where she gets an error that says the CRM client can't load because cookies have been disabled within her browser settings. And then she gets the infamous error: "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality..." This was working fine yesterday -- she comes in this morning and now it's not working. I checked her browser settings and cookies aren't disabled. Just in case I went in and added the CRM server to her list of trusted sites within her Intranet zone and that didn't make a difference. ...

I want to activate email notification while Outlook is inactive.
How do I go about setting up Outlook to notify me of email while my program is inactive or closed? "OGThomas" <OGThomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D11B82D-8174-46E6-B84F-05476F0E22A0@microsoft.com... > How do I go about setting up Outlook to notify me of email while my > program > is inactive or closed? You can't. Does the speedometer of your car work while the engine is off and the car is stationary? You can use a third-party notifier but that has to be up and running so you may as well just keep Outlook running... Y...

Outlook
When I attempt to forward a contact as a vCard I receive the following error: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid" I am using outlook 2ksp3. This happens with any system/account on the network. Anyone run in to this or have a fix? To clarify I can forward a contact in a message just not as a vCard. Cheers! Hi bbricker- It appears to be a fairly common Outlook error: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224918/en-us What happens when you try it from a diferent machine/install on the network, same account? PB "bbricker@mfda.ca"...

Home / Office Desk Power Option failed to turn off LCD screen
Hi, My OS is MS Window XP (Home) Edition. I have set my power option as "Home / Office Desk Scheme" which is suppose to turn off my LCD screen after 10 minutes if the PC remains inactive. Lately I find that this feature is not working at all. I need to turn off the screen manually if I play music for long hours. May I know what are the possible causes and how to deal with this problem ? Thanks Low On Feb 2, 2:05=A0pm, Mr. Low <Mr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > My OS is MS Window XP (Home) Edition. > > I have set my p...

Serious Outlook Problems
When I open Outlook 2000 I get the following error message. "An extension failed to initialize. Can't open file: C . The file may not exist, you may not have permission to open it, or it may be open in another program. Right-click the folder that contains the file, and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder. You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation." Now this is weird! It tells me what to do and then tells me I don't have permission to perform this operation???? I'm the only one on the computer! HOW DO...

Can't use hyperlinks in Outlook 2003
When I try to click on a hyperlink I get the error message "his operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer". I followed MS docs to see if a fix would work and also my security settings but no joy yet. What else can I do? Thanks in advance. Paul wrote: > When I try to click on a hyperlink I get the error message "his operation > has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer". I > followed MS docs to see if a fix would work and also my security settings > but no joy yet. > What else can I do? > ...

Sending mail in outlook while connected to the offline exchange server
I am a mobile user who has Outlook set up to the corporate Exchange server. Everything is going fine while I am at office, but I'm in serious trouble once I leave the office. I have set up few Internet mail accounts, which are connected, to the different ISP. Once I try to send a new mail, I cannot choose from the list of available SMTP servers and Outlook still tries to send it through the Exchange (which is now offline!). How can I resolve this problem? ...

Global Group email failure
Greetings, I have a Global Group configured for distributing email to all local office employees on my Exchange 2003 server. I have noticed select users that are part of the group who cannot mail to the group. There is no NDR to provided, just none of the group members receive the email. Could someone give me some direction on how to troubleshoot/resolve this issue? Thank You, Steve M. SteveM <SteveM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Global Group configured for distributing email to all local office >employees on my Exchange 2003 server. I have noticed select us...

microsoft outlook #18
When trying to open outlook it tells me to inter microsoft Exchange Server name were do i get this from ( do i need to re run my CD or what and it also ask me for a mailbox If you're supposed to be connecting to an Exchange Server, you'll need to get this info from your mail administrator. If not, open Outlook and select Tools | E-Mail Accounts | Next | and remove the Exchange Server account. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "sim3@txucom.net&q...

power of ten?
Is there a way to write "powers of ten" in Publisher 2002? (ie how to express "10 to the 80th power" in the traditional way). Thanks, Jim Use superscript. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jim K." <grinmonger@aol.com> wrote in message news:369c9f8b-adaa-4196-a071-7a44a4dac843@t26g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to write "powers of ten" in Publisher 2002? (ie how to > express "10 to the 80th power" in the traditional way). > Thanks, Jim...

Outlook #204
When I try to open Outlook I get "Cannot access C:\windows\outlook.pst" This seems to have occured after I down loaded an update Help Tom Cooper <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I try to open Outlook I get "Cannot access > C:\windows\outlook.pst" This seems to have occured after > I down loaded an update Help Make sure C:\Windows\Outlook.pst exists and that it is READ/WRITE. -- Brian Tillman ...

Microsoft 7 Outlook crashed now is says is cannot open.
Microsoft 7 Outlook crashed now it can't open the Outlook window. Tried repair, PST file is not corrupted, tried registry diagnostics, triad Microsoft diagnostics. "Cabarita" <Cabarita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:974249AC-C863-49F2-9CFD-056A61FF2BC3@microsoft.com... > Microsoft 7 Outlook crashed now it can't open the Outlook window. Tried > repair, PST file is not corrupted, tried registry diagnostics, triad > Microsoft diagnostics. Start-Run and type "Outlook.exe /resetnavpane" (without the quotes). It's a...

Lost My Computer on destop
WinXP SP3 I have "lost" the shortcut / icon to My Computer which is normally resident on the Desktop. How can I recover it? donwb Click start--right click 'my computer', click 'show on desktop'. "donwb" <2banshee2@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:usFx0u8ELHA.588@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > WinXP SP3 > I have "lost" the shortcut / icon to My Computer > which is normally resident on the Desktop. > How can I recover it? > donwb > Start - (right) click My Computer - (left) click Show on Desktop &q...

OUTLOOK INBOX GOES TO EXCHANGE
When I open my inbox in outlook all appears normal. As I move from one mail to another the mail transfers to Exchange. It no longer shows up in Outlook. The only folder affected is the inbox. This, as you might imagine, is quite frustrating. It was a couple of weeks before I figured out where my mail was disappearing to. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it Thanks, Dan What version of Outlook are you using? -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "DANR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Linking word and power point
How do I link word and powerpoint so that when I have a slideshow running, my word document is always on the correct page of the document? This newsgroup/forum is for Microsoft Access Databases. You should post this question in a Word or Powerpoint newsgroup/forum to get the correct help. This is a Microsoft Access database forum. Try the Word or Power Point forums. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "EdwinKania" wrote: > How do I link word and powerpoint so that when I have a slideshow ru...

Line spacing an email in Outlook 2007
Hi, I have read a lot of the posted discussions regarding line spacing in an email, however, I'd like to get confrimation on this, if possible. When one of our users creates a new email message in Outlook 2007, (Vista operating system) the line spacing seems to be 1.5. We have already checked the normal templates for Word, as well as Outlook, to make sure spacing is set to single; and have also verified that the Normal style in his message is set to single. From what I've been reading, it seems the only solution is to use "Exactly" a specified point size to correct t...

Programmatically creating/modifying Outlook send/receive groups
Hi All, I want to make new send and receive group programmatically in MS Outlook and edit existing send and receive group settings. I have tried MAPI and Outlook object model but it didn’t work. I have two accounts in Outlook profile and want to customize the send/receive behaviour in my Outlook add-in for these accounts. I am trying to achieve this by creating another send-receive group and keeping one account in each group. Now I can cancel the send-receive on any group using the SyncObject whenever I don’t want to sync a particular account. Since I want to create a setup program...

saving the code and other dev info
I was given what I considered an odd/bizarre task (by the head person). What they are looking for is to have all the code, queries, etc, programmatically put into a db (separate from project) for storage purposes. I suggested using VSS. I have never done anything like this much even begin to figure this out. Has anyone ever done (or even heard of) something like this? Any suggestions (other then to tell the head person to get off the drugs) on how this is possible? Know of any samples/examples of this? Thanks. .... John JohnE wrote: >I was given what I considered an odd/biz...

lost a personal folder
I had two personal folders in my outlook 2003 on a vista computer. I accidentally closed the wrong folder. Now I can't find it. All I can find is the incmplete one Loretta What would be the best way to search for the missing personal file in Vista? "Loretta" <lorettaa@anderson-computer.com> wrote in message news:%23Fkl9DauHHA.5072@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I had two personal folders in my outlook 2003 on a vista computer. I >accidentally closed the wrong folder. Now I can't find it. All I can find >is the incmplete one > Loretta > On Jun 28, 1...

File Upload Failure
Hello, All! I have a problem with file attachments in CRM 1.2. When I open Contact, select Notes, create new Note, click Browse, select large file (approximately more than 6 MB) and click Attach, the alert raises: File Upload Failure There was a problem while attempting to upload the requested file. Check the file path and try again. I investigated that error code returned by /MSCRMSERVICES/NoteUpload.srf is 80044a02. I haven't found any articles containing 80044a02 in the MSDN, Google etc. Also I have a problem with file names, containing russian chars. They are smoothly being attached...

outlook 2003 and hotmail #5
Hello, I just upgraded to Office 2003. Outlook does not want to connect to hotmail. There was an article in the knowledge base, but it did not give the solution. Please let me know if there is a fix. Thanks Did you set the server type to http mail? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Oleg asked: | Hello, I just upgraded to Office 2003. Outlook does...

Outlook 2003-this one is stumping the experts!
I posted back on Dec. 6 or so with this problem, and I'm reading several other with the same problem. You respond to an e-mail (or occassionally when writing a new one) in Outlook 2003. Hit the send button. In outbox, message shows sent date "none" and there is no way to send. You can reopen, send again, etc. It's stuck in the in-box. I had business contact manager installed and uninstalled it. This problem cropped up after I uninstalled business contact manager. HELP! On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 07:56:33 -0800, "Kenc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Why won't the connection that I use in Outlook Express work with .
I loaded Microsoft Office Professional Edition onto my computer. I have been using Outlook Express for my e-mail. Outlook recognized and imported everything from Outlook Express. But when it tries to link to my ISP, I just keep getting asked to confirm my sign-on id & password. I am never able to link up. HELP!!!! Outlook upgrade from Outlook Express wrote: > I loaded Microsoft Office Professional Edition onto my computer. I > have been using Outlook Express for my e-mail. Outlook recognized and > imported everything from Outlook Express. But when it tries to link > to my...

Cannot open 2003 Excel .xls file named Power Gas Details.xls
I opened this file today and added some formating of columns, etc and some numbers to the spread sheet. I saved it. I tried to reopen later and got error messages 1) Excel cannot open the file. It may be write only or encripted (I did not deliberately set a pass word or encript?), 2) Excel cannot open this file, I don't know why as it did earlier? I have previously downloaded vewiers from Microsoft with the understanding that these viewers would be able to open old spread sheets or other older items in previous versions of Excel. I not have Excel 2003 and have been using for a long ...